LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Lol mustang owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 12:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It come from both sides I think. Ive meet morons driving both GM and Ford cars, so its all relative really. Cant we all just put aside our differences and hate on Mopar for a while? LOL. As an LT1 owner I get alot of smug comments anyway at the track, especially since mine is in serious need of some new paint. Ive learned a few lessons and given a few on underestimating any car.

Oh and his times are similar to mine, before the list of new stuff in my sig i would run anywhere from 13.1 to 13.6 on street tires in the 2.3-2.6 60' range at almost the same mph. Of course depending where hes at I could be giving up like 4k feet+ in altitude and it was through stock exhaust manifolds, but still not horrible times for a bad 60'. probablly close to a high 12 second run with propper driving.

-Josh
Old 03-03-2008, 12:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 99BlackPonyGT
wow after reading this thread, ive pretty much concluded there are a small handful of fbody owners that are not complete douche bags... and some of the comments made in this thread are so ******* ridiculous... my stock cavalier smokes mustang gts! my stock lt1 smokes procharged 4v mach 1s!! omg guys you mustang owners suck, compare an 02 ls1 vs an 02 cobra and you will see who wins!! yea, go find me a ******* o2 cobra in the united states....no wonder i hate most fbody owners....and the comment above mine is stupid as hell...for the price of a 99-04 gt, i could easily have picked up an LT1 or LS1...i got a mustang because i like it better as a whole...yes, LS1's are faster than PI 2v stock for stock...but i still like the car better...what i find funny is how people think that an LT1 is going to put bus lengths on a PI 4.6 ....i have no problems with LT1s and my mods are gears, cams, exhaust, and a cai
Mod for Mod a 4.6/5.0 will lose to both the LT1 and LS1. I'd like to see these LT1s your stang supposedly destroys.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:17 PM
Launching!

wow after reading this thread, ive pretty much concluded there are a small handful of fbody owners that are not complete douche bags... and some of the comments made in this thread are so ******* ridiculous... my stock cavalier smokes mustang gts! my stock lt1 smokes procharged 4v mach 1s!! omg guys you mustang owners suck, compare an 02 ls1 vs an 02 cobra and you will see who wins!! yea, go find me a ******* o2 cobra in the united states....no wonder i hate most fbody owners....and the comment above mine is stupid as hell...for the price of a 99-04 gt, i could easily have picked up an LT1 or LS1...i got a mustang because i like it better as a whole...yes, LS1's are faster than PI 2v stock for stock...but i still like the car better...what i find funny is how people think that an LT1 is going to put bus lengths on a PI 4.6 ....i have no problems with LT1s and my mods are gears, cams, exhaust, and a cai
Wow only gears, cams exhaust, and cai? Damn, that's basically off the showroom floor!

What's even worse is that's the pi stangs, God have mercy on the non-pi stangs
Old 03-03-2008, 12:22 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 03mustgt
lol, this is getting old. Show me one spot in this thread where I intentionally bashed fbodies? Like I said, I am just trying to do you guys a favor by informing you about mustangs because apparently some of you guys have fell victim to your own egos. Honestly, a few of you guys seem cool, but there are few of you that seem like the biggest dbags I have ever met(coming from a mustang owner who has met tons of dbags).
try not to judge us all by the bad bunch LT1 owners. your right you havent bashed anyone on here. but all of us need to stop the comparisons between LT1's and Stangs. as all of us LT1 owners know there is a very wide range of LT1's all the way from 2.73 geared autos to 3.43 geared M6 and that is from what i have seen worth about a full second at the track so im sure that a 5 speed Mustang GT STOCK will beat a 2.73 auto LT1 STOCK but a 3.43 M6 LT1 would probably beat that same Mustang. but any car with mods cant just be compared to another unknown mods car cause you may think your god because you walked on a stock 2.73 auto and then get walked by a 6-speed LT1. I personally have beat 5 stang GT's but i only know the mods of 2 of them that i raced so i dont talk trash on the others but i will always respect a faster car than me and i will never make excuses for losing to a stang.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MadMike 97 Z28
try not to judge us all by the bad bunch LT1 owners. your right you havent bashed anyone on here. but all of us need to stop the comparisons between LT1's and Stangs. as all of us LT1 owners know there is a very wide range of LT1's all the way from 2.73 geared autos to 3.43 geared M6 and that is from what i have seen worth about a full second at the track so im sure that a 5 speed Mustang GT STOCK will beat a 2.73 auto LT1 STOCK but a 3.43 M6 LT1 would probably beat that same Mustang. but any car with mods cant just be compared to another unknown mods car cause you may think your god because you walked on a stock 2.73 auto and then get walked by a 6-speed LT1. I personally have beat 5 stang GT's but i only know the mods of 2 of them that i raced so i dont talk trash on the others but i will always respect a faster car than me and i will never make excuses for losing to a stang.

I agree
Old 03-03-2008, 12:29 PM
On The Tree

very well put
Old 03-03-2008, 12:35 PM
TECH Regular

how much HP did you make with your setup? im not trying to start anything but i think a 6speed LT1 with a mild cam on stock heads and 4.10's would not be any slower than your car was but im sure a car like mine would have been slower with just a CAI.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:40 PM
Teching In

how much HP did you make with your setup? im not trying to start anything but i think a 6speed LT1 with a mild cam on stock heads and 4.10's would not be any slower than your car was but im sure a car like mine would have been slower with just a CAI.
He probably makes somewhere around the 290whp mark, maybe more or less.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:45 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 03mustgt
He probably makes somewhere around the 290whp mark, maybe more or less.
if thats accurate then im sure he is faster than cars like mine i only dynoed 275 rwhp with a CAI but i have actually seen LT1s with cam only on stock heads with full exhaust and gears pull 360 rwhp with a good tune.

heres a vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7oldCq96Os
Old 03-03-2008, 12:45 PM
On The Tree

This is pretty sad. It's like the same schoolyard asshattery when these get drug into the lt1 vs ls1 threads with a bunch of ill informed bruised egos.

I've seen like 8 posts bashing the dude trapping 110 on stock gears mustang, yet I see no #'s from anyone else, but just blatant ignorance like 'ya that car sucks I went 13.x at blah blah slower. mustangs are dumb' Are you kidding me?

All things are are a #s game. Fbodies aren't ******* magical. Neither are mustangs. I could wipe floors in my 4 banger awd winter beater with half of you tools arguing. Does that make my car better? No.

Cars will weigh so much. Cars will make so much HP stock, so much TQ stock and get (x) gears stock. Any person with half a brain can figure out wich one is going to be faster STOCK. I think that if anyone wants to wander away from thier short bus for 2 minutes to EDUCATE themselves as an ENTHUSIAST, they will see that the mustang got short changed HEAVILY on the gearing end of most arguments, with a 3:27 being the BEST gear and only seen in later cars. I have a 94 GT with 2:73s stock. I have seen the stock 2:73d auto f bodies. Guess what they both have in common? Theyre slow. BIG difference from my 3:42'd m6 car. With good drivers, and you will see some really good/close runs with the pi2v cars stock for stock. Gears in a mustang, I have seen non Pi cars run lt1 cars on the street, same goes for 5.0s and its not like they don't respond at all.

Quit living under a rock and making excuses. I am completely befuddled by the ignorance shown in this thread and what seems to reflect on the street. Some of the dumbest most ignorant people I have ever met have been lt1 and stang kids. Each will put on a song and dance filled with lies and excuses.

There are 2 sides to every story, ups and downs on both cars. So stop freaking whining. 10 bolts suck, optisparks suck, working on an lt1 freaking blows. 4.6s are complicated to a 5.0, t5s suck compared to a t56, but at least I can work on a mustang without pulling my hair out. Heads come off a 5.0 without dropping the engine. Cam swaps are of ls1 ease.

Point being. Grow up and get educated.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RSbeast
This is pretty sad. It's like the same schoolyard asshattery when these get drug into the lt1 vs ls1 threads with a bunch of ill informed bruised egos.

I've seen like 8 posts bashing the dude trapping 110 on stock gears mustang, yet I see no #'s from anyone else, but just blatant ignorance like 'ya that car sucks I went 13.x at blah blah slower. mustangs are dumb' Are you kidding me?

All things are are a #s game. Fbodies aren't ******* magical. Neither are mustangs. I could wipe floors in my 4 banger awd winter beater with half of you tools arguing. Does that make my car better? No.

Cars will weigh so much. Cars will make so much HP stock, so much TQ stock and get (x) gears stock. Any person with half a brain can figure out wich one is going to be faster STOCK. I think that if anyone wants to wander away from thier short bus for 2 minutes to EDUCATE themselves as an ENTHUSIAST, they will see that the mustang got short changed HEAVILY on the gearing end of most arguments, with a 3:27 being the BEST gear and only seen in later cars. I have a 94 GT with 2:73s stock. I have seen the stock 2:73d auto f bodies. Guess what they both have in common? Theyre slow. BIG difference from my 3:42'd m6 car. With good drivers, and you will see some really good/close runs with the pi2v cars stock for stock. Gears in a mustang, I have seen non Pi cars run lt1 cars on the street, same goes for 5.0s and its not like they don't respond at all.

Quit living under a rock and making excuses. I am completely befuddled by the ignorance shown in this thread and what seems to reflect on the street. Some of the dumbest most ignorant people I have ever met have been lt1 and stang kids. Each will put on a song and dance filled with lies and excuses.

There are 2 sides to every story, ups and downs on both cars. So stop freaking whining. 10 bolts suck, optisparks suck, working on an lt1 freaking blows. 4.6s are complicated to a 5.0, t5s suck compared to a t56, but at least I can work on a mustang without pulling my hair out. Heads come off a 5.0 without dropping the engine. Cam swaps are of ls1 ease.

The best post of this thread.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:53 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RSbeast

i agree but i think some people on here just like pushing other peoples buttons. i think they know that this is a stupid arguement no matter how fast you are there is always someone faster accept it guys.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Red1996SS1519
Well, Not too long ago I pulled near a late 90s Cobra, I didn't say a word but the guy that was with me put the window down and asked him to race, I was lucky we both got to the red light and we had at least 45 seconds to talk. He had a girl with him and started talking **** about LT1s like most people here said, I never met the guy or anything, so we decided to race and meet at Curcuit city in town.
I got on it, he got on it, I beat his ******* *** by at least 3 cars I swear, I got off the highway to the curcuit city exit, went to the parking lot and waited for him. He didn't show up, my buddy and I decided to go in the store to buy something, I come out around 15 minutes later and here I find my hood KEYED about 10 inches long .

Well, since then, I never met the guy or anything, it's a black Cobra, late 90s, very loud, been looking for the ****** so long.

Anways, just thought to share a story about the RUSTANGS, thought it would fit here. I myself respect Cobras, but why the **** would someone do something like that?
Dang dude that sucks man

I would be looking for that guy too with a sledge in the back seat geez

I have to thank the people who posted this last page, you guys redeemed this thread.

Anyways, I didnt intend to become a brawl, just to talk about a single individual who happened to be a d-bag and own a mustang

carry on.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:17 PM
On The Tree

you guys are comparing your cars to the shittiest years of a mustang lol. 97-98 and the sn95 5.0's.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:29 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by wwmost
you guys are comparing your cars to the shittiest years of a mustang lol. 97-98 and the sn95 5.0's.
no we have been talking about pi 4.6 mustangs (99-04) your talking about non pi mustangs and the 5.0 cars and yes i know they are the shittiest i beat a non pi with a supercharger and i only have 275 rwhp.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:39 PM
TECH Regular

this is not a knock on mustangs, but ive yet to run into a bolt on geared gt that can come within 2 cars of my bolt on, geared lt1 with 173k miles, and thats 99-04, and ive only seen one pre 99 gt give my car any kinda run and that was a 95 Gt with h/c/i. and we were dead even...ive even ran a bolt on 2000 gt with 4.30 gears, and missed 2nd gear and still pulled 2 cars by 110...no pi mustangs are a joke, 5.0s suck unless u go internals or spray, and 99-04 need atleast cams to even compete with an lt1, and ive race atleast 8-10 gts, and its all the same out come, the lose anywhere from 2-5 cars....
-So this is not being a tool or an *** or anything but bolt on for bolt on an lt1 and any mustang made pre 03 is a win for the lt1 with equal drivers, and even the 96-01 cobras are still a drivers race with an edge to the lt1(THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT PERIOD)
Old 03-03-2008, 03:56 PM
11 Second Club

I remember reading that the 94-96 Impala was rated at top speed 138 and the GT's of those years were rated at 137 . . . always made me laugh

but so I'm not always 'stang bashing I remember how much I hated 5.0's when I had a TPI car

the rivalry is fun
Old 03-03-2008, 04:24 PM
Teching In

I know I'm late to the party but I had to laugh at those camarofish pics. Did that guy who knows everything about camaros know that he's in the LT1 thread posting crap about the LS1's front end? If someone already pointed that out my bad, I'm too lazy to read 9 pages of rustang owner comments.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:54 PM
TECH Resident

Hey 03mustgt I bet If i drove your car I could show you that it may even run high 12's or at least low 13's. But I'm willing to wager that If i tossed you the keys to my car you'd be in the 14's. Come on man educate yourself launching a car is not rocket science. If you can't hit well from a dig find some street races and teach yourself the elements of the race. Not trying to upset you man, i don't mind mustangs, but you coming on here and calling bs on all lt1 driver's claims is horse ****. You don't know what your car is capable of, practice and find out. It just seems stupid that you are bashing our cars when you can't get decent times out of it. Earn our respect and we'll give the credit when and if it is due. any lt1 drivers wanna back this statement up?
Old 03-03-2008, 05:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by phirepower
Hey 03mustgt I bet If i drove your car I could show you that it may even run high 12's or at least low 13's. But I'm willing to wager that If i tossed you the keys to my car you'd be in the 14's. Come on man educate yourself launching a car is not rocket science. If you can't hit well from a dig find some street races and teach yourself the elements of the race. Not trying to upset you man, i don't mind mustangs, but you coming on here and calling bs on all lt1 driver's claims is horse ****. You don't know what your car is capable of, practice and find out. It just seems stupid that you are bashing our cars when you can't get decent times out of it. Earn our respect and we'll give the credit when and if it is due. any lt1 drivers wanna back this statement up?
I know my car is capable of more. I only went to the track once last summer, first time ever with the nitrous, only got 3 runs on spray in, and it was on street tires. I have only taken my car to the strip twice. Once when it was completely stock, and then with the nitrous. You can't expect perfection on your second trip. I agree I do need to get some practice, and with some drag radials I am confident I will see some 12 sec passes this year. I give respect where its due regardless of the vehicle.

Oh and if you wanted to drive my car you would have to pry the keys from my cold, lifeless fingers, lol but i do understand what you are saying and never once have I said that I was by any means a good a driver. Man I have not bashed your cars at all, dont confuse me with the other guys that posted.

Quick Reply: Lol mustang owners