Track.One goes to Holley LS fest 2010!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 06:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track.One goes to Holley LS fest 2010!

Thought I would share what started out as a risky and random idea...to becoming probably one the greatest opportunity's of our lives

Here is a link to a build thread of our shop that has really come together in no time! Which has the build up of our ls1 nissan s14
http://forums.nwp4life.com/zerothread?id=8811

Well about a week ago the car was just sitting in the shop with the first ls1 we had in there that spun a bearing at Import Alliance 2010 back in July...until I got a phone call.

It was Blane Burnett of Holley performance in bowling green, kentucky...thanks to Tennessee Drift's Barry Clapp...he contacted us about doing a drift demo for Holley's ls fest at Beech bend raceway. We talked for awhile and then I got with the rest of the team and we started scrambling to find a new motor...swap it in..and make it to the event which was less than a week away.

Luckily we found a 98 ls1 long block that we scooped up for cheap from about an hour from our shop...it had been sitting in a garage for 9 years so we were unsure on weather it would be good or not...we put it in that same night...cranked right up first try and we proceeded to Carma performance in Nashville where Brad Mayo was going to work his magic on the dyno.

After having to retune the ecu completely due to a crappy pre-tune from a company we shall leave un-named...we got the car back thursday night and started cleanin it up for the event...and putting more stickers on Thanks again to Brad at Carma for all the work he put into the car!!!!!!!

We arrive at 6:45pm on saturday night to bowling green for our drift demo only to see everyone leaving dude to weather...our driver Nick Thomas still goes out and runs around the track a bit...enough to have Holley really wanting us to come back on Sunday. We agree to be back in the morning and head back to Nashville for the night.

The next morning we arrive and are still having clutch issues...the car won't even get into gear...the only way nick can drive it is with rev-matching and slamming it into gear...without Nick being the amazing driver he is...this would be a lost cause....but the worst thing you can tell Nick is that he can't do something..because believe me...he will find a way.

We take the car out and Nick lays down a whole mess of smoke with the Ceo of Holley's son Chad Tomlinson out for the first session...and leme tell you...he was the happiest 16 year old I've ever seen....and I believe hes officially hooked on drifting :thumbup:

With another stroke of luck...Nick ran into Horsepower TV's host Joe Elmore and during their conversation Nick asks him if he's ever ridden in a drift car. Joe jumps at the idea and next thing we know they are strapping 6 cameras to the car..with 4 more cameramen outside filming whats going on!!

Me on the left...Nick in the middle..with Joe on the right with one of the cameramen.

Nick helping with camera positions

filming Mike nacarato putting on some new rubber

Nick getting his interview by Joe

Nick and the Horsepower TV crew ready to go...Joe Elmore riding shotgun for his first ride in a drift car!

Old 09-14-2010, 06:21 PM
Teching In

Here is a few series of pictures of Nick with Joe...I wish I was in a better spot for pictures!...note the 360's and rodeo drifting

Old 09-14-2010, 06:22 PM
Teching In

And heres some pictures with the President of Holley riding shotgun with Nick!

More pictures I've found

I have to say thank you again to everyone at Holley performance for giving us such an amazing opportunity...this was truly a weekend we'll never forget!!! All the all nighters and hard work is finally paying off and we had our chance to shine! I am blessed to have the great group of friends and family that make up what Track.One is all about! Horsepower TV is airing the episode with a special drifting segment all about nick and the car in november! I'll keep everyone updated on when its airing! We will be working with Holley and Horsepower TV alot in the future....as well as all of our other sponsors and support its only going up from here! Stay tuned!!! You'll be seeing a lot more of us!!!

Heres one video of Nick tearing it up!!

Old 09-14-2010, 07:51 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks for coming! Had a great time watching you guys make some laps!
Old 09-14-2010, 09:03 PM
Teching In

appreciate it!!! glad you guys enjoyed watching us!!

heres another video we found!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7X0J6WcrRo&sns=fb
Old 09-14-2010, 10:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i cant wait to see the coverage hit national TV... maybe they will make there lsgun camaro a drift car now
Old 09-14-2010, 11:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

had fun watching yall rip it up.

I say next year they need a drift event too, I drifted the back section of the autox around and back sunday and got DQ'd. Had a blast
Old 09-15-2010, 09:27 AM
12 Second Club

I second the yearly drift event! Glad my video could be of use!

Quick Reply: Track.One goes to Holley LS fest 2010!