Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accuseal Exhaust Clamps - FYI

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 09:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Accuseal Exhaust Clamps - FYI

I wanted to put this out there because I did a lot of research to find something that seems to be sitting right under my nose.

I'm planning to install my new Magnaflow exhaust soon, but I was reluctant to use the supplied saddle clamps because they completely destroy the slip joint. I did some searching and found that the wide band clamps everyone likes have a tendency to wear and leak. After crawling around under my car I fell in love with the heavy duty band clamp that GM puts on the y-pipe to I-pipe joint. I went to the dealer to discover that almost nobody carries them, and they cost almost $20 a piece.

After searching on the internet, I discovered that the OE GM clamp is made by TorcaUAS (torcausa.com), and goes by the Accuseal name. These clamps are included in a lot of OEM cars, OEM replacement exhausts, and Borla exhausts. There are a lot of small places that sell them also. I ordered some from Verocious Motorsports (verociousmotorsports.com) for less than $8 a piece. Stainlessworks also sells these clamps.

I can't wait to get them, and see how they work on the Magnaflow exhaust. I think they will last for a long time, and offer good serviceability.

I hope this helps someone out.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:02 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice. After you get them on let us know how they're working out!
Old 05-25-2006, 11:06 AM
12 Second Club

They are quite common in the heavy trucking industry, you could get them from almost any aftermarket heavy duty parts supplier. They are probably one of the best styles of clamps to use.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Good stuff. Would you have any pictures, by chance?
Old 05-25-2006, 11:51 AM
12 Second Club

Here is a pic,

Old 05-25-2006, 12:42 PM
TECH Addict

Yup, I was just admiring mine a couple nights ago as I hooked up the Y-pipe to the intermediate pipe. Great working little piece.
Old 05-27-2006, 07:45 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stainless Works uses them as well, good clamps. For the collector connection, I had better luck with torx clamps from NAPA. But the accuseal work good everywhere else in the system.
Old 05-27-2006, 08:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Walker MegaClamp is the best clamp I have used.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/463455-exhaust-clamps.html

Quick Reply: Accuseal Exhaust Clamps - FYI