Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 05:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still appreciate cars that weren't built by their owners and are quick. Most of the owners tend to have most knowledge of what is actually done to it.

The only people I dislike are the guys that will claim they built it, yet paid someone else to do it.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by saturnman
hes not going to pull hard when hes not on it thats what im tryin to say but it is all good just wait till it has the next mods and i want to see how many people call him out in person!!
Hey Tarzan let me know when its ready to go.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by saturnman
hes not going to pull hard when hes not on it thats what im tryin to say but it is all good just wait till it has the next mods and i want to see how many people call him out in person!!
i wasn't calling anyone out! wtf! all I did was ask, whats the deal with the srt-4? quit ****** yelling like you got something to prove! I don't recall saying I could beat it. Just knowing what I do about srt's I think it'd be a good race if everything is in working order and he really is at 400whp.

You confuse me. You go out, you race everything in sight. when you lose you go eh, i drive a saturn, of course I was gonna lose, then when you win you talk about how whatever "bad ***" car you beat just lost to a saturn.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JPH
What's for dinner? LOL
Backyard Biscuits and Wheat Grass Juice. Found a leak....fitting coming off the fuel rail to the FPSS and the small allen plug on the side of it. I hope I got them tight enough or they are coming off and the allen head plug is getting more teflon paste!!
Old 09-02-2008, 05:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SS1875
or they are coming off and the allen head plug is getting more teflon paste!!
I never knew they made teflon paste? How does it hold up against fuel?
Old 09-02-2008, 05:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SDB
I always wondered why people didn't do their own psychological/educational/neruological/academic/emotional assessments...why pay someone for that??? Everyone should do their own mental health assessment and treatment, if not your a *****!!!

I love the mentality of build it yourself or else it isnt yours...always killed me! Build it yourself usually means put some parts on a car. Who "built" your block, did you forge it? Did you design the suspension parts your throwing on with tools that someone else designed and built? I put some parts on my Camaro, and paid friends who are mechanics to do the other 90%!

I will say this...in my 18 years of having fast cars and racing/modifying, etc...the fastest cars are almost always the ones that someone had outside work done on...not too many "home built" cars were at the top of the list that I ever saw. There is a reason for that...

I think its cool if you do as much as you can, but to insinuate that if you didn't build it yourself, it somehow doesn't count is as hillbilly as it gets!! I guess I will put a statement in my sig "If you didn't go to school for a long time and don't make six figures and pay someone to work on your car then it doesn't count"

Doing your own work is relaxing to a point, but if you get serious, you will need the experience and talent of someone who does it for a living. Anyone of us here with an air compressor and some grinding tools could port an intake, TB, or even heads...however I would rather pay Al to do it though!
I have to agree with Scott on this one. Except for the part about "Doing your own work is relaxing". No it's not! I find it much more relaxing to drink beer and watch others do the work. I enjoy doing most everything myself but sometimes it's a pain in the ***. As I get older and have less time (read kids) I am always willing to let someone else do the work lol. I think those of us who have been around each other for years remember the day's of making fun of Scott for not building his own Lingenfelter C4. But none of us ever beat him with any of the **** we built.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JPH
Heres a cam I've been thinking of for you?
Custom Crane(what else) 22X/23X .59X/.60X 11X+X (LSHS/HR5)
yah sorry i haven't gotten back to you yet, i've been stupid busy w/ my masters program. i'll probly swing by like friday to talk and figure out what i need/want.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:30 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Lunatic5oh
I never knew they made teflon paste? How does it hold up against fuel?
Basically plumbers pipe dope..it's supposed to be fine as that's what they recommend for the pipe threads on my Nitrous/Fuel lines. I think either I didn't have the fittings tight enough or enough dope on the plug itself. All the other fuel line fittings seems to be doing okay with the paste at this point(knock on wood) I will have to wait and see before saying it will stand up to fuel.

I'm sure others have used it and can tell you better than me how it holds up on the long term.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Th3Cobb
You confuse me. You go out, you race everything in sight. when you lose you go eh, i drive a saturn, of course I was gonna lose, then when you win you talk about how whatever "bad ***" car you beat just lost to a saturn.
2nd best thing Cobb has said
Old 09-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SS1875
Basically plumbers pipe dope..it's supposed to be fine as that's what they recommend for the pipe threads on my Nitrous/Fuel lines. I think either I didn't have the fittings tight enough or enough dope on the plug itself. All the other fuel line fittings seems to be doing okay with the paste at this point(knock on wood) I will have to wait and see before saying it will stand up to fuel.

I'm sure others have used it and can tell you better than me how it holds up on the long term.
I gotcha, does it setup like gasket maker or something?
Old 09-02-2008, 05:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Th3Cobb
i wasn't calling anyone out! wtf! all I did was ask, whats the deal with the srt-4? quit ****** yelling like you got something to prove! I don't recall saying I could beat it. Just knowing what I do about srt's I think it'd be a good race if everything is in working order and he really is at 400whp.

yea it is a joke cause no one would ever think a saturn would do what mine is doin im not saying that my car is fast as hell cause its not and im cool with that and just like to race......and when i said that u lost to a saturn everyone that was there laughed and it was funny and a good time thats what im about
Old 09-02-2008, 05:44 PM
11 Second Club

I gotcha, does it setup like gasket maker or something?

Somewhat similar....the product I used is made by Oatey and it's called Great White Pipe Joint Compound with PTFE ( Lowe's carries it)...flexible white, non-hardening, non-separating paste, withstands up to 3,000 PSI on gases from -50 to +400*F. 10,000 PSI on Liquids from -50 to +500*F.

So hopefully it will br fine for my application.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Starfire1
Hey Tarzan let me know when its ready to go.
lol
Old 09-02-2008, 05:53 PM
Teching In

Sounds like it should be. Only thing I'd worry about is whether it'll cause corrosion in those fittings or not. I've heard nitrous hates Teflon in general and reacts to create a corrosion type of ordeal.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:10 PM
Teching In

Sounds like it should be. Only thing I'd worry about is whether it'll cause corrosion in those fittings or not. I've heard nitrous hates Teflon in general and reacts to create a corrosion type of ordeal.
Nitrous doesnt like teflon and creates a corrosion type deal?
Nitrous doesnt like teflon tape that gets stuck in the plunger seat.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Teching In

I've heard both horror stories. That's why I tried not to use it anywhere on my system. I didn't know if the Teflon and nitrous corrosion thing was true, I just avoided it all together.

I have seen on the used nitrous system I have laying somewhere the threads had Teflon tape on but it's turned into like a green powder; like the color of battery terminal corrosion.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:24 PM
11 Second Club

I know they say no Teflon tape...likes to break of and get into the screens of the Solenoids but I honestly can't say I've heard that it causes a corrosive effect....I will check with my Nitrous Guy on that one, just to be safe.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:28 PM
Teching In

If a piece of teflon tape gets caught in the plunger seat it can cause the solenoid to leak. If you get enough teflon tape to plug a fitting screen you are obviously doing something wrong. You should run a good inline filter and not worry about running screens.
Teflon paste casues NO corrosion or corrosive effect.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:33 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Starfire1
If a piece of teflon tape gets caught in the plunger seat it can cause the solenoid to leak. If you get enough teflon tape to plug a fitting screen you are obviously doing something wrong. You should run a good inline filter and not worry about running screens.
Teflon paste casues NO corrosion or corrosive effect.
NO TAPE in the building of this system, filter is in place...thanks for the info on the paste.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:40 PM
On The Tree

I've heard both horror stories. That's why I tried not to use it anywhere on my system. I didn't know if the Teflon and nitrous corrosion thing was true, I just avoided it all together.

I have seen on the used nitrous system I have laying somewhere the threads had Teflon tape on but it's turned into like a green powder; like the color of battery terminal corrosion.
http://www.permatex.com/products/Aut...ad_Sealant.htm

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!