Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 05:00 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
Roanoke fall festival is going on this weekend. There is a demolition derby at 7pm this saturday. I am planning on being there, and i want to know if anybody else is interested. My thoughts were to stay for the demo derby and then head up to Halls afterwards. Let me know if you are interested.

http://www.discoverroanoke.org/docs/demo_derby_2008.pdf

I am pretty sure my buddy is entering in to this demo derby so I will probably be there. Possibly be part of his "hillbilly pit crue"
Old 09-03-2008, 05:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blackz6sp
It's weird the ones that have been going bad have come from different company's some were a granateli, holley, bbk. All walbro 255's
Yeah, I don't understand it either, unless what The Beast is saying is true, and perhaps theres just a ton of Chinese made ones out there. I know I have two good Walbro's in the Camaro, and they have worked flawlessly for years. Either way its a bad deal. Thanks Nick for the heads up on all this.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:52 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by The Beast
I keep doing searches for T76 turbo's and Supra's keep coming up.... Really makes me think hard, twice, about the next car choice.
You can't get one!!! Because if you get one, then I will be getting a 2nd and 3rd job if I have to so I can also get one! I know I will have one someday, but got to save for a house first. Seriously though, and RX-7 with a built motor, and boost as you want to do it will be just as fast as a Supra, and cost about half as much.

Here's a couple of my favorite fast Supra vids;

crazy fast supra

JC vs. JP (JC in car video of 70-170 race)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaxhKVEb_SA

Last edited by CALL911; 09-03-2008 at 06:00 AM.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CALL911
Yeah, I don't understand it either, unless what The Beast is saying is true, and perhaps theres just a ton of Chinese made ones out there. I know I have two good Walbro's in the Camaro, and they have worked flawlessly for years. Either way its a bad deal. Thanks Nick for the heads up on all this.
No problem.

You can't get one!!! Because if you get one, then I will be getting a 2nd and 3rd job if I have to so I can also get one! I know I will have one someday, but got to save for a house first. Seriously though, and RX-7 with a built motor, and boost as you want to do it will be just as fast as a Supra, and cost about half as much.

Here's a couple of my favorite fast Supra vids;

crazy fast supra

JC vs. JP (JC in car video of 70-170 race)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaxhKVEb_SA
Old 09-03-2008, 06:42 AM
TECH Regular

Ben: YOU CAN SLEEP IN A CAR BUT, YOU CAN'T DRIVE A HOUSE!

Anyway, maybe the fuel pump is what is wrong with my car. It acts like its not getting any fuel because it dies as soon as I open the TB just a little bit.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:13 AM
Teching In

ben: have you yourself fried more than one, or is it a plague of multiple people frying them around here?
Old 09-03-2008, 08:19 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Th3Cobb
ben: have you yourself fried more than one, or is it a plague of multiple people frying them around here?
Ben hasn't fried any yet, and I don't think thats the problem with the car.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:20 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
Roanoke fall festival is going on this weekend. There is a demolition derby at 7pm this saturday. I am planning on being there, and i want to know if anybody else is interested. My thoughts were to stay for the demo derby and then head up to Halls afterwards. Let me know if you are interested.

http://www.discoverroanoke.org/docs/demo_derby_2008.pdf
Originally Posted by tunedports10
I am pretty sure my buddy is entering in to this demo derby so I will probably be there. Possibly be part of his "hillbilly pit crue"
Roanoke sucks! So does the demo derby! Bring back the tractor pulls!
Old 09-03-2008, 08:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My Walbro has been good so far, but I'll be swapping to a Denso (Supra) pump when it dies; they're a little larger, but they seem to be damn near invincible, and they flow an appreciably larger amount. I'm sure Joe can probably get at those as well.

Hmm, we have a bunch of closet Supra guys, I guess I'm the only closet Skyline guy, eh? I like my big turbo inline 6s, but I prefer them to be connected to AWD.

Nick, I vote you get a Supra, it requires less work from me. LOL. J/K.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:50 AM
Teching In

The Fireturd died today. I can start it but it soon just dies again. I will be getting it checked out tomarro, but I am almost suspecting the new fuel pump. More so on the basis that Scott had a bad one, and so did Snapps that got theirs about the same time I got mine. (I'll let you know Joe.)
he was referring to his own ws6 right? I guess after going back and quoting this I answered my own question as to whether he has fried multiple pumps of his own. that rules out my theory of bad wiring. maybe nick is right about the cheap knock offs.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:54 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by digitalsolo

Hmm, we have a bunch of closet Supra guys, I guess I'm the only closet Skyline guy, eh? I like my big turbo inline 6s, but I prefer them to be connected to AWD.
you're not alone. but is it really considered being a closet case fan when you suggest being willing to pick up two more jobs to buy one?
Old 09-03-2008, 09:01 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Sorry boys, I have parties lined up this weekend already. You won't see me, unless my DD takes me up to Halls.

But the demo derby is fun, I believe tractor pulls are on Friday. There's a sign on 24 heading into town from Roanoke that says something about them.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Lunatic5oh
I thought the Walbro's were supposed to be a decent name brand pump. Now I'm wondering if mine is gonna die.

Do they go quiet when they start have trouble; because mine whines very loud at all times?

Well considering Walbro is now all about mass qty. I guess we need to start looking for a manufacturer that doesn't sell to every HP company like they are. Buy a GMS, Holly, Racetronix etc all made by the same manufacturer.

Luckily I have a spare one just incase this one dies out.

And how could you leave shawn out da loop 911? lol
Old 09-03-2008, 09:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Th3Cobb
he was referring to his own ws6 right? I guess after going back and quoting this I answered my own question as to whether he has fried multiple pumps of his own. that rules out my theory of bad wiring. maybe nick is right about the cheap knock offs.
Well I am pretty sure Call 911 knows what he is doing. Don't think you need to make yourself look anymore retarded then you have already.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:23 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Azar
But the demo derby is fun, I believe tractor pulls are on Friday. There's a sign on 24 heading into town from Roanoke that says something about them.
Yeah, the gay tractor pulls are on friday. Lawnmowers and antique tractors.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:36 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ponyhntr
Yeah, the gay tractor pulls are on friday. Lawnmowers and antique tractors.
WHAT? What happened to the sweet ones?
Old 09-03-2008, 09:49 AM
8 Second Club

WHAT? What happened to the sweet ones?
They quit doing those probably at least 10 years ago when they decided to do the hillbilly demo derby.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:50 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

They quit doing those probably at least 10 years ago when they decided to do the hillbilly demo derby.
Shenanigans, I saw those a few years ago. The ones that looked like this

It couldn't have been more than 2 years ago, my dad and I went. They even had bad *** diesel trucks doing pulls.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:01 AM
8 Second Club

Shenanigans, I saw those a few years ago. The ones that looked like this

It couldn't have been more than 2 years ago, my dad and I went. They even had bad *** diesel trucks doing pulls.
My bad, they must have brought back some of them then. I looked up on NTPA's site and it said they would have Super Farm Tractors and 2wd trucks there this year.

Remember, I have not lived in Roanoke for about 5 years, and wasn't able to go to the festival for a couple years before that. When they first started doing the demo derby, they only had antique tractors and lawnmowers doing pulls on Friday.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:34 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

My bad, they must have brought back some of them then. I looked up on NTPA's site and it said they would have Super Farm Tractors and 2wd trucks there this year.

Remember, I have not lived in Roanoke for about 5 years, and wasn't able to go to the festival for a couple years before that. When they first started doing the demo derby, they only had antique tractors and lawnmowers doing pulls on Friday.
Right on, Josh. It's been a while, I'll let it slide.........this time, hombre. When you gonna be back up here? I owe ya at least one for helping me out when I bother you at work.

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!