Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Iowa Fastest Cars?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 08:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 355z28
Is there any place in iowa that dyno tunes? I know mid-state has a dyno pretty sure they dont tune. And my dad delivers to the ws6store i guess there talking about putting a dyno in, didnt here if they were going to tune or not
The dyno is sitting in storage right now...once we get a building to put it in we will be dyno tuning....not right away but soon thereafter.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:03 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by joshp14
The dyno is sitting in storage right now...once we get a building to put it in we will be dyno tuning....not right away but soon thereafter.
Can't wait for that to happen. It will be so nice to have something like that close by.

355Z28, I used to have an LT1 . Don't feel left out, your car is probably quicker than mine, haha.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:15 AM
Launching!

I came from a 95 V6 Mustang as my first car(slow as ****, but did it ever look bad ***). I should find pictures, got into an accident and collected all the insurance money an fixed it myself. Couldnt get a V8 until I had a clean record for a year. A year later the Mustang was sold, and I found the TA, I was looking for a LT1 at the time thinking that was all I could afford, but low and behold I came accross a steal. Had this car for just under 5 years. Wow, seems longer than I thought! Was down for a year after the bolt made its way through the motor (F*(&#* dealers)

Hey, anyone here looking for a sport bike? Still got mine forsale!!
Old 12-14-2007, 11:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joshp14
lol after you get it installed you can toy with my car and get it set up so you get used to messing with it

it was worth a try.

Yeah i messed up about a month ago...I bought my car blown up mid summer last year and started building. Well about a month 1/2 ago theres a kid mid 20's or so that had a silver 00 or 01 trans am A4 with a new set of chrome AR rebels and tires on it. He got arrested and needed the money real bad and told me hed take $4000 for the car...I didnt have the money i shouldve just went to the bank and took out a loan and bought it kinda makes me sick lol
Old 12-14-2007, 12:19 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by RedRocketZ28
355Z28, I used to have an LT1 . Don't feel left out, your car is probably quicker than mine, haha.
I dont know about that, mines never seen a race yet lol. But I doubt it, considering my engine and tranny were built by my 19 year old ***

Haha guess thats the only reason im so happy with mine...I built it.

This spring maybe you all can come down to the Iowa speedway in newton instead of driving all the way to eddyville or cederfalls. The tracks not prepped as well, but it is a regular 1/8th it was kind of a joke when it started out now it seems to be really coming along. Just an idea, plus its only 20 miles away from me
Old 12-14-2007, 12:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Me and andy went downtheir opening night..and it was horriable. They were all clueless on what they were doing, and my LS1 was getting whipped by andys LT1...lol. It wasnt running its best along with a exhaust leak..
Old 12-14-2007, 02:01 PM
9 Second Club

We all need to head to tri-state in the spring. That is a very nice track. I would be willing to head down to Newton just to run for the hell of it and basically "street race" people since there is no prep there. There were quite a few cars there that night we were there.

Anyone talk to you the Rookies people yet? We need to get something going on that as well.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:14 PM
Staging Lane

Default Not so fast.

Not so fast...........Don't give up on PORKY'S just yet. The hot rumor is that they will be moving to a new location.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:15 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Shinigami2x4
Me and andy went downtheir opening night..and it was horriable. They were all clueless on what they were doing, and my LS1 was getting whipped by andys LT1...lol. It wasnt running its best along with a exhaust leak..
haha i know they were all clueless, I work part time at oreillys here in grinnell, One of the dealers that I used to sell parts to shut down his shop and now works at the track (He builds Renegade chassis for stock cars and also sells the dwarf cars) anyways he now helps out with the drags and it seems to get better each time hes constantly coming up with new ideas and trying to get it to run smoother.

I just like going down their to watch all the ford boys try to run

Plus its somthing to do on Friday nights.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice to see another Grinnellian on here. Grew up there. I get back there frequently to visit family. Usually put the beater in Happy Days or the Park show. Next time I'm in O'Reilly's I'll look for an F-body in the lot.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:38 PM
10 Second Club

I never do Happy days because theres to many people there that whine if they dont win, to me its a car show and you go there to hang out have fun and check out everyone elses hard work. But i will go to the Vintage auto show up at the park.

I dont drive it to work to much anymore the houses around the store have a bunch of youngins and they seem to be just learning how to skate board and ride bikes..
Old 12-16-2007, 03:26 PM
On The Tree

355Z28 dont feel too left out im also a fellow LT1 owner in a forum of LS1 powered cars. So im about 80% done with my turbo setup just waiting on the 12V oil transfer pump, BOV, and a few fittings and she'll be ready to install and get tuned. Bryan your going down next time we race punk!!!!
Old 12-17-2007, 09:11 AM
Launching!

Found that good mug shot of you in the headers deal. got the SS out just long enough to take a picture?
Old 12-17-2007, 12:43 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by M6WS6
Found that good mug shot of you in the headers deal. got the SS out just long enough to take a picture?
Haha, yeah my girlfriend said I looked pretty redneck, and I agree. I had to shovel the driveway to get the car out. It's my Great Grandma's house and she moved to Oklahoma so no one is living there except the SS. Started the car up, shoveled the driveway and sidewalks, backed the car out, took the picture, then put her back in the garage under the cover. There is about 3 feet of slush, snow, ice at the end of the driveway from the snow plows. I couldn't get the car out of the driveway even if I wanted to, haha.

By the way, I'm really not a grungy dude although it looks like it, lol.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:39 AM
Launching!

Haha, yeah my girlfriend said I looked pretty redneck, and I agree. I had to shovel the driveway to get the car out. It's my Great Grandma's house and she moved to Oklahoma so no one is living there except the SS. Started the car up, shoveled the driveway and sidewalks, backed the car out, took the picture, then put her back in the garage under the cover. There is about 3 feet of slush, snow, ice at the end of the driveway from the snow plows. I couldn't get the car out of the driveway even if I wanted to, haha.

By the way, I'm really not a grungy dude although it looks like it, lol.

, I just had to say something and give you some **** for it! Thought it was kind of funny. I almost posted it in here....

Are you off for Xmas now with school, or when are you done? Slacker.....

Im still at work.....
Old 12-18-2007, 11:38 AM
9 Second Club

Our school goes through Thursday. Have to go back the 3rd of January which sucks, but oh well. Slacker? Hardly, haha. Although my job is pretty easy. I am coaching 7th grade boys basketball as well and the 6 AM practices are starting to get to me. I am ready for a break.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 373 Likes on 273 Posts

Here's a couple of vids I have from last summer

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1...0800c7552c.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/9...0800c24050.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/a...0800bb5779.htm
Old 12-18-2007, 02:18 PM
Launching!

Our school goes through Thursday. Have to go back the 3rd of January which sucks, but oh well. Slacker? Hardly, haha. Although my job is pretty easy. I am coaching 7th grade boys basketball as well and the 6 AM practices are starting to get to me. I am ready for a break.
Im going to be a slacker here soon. Taking all next week off except Monday! I just envy anyone who doesn't have to work.....Im not going to lie, I couldn't handle your job, I dont know if I could be around kids all day long....

Ouch, 6 am practice, I remember those days. For 4 summers I ad to work at 6....Now I just get up at 6, so its not so bad. Alright fine, were even...
Old 12-18-2007, 02:24 PM
Launching!

Very nice! I think I have you beat on lope, but definitly not on the track. Very nice car!I almost went stroker when I re-did my motor, but I was a poor 17 yr old kid and could only build up a stock cube. Maybe I can get some nitrous help from you, I have forged internals all broken in now (4k miles) ready to be sprayed. Kind of scared to get the ball rolling on that though.... Speed Inc Powered I see, I got all my parts, everything but the actual motor from there and did the work myself, then drove there for a dyno tune as well! Great guys to work with. Looks like you/speed inc did well!
Old 12-18-2007, 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by M6WS6
Very nice! I think I have you beat on lope, but definitly not on the track. Very nice car!I almost went stroker when I re-did my motor, but I was a poor 17 yr old kid and could only build up a stock cube. Maybe I can get some nitrous help from you, I have forged internals all broken in now (4k miles) ready to be sprayed. Kind of scared to get the ball rolling on that though.... Speed Inc Powered I see, I got all my parts, everything but the actual motor from there and did the work myself, then drove there for a dyno tune as well! Great guys to work with. Looks like you/speed inc did well!
I am curious to what kind of numbers your F-13/AFR 205s made.... ??? I almost went with that cam the last time around.

Don't be afraid of a little nitrous, just don't be shy asking questions, buy good parts & it will be fine.

I'm going back to the juice for 2008, I took my kit off & sold it near the end of the season this year.

Quick Reply: Iowa Fastest Cars?