Notices
Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dorman ls2 intake?

Old 04-08-2018, 06:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Our billet egr plug is the only one that works as far as i know. Quite a few have been tried.
Besides the block off for the EGR, what other items do I need before installing my lightly ported DLS2 Intake & WARR 92mm TB ?
Left the ports with some ridges, figured they might actually provide a bit of "swirl" in the ports for low end gain, and used 600 grit to really smooth all blended areas. Smooth flow from inside Intake going into the heads.
Can always go back and clean up (flush the walls/seams) ports later - if I port the heads sometime in the future.

Looking forward to the results of the Dyno time like everyone else...
Attached Thumbnails Dorman ls2 intake?-lh-bank-ported.jpg   Dorman ls2 intake?-rh-bank-ported.jpg   Dorman ls2 intake?-warr-92mm-tb.jpg  

Last edited by MikeyZ28SS; 04-08-2018 at 07:53 PM. Reason: detail added wrt porting
Old 04-09-2018, 07:34 AM
Teching In

The barb fitting in the back.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:36 AM
Teching In

Old 04-09-2018, 06:29 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

I dont think swirl applies to a dry manifold.
Also youll need the ls6 xover kit with plugs in the back if you do not already have them.
Thats all.
You may need to clearance where the throttle cam is also on WOT.
Old 04-10-2018, 04:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by omc8 View Post
Thanks for the details of this review keep us posted on progress of the tweaks you continue to make. My guess is that you will make 15 hp gain , hope you see more .Are still running stock injectors, maf and lid ?
well I went to my tuners shop today and got the TA tuned. The shop is too backed up with work and couldn't get my car on the dyno. He did take time out to put a tune on it since I didn't feel comfortable diving it around after putting the new intake on with no tune. He said hopefully next week when they clear out some of the cars they are working on we can get it on the dyno and see how much hp gain I got. It is running strong though. Again, sorry for not getting the dyno numbers yet but I will post as soon as we get it done.
Old 04-10-2018, 05:42 PM
On The Tree

I dont think swirl applies to a dry manifold.
Also youll need the ls6 xover kit with plugs in the back if you do not already have them.
Thats all.
You may need to clearance where the throttle cam is also on WOT.
Can you pls send me a PM with the pieces/prices available to swap the DLS2 onto my 98 LS1.
Thanks! Mike
Old 05-12-2018, 10:26 PM
TECH Addict

My mechanic installed the Dorman LS2 on my TA. A couple things he did was to put steel inserts on the larger rear mounting hole and larger front mounting hole. He also tapped the holes for mounting the fuel rail to accept M6 bolts. Dorman includes self tapping bolts for the fuel rail but that doesn't seem like the best solution if you ever remove the fuel rail. He also doubled up the washers on the intake mounting bolts to keep the plastic from deforming when torqued down.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:02 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Raygunz View Post
well I went to my tuners shop today and got the TA tuned. The shop is too backed up with work and couldn't get my car on the dyno. He did take time out to put a tune on it since I didn't feel comfortable diving it around after putting the new intake on with no tune. He said hopefully next week when they clear out some of the cars they are working on we can get it on the dyno and see how much hp gain I got. It is running strong though. Again, sorry for not getting the dyno numbers yet but I will post as soon as we get it done.
Did you ever get any dyno numbers?
Old 05-14-2018, 07:35 AM
Teching In

Sorry but no. I have not had the chance to get it on the dyno. Had too many things like getting my roof done and a few others come up. I wish the tuner would have done it the first time I took it to him but they were backed up with work. I will see if I can get it done here real soon. I am also wanting to know the numbers and I also think it needs a better tune. It is running good but I think there is more power on the table not being squeezed out of it yet.
Old 05-30-2018, 09:25 AM
Staging Lane

I can't seem to find this kit on the website? I def wanted to buy this kit.

For those that dont have access to machine shop or would like a cleaner look without using a tap to tap the threads we do offer a bulkhead with 3/16" hose barb to work. Just drill a hole, screw bulkhead together, apply teflon sealer or silicone to threads and screw nipple in. Even comes with rubber washers to seal.

While it may cost a little more than a drill bit, tap, and brass or ss nipple, it is another option available for those scared to tap the nylon.

$25 for the kit.
We will be adding them to the intake as an option preinstalled as well.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:57 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MikeyZ28SS View Post
Besides the block off for the EGR, what other items do I need before installing my lightly ported DLS2 Intake & WARR 92mm TB ?
Left the ports with some ridges, figured they might actually provide a bit of "swirl" in the ports for low end gain, and used 600 grit to really smooth all blended areas. Smooth flow from inside Intake going into the heads.
Can always go back and clean up (flush the walls/seams) ports later - if I port the heads sometime in the future.

Looking forward to the results of the Dyno time like everyone else...
... If anyone is interested, have the TB & Intake for sale in the Parts for Sale section.
Mike
Old 12-23-2018, 03:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyone running on boost reliably? Dls2
Old 12-23-2018, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Randolph Ziskey View Post
I am. Only been 10psi so far tho.
Old 12-29-2018, 04:23 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Randolph Ziskey View Post
They can and will blow apart.
Old 12-29-2018, 09:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DietCoke View Post
They can and will blow apart.
any intake can and will blow apart.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dorman ls2 intake?

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: