Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Iowa Fastest Cars?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 03:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedRocketZ28
Scott, Jason, and Brian
Fixed a name for you. I think I'll start calling him Greg or something though...
Old 04-25-2008, 03:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Id be up for somthing, but my cars parked for awhile until i can figure out why its retarding so much timing.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:08 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Unstang
Fixed a name for you. I think I'll start calling him Greg or something though...
Yeah my bad, I was going by 35thLESS's name in his sig. I assume that is not the guy that lives down the street from Scott? Haha. You guys still heading out there in the Blazer?
Old 04-25-2008, 04:56 PM
On The Tree

Yeah we are leaving around 5:30 today. Doesn't sound like we are able to pick his car up though. They are saying his headers are to close to the heater box and think it's not safe. Brian is pissed because now he has to make a seperate trip out there to get it.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Darkhalf
I'd be down for Saturday, but this weather blows and I enjoy sitting outside looking at everybodys cars w/o having to worry about getting sick cause of this rain and now cold, just feeling down right miserable. I say in a couple weeks that will be behind us and we can enjoy more outside events w/o having to worry about keeping dry and warm!

Yeah, this weather blows (no pun intended). Now they are saying mid-50's with 30% chance of rain in the afternoon and 50% chance tomorrow night. Hoping it holds off during the event as I really don't feel like getting the car out in the rain.

http://www.kcci.com/weather/index.html
Old 04-25-2008, 09:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RedRocketZ28
Yeah my bad, I was going by 35thLESS's name in his sig. I assume that is not the guy that lives down the street from Scott? Haha. You guys still heading out there in the Blazer?
Don't think so..... Not sure who Scott is though either so I couldn't say for sure. Those are some nice pics from the meeting on Wed. though. Might have to meet up with you guys next week if the weather permits
I am switching back to the loudmouth tomorrow from the dual/dual and it's supposed to rain... no good
Old 04-25-2008, 09:11 PM
Teching In

There we go. Final got a pic on here!!
Old 04-25-2008, 09:31 PM
Staging Lane

Well I finally got enough ambition with this weather lately, that I pulled the fuel tank in the ol' IROC, found 2 pinholes in the weld where the filler neck is welded to the tank. So now I need to find a place that welds gas tanks locally and get it fixed tomorrow.
Old 04-26-2008, 12:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by caged02
Yeah we are leaving around 5:30 today. Doesn't sound like we are able to pick his car up though. They are saying his headers are to close to the heater box and think it's not safe. Brian is pissed because now he has to make a seperate trip out there to get it.
Is this because of the new heads?
Old 04-26-2008, 03:40 PM
Staging Lane

Hey 35thLESS, were you cruising up Jordan Creek Parkway today by chance???
Old 04-26-2008, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by caged02

Tell Brian that I checked my headers and they are approx 1/4" away from my heater box....been like that for 2 years and havent had any probs. I also called Nate (Screamer27) and he says his are the same.....so who knows what Speed Inc is smoking sayin they wont tune it cuz they are too close.
Old 04-26-2008, 06:25 PM
Staging Lane

Just finished 9 more hours of wrenching on the iroc, Fixed some exhaust issues, fuel pump, gas tank leak, bent panhard bar (how the hell does that happen anyway), a collapsed vacuum line, leaky 9 bolt cover gasket, and a pinion seal. Was only interrupted once.... Josh!,

Anyway, I think thats kinda crappy on speed inc's part. Josh's and my primarys are both 1/4in away from the heater box. You can clearly see that it hasn't melted anything. Plus I bet our 3 cars are not the only 3 cars out there like this. I wonder if they wanted to push his car off so they could get ready for their open house or something because I am willing to bet Brian's headers are the same as ours. FLP had no problem tuning mine.

and a third note. Is anyone going anywhere tonite....
Old 04-26-2008, 07:29 PM
Teching In

jason, scott and i saw the car at speed inc open house today. the headers are right on the heater box. the heads are taller than stock but larry said they are the same from the exhaust ports on down. we are confident speed inc will figure something out moday. car sounded good though.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:40 PM
Staging Lane

Interesting.... So I take it you guys are back from speed inc's open house?
Old 04-26-2008, 07:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Screamer27
Interesting.... So I take it you guys are back from speed inc's open house?
We are at the hotel in Naperville, going to check out some nightlife in the area tonight.

My Jethots are a tight fit, but I can see daylight & nothing has ever burned on it...
Old 04-26-2008, 08:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Camaro Z
Was anybody wanting to go to that svtperformance.com cruise saturday afternoon. I think it would be a good time. A guy who lives by me invited me and said anybody is invited. I think they have around 20 cars already.
Any of you guys make the cruise today? Nice turnout or what? Heard that the Speed inc open house had somecops show up and ticet some folks.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:14 PM
11 Second Club

Ah Jason, good to see you wernt causing any ruckus and getting arrested! Ha. Hope you guys had fun man! I will try and get back up your guys way every chance possible to hang out.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:20 PM
Staging Lane

Well I hope you guys have a safe trip back.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:03 PM
Teching In

Default ahhh ****.

well, I hit a deer tonight

I was 5 minutes north of Davenport going back to Dubuque and smoked a deer at 75 mph.

My boyfriend was talking to me and I watching the road and BAM! out of nowhere, this damn deer jumped out in front of us. I screamed "OHHH MY GODDDDDD!!" like a the bitch I am.... and after we hit it my boyfriend finally got a chance to see what happened and yelled "WHAT THE FUUUUUCK!"

well, there was a van full of high school boys and coach coming back from a track meet behind us... they saw the whole thing and stopped after it happened.

apparently my car was like a shovel... scooped the deer right up and threw it in the air 15 ft. Everyone was saying they saw the deer split into two pieces...

so. my passenger headlight is GONE. ripped the metal cover back so that's on the hood now and i have NO GLASS from the light or anything. nothing but exposed wires.... broke off pieces of the hood, messed up the bumper, and took out the fender. oh and did i mention there's **** all over the windshield and blood everywhere else.

Oh. Keep in mind.... MY CAR WAS ALL REPAINTED TWO WEEKS AGO!!!

car sounds a bit funny under the hood... ran fine the rest of the way back to dubuque... but when it's light out i'll be able to see it better....

pics will be up soon!

I gotta finish up this silo i'm drinking... mmm Bud light... fixes everything and calms me down
Old 04-27-2008, 10:21 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well that sucks, but you said it was a shitty paint job to begin with so i guess fix it and get it repainted professionally.

Quick Reply: Iowa Fastest Cars?