Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need longer coil wires

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 11:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need longer coil wires

Going from ls2, to Mast performance ls7 cldr heads, using 2" tall valve covers, ls2 coil wires 9.5" long, tip to tip, too short, need at least 10.5" long, prefer racing, what coil wire?
Old 09-28-2011, 04:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The truck wires are almost two inches longer than car wires. You can also make your own wires, cut to fit. Order the coil ends for an LT1 and the wires that you want, then just cut and fit the wires.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:43 PM
FormerVendor

PM me tomorrow. We have performance wires that will work and will be offering a promotion to LS1TECH members.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Magnecore will make you custom length race wires. That's what I run. They have a telephone number on their web page to order custom lenght wires directly.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Wires

Originally Posted by WeaponX_Perf
PM me tomorrow. We have performance wires that will work and will be offering a promotion to LS1TECH members.
Pm send..
Old 09-28-2011, 11:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Good wires..

Originally Posted by GTO1_OHIO
Magnecore will make you custom length race wires. That's what I run. They have a telephone number on their web page to order custom lenght wires directly.
Good choice, is what i been running but, now short, can't use them, called Magnacor and Steve asked $169. for a custom length set.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Truck lenght is rite..

Originally Posted by LS1MCSS
The truck wires are almost two inches longer than car wires. You can also make your own wires, cut to fit. Order the coil ends for an LT1 and the wires that you want, then just cut and fit the wires.
Thanks for the tip, i found out will fit just fine, else there's better choices going with the one's ready made, and the price is so close why bother....
Old 09-29-2011, 08:54 AM
FormerVendor

PM'd ready made wires 12" in length. Normal price is $109.99, we are offering a promotion for the wires to LS1TECH members and we can also provide the kit components for you to fabricate your own wires to the length you desire.

We also have a wire / iridium or NGK plug combo, just PM me.

Last edited by WeaponX_Perf; 10-05-2011 at 08:46 AM.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WeaponX_Perf
PM'd ready made wires 12" in length. Normal price is $109.99, we are offering a promotion for the wires to LS1TECH members for $39.99. We can also provide the kit components for you to fabricate your own wires to the length you desire.

We also have a wire / iridium or NGK plug combo for $59.99
Cool Mark, thanks, can you post some pix?
Old 09-29-2011, 10:05 AM
FormerVendor

Glad to help.... here is some info and pics.

8.8mm PowerCORE Ignition Wires
These are an 8.8mm spiral wound design with some new tricks. First we use a copper nickel plated conductor to prevent connection oxidization to prevent ignition wire resistances from increasing over time. We also include a protective / conductive film over the conductor to further prevent this issue. The new trick we have is the magnetic permiable core and film. This keeps the magnetic energy in the wire and prevents hysterisis energy losses. We call this CORE tech which directs the magnetic / electrical energy normally lost and sends it back to the spark gap when engine demands are made. Resistances are typically 150ohms per foot or less and is made that way for a reason, to be compatible with zero ohm NGK or WeaponX zero ohm spark plugs.

We have beat ourselves up on the zero resistance plug wire but during testing the combination of zero resistance plug wire and zero ohm spark plug did not fare well in regards to interference energy produced. You can use your own knowledge in the matter based on feedback elsewhere to see if there is merit.

The goal was to reduce circuit resistance as much as possible without introducing excessive interferences. We found that the combination of zero ohm spark plug (either the NGK copper zero ohm we supply or the WeaponX ExtremeX spark plugs) and our 150ohm wire yielded the best overall power output, lowest circuit resistance and lowest interference values. In testing with a zero resistance plug / wire setup we actually lost power due to excessive interference at WOT.

The also include high temp boots which are stock in style so that the OE heat shields can be utilized.
Attached Thumbnails Need longer coil wires-lstower_efx.png   Need longer coil wires-iws2001.jpg   Need longer coil wires-powercore-wire.png  
Old 09-29-2011, 07:15 PM
Staging Lane

Do they come in any other colors?
Old 09-30-2011, 06:07 AM
FormerVendor

Currently yellow is the only option. If you are uncertain about the color combination on your vehicle you can try them out since we garantee you will love them or your money back.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default wires & plugs

After talking with Marck on the phone, and picking his brains a lil, i order a set of wires & spark plugs deal he has going. I made my decision based on what he knows, Mark has his own dyno and tests his products to see how and what works, and he didn't mind shearing his findings, plus who do you find that can tell you based on your combination wish is the correct head range to go with? Should you use resistor or non resistor, whats the best combination, well, during testing he found out wish wires made the must power, and how much resistance is best, and with a money back warranty, if not completely satisfied, what gives. I will like to thank all who contribute to this thread, wish else makes this forum so rich and informative for everyone benefit, David.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

I like what I hear, but, what about us running long tube headers or even worse BIG long tubes like 1 7/8 or 2 inch primaries. I'm concerned about the boot not being bendable and getting burned.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
I like what I hear, but, what about us running long tube headers or even worse BIG long tubes like 1 7/8 or 2 inch primaries. I'm concerned about the boot not being bendable and getting burned.
I'll get mine Tuesday, will let you know about that, i do have 1 7/8 primaries long tubes, Cooks headers.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:07 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by CAMSTER
After talking with Marck on the phone, and picking his brains a lil, i order a set of wires & spark plugs deal he has going. I made my decision based on what he knows, Mark has his own dyno and tests his products to see how and what works, and he didn't mind shearing his findings, plus who do you find that can tell you based on your combination wish is the correct head range to go with? Should you use resistor or non resistor, whats the best combination, well, during testing he found out wish wires made the must power, and how much resistance is best, and with a money back warranty, if not completely satisfied, what gives. I will like to thank all who contribute to this thread, wish else makes this forum so rich and informative for everyone benefit, David.
I'm glad to help out and it was a pleasure speaking with you.
I can pretty much garantee there isn't a combined plug / wire package as well thought out as ours, you will love them.

Also, in retrospect, I should actually get into some detailed information about the engineering behind the wires and post a thread about it. I will post something this week and let you know so that you can see some of the subtle differences between our wires and competitor stuff.

BTW I don't think you will have an issue with the boots but if you happen to have an issue with the size of the boot hitting the header just let us know. We have no problems substituting boots in a wire kit to accommodate our customers requirements... however... we have noticed that bigger the boot the better for more insulation value, especially with higher CR engine. This is because we have seen spark flashover to the flange of aftermarket headers during high load events when testing competitor wires using a thin / slender boot.

If you need them we have thinner straight boots..
http://www.weaponxperformance.com/ca...roducts_id=304
45's
http://www.weaponxperformance.com/ca...roducts_id=305
etc..

BTW... PM me a link to your buildup!

Regards,
Mark

Last edited by WeaponX_Perf; 10-02-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default build link

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...t-pix-now.html
Old 10-03-2011, 08:59 AM
FormerVendor

Nice setup! We definitely chose the right plugs for that setup, I wouldn't have gone any hotter. Can't wait to see the results!

BTW I am posting some technical info on the plugs / wires here. If you interested in knowing more of the engineering behind them take a peek. I will be posting as the days progress so that anybody interested doesn't have pages and pages of information to read in one shot and can ask questions.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/advanced-...l#post15462385

Quick Reply: Need longer coil wires