Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

EMC similar format with *New info & products*

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2019, 08:54 PM
Banned

Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts

I've forgot and did more with 2 things than any post or thread you've done since you been btw. Enjoy your evening....
Old 09-24-2019, 11:08 PM
Banned

Little bad news dependant on how you look @ it...Zach said it would cost me the cost of another block or just a typical re sleeve...The hell with it. I've got his money so that's not a issue and he works with me (came in parts loaded) I just want to get to the Dyno with FED heads and SV. So on to another thought that needs addressing, i've got Rowdy and he has said I'm glad it didn't work out ...with that lsx shi.......So I'll deal with him for something to do .... Pistons are wanted 13 isn't enough. ..and valve springs. $1400 package. Hard ...but Fair,! PM'ed ER on intake choice and his thoughts. He's been winning with the Holley and dual 4500's Back 2 Back & his thoughts on the CID....Which 1 Eric and i do run injectors .. Here's Something your not a Heads Guy U missed...Look at the rules for the REC....it says the Maximum runner height is to be No more than 2inches.v✓✓✓✓✓✓ from the deck to the bottom of the runners... Stay with me Now I've got Gospel....what starts as a Ls3. Now think about it if you raise the runners Bottoms up to a Max of 2 inches what do u have ...... basically a ls7 from Liberty castings with 11 Degrees from a ls3 head that flowed 400+ with a 3.9 bore. Whoa! Thought about it earlier. Eric did have a 400cfm ls7 head on a .060 over lq4 with a stroke of 4.185. i study and kinda Remember! Previous EMC engine!

All is well in Wallingford,CT. Met a guy, who knows a guy ,who knows a guy......etc. Find it here also. Made a friend 4 life... xbox1 2.

Uncle Jim ordered the W/P .... I'm gonna go to Knapp's Chevy and get the coils...ole friend (used to be parts Manager) now runs a dealership. I know the parts staff that's still there.

A call about specific Carrillo dome top pistons ....I already know Which one and have talked to them ... going 2 make sure of s few things as there Ls3 pistons & solid dome tops (being used for a Ls7) I've got my free drop for Rowdy somewhere and the cam specs # @ .200 to Know how much I should and could Cut the dome with the Cam Motion cam..830 lift. Cam and rockers R a $2k package. Break it down to sizeable eating portions.

Last edited by Smokey B; 09-24-2019 at 11:24 PM.
Old 09-26-2019, 04:20 PM
Banned

Conversation on heads 4 a 500ci erl. Same young man with lifter questions.

https://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/s...7#post71486497

1 head considered in it's own league...from a name all Know. Something to pass time ....headed South good bye NJ,NY and Connecticut
Old 09-26-2019, 08:56 PM
Banned

I got time....was up other wk on 2k20 late night 3:30 am or so. After gaming I go to sleep watching CNN no matter where I'm at with a good night's smoke.

Eyes closed but hear this...

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/09/18/pol...acebook.com%2F
Old 09-26-2019, 09:06 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,508 Likes on 2,162 Posts

Originally Posted by Smokey B
I got time....was up other wk on 2k20 late night 3:30 am or so. After gaming I go to sleep watching CNN no matter where I'm at with a good night's smoke.

Eyes closed but hear this...

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/09/18/pol...acebook.com%2F
Lol...fake news CNN bro.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:23 PM
Banned

US Navy doesn't have time for BS...btw to make America great again we need to get the Dumbest MF'er Ever in office out. The Creator of Fake news 10k + lies told while in office. Best lie told and can be seen...he had more people at his swearing in than Obama. Either blind or knows that his BS followers believe the BS. They eat all his BS lies. If the N had done half what this ***** has done the N would be Hanged.

LMAO and I'm a N.

Last edited by Smokey B; 09-26-2019 at 09:31 PM.
Old 09-27-2019, 07:07 AM
KCS

Received 314 Likes on 212 Posts

Lets not discuss politics. That will get this thread locked real quick.
The following 2 users liked this post by KCS:
Che70velle (09-27-2019), rkupon1 (09-28-2019)
Old 09-27-2019, 10:43 AM
Banned

Sorry....15 hrs 2 days rolling with my work family...

I got you!
Well honestly don't have any major purchases needed for the Ls3 top end. Stud girdle needed .....need to call them..Oh yeah it's Sunday. Joe and Jomar Monday. I texted ole ER about why he has used the Holley with dual 4500's on both occasions when winning the REC and not the CiD intake it makes good hp. Got a basic answer

CID is the best Single 4 OTB intake but ...takes a Work week to port. A lot of damn Work better said
A tunnel ram style intake will almost always be better. Better distribution and straighter runners. The important thing is putting the correct amount of taper and runner length in the intake tract. I'll leave it at that...but question of hp and Dyno numbers was answered...vs one another.
I honestly didn't want a CID intake Luv the small bandwagon. Was gonna get the CID just because of what's been seen and said. High Ram was always my personal favorite. Damn ugly as standard tops was my only hang up. The non EFI Ls7 base so I can place the injectors where I want. Welding injector bungs cost a bit but I'm cool with it. Plan is to finish this Ls3 crap and get Rowdy top end stuff and have Eric set it up (trending thought). Custom stuff I'd have done like bungs & 4500 top would be done before being sent...Zach does have a CNC machine to cut the bungs and I know of a 4500 top (pro filer single 4500 Pent Iid top $275.oo ... kinda had been thought of this intake idea...but scrapped it because of all the CID results. Eric has me back to my Original idea and thought. Place the injectors at the runner entrance or as high up as Humanly possible. Carb effect with injectors for each runner. NO fuel distribution issue. 4500 Pent lid is a must have! $275 bucks & I know a welder.
Think I may start this with a 200 dollar lay away plan. Ls7 lower base cost is only $500.
Uncle Jim.....

Something cheap I can afford to get and not tie up money to finish the Ls3 combination. I'm wanting to see where 260/274 @ .050 with 730 lift places a 408 with around 13.1 or 2 compression. 113+4 LSA.
More compression with e85 is really wanted, wanting to address this with Rowdy. Don't stop now you had the damn heads made. ...ok. push the limit of what can be defined as street. In deep and not gonna Drown.

Old 09-27-2019, 02:22 PM
Banned

Was told ... Paco it's Friday not Sunday, in Spanish mind u. I understand the Language. Called Jomar and Spoke with Johnny not Joe. But Lil John* had spoken with them yrs ago about a ls3 stud girdle. There still in the same place when he called on getting 1 made.. nowhere. I sent photos with thread links. Someone may say Kurt Urban has a girdle @ 400 bucks..could make one cheaper. Sent ER a message asking which girdle did he use or if he made his own. Last major thing I needed to get done. Everything else is small typical OTB stuff, pushrods and what not.
Zach and Shawn say the rocker arm setup is good...with the larger stud as is. I'm doing a replica of....so a girdle is wanted. I'll know shortly. I Don't mind having something made part of a cheap man's budget and thinking outside of the box. but $399.oo for a Kurt Urban girdle, they said it works good as is without a girdle.

Post #47 and photo
https://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/s...1250106&page=4

Last edited by Smokey B; 09-27-2019 at 02:30 PM.
Old 09-27-2019, 06:07 PM
Banned

COMP Cams Undrilled Stud Girdle Bar 17.5" End to End

Make my own... Cost is under $170.oo
Old 09-27-2019, 08:05 PM
9 Second Club

Received 83 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Smokey B
US Navy doesn't have time for BS...btw to make America great again we need to get the Dumbest MF'er Ever in office out. The Creator of Fake news 10k + lies told while in office. Best lie told and can be seen...he had more people at his swearing in than Obama. Either blind or knows that his BS followers believe the BS. They eat all his BS lies. If the N had done half what this ***** has done the N would be Hanged.

LMAO and I'm a N.
Uhg you were finally starting to grow on me Smokey and then you posted this. Oh well......LOL
The following users liked this post:
rkupon1 (09-28-2019)
Old 09-28-2019, 11:55 AM
Banned

Oh well. LLC says it all. I'd rather try something new than to get a follower. Your probably gonna follow anyways, I make and do...with real talk .. Again LLC. I have a growing # of LLC members. Real people who speak there minds with Facts & paperwork. All colors & many states... Anything other than that is BS.
​​​
I found the girdle on the interweb while riding. ER PM'ed me back saying he made them. Didn't say which blanks he used but, I'm 100% sure these are the ones used. PM'ed E with the blank girdles seen. Last major Custom thing I needed to do with the Ls3 top end.

Wanting and waiting for next Saturday and me being Home. I can see the fruits of me labor.
Old 09-28-2019, 12:13 PM
Banned

Something 2 read or think about, EFI vs Carb testing from a REC contestant.

Here the EFI was down on tq through the whole range,, it did catch up as the peak hp was the same.

Pretty difficult for it to cool the intake prior to a pull like a carb...once the intake is heat soaked on the EFI, it's game over on comparing it
Another reason in wanting the injectors as high as humanly possible. Same effect at the local drag strip also...

Waiting on my fish dinner and sides in the ATL. Lurking around on the interweb. Seén this.
Old 10-02-2019, 10:55 AM
Banned

Guy did say EMC...who ever he was...
No live feed but up to date results. Hope my little buddy wins with SamTech as a student in the Lsx class. (Thursdays the big day for the LS class.) I'll be 2 for 2 if so, Eric and the REC is the other.
BTW Eric hit me back and all is good on the girdle. Zach said he'd get Shawn to do it along with milling. Glad all the engine challenges will be over with and Shawn can fit me in.

https://m.facebook.com/jepistons/

Darn phone > cut and paste from my Speedtalk post.... I cut too much

Last edited by Smokey B; 10-02-2019 at 11:35 AM.
Old 10-04-2019, 06:49 AM
Banned

2 for 2..... Student and friend with SamTech wins the Lsx shoot out in the EMC. Cam specs on duration is realitively short considering... Figure I'll see him at the shop now that I'm home, comes by & helps.... assembly? Told Zach he need a head porter in house. But don't think the young man's about that. Third from the right top row.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...8957&source=49

Last edited by Smokey B; 10-04-2019 at 06:54 AM.
Old 10-15-2019, 09:08 AM
Banned

Got the chance to look over CID gen5 LT1 heads. Measurements on pretty much everything: as cast, after Shawn's port work, & CNC program port. I've gotten in touch with a few good guys with questions about how good the layout is and if eliminating the DI could or would be beneficial for the typical EFI set-up. Bob @ Cam Motion has done It cams for a Ls so someone has did a Lt head on a Ls block.

All I can say is .....the bottom of the runner to the deck is nearly X2 of that of a Ls7. Shrink the port to help with velocity. Line of sight to the back of the valve is On par with high end $5k heads. Chamber's need a update for fuel injection but, other than that looks decent. Oh yeah the mess up hook to the left exhaust port.
Old 10-15-2019, 10:37 AM
Banned

Me
What do you think of the gen V LT heads .....raised runner for NA? Was looking at a pair of CID LT 4 heads as cast. Shawn @ Sam must have did 1 runner for a CNC program.

How Would you consider the LT4 head vs the Ls7 head in a porters stand point.
Kinda like the runner placement.
ER Racing..Eric
With a stock casting, I prefer the LS7. I don't like the chambers or the exhaust side of the head on the LT. Every set that I've ported I have had to weld up in the bowl area because they have terrible core shift and they're thin
Dennis Wheat, Joe Ewing friend of a friend with Pro Line ....all have found weak points from: chamber's to valve arrangement. Waiting on Master P and Richards findings. Had 2 likes.

Last edited by Smokey B; 10-15-2019 at 10:47 AM.
Old 10-15-2019, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 480 Likes on 310 Posts

https://www.enginelabs.com/engine-te...ctor-jr-heads/

What about these guys?
Old 10-15-2019, 12:35 PM
Banned

Like your thinking...same head Katech uses for there own head that they sell.

Same ? to Gwatney Performance

The answer

If you can get a custom piston (valve location is reverse of LS and dowels are up top instead of down low), then the LT head offers some advantages. Very high port, the exhaust is on par with great LS heads, and the intake port flows well, and the cant of the valve helps get that valve off the cylinder as it opens.

Not sure that it would be worth the hassle as we can flow slightly more with the LS7 ported head though. By the time you do the custom headers and all its gonna be pretty spendy to go DI head on an LS engine and likely with little benefit. The main benefit to me would be the small chambers for compression. At that point, I could sell you a set of CID heads ported by us that are even better.

If you have any additional questions - shoot us a message at support@ gwatneyperformance or give us a call at (501) 985-4947

Old 10-15-2019, 01:02 PM
Banned

Spanks aftermarket heads are out....port needs filling to help velocity. $1500 x2 for either head CID or Edelbrock no parts. Just a idea. Past LS heads and get bored, the better the higher the cost. $6k+, but see a factory head that offers all of what a high end LS offers. See and know the runner needs help (filling) as there not worried with velocity with DI. Chamber needs welding and improvement as it differers from DI.....

I came @ it like this for cost.
Factory Lt heads used...$300 to 500
CNC Port work seen, $500 bucks Texas speed, then fill intake runners $600 and work runner accordingly adding a over size intake valve about $1000. Weld up DI port and contour the chamber for standard injection about $200 to 300. Not in debt with Zach, Rowdy wants parts and thinking of another cylinder head idea, that could be my next project.

Beats doing a C5R head in cost and thinking outside of the box. If there's hp to be made sounds good in theory.

Last edited by Smokey B; 10-15-2019 at 01:10 PM.

Quick Reply: EMC similar format with *New info & products*