General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

I just picked up a 2001 WS6 convertible... You'd think I'd be happy BUT...

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 02:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Angry I just picked up a 2001 WS6 convertible... You'd think I'd be happy BUT...

I already posted the story in my local section so here's the link to keep everything together.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/florida-m...king-real.html

Old 03-13-2014, 03:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RONIN LSX
I already posted the story in my local section so here's the link to keep everything together.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/florida-m...king-real.html

Now this is, UNMOTHERFUCKING-REAL!!
Old 03-13-2014, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Raoul-Duke
Now this is, UNMOTHERFUCKING-REAL!!
You're missing two exclamation points!!
Old 03-14-2014, 03:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Unbeleivable! What **** luck, that's why I don't even bother with high mileage ls1s anymore. Had too many high mileage ones that proved to be money pits...
Old 03-14-2014, 06:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

sucks,but its fixable.

getting stranded isnt fun though.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:14 AM
11 Second Club

That ******* sucks man. Just wait till you get it all done you will be happy with your purchase. The guy who owned my car before me beat the **** out of it. How do I know? There are rubber marks on the inner rear wheel wells (which means he ran it at the track with slicks) and also the freaking LS1 blew up on me due to a weak bottom end. Just keep staying positive, the trans am looks sweet from the pics I'm seeing and sub $5k sounds like a nice deal.
Old 03-16-2014, 05:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Things could be worse. Everything is fixable..be happy you only spent 4300 vs 10 and had the same thing happen. **** happens. Jack that thing up and see where the fluid seems to be leaking from. See if any hoses popped off your trans cooler. Be happy your car didn't catch on fire too.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I don't have time, nor the tools I need to fix it myself. Hell... I couldn't even get the local guys to help me out, but what's funny is my OLD friends from my 3000GT VR4 days offered to try and help, even though they know nothing about the car, and some of them I have talked to in years, plus some that offered, live out of town. Goes to show how the F-Body guys stick together, HA!

But yeah, it's going in the shop tomorrow and then it's going to my buddy's body shop to get the front end fixed: I just want it fixed! Hopefully it'll be up and running by the weekend
Old 03-16-2014, 10:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by RONIN LSX
Well I don't have time, nor the tools I need to fix it myself. Hell... I couldn't even get the local guys to help me out, but what's funny is my OLD friends from my 3000GT VR4 days offered to try and help, even though they know nothing about the car, and some of them I have talked to in years, plus some that offered, live out of town. Goes to show how the F-Body guys stick together, HA!

But yeah, it's going in the shop tomorrow and then it's going to my buddy's body shop to get the front end fixed: I just want it fixed! Hopefully it'll be up and running by the weekend
Fbody guys do stick together theres always going to be those people though no matter what car you drive

Quick Reply: I just picked up a 2001 WS6 convertible... You'd think I'd be happy BUT...