Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It seems the 2011 Mustang Gt's performance was "Inflated" vs 2010 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 12:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dark SS
Where is that advantage and where is that fact?
Well, thats goes back to basic physics man. Take two cars with similar power and the the ligher car usually comes out on top. Bolt on LS1 cars run high 12's. Thats a fact Im surprised you don't know that. 98-02 F-bodys average around 3600 lbs. The GT is similar weight to this car and makes more power. It should be no surprise that it runs mid to high 12's.

I guess you haven't noticed but the 5.0 is running high 12's too. That's still bolt-on LS1 territory and has been filmed.
I most absolutely have noticed, mid to high 12s is what I've seen and your correct that is LS1 territory. And the LS1 makes no where near what the LS3 does even in full bolt on form, see my point?

I wouldn't buy a mustang if it ran 11's bone stock and cost 20K.
No one here suggested that you should.

I could give a **** less if GM cares about me as long as they honor my warranty and keep making Camaro's I like. You want to talk about brand loyalty and your on LS1tech?
If your going to quote me, quote me correctly. Mindless brand loyalty, yes I think its ridiculous. If you like GM buy it, if you like ford buy it. But to take it personal because someone else doesn't feel the same way you do, or take it personal because someone is pointing out the advantage of the other is the epidome of stupid.

Prove to me with out a doubt that the 5.0 is faster and it's not a drivers race.
For what? You just said you wouldn't buy one if it ran 11's bone stock and cost $20k so why would anyone waste there time trying to prove anything to you. You are what I call brand myopic, your so narrow minded you refuse to acknowlege or appreciate what something else may bring to the table.

As for identical, 12.58=12.58. Currently that is the best, undisputed time for both cars.
You may be correct I haven't read that, doesn't mean it didn't happen I just haven't seen or read it. As for the best time for the GT 12.6. The camaro 12.9 in person 13.2

I think the Camaro has more of a potential to go faster than the GT simply because the platform has been out a little over a year and people are learning to drive it. The GT, even though it has a better motor, is essentially the same set-up dating back to '05.
I think the amount of time the camaro has been out has little or nothing to do with your reasoning as to why it would be faster. The aftermarket may have an advantage here but thats about it.

Last edited by Lethal Z; 06-23-2010 at 05:44 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:19 PM
Banned

I wasn't going to reply to you again but you obviously have a counting problem and it's quite funny lol

1. name calling like you're in high school.
2. cursing.. yea this doesn't look like 0 to me.

Originally Posted by ss1129
You tell me to "raise the maturity level" yet you register here with the sole purpose of defending the mustang when 37 people are already saying the same things you said.

If you were a member here when the thread started you would know that the purpose of this thread was that the mustang isnt all it was cracked up to be. Its in the same ballpark as the Camaro. Nothing more, nothing less. If you would of made it to post #5 instead of reading post #1 then the last page you would of seen that.

Instead you register on ls1tech.com to tell everyone the mustang is the bees knees and have the audacity to tell me to raise the maturity level, when the whole reason your here is to stir **** up more than it has been.

Maybe, just maybe if you mustang nut swingers that are coming out of the woodwork to swing on the nuts of the 2011 GT, would post on mustang sites, they would have enough traffic to actually keep non-nutswingers there so you can have mustang conversations all by yourselves.

Did you guys really see anything near this level of "maturity" when the 2010 camaro came out and smoked the **** out of the 2010 Mustang GT? LOL probably not a lot of posts from camaro fans posting on mustang sites just to talk ****. Sure there are always idiots ice skating uphill, but not to the effect that the 2011 gt has brought to GM based websites.
you sure showed me...

Again you complain of me swearing and being mad, but the post you quoted contains 0 swears. BTW thats 2 posts in a row where I didnt swear.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ArcticMissile
Not sure your understanding the point I am trying to make. Everyone was up in arms about how the new Mustang was going to stomp the Camaro and the MT comparison was blasted all over you tube with every mustang fan creaming in their pants. The truth of the matter is the Mustang is going to be quick but by no means a Camaro slayer. Just trying to calm the worries of Camaro owners who got all worked up over one MT article. Let the pony car wars begin!
Page 1 post #5. Because I know you dont want to respond to it. LOL.

Keep avoiding it. Plus keep avoiding the fact that you're a troll. Nothing more, nothing less.

Again you bring 0 to the ls1tech table. I may be a ******** to people like you, but on average I contribute to this site in a positive manner. You on the other hand will hopefully be gone a bit and things will resume back to normal.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:40 PM
Banned

Talk about ignoring...

Again you complain of me swearing and being mad, but the post you quoted contains 0 swears.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:00 PM
TECH Regular

but on average I contribute to this site in a positive manner.
Have you looked at your post history? I just did.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:03 PM
12 Second Club

Okay I said **** twice. Im sorry I offended you.

LOL.

You're still ignoring what I posted by responding with nonsense. Thats typical of you though.

Anyways, why did you you register here again? Seriously.

Didnt you also register at Camaro5 as fdjizm2 3 and 5? Where did that get you?
Old 06-23-2010, 01:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lethal Z
Well, thats goes back to basic physics man. Take two cars with similar power and the the ligher car usually comes out on top. Bolt on LS1 cars run high 12's. Thats a fact Im surprised you don't know that. 98-02 F-bodys average around 3600 lbs. The GT is similar weight to this car and makes more power. It should be no surprise that it runs mid to high 12's.
Basic physics doesn't use other factors like torque curve and usable power. Sure if you want to take HP vs. weight then the mustang should be a good amount faster and it's not. That what pro-mustang people in this thread refuse to acknowledge. I have never heard of a 4th gen averaging 3600 lbs., that would mean some weigh more and some weigh less. 3600lbs. is about the most an f-body can weigh so that's inaccurate. I would say the average is 3500 based on how many 3450 Z28's I have seen.

I most absolutely have noticed, mid to high 12s is what I've seen. And your correct that is LS1 territory. And the LS1 makes no where near what the LS3 does even in full bolt on form, see my point?
I really don't because you seem to be so enamored with the 5.0 and yet it makes so much more power than a bolt-on LS1 and is closer in weight to an f-body. Yet I should appreciate it so much more than I am? I think ford did a great job getting the mustang to compete but I am still more impressed with the performance and package that Chevy offers. That's why I own one, which more then can be said about all the 5.0 fanboi's.

If your going to quote me, quote me correctly. Mindless brand loyalty, yes I think its ridiculous. If you like GM buy it if you like ford buy it. But to take it personal because someone else doesn't feel the same way you do or take it personal because someone is pointing out the advantage of the other is the epidome of stupid.
If there was this big advantage I could see the reason why dumbasses would come on this site and brag. But it just isn't there. People like yourself keep talking about this advantage the 5.0 has but I still have yet to see it. They run the same times. They even MPH the same. It seems you are so anti-brand loyal that you fail to see how even these cars are. I have always said they are pretty much even with the win going to the better driver. I don't now how much more fair I can be given the lack of evidence that the 5.0 is so much faster.

For what? You just said you wouldn't buy one if it ran 11's bone stock and cost $20k so why would anyone waste there time trying to prove anything to you. You are what I call brand myopic, your so narrow minded you refuse to acknowlege or appreciate what something thats different may bring to the table.
So maybe your argument could be valid and not just bullshit? Other than praising ford for making a superior vehicle based on physics alone, I don't know what I can do to acknowledge ford has made a decent vehicle that is on par with the Camaro.

I think the amount of time the camaro has been out has little or nothing to do with your reasoning as to why it would be faster. The aftermarket may have an advantage here but thats about it.
Driving techniques and weather are what sets stock records, not the difference between one car to the next. That's why everyone respects Even Smith so much. It's a fact that the 5th gen is hard to launch. More seat time=better E.T.'s and I think both stock records for both cars will go down with time but they will be very close.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:11 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ke^in
Have you looked at your post history? I just did.
Yeah, and if IB woudnt of cut it to like 2 pages you would see that I generally get along with everyone and provide good information or ask about relevent questions.

You cant come to someone else's house and be a jerk off and not expect to anything to happen.

HENCE, I dont go to mustang sites and tell them I dont like their cars. Its pointless and stupid. Its the select few johnny come lately mustang nut swingers such as yourself and fdjizm that are ruining these boards. We have the best car website here and usually everyone gets along. Come the 2011 GT and every immature mustang fan comes along here to register and tell us how great of a car it is. You guys are the only ones doing it.

You dont see:

STI
EVO
Viper
Lambo
Audi
Mercedes
lexus
Challenger
Charger

or any other car fans doing this ****. There are 1,00000000000000000005 cars that are faster or better than the new camaro, but only the 2011 gt nutswingers are here to tell us about their car.....or the 2011 gt they will buy when its used and comes down in price.

You're not really educating anyone and plain out annoying. I know they have ford forums, and like I said eariler, if all you mustang die hards would post there, they might have a forum worth registering at, which would have a post count of higher than 15 posts per day.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:27 PM
TECH Regular

In EVERY Car forum I've been to there has been people that belong to them that have cars that differ from the forums main base. IN EVERY Ford or Mustang for I am in, there are also a ton of GM/camaro guys.

LS1tech isn't a lone on this. And for some reason it doesn't bother me.

BTW I am not a Mustang "die hard" I've owned ONE Ford in the 37 years I've been alive.

This is what people are talking about when you go off into dishonest tangents to make your exaggerated complaining seem legit.

By you constantly littering threads with complaints, you are doing more harm than the people you are bitching about.

If you don't like someone, put them on ignore. If you don't like certain threads, don't click on them. It's that simple.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:34 PM
12 Second Club

Theres nothing wrong with other car enthusiats being here. I never said that. Its when they try to tell us 10,000 times that the car they have, like, or want is better than what the forums are about.

If I go to the Lambo fourms and say yeah they are nice, but not as nice as a viper dont you think thats going to stir **** up?

Or if I go to a viper foruma and say yeah vipers are nice, but man in a 1/4 mile a vette is a better car.

Or if I go to a Subaru site and tell them I like an EVO better.

Thats pure ignorance to think that anybody cares what you think abou their car. Dont come to other peoples homes to talk **** on them. Which Kevin and fdjizm is all you do. Thats a fact.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:38 PM
Banned

Okay I said **** twice. Im sorry I offended you.

LOL.

You're still ignoring what I posted by responding with nonsense. Thats typical of you though.

Anyways, why did you you register here again? Seriously.

Didnt you also register at Camaro5 as fdjizm2 3 and 5? Where did that get you?
No actually I didn't where did you get that from? and why are you so concentrated on me and not the topic of the thread?
Old 06-23-2010, 01:45 PM
TECH Regular

Theres nothing wrong with other car enthusiats being here. I never said that.
If that wasn't what you were referring to, then I apologize.
Its when they try to tell us 10,000 times that the car they have, like, or want is better than what the forums are about.
You mean like the times I've stated I'd rather buy a used Vette for the price of the 2011 GT?
If I go to the Lambo fourms and say yeah they are nice, but not as nice as a viper dont you think thats going to stir **** up?
Yes. Because only an idiot would do this. I don't think the GT is a better car BTW. I think they are both great cars.
Or if I go to a viper foruma and say yeah vipers are nice, but man in a 1/4 mile a vette is a better car.
Happens every day in Viper/Vette forums. Earth keeps spinning
Or if I go to a Subaru site and tell them I like an EVO better.
Happens every day in Subaru/EVI forums. Earth keeps spinning
Thats pure ignorance to think that anybody cares what you think abou their car.
Did someone belittle YOUR particular car? If so, then ya that's lame.
Dont come to other peoples homes to talk **** on them.
This is my home just as much as it is yours.
Which Kevin and fdjizm is all you do. Thats a fact.
Constantly forever infinity and other extreme words.

If your rant was so just you'd not have to revert to this kind exaggerated dishonesty.

Again what you should be asking yourself is, why such a thing bothers you bad enough that you spend a considerable amount of your time bitching about it, instead of blaming others for your reaction?
Old 06-23-2010, 01:47 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by fdjizm
No actually I didn't where did you get that from? and why are you so concentrated on me and not the topic of the thread?

Just like on camaro5 the only reason I keep responding to you is because you ignore the point of a post and respond with things like "calm down bro" " I know why u mad" and stupid things like that in an attempt to side step the conversation.

Again you stated your opinion on the thread, which clearly showed you didnt read the thread or anything past post number 4.

I direceted you to post number 5 and even quoted it for you in an attempt to show you what the thread was about before the johnny come lately crew started posting in here. Then you chose to ignore and respond with your anger quotes like your some doctor.

Oh and if you didnt, someone else registerd as fdjizm2 3 and 5 on that site. I figured it was you.

But again the whole point of the thread was that all the mustang fans were out and about with how much better the new mustang was then the camaro, when in reality they are pretty even.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:50 PM
TECH Regular

But again the whole point of the thread was that all the mustang fans were out and about with how much better the new mustang was then the camaro, when in reality they are pretty even.
Again, I never saw this. I saw people claim it was going to be better than a 13 second car that a lot of people in here was saying forever in here. Others were saying it would be close to the 5th gen, probably a tad faster.

I think some of the pom pomming comes from those that belittled it for months before it came out. It's just a back-lash.

The FASTEST I've heard ANYONE claim the 5.0 would be stock is mid 12s. And that's happened. I don't see how anything was inflated.

Can you show me where anyone said that the new 5.0 would be faster than mid 12s stock? I can't find anywhere. Not on this forum anyhow.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:52 PM
12 Second Club

If that wasn't what you were referring to, then I apologize.

You mean like the times I've stated I'd rather buy a used Vette for the price of the 2011 GT?

Yes. Because only an idiot would do this. I don't think the GT is a better car BTW. I think they are both great cars.

Happens every day in Viper/Vette forums. Earth keeps spinning

Happens every day in Subaru/EVI forums. Earth keeps spinning

Did someone belittle YOUR particular car? If so, then ya that's lame.

This is my home just as much as it is yours.

Constantly forever infinity and other extreme words.

If your rant was so just you'd not have to revert to this kind exaggerated dishonesty.

Again what you should be asking yourself is, why such a thing bothers you bad enough that you spend a considerable amount of your time bitching about it, instead of blaming others for your reaction?

Kevin, your a troll. Thats all there is too it. You may not see it, but Im sure plenty of members here do. Especially fdjizm, hes like a king troll. Hes probably your boss. LOL

Yes you can come here and talk **** about camaros or whatever. Its legal and doesnt physically or emotionally harm anyone. But its ******* stupid and its not going to get anyone to like a mustang better. Thats all Im trying to say. Its ******* stupid. Maybe its because I dont understand the urge to register on other sites to tell them why I think other products are better. I understand the earth keeps spinning, but again its just ******* stupid to do. Especially when you dont have said product.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:57 PM
12 Second Club

Again, I never saw this. I saw people claim it was going to be better than a 13 second car that a lot of people in here was saying forever in here. Others were saying it would be close to the 5th gen, probably a tad faster.

I think some of the pom pomming comes from those that belittled it for months before it came out. It's just a back-lash.

The FASTEST I've heard ANYONE claim the 5.0 would be stock is mid 12s. And that's happened. I don't see how anything was inflated.

Can you show me where anyone said that the new 5.0 would be faster than mid 12s stock? I can't find anywhere. Not on this forum anyhow.

Bro, I cant make it any clearer. In response to the drag race video where the mustang wiped the floor with the camaro, every mustang nutswinger went into a frenzy about how much faster the mustang was. This thread was in response to that....again post number 5 says that. There is a world outside of this thread and outside of ls1tech. Just because you didnt read or hear about it in this perticular thread doenst mean it didnt happen.

If you think it didnt happen then all you would of had to post is "that **** didnt happen" instead of posting 5,000 times how you think the mustang is faster stock for stock.

This thread isnt about whats faster stock for stock. Its about how the mustang isnt going to murder the Camaro. Thats all there is too it.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:01 PM
Banned

Someone wants to start a nerd fight...

So you say mustang fans went nuts and lost their minds when they saw a vid of the mustang beating the camaro, yet you forget how nuts LS1 fans went when the vid of the LS1 beating the new GT came out? after that video for some reason every ls1 every built could beat a new mustang 5.0, sounds like the pot calling the kettle black.

stop cursing, aren't you in your late twenties? talk like an adult.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:06 PM
TECH Regular

Kevin, your a troll. Thats all there is too it. You may not see it, but Im sure plenty of members here do.
Me taking up for myself when you launch baseless accusations does not = troll. All you do is exaggerate your claims and launch character assassinations, and then call others troll. Talk about someone not realizing it. For example..
Especially fdjizm, hes like a king troll. Hes probably your boss. LOL
LOL indeed.
Yes you can come here and talk **** about camaros or whatever. Its legal and doesnt physically or emotionally harm anyone. But its ******* stupid and its not going to get anyone to like a mustang better.
Why would I? I even take up for LT1 owners getting slammed in here. I have nothing against Camaros. As a matter of fact, I'd trade my GT in for a 02 WS6 if I could. Which BTW is the reason I registered here. Looking for a RWD V8. And I am NOT TRYING to get anyone like Mustangs better.
Maybe its because I dont understand the urge to register on other sites to tell them why I think other products are better.
Again, exaggerating. Read above.
I understand the earth keeps spinning, but again its just ******* stupid to do. Especially when you dont have said product.
So one can't talk about a product they don't own? These rules you are pulling out of your rear are pretty ridiculous.
Bro, I cant make it any clearer. In response to the drag race video where the mustang wiped the floor with the camaro, every mustang nutswinger went into a frenzy about how much faster the mustang was.
Can you point to said thread? If it's the one I saw, It was about .2 faster. Not really wiping the floor IMHO.
This thread was in response to that....again post number 5 says that.
*reads post *

"Camaro and the MT comparison was blasted all over you tube with every mustang fan creaming in their pants."

youtube. Come on, and you call me a troll.
There is a world outside of this thread and outside of ls1tech. Just because you didnt read or hear about it in this perticular thread doenst mean it didnt happen.
Well if it happened outside of LStech, stop treating those in it as if they had anything to do with it. Cause we didn't.
This thread isnt about whats faster stock for stock. Its about how the mustang isnt going to murder the Camaro. Thats all there is too it.
Someone is being a tad bit defense. I hope you don't tie in your personal worth to your car.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:08 PM
TECH Regular

http://www.vandruff.com/art_converse.html
Old 06-23-2010, 04:58 PM
On The Tree

Can i say something? Take at the Motortrend video race, immediately the mustang pulls ahead (irs ftl), then by the the Camaro is catching the 5.0 QUICK. Then C&D's comparo shows the Camaro being FASTER, hmmm. MT got lucky and launched the crap out of the mustang, then they "accidently" dynoed in a lower gear that isnt 1:1 ratio and INFLATED the whp numbers, that evo performance Mustang didnt even come close to the 400whp with full bolt-ons. Lastly IF the mustang WAS faster mod for the camaro will be faster, plain and simple there is no replacement for displacement... or the MUCH bigger aftermarket. For the first time ever a mustang is supposedly "faster".

P.S. Yeah i drive a Ford SVT L, but im not blind by the truth, and im not a company nutswinger, i just drive cars that "perform" no matter the badge up front.

Quick Reply: It seems the 2011 Mustang Gt's performance was "Inflated" vs 2010 Camaro