Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Engine Committed Suicide Yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

something like this started to happne to me a couple years ago, took it in right away, think i nipped it in the bud
Old 05-15-2010, 10:50 AM

to be fair tho, were talking a muhc older car than yours so not trying to be patronizing or nothing
Old 05-16-2010, 07:44 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got my Tim's Valve spring compressor in the mail yesterday. I want to say it looks like a nice basic tool and I will be swapping my springs once my other tools get here.

Originally Posted by SOMbitch
The Darts look nice man... should make some good power..... not backing up between .600 and .650 either...
I agree that I think these heads will make some huge power, but for slightly different reasons, but first a little prelude...

I realized the other day when uploading pictures from my camera to my computer that I've had seven different sets of heads for this car:

1. LS6 Castings = Were stolen
2. O ringed 806 solid roller heads = Traded recently + cash for Darts
3. All Pro cathedral ports heads = sold when I lost my old job
4. Katech / TEA ported 806 heads = Sold along with my 408 parts (I really wish I hadn't sold all of this)
5. AFR 205s = Traded + cash for AFR 225s
6. AFR 225s = Traded for L92 short block
7. Current Dart 221cc heads = Keeping!

My goals despiting constantly changing over the period of time has always been considerably better than stock power. It made no sense to me to spend a small fortune in parts only to put a stock engine back in the car. My current goal with the L92 bottom end is a solid 500 rwhp, solid power under the curve, and better drivability than a comparable 346ci engine. With those goals in mind I knew I was going to spend a large amount of money and decided to just start reading about some what similar combos on here. The GEN III internal engine section stickies (this one):
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...-me-first.html

Good one:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ng-thread.html

My information has come from this thread and the dyno section:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...heads-cam.html
Most of which has come from this thread. A lot of threads in the dyno section I believed are slightly skewed with monetary agendas. I like to find independent results or posts from tuners who are simply tuning an assembled package and the results.

With that said... again:

Originally Posted by SOMbitch
The Darts look nice man... should make some good power..... not backing up between .600 and .650 either...
Originally Posted by Patrick G
Head flow:
Contrary to popular belief, when running a plastic intake manifold on an LS1, airflow at .600" is virtually meaningless. There are several reasons why. First, an LS6 intake will start to lop off airflow above 265cfm. A stock FAST 90mm intake seems to lop it off around 275cfm and a ported FAST 90 seems to lop off flow above 280cfm. What all this means is that most all airflow gains above 280cfm will go un-noticed when you bolt a plastic intake up to it. The real trick is to pack in more airflow in the low and mid lifts. If you look at all of the top running heads/cam vehicles, they will all have heads with excellent flow at .300,.400 and .500".

Tony Mamo from Airflow Research and I have discussed this theory at great length and we decided to build a set of heads that maximized the airflow at the low and mid-lifts, even if it meant limiting the airflow up high. This is challenging with a 3.900" bore as too large an intake valve will be shrouded by the chamber wall and cylinder bore. Based on the success he's had with opening up the chamber walls for 4.00" bore motors with the AFR 205s, Tony Mamo opened up the combustion chamber walls of my 205s from 3.900" to 4.000". This gave more space for the 2.02 valves to flow well in the low and mid lifts. But when you open up the chamber, you also lose compression. This means you have to mill more. To get to a 57cc chamber, we had to mill the new 205s close to .060". Most of the time, head flow numbers are posted in unmilled form, but when milled, they will often drop dramatically. Tony Mamo was very conscientious with his valve jobs to make sure the head flow in milled form was outstanding. Here is what my 205s flowed on a 3.900" bore at 28" of H2O:

AFR 205s with 57cc chamber:
Lift.........200", .300", .400", .500", .550", .600"
Intake.....158,.. 220,.. 264,.. 285,.. 296,.. 300
Exhaust.. 122,.. 178,.. 217,.. 232,.. N/A,.. 241 (with pipe)

While there's nothing special about the flow numbers at .600", look at the numbers down low. Most unmilled heads flow in the low 140s at .200", the high 190s or low 200s at .300", and high 240s at .400". Since we're trying to maximize airflow within the flow limits of the plastic intake manifold, a gain of 20 cfm at .300" and .400" will show huge hp gains (over 20 rwhp) whereas a flow gain of 20 cfm at .600" will show virtually no gain. Case in point: I used to have AFR 205s and I swapped to AFR small bore 225s. The 225s flowed 20 cfm better at .550", 22cfm better at .600", and 25 cfm better at .650" than my old 205s. Guess what? We gained virtually 0 hp with the swap. We were even running a .650 lift cam to take advantage of the airflow. Nothing. The moral? Concentrate on getting more airflow within the flow limits of your intake manifold (ie, better flow at low and mid-lifts). Make sure your heads flow big numbers after they're milled.

On a side note, the 205s still retained the standard CNC porting from AFR. No additional material was removed. This meant that the airspeed was very high and throttle response is fantastic. My fuel economy has increased compared to running the AFR 225s.
I do have quite a few advantages over what Patrick G had three years ago in assembling his combo.

Advantages:
- 4.06 bore vs. 3.905 = 30 more cubic inches of bore
- 100mm TB and Lid vs. 90mm TB and MTI Lid
- I'll be running a 3/8ths pushrod vs a 5/16ths, extreme slight more valve spring, planning on running a more aggresive camshaft profile

Similarities:
- 2 Inch Kooks and 3 inch Duals vs. 1 3/4 Headers and custom Y
- Both of us running 3.73 gears and an OEM aluminum driveshaft
- Same intake manifold, rockers, and basic lifter design

Disadvantages:
- Heavy Mcleod dual disk vs. Textralia OZ700 single dish. I hope to be able to purchase an aluminum flywheel to drop around 15 lbs
- I think our heads are similar although his have some little tricks done to them such as hollow intake valves
- Not having Tony Mamo in my corner and years of knowledge

With that said here are Patrick G's flow numbers from his old AFR 205s when milled to 57ccs:

"Here is what my 205s flowed on a 3.900" bore at 28" of H2O:

AFR 205s with 57cc chamber:
Lift.........200", .300", .400", .500", .550", .600"
Intake.....158,.. 220,.. 264,.. 285,.. 296,.. 300
Exhaust.. 122,.. 178,.. 217,.. 232,.. N/A,.. 241 (with pipe)"

Here are my Dart numbers from a 4.00 inch bore, 1-7/8ths exhaust pipe, also flowed at 28'' of H2O:

LIFT....INTAKE...EXHAUST

I did a little head comparison and although it is not indeed apples to apples it does give an idea of the difference. Keep in mind that his were flowed on a 3.900 bore fixture and his heads ended up on a 3.905 engine. My heads were flowed on a 4.00 bore fixture and are going to end up on a 4.06 bore engine. With that in mind my numbers should when flowed on a larger bore fixture pick up a slight amount of flow throughout the whole curve.

LIFT.....Intake Flow Difference.....Exhaust Flow Difference.....
.200.....-13.8.....+1
.300.....-9.5......+0.3
.400.....-5.8......-0.6
.500.....+13.3....-1.7
.550.....+17.7....NA
.600.....+20.......+3.4
.650.....NA........NA

With what Patrick G mentioned about low lift flow numbers it has me slightly concerned:

"Since we're trying to maximize airflow within the flow limits of the plastic intake manifold, a gain of 20 cfm at .300" and .400" will show huge hp gains (over 20 rwhp) whereas a flow gain of 20 cfm at .600" will show virtually no gain."

I think the 100mm TB I plan on running may help in cramming some more air in, but even when ported the intake runners of the manifold can only do so much. I believ that with my extra 30 cubic inches it should be able to make up the difference between the two and my 500rwhp, nice power curve, and better drivability than a similar 346ci engine goals are attainable.

I need to order some tools and take some measurements first before this happens and before that I need to resolve my bank freezing my debit card, but... I do plan on having Patrick G spec me a cam for this and implore his help / knowledge on the matter of what needs to be done to achieve my goals. I'm going to send him a PM and see what he can do to help me out.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:52 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

I finally got my bank and Visa to work together to allow my purchase with Vengeance and SDPC to go through yesterday. I have to say that the fraud protection on my Visa debit card is more of a pain in the *** than it is worth. I can't describe how much of a pain in the *** it is to deal with. Here's the process:

Thursday:
- Mike at Vengeance calls me and tells me my card has been declined.
- Check my bank account and my Speed Inc. purchase went through
- Call the phone number on the back of my Visa, talk to 3 different people, final one assures me it will work, but to call my bank's member services.
- Call bank member services, talk to a girl, tell her the same information as the Visa people, she assures me it will work.
- Call Mike and tell him it should work.
- Mike calls back telling me it got denied. I say to try it in the morning because what my bank and Visa may have done might take time. I don't know.
- Call John at SDPC and tell him my card is being declined and if he could run it in the morning it should work.

Friday:
- Mike calls back in the afternoon while I am at work leaving a message saying that the card is continually getting declined despite what my bank and Visa told me about it working fine.

Saturday:
- I go back to my bank to find that member's services doesn't work on Saturday. One of the girls there was very nice in helping me though in attempting to resolve this. I call Visa once again and talk to two different people. The second person tells me he will manually reset my card, make more mentions of the purchase, and that it should work although the computer may still block it.
- Shoot Mike an email telling him this.

Monday:
- I call Mike when I get out of work, get a weird disconnect, he calls me back, and tells me my card is still getting declined. This is now the third time that I am trying to have to deal with this.
- Go back to my bank and talk to the same girl who helped me last time. She calls member services and tells them that they have to let this transaction go through.
- They give me an extremely short as in less than 24 hour window to work with on getting my transactions to work.
- Call Mike back and tell him it should work.

- Card is finally ******* accepted after 4.5 days and countless conversations with Visa, bank tellers, and member's services.

The largest bullshit thing about this is that this is my debit card. This isn't a credit card where I am acruing charges. This comes straight out of my checking account and are legitimate purchases. I now know the whole process that I need to follow to get my transactions to go through and I must say it is a giant pain in the ***. It is almost not work having to deal with. I may be using my paypal account a lot more from now on. I was hoping to have a lot of these parts by tomorrow aka Wednesday which is my day off so I can go through things and start working on my car, but obviously that isn't going to happen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a brighter note I received my tax return refund check in the mail. I waited until the last minute to file it, but it is finally here, and very nice to have. This will expedite the car parts ordering process hugely.

Also on a brighter note I have to give another to the guys at SDPC! These guys are awesome and a real help in finding parts and helping me out. I have a bunch of random and difficult questions for them in regarding pieces of my car that are missing, need replacement or, swap parts. They have been a great help and really knowledgable. If they don't know the answer to the question they will find out right away for you. If you need anything for your car or help give them a call!

I called kind of last minute around 4pm today to order some more parts and ask questions. We managed to get a few of my questions worked out and I ordered the aluminum flywheel for my McLeod RST twin disk that I had been salivating over. I was originally planning on running one, but conceded to budget issues of just having my stock flywheel resurfaced. I guess it is fate, but for some odd reason when I got paid on Friday my paycheck was about $275 more than it was supposed to be. YES! I calculate them a week before I get them and can accurately figure them to within $10. This one wasn't even close to my estimate (which was accurate by the way).

I also want to thank a member on here: brianfromhawaii who has been the direct link to my finding all of the information on here in regards to repinning my PCM. I managed to find all of the wiring pinouts, the information involved, and saved it to my computer in a Word Document. I was going to try and start on the process tomorrow although I decided to wait until I can get a BCM in the car with the proper VATs setup so I can make sure that my work is being done properly. From there once the car has electricity:

Wiring Car
Will be done (1) Repin Harness and buy properly functioning BCM
(2) Order gauges, passenger side window motor rewire for full voltage kit, Wideband O2 sensor, and blue interior bulb pieces
(3) Order Ebony dashboard, dash pad, t top a pillars, center console with shift boot, ebony door panels, CF inlays, and all the related fasteners

Installing Rear End and Fuel Pump Assembly
(1) Order 2x 255lph fuel pumps and wiring setup (relocated battery in mind) from Speedtweekerz
(2) Install fuel pumps and gears
(3) Buy LCA and APHR materials from Spohn and other stores
(4) Buy massive amounts of POR15 to paint rear end, LCAs, and APHR

I'll be keeping things updated as work and parts continue to come in.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

It's been quite a journey for you.... Looking forward to you getting this bad boy on the road!!!!!
Old 05-18-2010, 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't feel like reading this whole thread, but your original post was in June of 2007. Has this thing been off the road for almost 3 years? If so, damn, what a long rebuild.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:33 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

^ You have no idea how excited I am. I am sure that I won't meet my three year time limit goal of June 3rd, but at least I am getting some where versus just having the car sit at my friend's shop being covered with pollen, leaves, and insects.

I have all day tomorrow off from work. I think my FAST 90 / PTM 90 should come in tomorrow and I hope my 2 inch kooks and new laptop come in also. I'll also be trying to order a bunch of things now that I received my income tax refund. I'll let you guys know how much of this I can actually order tomorrow.

This is also my 8,000th post exactly. In the nearly 3 years from the time I started this thread my knowledge has massively increased. I only hope my knowledge continues to grow as it has.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:34 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Originally Posted by X-ray
I don't feel like reading this whole thread, but your original post was in June of 2007. Has this thing been off the road for almost 3 years? If so, damn, what a long rebuild.
Yes, it has. It has been a really long time. I've gone through a lot including moving, changing jobs, being unemployed, many girlfriends, etc... , but the car has been pretty steady. It just sits there. , but I hope to rectify that soon.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Its going to be awesome when you turn it on.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:20 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

^ My friend has a video camera. The first start will be open headers for pure enjoyement purposes.

I managed to get a decent amount of things ordered / done today even though I wanted to sleep in. First off my Fast 90mm intake and PTM 90mm throttle body came in the mail today. I will get some pictures of it up tomorrow for everyone's viewing pleasure. I also called around to 4 different places, sent a few emails out today, and managed to order quite a few things.

Speedtweekerz is running a special on dual in tank walbro setups right now and I decided to order them. It includes the y fitting, submersible hoses, wiring, and clamps for $215.99 shipped:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-g...kits-sale.html
I talked to Jeff on the phone and he helped me out with how I plan on running the second pump to come on with the dry NOS5177 kit turns on. They are also setup to take paypal so I didn't have to go through another giant debacle with my debit card denying purchases.

Parts Ordered:
- 2x Walbro 255lph in tank setup

I then was on the hunt for some 3/4 tapped aluminum tubing to make my own LCAs and APHR. I used to be able to find it on Coleman racing's site, but since they switched it around I haven't been able to find it. I was just searching on google and RacePartsUSA came up. I managed to find they have really good prices on 3/4 tapped aluminum tubing that already comes black anodized. I was originally looking for 1 inch OD round tubing, but ended up going with 1 and 1/8th OD hex tubing. They had the 16 inch pieces that I need for the LCAs listed on their site, but they didn't have a 39.5 inch piece listed. I gave them a call and the guy on there was really helpful in saying that he will have one made for me. I told him about my debit card issues and he told me he would talk to his guy making the tubing, get a shipped total, and give me a call back so I can take care of things on my end with my debit card.
Parts That Will be Ordered:
- 2x 16 inch 3/4-16 tapped aluminum hex tubes
- 1x 39.5 inch 3/4-16 tapped aluminum hex tube

After getting that squared away I gave Spohn a call to order the rest of the pieces that I will be needing to assemble my LCAs and PHR. I talked to a nice girl there who answered all of my questions and helped me put in my order. They are also setup to take paypal so again no debit card issues. Mega
Parts Ordered:
- 2x LCA del spheres LH thread
- 2x LCA del spheres RH thread
- 1x PHR del sphere LH thread
- 1x PHR del sphere RH thread
- New LCA and PHR fasteners
- Del sphere assembly tool

From there I went searching for an autotrix passenger side window rewire kit. I found that WS6store had them for a good price and placed an order through them on their site. I remembered many moons ago that I had ordered my German Castrol oil through them when my car ran and I did my first oil change. I logged into their site and sure enough on 4/16/07 I placed my last order. I found that slightly amusing.
Parts Ordered
- Autotrix passenger side window motor rewire kit

I recently found through the LS3 conversion thread in the Gen IV internal engine section that Racetronix now makes a knock sensor relocation harness that allows you to use the OEM LS2 style smaller knock sensors. I didn't think much of it first, but then it hit me that if you use those knock sensors you don't have to tap the block for the larger sensors! You can't order them yet on their site, but I sent them an email and hopefully they'll get back to me soon.

I was thinking about my fueling after ordering the fuel pumps and did some quick calculations. It ends up that my old 42 lb / hr Ford green tops are going to be inadequate in fueling my new engine on nitrous. With the dry kit on, safe duty cylce, etc... I need around a 57 lb / hr injector. I found a really nice set on FIC injector's site, but unfortunately they are out of stock. I sent them a PM on here and hopefully he'll respond saying that they have them in stock and would be more than happy to sell me a set (wishful thinking).

In a rush, but this is the consolidated version of todays events. I'll update again tomorrow.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:29 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

While I was typing out my response for today I noticed that the tags associated with my thread are: clunk, engine, enginge, formula, hit, mtm, puddle, reason, rod, smithton, stall, tetris, throw, worth. Tetris, really?

I came home from work today to find a box on my balcony from Vengeance Racing. I was kind of expecting this to be one of the first boxes that would come in because distance wise they aren't that far away. I carried it inside, tore into it, and found all of the goodies I ordered.
- NOS5177 front half, purge, and wiring
- OEM LS1 Fuel Rail
- RevXtreme 100mm cable driven throttle body.

I snapped some pictures of these parts along with my Fast 90, PTM 90mm TB that I received yesterday, and a couple comparison shots of the TBs.

Fast 90 Intake / PTM 90mm TB:

Vengeance Goodies Box:

You can't see most of it, but it took me a while to untangle this wiring jumble.

Here's a few shots of the throttle bodies for comparison. The PTM 90mm is on the left and the RevXtreme 100mm is on the right:

Here is the PTM 90mm TB on the FAST intake manifold to show basic fitment:

Here is the RevXtreme, 100mm TB on there roughly:

Ron at Vengeance Racing posted a thread a while ago on what it took to mount the 100mm TB to a FAST Intake manifold. That's going to be my guide for doing the TB throat work and blending. I'm going to try and give them a call sometime soon to order some new gaskets for this thing too.

After I played around with all of my new parts I decided to try and get somethings ordered before 5pm where most places close down. Last night I did some fueling calculations and figured that my 42 lb / hr Ford green top injectors were going to be inadequate for my fueling goals. I found a set of Bosch 4 style 60 lb / hr injectors for a good price, but they were out of stock. I sent Jon at FIC injectors a PM asking him if they were indeed out of stock of if it just hadn't been changed back. He sent me a reply about an hour later saying that they have them back in stock.

With that in mind I wanted to go over a couple things before ordering them so I gave them a call and I am glad that I did. Jon told me with these being a brand new injector the information on the offset and dead times aren't really out there. We collectively decided on a set of flow match Siemens Deka 60lb / hr EV1 injectors. They only cost a little more, don't require injector adapter harnesses, all of the information on the injector's performance are readily available, they're a drop in replacement, and will provide me with some future growing space. They actually flow right around 78 lbs / hr of fuel at 58psi. FIC is also in the awesome group of businesses that uses paypal so I don't have to deal with my debit card constantly declining. He sent me a paypal bill and I sent him the money right away. Jon at FIC gets a big

With it closing in on 5pm really quickly I decided to give SDPC another call. I found that my transaction finally went through on my checking account, but it was less than what I had originally expected it to be. Sure enough we went through the list of everything on there and it was all listed. I can't complain about that. I'll just have to spend the money on other parts which I am sure I won't have an issue with.

Tim is also working on figuring out a few other things for me so I can order some odd missing parts that I am dealing with. The one thing holding me back from starting to work on my car is the lack of a proper BCM. I simply no longer have one in the car. I want to buy a new one with the proper VATs values so I won't have to have new keys cut. I just had two sets cut not too long ago after someone broke into my friend's old shop and stole all of the keys. I didn't my key money to go to waste, not have VATs, or have to pay for a starter tune where I get the VATs codes turned off.

Beyond that I am just waiting for parts to show up, searching for more parts, and reading as much as I can about the things that I'll be doing. I already received shipping confirmation, tracking numbers from Spohn and WS6Store for the items I bought yesterday. I got another update from Brian at BLS about him being able to ship the HID setup pretty soon too. I'm still waiting on a couple items from members; headers and new laptop. I am also on the hunt for some specific items that I will be buying through the parts for sale section.

- Ebony dashboard, pad, center console, door panels, t top a pillar covers, blue interior bulb parts, and one other thing. I'll keep searching on here, but if anyone has these items for a good price let me know and we might be able to work something out.

Once I can get a the proper BCM, battery relocation kit, gauges, and interior panels I can pretty much do everything I need to do to the car short of assembling the engine and installing it. The car will once again have power, new interior panels, new gears, suspension parts, fuel pumps, and gauges all installed. I will be putting together another items for sale thread shortly once I get the tools I ordered from Speed Inc. I just need to be able to pull and install a new set of valve springs on my Dart heads. I'll see what else shows up tomorrow.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:38 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Yesterday = 5-21-10

I gave John at SDPC another call to order a couple more things and ask some questions. He's been by far the largest help in general, tracking down parts for me, and answering all of my specific questions. I sent Tim at SDPC an email with some questions that he forwarded to John. John answered the easier ones and is figuring out a couple of the more complicated ones, but in the mean time he's starting to collect parts for my next order. Here's what will be in the next shipment of parts from SDPC:

Next Shipment:
- Ram Aluminum Flywheel
- Proper VIN matching BCM
- New oil level sending unit
- Timing chain damper
- Hopefully, the missing bolt from my front cover, cam sensor, bracket, and wiring

I am really excited about getting the proper BCM back in my car. It is the one thing that is stopping me from starting to work on the car. I can't exactly test out my new wiring if I have no power for the car. Once the BCM comes in it is time to start repinning the harness, wiring gauges, fuel pumps, and nitrous components. Then, installing the new gears, LCAs, APHR, and finally assembling the engine. It seems so easy listing it out, but I already know it won't be and I am going to have a bafuckingzillion questions.

Today = 5-22-10

I got home from work around 3:30pm and didn't have any boxes sitting at the house. I was thinking that I wasn't going to get anything today, but right around 5:30ish the FedEx guy showed up as I was fixing my stairs with a large box. I told him to be prepared because there is going to be a lot of them coming soon.

I looked at the label and saw it was from SDPC. I obviously knew it was going to be my random fasteners and clutch components. Of course:

and...

I didn't know the RST Street twin came with it's own alignment tool or I wouldn't have bought one. Oh well, at least it was only around $6. The directions for installing this thing are all on one page and consist of about 6 steps if I remember correctly. I already know I am going to have questions about getting this thing setup correctly.

I am still waiting on parts and I should have a lot of things show up on Monday. I know the stuff from Spohn and WS6Store should show up then. I hope some of the stuff from Speed Inc does as well. I am still waiting on a couple things from members also. One sent me a PM and apologized for the delay. The other I need to get in contact with if nothing shows up on Monday.

In the mean time I am just doing as much reading on subjects pertinent to me reassembling my car and searching for parts in the for sale section.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:17 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

I was expecting to receive quite a few boxes of parts today and I was not dissapointed. Most of my parts from Speed Inc came in today, along with my injectors from FIC, and del sphere components from Spohn. It has become a habit for me to get up, open the door, and look down the steps to see if anything has arrived. Today, I found 3 large boxes down there. The UPS guy has given up on carrying them up the steps and I don't blame him because one of the boxes was 63 lbs.

Speed Inc. Parts:

ARP wheel studs, header studs, balancer bolt, and rod bolts

Valve spring micrometer, checker springs, pushrod length checker, and blue raptor shift light.

Motive 3.73 gears, install kit, TA rear cover, poly torque arm, and trans mounts.

Chrome dipstick, melling oil pump, LS2 timing chain, and LS7 lifters

Moroso battery relocation kit

Redline gear oil and posi additive

-------------------------------

I knew what was going to be in the Spohn box and have to give them a for quick shipping, extremely nice packaging, and including an invoice with the order. I've been dealing with a lot of shredded paper lately that has been driving me insane trying to pick it out of my carpet and the whole paper was a nice change.

Here are all of the new del spheres, their tool, and suspension bolts I ordered

Close up of a panhard rod del sphere

I wasn't expecting to get my new injectors already, but when I walked over to my parent's house sure enough they were there. Jon shipped them in one of the small USPS priority mail boxes and FIC is decently close so I ended up getting them way before I expected to. I cut the box open and found my new Siemens Deka 60lb / hr flow matched injectors. They all came labeled with a corresponding flow sheet:

I went through the Speed Inc. boxes and noticed that a few items weren't in there. I figured one of them was being drop shipped, but wasn't sure about the rest. I gave Speed Inc. a call and they informed me like I thought that they were waiting on certain items that were on backorder. I should have the rest of everything by the end of this or beginning of next week.

Items still on their way:
- Engine stand
- Poly motor mounts
- Poly sway bar end links
- Lingenfelter conversion box

I had a feeling the same thing was going on with my Tick master cylinder that I ordered from SDPC. I gave John there another ring and he told me that they had been waiting on them to come in, and that he had shipped it out either on Thursday or Friday. I should have that sometime soon. I asked him if he could go ahead and ship the BCM that I had ordered so I could start working on repinning my harness and rewiring my car. He said it would be no problem. John has been a huge help so far and I can't thank him enough with dealing with all of my questions.

Items still on their way:
- Tick adjustable master cylinder
- Ram aluminum flywheel
- New BCM (I am majorly excited about this piece)

Pretty much right after I hung up the phone with John at SDPC I received an Email from Brian at BLS stating that my HID kit had shipped and included a tracking number. I've got to say that this should all work out pretty well on the timing of things. I should have my BLS kit and new BCM right around the same time. With those I can start working on:

Repinning the engine harness for 99+ PCM
Installing new BCM for power
Installing BLS HID setup
Relocating the battery to the rear of the car
Wiring 2x 255lph fuel pumps

I still need to order my gauges, gauge mounting solution, new dashboard, pad, a pillars, center console, and door panels. Once all of that is ordered and here I can have the interior parts swapped and everything wired properly.

About an hour after Brian at BLS sent me an email Patrick G sent me a reply to my PM about helping me with my engine combination. We've been bouncing back and forth PMs so far and everything he's told me has been a huge help. I don't plan on leaving any variable left untouched on this engine build as I don't want to have anything go wrong after spending this much time, money, and effort.

I'm still waiting on a couple things from members too, but I expect they should be here rather soon. I am also in the process of posting a new items for sale thread. I have a lot of parts that I purchased a while ago for this build that either won't work with what I have or are being replaced with newer parts. I will post a link to that once I can get it finished.

I also really want to thank everyone that I've dealt with so far for being a real help. I've torn many cars apart, but this is my first time putting something back together and I have a ton of questions. John at SDPC, Mike and Ron at Vengeance, the guys at Speed Inc, Brian at BLS, Jon at FIC, Jeff at Speedtweekerz, the lady I talked to at Spohn, Patrick G, and quite a few members on here I wouldn't be able to do this without your help.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:02 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This epicness made its way to the top again!
Old 05-25-2010, 12:38 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
This epicness made its way to the top again!
Haha, indeed it has returned. This time though it will finally go back together after all of this time. I hope to have a complete running car realistically in a few months. I just have to do a little better job working within my budget, but don't we all?
Old 05-25-2010, 12:57 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Atleast you have a car!
Old 05-25-2010, 06:22 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
Atleast you have a car!
That is a very good point and one of which I am particuarly grateful for. Although on the other hand I technically own 4 and only one works. One is a parts car I need to have towed away soon and my 93 is so far beyond gone that it'll be 5 years before it runs. I'll post some pictures of that later tonight for humor purposes. This car will go back together and then I can fix somethings on my 95 / DD.

I started my day by searching for parts once again and found a single massive box at my parent's house. I carried it back to my place and found my 2 inch kooks headers. I'm glad they finally came in today. I wasn't in any big hurry, but kind of worried until the member I got them from sent me a PM towards the end of last week. Here they are:

Other than the dirtiness they look good. There is only one light little scrape and zero dings in them. Is there anything I can use to bring a little of the stainless luster back to them?

I hadn't heard back from the guys at RacepartsUSA so I gave them a ring. I talked to the same guy as I did last time and he told me that they'll be getting the tubing in Thursday or Friday from their guy who makes them. I am pretty excited about those though. They should be very light, more than strong enough, and look good black anodized.

I went to get a haircut and when I came home I found a package from Fedex. I opened it up and found my autotrix passenger side window motor wiring fix.

I have to work overnight tonight from 11pm until 7am so I am going to try and get a lot done tonight. I will post my new items for sale thread and put a link to it in here along with a couple amusing pictures.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:28 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks man. I hope we got most of it figured out for yah.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:51 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like how this thread has played out, nice job man.

Looks like your making progress with everything and I rofl'd at the engine on a skateboard.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:16 PM
TECH Addict

Holy **** I can't believe this thread is still going on - I just put in a McLeod RST so if you have any questions on install just ask. It was pretty simple.

Quick Reply: My Engine Committed Suicide Yesterday