Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

EMC similar format with *New info & products*

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2019, 10:23 AM
Banned

Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts

Darth that's why u R luv'ed... you'll F with me on any subject . With no malice...

Let's get this old head knowledge... I'll ask and find them ..
Old 12-12-2019, 12:06 PM

Received 1,838 Likes on 1,146 Posts

Originally Posted by Smokey B
Darth that's why u R luv'ed... you'll F with me on any subject . With no malice...

Let's get this old head knowledge... I'll ask and find them ..
I'm glad you can read the tone and tell it's all in good fun
Old 12-12-2019, 12:08 PM

....the shortest distance between 2 points is a ?
Well, since the planet is round, that would be an arc along the great circle...
Old 12-12-2019, 01:06 PM
Banned

Rule #1 if talking cylinder heads

Heads aren't talked about or shouldn't be thought of in terms of being measured in runner CC..
Head porters go by CSA but minimum CSA tells it All. Get this and the World will open up in terms of a cylinder head. Again rule 1.

thing is some just want to sit in a bubble and wait for someone to come on ls1tec and post some real knowledgeable information with in depth details...it ain't gonna happen here ....keep waiting. Reason I'm on two other forums.... Speed Talk and YB. If I see u and have a question.... pm sent. I've got private messages from Long ago telling me why u won't see a lot of the names u know post here. I'm a Stalker for a Answer to a ? F your restraining order... U may have heard of me.. I go by Paco the black Mexican, tell me what I wanna know. I'm into killing questions...and business is a' Booming!
Old 12-12-2019, 09:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 462 Likes on 359 Posts

Rule #1 if talking cylinder heads

Heads aren't talked about or shouldn't be thought of in terms of being measured in runner CC..
Head porters go by CSA but minimum CSA tells it All. Get this and the World will open up in terms of a cylinder head. Again rule 1.

thing is some just want to sit in a bubble and wait for someone to come on ls1tec and post some real knowledgeable information with in depth details...it ain't gonna happen here ....keep waiting. Reason I'm on two other forums.... Speed Talk and YB. If I see u and have a question.... pm sent. I've got private messages from Long ago telling me why u won't see a lot of the names u know post here. I'm a Stalker for a Answer to a ? F your restraining order... U may have heard of me.. I go by Paco the black Mexican, tell me what I wanna know. I'm into killing questions...and business is a' Booming!
Let's smoke a joint.
Old 12-13-2019, 12:11 AM
Banned

Came home 4 a day....FT Worth needs material. Let us find the old piston receipts...
Tommorow call Joe as Uncle Jim has retired, no more not paying sales tax... And give him the part # 311979 JE... Says 850...really don't care as long as they take them back. Sent a 4150 SV back after the 4500 came out. They were cool with it. ...so _____ it. I bet I have something No one can find or have? I have to share all I've read ..

I have all Cary's listed information on All his heads for his ET performance heads. Cary had more makes and models of LS heads than Anybody! Now included... Mast is Cary's old baby. Old book mark in the pH. I feel there giving a lesser product for more $ @ the time these heads ran $3100. I'm looking at the print out. Throwback Thursdays...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...nder-head.html

Post #34 yeah...I know who to search 4
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...a-427-a-2.html

Our canted valve head is very "streetable". For anyone who would ever wish to challenge that, be prepared to back up your information, "8500" RPM ness, I don't think so. 800+ lift is not ness to take advantage of these heads. They make their biggest gains before that anyhow. What Quicken was talking about building was a 454 cid engine to run around on the street with. With port volume just slightly larger than the LS7 and an intake valve that is .015 smaller than the LS7, It is a perfect candidate for a large displacement small block. I would guarentee that with a high 230 to low 240 duration cam split to a 114-116 lobe seperation cam with .650 lift would be a killer street engine with around 11.5- 12:1 compression. "Canted Valve" does not mean big, huge and unreliable. It means a rotated compound valve angle to better position the valves in the dumb round hole it is mounted to. We build these heads for all out racing as well as your street cars. Guys, you have to understand that the more efficient a cylinder head is, the less camshaft you need to run. As far as .800 -900 lift, I would not reccommend that unless you were prepared for a lot of maintenence. Without running a ton of duration with that amount of lift, it would be so aggressive and would want to break anything in its path.

cary

Granny u and kcs are senior citizens here.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...rdal-port.html

Found the 2 threads bookmarked on the Xbox
Now pH BM's

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...-sb2-port.html

Post #11 C5R heads and a small bore hmmm. Old meets new thought. Hell if cfm means anything ole Rowdy's game looking back .060 overbore...vs...BS C5R better°<✓
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...5-r-heads.html

Added this one tonight ..... reading

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...c5r-heads.html

Last edited by Smokey B; 12-13-2019 at 12:17 AM.
Old 12-13-2019, 12:26 AM
Banned

• I just need to set the deal up, I'm just here till the loads ready.....but, have Joe call JE piston with the receipt # or purchase order #. Zach's @ the PRI, deal goes thru tommorow when he gets back, ship pistons. I have a $100.oo to spare. Compression is compression ..... corn.
Old 12-13-2019, 02:39 AM
Banned

I will admit failure..... these are F'ing hyd roller/pump gas pistons that turned S/R. F'ing 12ish compression.....I got another ? To kill in the morning...this **** has to Go.... Lord's will...<sorry

Business boooming? LMAO!
Old 12-13-2019, 09:39 AM
Banned

****!!!!
i won't be posting 4 a while ..mad as ****!

So **** it ....Zack get these bitch *** pistons out the hole as much as humanly possible fly cut the ****.... ****! Bortous I said **** was easier when you keep it simple. Hyd roller 11.8 compression 408 with a 4500 = that's what it was till S/R stepped in..****!
Old 12-13-2019, 09:47 AM
Banned

Only good thing I can think of.....stay Pump gas ....not even worth the switch . It is but... 12.3 ish at best... IDK. It's worth the switch, being ready available is Anywhere is another story.....
Old 12-13-2019, 09:56 AM

Only good thing I can think of.....stay Pump gas ....not even worth the switch . It is but... 12.3 ish at best... IDK. It's worth the switch, being ready available is Anywhere is another story.....
Why not run it up to 12.7 and just run boostane? Would only need like a half ounce per gallon. if your cam is big enough should be fine.
Old 12-13-2019, 10:07 AM
TECH Addict

• I just need to set the deal up, I'm just here till the loads ready.....but, have Joe call JE piston with the receipt # or purchase order #. Zach's @ the PRI, deal goes thru tommorow when he gets back, ship pistons. I have a $100.oo to spare. Compression is compression ..... corn.
Smoke, what are you talking about?
I'm trying to work out the meaning of your message.
And yes I do recall you said something about simplicity and my 408 is something simple compared to a lot of others but **** happens.
Old 12-13-2019, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by bortous
Smoke, what are you talking about?
I'm trying to work out the meaning of your message.
And yes I do recall you said something about simplicity and my 408 is something simple compared to a lot of others but **** happens.
Translation:

I need to have the pistons exchanged. Just need to set it up. I might be able to do that while I'm sitting here waiting for a load (i.e. driver). In the mean time I can have Joe call JE pistons to work out the exchange. Zach is currently at PRI, but this way the pistons will be in byt he time he gets back, and he can fix it then. I have an extra hundred if I need it.

Old 12-13-2019, 10:21 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Darth_V8r
Translation:

I need to have the pistons exchanged. Just need to set it up. I might be able to do that while I'm sitting here waiting for a load (i.e. driver). In the mean time I can have Joe call JE pistons to work out the exchange. Zach is currently at PRI, but this way the pistons will be in byt he time he gets back, and he can fix it then. I have an extra hundred if I need it.
Ah yes that makes sense.
I was thinking his engine blew up or something.

Old 12-13-2019, 10:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,111 Likes on 2,426 Posts

That was his mind... a LOOONG time ago....
Old 12-13-2019, 10:40 AM

Ah yes that makes sense.
I don't know that it has actually been fully assembled yet
Old 12-13-2019, 10:45 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by G Atsma
That was his mind... a LOOONG time ago....
Lol. Maybe.
Old 12-13-2019, 05:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 750 Likes on 407 Posts

sorry, couldn't resist...
The following users liked this post:
G Atsma (12-13-2019)
Old 12-13-2019, 10:36 PM
Banned

I often have personal meeting's with myself....If I've read the entire Bible twice , I have no choice but to accept what's done And paid for in pistons. The Pistons were great until I learned more and thus wanting more. I know 3 builds that I look @ and say to self I can honestly get near or match any of These 3 and the common thing that's pops up in the search of hp .. is compression ....and I'd like a higher cylinder pressure.. easy way to make hp if you've got good gas....aka Corn
I'd like to get

On JE piston....
I didn't leave it alone.....I called back was told they'd have to talk to a manager.... Story goes......

. Darth now ✓ this one out ....I've been on active Duty overseas, fighting 4 country...Maybe it works ...... maybe not ...I tried.

Compression is Hp, @ the time I was happy with 11.8 and a 248 hydraulic roller.

With the cam i got now & compression around 12.9 to 13.2 I think this is what's achievable.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...11563215612412

With 11.8/c 12.0 i fill it would look similar to this...

https://www.yellowbullet.com/threads...sults.1204610/

I know Flyin made 800 + with around 13.2 ish+ on race fuel ™Same FED stg1 Ls3 heads..cam and heads carried 800 for more RPM than I thought till it peaked at 8200. Darth < Flyin's cam is more similar in spec's than I can say ...... on duration points @ .050 we are less than 10 let's say we meet half way not exact but u......get it.

New parable: 11 to 12.9 compression ratio is normal combustion with a splash of race gas with 93 octane. E85 is 100+ octane and requires more fuel being delivered ='s a bigger boom?

Nuclear Fusion is 13+ to 15.0 on cheap as corn. Q race fuel

I would like the later with cheap corn. But...it is, what it is...as it's just a 11.8 hydraulic roller based 408..as is......just added some ***** with a Solid roller.

​​​​​​
Old 12-13-2019, 11:05 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,508 Likes on 2,162 Posts

Ok smoke, help me decipher your issue here. If I’m right, you have a set of pistons bought that currently won’t yield you the compression your looking for? And even with your connections, you can’t return them? Am I on the right track? This seems easy to fix if so...

Quick Reply: EMC similar format with *New info & products*