General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

got a ticket ahhhhh!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 11:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got a ticket ahhhhh!

so i got a ticket last night for doing a U turn in a no U turn zone. turns out the police dept. was doing a speed trap and four cops peal out and all cut me off and box me in. i wasnt going to run..... anyways cop was a ********, and he said " ANY QUESTIONS BEFORE I WRITE UR TICKET" what a *******. he seemed happy to give a kid in a nice fast car a ticket...... what should i do. think ill go see swisher tomarrow.

any suggestions.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

probably sol, at least it wasn't anything more serious.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 91s10LS1
so i got a ticket last night for doing a U turn in a no U turn zone.

ahh hell i think that fits in the definition of violating the law.....just pay the ticket and move on
Old 02-20-2007, 11:50 PM
TECH Veteran

id **** my pants if that happened to me, yea i would just suck it considering you did commit an illegal violation
Old 02-20-2007, 11:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mycamaroSS
id **** my pants if that happened to me, yea i would just suck it considering you did commit an illegal violation
he did it was a NO U TURN zone and he did a U turn, like stated above get a lawyer pay the fine and move on and learn something from it
Old 02-20-2007, 11:55 PM
Launching!

i hate smart-*** cops. one night i truly wasn't paying attention to my speed and was at the back of the line while i was riding with my little group so i hurried to catch up. i was doing 60/35. i admit to that but all the cop thought i was doing was trying to "show off" he asked me to explain and i tried, but he ended the write up with, "there's no excuses, you were just trying to show off." i hated that.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:05 AM
Staging Lane

if i pay the ticket does it go in my record or raise my insurance?
Old 02-21-2007, 08:36 AM
Launching!

itll go on your record but idk about your insurance... although it could be considered dangerous driving.
speaking of ******** cops, the other day me and a couple friends were sitting in a parking lot at about 12 the other night. were just talking, doing nothing illegal or even suspicious. so 3 or 4 cops come through the parking lot, look at us and keep going. then the 5th cop screeches in with his spotlight on and tells us to leave or well get trespassing tickets..
Old 02-21-2007, 10:04 AM
TECH Addict

It all depends on what state your in, all states vary when it comes to this kinda stuff
Old 02-21-2007, 10:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Starz T/A 17
he did it was a NO U TURN zone and he did a U turn, like stated above get a lawyer pay the fine and move on and learn something from it
Dude i know haha that's what i said
Old 02-21-2007, 10:15 AM
TECH Resident

lol, yeah I love cops that act like they're Judge Dred, Although Cops here are pretty alright and fair. The funniest for me was when a ******** cop followed my bro for aout 2 miles and he ended up in our driveway. Anyways, this retard decides to throw on the flashers and bleeped the siren just as we pulled in. I personally was furious considering it was 1:30 am and my parents were sleeping inside. Anyways, the cop gets out of his car, comes to the bottom of the driveway like hes all hardcore. Yells up to my bro, get your license and come to my cruiser! My bro and I are like, "no were fine up here on OUR property, whats the problem?", he then goes on to say "my bros seat belt wasnt on when he passed" - BS!(which it clearly was - I was sitting beside him!), anyways we ended up telling the cop "to bad you didnt issue the ticket while we were on the road(and then went on to tell him we ALWAYS wear a seatbelt even if its a 30 second ride around the corner), lol and then we just casually walked into the house. The cop left after 1 min....not even
Old 02-21-2007, 10:25 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mycamaroSS
Dude i know haha that's what i said
haha I know I was just stating it again so everyone got it, I mean dont want a ticket dont break the law its as simple as that, There must be a reason why that street was a No U turn. If the police didnt do anything you would continue to do it, and at one point could end up gettin hurt b/c its not a safe place for a U turn. And going a little further down the street to make a U turn in a safer place is worth not gettin hurt or wreckin your car over.
I mean we all have to learn, I learned the hard way, and finally got it through my head, laws are their for a reason, dont want a ticket dont break the law. And remember cops dont make the laws they just enfore them, Yea I still speed a little bit but IF I get a ticket for it I accept the consequences of my actions and move on
Old 02-21-2007, 12:59 PM
12 Second Club

i got pulled over for not being able to find my registration card. yes thats all the cop asked for, no he didnt give me a reason why he pulled me over, yes i knew his boss and the ticket disappeared. you dont have to break the law to get a ticket (well atleast you dont have to in order to get pulled over). i hate when people say how they got a ticket, and all the consolation we can offer is "do the crime, do the time"...thats whats parents are for...
Old 02-21-2007, 02:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^ can you honestly name all the legal reason's a police officer can you pull over?....if you get half of them ill be impressed
Old 02-21-2007, 02:40 PM
TECH Resident

yea you cant get outta one of those. i got outta my ticket when i did an illegal u turn by saying i didnt see the sign (honestly didnt) and that i was on my way home and my mom called... he was nice and let me go. depends on the cop i guess
Old 02-21-2007, 04:11 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by staringback05
^^^ can you honestly name all the legal reason's a police officer can you pull over?....if you get half of them ill be impressed
this was in my mom's GMC envoy...nothing illegal about it...if it were my car, i dont even have to explain...tint, exhaust, hood, probably speeding, loud music, spinning tires, bald tires, etc...atleast i got the front plate still..
Old 02-21-2007, 04:13 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by staringback05
In NC now its illegal for kids under 18 to talk on the phone and drive, so I guess if you "look" younger and are on a phone... BINGO thats enough reason to pull you over and check on you, I mean yea some cops are dicks but theirs more good ones then bad ones out their. And Ive been pulled and not givin a reason, he asked for my registration and let me go, I dont think they even legally need a reason, I mean technically if you touch the center line thats reason enough
Old 02-21-2007, 04:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by NDFORSPD
lol, yeah I love cops that act like they're Judge Dred, Although Cops here are pretty alright and fair. The funniest for me was when a ******** cop followed my bro for aout 2 miles and he ended up in our driveway. Anyways, this retard decides to throw on the flashers and bleeped the siren just as we pulled in. I personally was furious considering it was 1:30 am and my parents were sleeping inside. Anyways, the cop gets out of his car, comes to the bottom of the driveway like hes all hardcore. Yells up to my bro, get your license and come to my cruiser! My bro and I are like, "no were fine up here on OUR property, whats the problem?", he then goes on to say "my bros seat belt wasnt on when he passed" - BS!(which it clearly was - I was sitting beside him!), anyways we ended up telling the cop "to bad you didnt issue the ticket while we were on the road(and then went on to tell him we ALWAYS wear a seatbelt even if its a 30 second ride around the corner), lol and then we just casually walked into the house. The cop left after 1 min....not even
Haha that's awesome
Old 02-21-2007, 04:30 PM
High on diesel fumes

I got pulled over for an illegal u-turn a couple nights ago...pulled up to the light, looked for cops, none around, turned....as i was coming around there was a cop coming out of a side street. I saw him gun it to come after me so I just pulled over and waited for him. He came up and asked me if I knew what he pulled me over for, I said “yeah”, he asked if I saw the sign, I said “yeah”, he asked why I pulled over, I told him I saw him coming for me. Asked me for license and registration, I already had my stuff out and he says “so you were ready for me huh?” I said yep, gave him my stuff, and he came back a few minutes later and told me to pay attention better next time, and he wasn’t going to ticket me. I think I got off lucky.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:18 AM
TECH Resident

NDFRSPD, funny story, but being on your property doesn't mean anything. If he had actually witnessed you commit a traffic infraction he could have come in your house, issued you the ticket and maybe even charged you with obstruction of justice. He figured one of two things, he had nothing or it wasn't worth the hassle.
FYI he doesn't need a warrant like you may be thinking.
I wouldn't be surprised hear he ticketed the registered owner of the car and put the ticket in the mail.
In any manner, no sense in pissing off a cop that works in your area. He can make you his project and as soon as you step off the line he got you. What are you going to do complain that you broke the law and he caught you??
Just trying to make matters clear here for everyone to understand so they don't get themselves in a pickle.
Law enforcement attracts strange individuals. Some cops are cool and do what they are supposed to. Some are on power trips and have to teach you a lesson. But I guess this is the same in all professions.
Nobody likes being lectured even when they did wrong, just give me the ticket.