Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bassani BX57003 Y-Pipe with Cats

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 09:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bassani BX57003 Y-Pipe with Cats

Hello, I have a question. I have an 2002 WS6. I am wanting to replace
that Y Pipe with the FLAT pipe on one side. I was looking at the BX57003 Bassani YPipe with Cats, Does anyone have this pipe installed?

Now I DON'T want any "Check Engine Light" coming on from moving the stock cat locations and I definitely want to be emissions friendly. I have to pass the sniffer in my county. Does it have ALL the connections of the factory pipe and is this pipe "plug and play"? or do I have to take it to a shop and have them cut and weld to get it on. Can I put this on im my backyard, and does it come with everything needed?

I also don't have to worry about getting a tune. I do recall reading after you get LT headers that you would need a tune or your car will run rich.
Being that this Y Pipe is freer flowing I don't want to risk having to get a tune.

I want my car completely stock,I just want to replace that ugly factory Y with flat pipe with a better one. Please let me know..Thank You
Old 03-20-2008, 12:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to ls1tech.

That pipe should fit your needs. Bassani makes good quality stuff and since it does not relocate the front o2 sensors, I can't see it causing SES codes to be set.

At the same time, I would not expect much, if any, performance gain.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:04 PM
Banned

I run the Bassani piece without cats and it's top quality. Thunder Racing had the best price on the bassani pipe that i could find.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That Y pipe's gonna gain you nothing in terms of performance or sound. Waste of money. Personally I think Bassani stuff blows as well.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by INMY01TA
That Y pipe's gonna gain you nothing in terms of performance or sound. Waste of money. Personally I think Bassani stuff blows as well.
Reasons why it blow's or is it just an opinion?
Old 03-20-2008, 05:25 PM
On The Tree

I have the 57003 (stainless). The installation instructions say thay it MAY throw a code, but mine didn't. It also says that it won't fit with the stock catback, but mine did with a little realignment.

Yes, it comes with everything you need for install except for new manifold flange gaskets. I did mine in my driveway and the hardest part was getting the stock y out of the catback. (Air tools help)

As far as fit and finish, it's a nice looking piece and the welds are top notch. I say this as a profesional fabricator myself. Fitment did leave some to be desired, but it fits. The only clearance issue I have is at the factory tunnel brace because the outlet is moved inboard about 1 1/2".

The drivers side cat is in the factory location, but the pass. side is moved back to the older location. There's a heat shield for it on the floorpan though so it looks stock. Just reroute the O2 sensor wire as per instructions and it looks like it came from the factory.

Got it from the red TR....>>>
Old 03-20-2008, 07:55 PM
TECH Addict

you'll be fine
Old 03-21-2008, 12:43 AM
Teching In

Thanks so much you guys for your replies.

WS6Addiction, Did you notice any sound quality difference?
Basically I want a better sounding exhaust note with "some"
performance gain, but not enough that it would require me to
get a tune or play with the computer any. I want the bird to
breathe and exhale a little better than stock. I mean is your honest
opinion.. do you think its worth the money being that you have
one on your car.

sidenote:
Loudmouth 1 Catback is going on the car also and some sort
of Cold Air Intake Kit.

Thanks your your input.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:54 PM
On The Tree

I didn't notice any change in tone, but my friend says it sounds a little deeper.
When I first put it on, I didn't get one of the flange bolts tight which gave me a leak in front of the O2 and a noticable LOSS of power. Once I got that sealed up the power came back, but I can't say there was anything noticable over stock.
I got it because I had to replace a bad cat anyway and I wanted my exhaust to be all stainless, so it was worth it to get rid of that piece of rusted crap that was on there. As for performance or sound quality, it's a waste of money. For what you want I'd suggest looking into their true dual X system. It's alot more money, but I think you would be happy with it.