LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

GZM / Phamspeed

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005 | 02:02 PM
Launching!

Angry GZM / Phamspeed

Let me start by saying this is not a bash post but simply my experience with the company

I ordered a Budget kit back in April from John and received it in July. When I received it the turbo, wastegate, and other misc parts had fallen out of the box in transit, also the intercooler pipe was only 2.5" and not the 3" as promised, the intercooler was damaged, and did not receive the couplers and clamps for it. I went through a month of trying to resolve this helping GZM with their UPS claim but unfortunately UPS found that GZM improperly packaged the shipment so the claim was denied. That's were things went south, at that point GZM basically told me that once it leaves their shop it's my problem and I would just be out a Turbo they were also not willing to fix the intercooler issues. They also acused me of a fradulent UPS claim - nice customer service . I was left with only one option file a dispute with my CC company and finally after another month I was awarded the price of the turbo. I am still working with my CC company on the intercooler but I expect to recover that as well.
Old 09-14-2005 | 02:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

That is weak on their part...

Packaging is very important for systems like that...
Old 09-14-2005 | 02:18 PM
On The Tree

Curious to hear what they have to say. Had John already merged with GZM back in April?
Old 09-14-2005 | 02:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Jaegermeister2k
Curious to hear what they have to say. Had John already merged with GZM back in April?
Nope it was still Phamspeed back them and from what I was told by the owner of GZM John is just an employee of GZM and not a partner. GZM did however run my CC on their machine for the second half of the payment so they are liable. Hopefuly they learned from this and are using better shipping practices
Old 09-14-2005 | 02:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Don't feel bad posting this. This is what forums like this are for. A community of LS1 owners that watch each other's backs. You didn't do any bashing. You stated facts that users may believe true or false.

If I may add, I was very close to buying a Phamspeed kit early this year, and one of the things that turned me off to their kit, besides the ground clearance, was how difficult it was to reach them by phone. Shortly after, the company split info began to be posted here. I just got a bad feeling all along and was dissuaded by too many things to ever consider them seriously. Thanks for the post and sorry about the problem you now have. I hope you resolve it quickly.
Old 09-14-2005 | 02:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Theres a guy from around me that is going through the same exact thing as your going through. But he lost his turbo and wastegate I think. GMZ told him that there was a few case's like his going on and that someone from UPS was stealing the stuff out of the box.

On another note I got my Phamspeed kit in like 3 weeks. But that was when They first came out and I have the manifold kit(1 of very few)
Old 09-14-2005 | 02:57 PM
Launching!

damn dude that sucks hope you get this worked out

Trending Topics

Old 09-14-2005 | 03:58 PM
Launching!

Sorry will, that sucks on their part...

WAY TO GO GZM/PHAMSPEED... ::::ROLL EYES:::::
Old 09-14-2005 | 07:57 PM
Launching!

Yea at least I'm not out the money just the time, my car has been in the garage all summer because of this crap
Old 09-15-2005 | 01:57 PM
Staging Lane

I went through a month of trying to resolve this helping GZM with their UPS claim but unfortunately UPS found that GZM improperly packaged the shipment so the claim was denied
The claim has not been denied. We're still battling out with UPS. The main thing is we needed the customer (you) to work with UPS and us on the case. You didn't. You just wanted your stuff and didn't care how you got it. You were quick to blame us for missing parts, and that's why we're in this mess

That's were things went south, at that point GZM basically told me that once it leaves their shop it's my problem and I would just be out a Turbo they were also not willing to fix the intercooler issues
That's not what we said and you know it. We were willing to work with you on the whole case. We even sent you a replacement wastegate along with all the couplers, clamps, and other parts. And I even told you I ordered another turbo for you to replace the missing one in the meantime. This is more than working with the customer and I think everyone here would agree.

They also acused me of a fradulent UPS claim - nice customer service
Now you're just pulling stuff out your *ss!! If we were trying to get the turbo and wg back, why the hell would we even say that?

The main reason you're in the situation you're in is because you refuse to work with us and UPS. We try to have phone conversations with you but all you want to do is emails. Getting information from you as a customer was like pulling teeth, you just didn't want to give it to us.
Old 09-15-2005 | 03:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GroundZero
The claim has not been denied. We're still battling out with UPS. The main thing is we needed the customer (you) to work with UPS and us on the case. You didn't. You just wanted your stuff and didn't care how you got it. You were quick to blame us for missing parts, and that's why we're in this mess
Acording to UPS the claim is closed this can also be confirmed if you go to the claims section of their website and enter tracking number 1ZT19F410390303089. As for me helping you I have no problem with that you have my phone number and contact information and you even said UPS would be contacting - they never did. Your in this mess because you packaged and shipped a 115lbs worth of turbo kit in a thin cardboard box. Yes I want my parts or money any way I can get them why should I wait 2+ months for you to work it out with UPS.

That's not what we said and you know it. We were willing to work with you on the whole case. We even sent you a replacement wastegate along with all the couplers, clamps, and other parts. And I even told you I ordered another turbo for you to replace the missing one in the meantime. This is more than working with the customer and I think everyone here would agree.
So for you working with the customer is giving them what they paid for?
When I spoke with you on the phone you said you talked with your Merchant bank and it was your understanding that your liability ends when the package leaves your store. Yes you sent me a repalcement wastegate, some band clamps for the exhaust, O2 bung that was suspose to be welded in my downpipe in the first place, and an air filter but I have yet to receive the intercooler couplers and clamps. This can easily be verified by weighing the stuff.
Where is the replacement turbo you ordered, I haven't seen it?

Now you're just pulling stuff out your *ss!! If we were trying to get the turbo and wg back, why the hell would we even say that?

The main reason you're in the situation you're in is because you refuse to work with us and UPS. We try to have phone conversations with you but all you want to do is emails. Getting information from you as a customer was like pulling teeth, you just didn't want to give it to us.
I have the statement you gave my CC company sitting right here in front of me your exact words are "We are working with UPS on this matter but they are still investigating wether the missing pieces were actually lost during transit or the customer is filing a fradulent claim"

I have refused nothing I have provided everything you or UPS has asked of me and will continue to do so. Yes I prefer e-mails because I have everything that is discussed in writing to cover my @ss. Lastly again I have no problem with working with you or UPS on this if the claim is still open just don't expect me to sit around for 2 more months waiting on a resolution I am persuing the dispute on my other card for the intercooler since it was not as advertised and I have yet to receive the couplers and clamps

Last edited by crazy2one; 09-15-2005 at 03:12 PM.
Old 09-15-2005 | 03:10 PM
Launching!

Well said Will, lets see what the saints at GZM says no, I see no responsibility on the part of GZM on this, espc. if he still doesn't have replacement parts, and also if they really put all that stuff in a lil cardbaord box.
Old 09-15-2005 | 03:16 PM
Launching!

I'll try to dig up the pics I have of the box. I can't beleive they let it leave the shop it that box
Old 09-15-2005 | 03:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by HellRaiser
Theres a guy from around me that is going through the same exact thing as your going through. But he lost his turbo and wastegate I think. GMZ told him that there was a few case's like his going on and that someone from UPS was stealing the stuff out of the box.
HMMMM This sounds an awful lot like every other sponsor who began their trip down the bad road. Believe me i know, i was an APE customer. Although this sounds more along the lines of what happened with JRP. Good luck i really hope this all turns out ok.
Old 09-15-2005 | 03:50 PM
Staging Lane

I must say I have to disagree I have the same problem with a missing turbo from ups the packaging was double boxed wrapped with clear duct tape.But someone still cut the tape and took the turbo out. Re-wrapped it with crappy clear packing tape. Now when I called ground zero motor sports, they were more than happy to help rectify the problem. Now they have more than bent over backwards to help me resolve this mess. Ralph even went so far as to give me his personal cell phone #, to call him at anytime. The only problem I see is with ups and no one else! They came and picked up my box on Aug. 5 and I have not heard from them until Sept. 6. I called the number for claims at ups twice a day since Aug. 8 and got nowhere but the whole time if Ralph didn't hear from me he called me to check if I heard from ups because he heard NOTHING! from them . It wasn't until I threatened ups with legal action until I got a response. I don't blame ground zero for anything, but it seems to me that ups is highly responsible and obvious problem in their shipping department. The only thing that has been taken from everyone's box so far, are the parts that are universal. If ground zero is in the business of handing out turbos to people who say they haven't gotten them, without going through the proper channels, they wouldn't be in business very long. I know it really sucks having to wait for the rest of my parts, but "stuff" happens , and you must be patient. If I had my choice I would do it all over again and still go through ground zero, and highly recommend them to anyone!
Old 09-15-2005 | 03:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by crazy2one
I'll try to dig up the pics I have of the box. I can't beleive they let it leave the shop it that box
I also have pictures of the boxes I got and if someone has a knife, it doesn't matter what it's shipped in!
Old 09-15-2005 | 04:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Dr.x
I must say I have to disagree I have the same problem with a missing turbo from ups the packaging was double boxed wrapped with clear duct tape.But someone still cut the tape and took the turbo out. Re-wrapped it with crappy clear packing tape. Now when I called ground zero motor sports, they were more than happy to help rectify the problem. Now they have more than bent over backwards to help me resolve this mess. Ralph even went so far as to give me his personal cell phone #, to call him at anytime. The only problem I see is with ups and no one else! They came and picked up my box on Aug. 5 and I have not heard from them until Sept. 6. I called the number for claims at ups twice a day since Aug. 8 and got nowhere but the whole time if Ralph didn't hear from me he called me to check if I heard from ups because he heard NOTHING! from them . It wasn't until I threatened ups with legal action until I got a response. I don't blame ground zero for anything, but it seems to me that ups is highly responsible and obvious problem in their shipping department. The only thing that has been taken from everyone's box so far, are the parts that are universal. If ground zero is in the business of handing out turbos to people who say they haven't gotten them, without going through the proper channels, they wouldn't be in business very long. I know it really sucks having to wait for the rest of my parts, but "stuff" happens , and you must be patient. If I had my choice I would do it all over again and still go through ground zero, and highly recommend them to anyone!
I'm glad you had a good experience with them and were willing to wait months with no resolution. Sounds like you got a little better packaging than I did. Unfortunately my situation wasn't as pleasant as yours
Old 09-15-2005 | 04:03 PM
11 Second Club

Maybe after the first time this happened they should have started using FedEx or some other carrier?!?! JMHO
Old 09-15-2005 | 04:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Dr.x
I also have pictures of the boxes I got and if someone has a knife, it doesn't matter what it's shipped in!
Good your issue seemed to be with theft at UPS mine was due to a paper thin box spilling it's contents in transit. My pictures simply show the type and quality of the packing materials. You need alot of support when shipping 115lbs and being that I paid GZM $150 for shipping I feel I should have gotten better
Old 09-15-2005 | 04:52 PM
10 Second Club

maybe everything should be shipped from a diff address in plain unmarked box'es, seems like a ricer could be working at UPS and having a field day

Quick Reply: GZM / Phamspeed