Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 04:50 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by halucinator
First, we would need a business plan drafted up. Then we would need to pull strings on the county commission and the City Council for it to happen, give them a reason to approve it. I know I can get $20k to start. Someone contact Tony Stewart (I don't know him personally), he could financially back it (Since we know he is about motorsports, Eldora anyone?). Buy Kruse Auction Park and turn it into a drag strip that is used spring through fall.
.81 miles on its stretch Alongside I-69 from C.R. 11A to the creek in the back. All we need is 3/4+- mile for the drag strip. The last question is though, Is this something that can be profitable? I say yes, but only if they can get NHRA and other sanctioned events.

Truthfully, I wish it could happen, but things like this do not ride on hopes and dreams. Only action and smarts. How many people do you think miss having Avilla Dragway?
Build it and they will come...
Old 06-30-2010, 05:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The sheer size of getting this done by myself is impossible. I need people who have connections. Where is drew and kenny? They haven't spoken in forever.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:42 PM
10 Second Club

RM Auctions is buying Kruse's property. Sounded like a done deal on tonight's news.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Couple pics of the BMW on the new wheels w/ the bodywork completed (fixed a bit of rust and put on a new M3 front bumper):

The last pic had a train going by in the background.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:15 AM
On The Tree

Yep, RM auctions is supposed to make the announcement in about 15 minutes.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Blake, I really like the new look of your Beemer!
Old 07-01-2010, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CALL911
Blake, I really like the new look of your Beemer!
Thanks Ben.

It's finally getting close to where I want it to be. I still need to switch to "M" side trim and replace the rubber seals and then the body is good to go. Then it just needs an engine with some power.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Out of curiosity, what kind of gas mileage do you get with that thing?
Old 07-01-2010, 01:51 PM
Staging Lane

He gets 22 Hitlers to the gallon on the highway.LOL
Old 07-01-2010, 03:14 PM
Teching In

How you guys doing? Been a long time since i've been over here. I hear all you guys bichin about no cars out. I'm part of that problem too. Hell, i never even insured my car until the first of June. No reason to insure it while i've got it all torn down. Anyhow, i've cut back my street racing. Mostly since i'm the slowest car in the fort, but mainly since i'm hooked on this AutoX stuff. There is a good crowd out there racing autoX who would be willing to help you with anything. The driving aspect is good as well. Now instead of launching, pedalling and perfectly hitting your gears, you have to brake, set your car up for corners and try not to slide it sideways and hit cones. Its much more interesting then sitting at a lot and then maybe getting a race or two on the street.
Anyhow, there may be a rumor floating around about one of our own building a track for drag racing. I can not say who in respect to him being a good friend, but i can say that it appears that financing won't be an issue.

Have a good one guys! Have a great Independence day Fellas!
Old 07-01-2010, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is he finally getting somewhere on that? I'll admit I am a doubter, but I would LOVE to be proven wrong.

Please tell me if it happens, it's going to be a 1/4 mile...

edit: BTW, if something did come of it... rumor has it I know some guys with some amazing bikes that we might be able to set up a bitchin' exhibition/match race for...
Old 07-01-2010, 07:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Is this the same person who was also supposed to open up the high end car dealership where Dimension Ford West was, but never did?
Old 07-01-2010, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

I remember when the scene was much bigger to at the old Super Shops.....when parking was tight and everyone circled like vultures for a spot. I been by Liberty a few times just to see what or who is out since I dont have a viable car at the moment. I been Jonesen to join everybody. Hopefully I will be out this summer once all the parts from my rusted car are sold and i can install all my motor in my other car. Anyhow I was kinda curious if anyone knows where I might be able to have a Edelbrock super vic intake converted over to LT1 bolt pattern from sbc pattern? Already tried Lingenfelter and C&P, no dice. Hey Blake your Rx has turned out really nice, I really like how ya packaged everything, just one question, how you get a rad and intercooler in there, all I saw was motor and big *** turbos.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:43 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
Is he finally getting somewhere on that? I'll admit I am a doubter, but I would LOVE to be proven wrong.

Please tell me if it happens, it's going to be a 1/4 mile...

edit: BTW, if something did come of it... rumor has it I know some guys with some amazing bikes that we might be able to set up a bitchin' exhibition/match race for...
Originally Posted by The Beast
Is this the same person who was also supposed to open up the high end car dealership where Dimension Ford West was, but never did?
He said he only wanted a 1/4 mile. I know he doesn't want to blow this money that he has aquired, so i'm sure he probably has somebody investigating the legality and fine points of this. And, Its NOT the same guy that wanted a high end stealership.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JPH QUOTE OF THE DAY "They have gotta quit sayin Micro Edge, I feel like I need to shave......I don't understand why you have to have a laptop to turn on a phuckin nitrous system"

LOL
Old 07-02-2010, 12:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Transamthunder
Hey Blake your Rx has turned out really nice, I really like how ya packaged everything, just one question, how you get a rad and intercooler in there, all I saw was motor and big *** turbos.
Thanks. Are you asking about the black car (mine) or the gunmetal car (Nick's)?

Mine has the radiator about 3" forward of stock, with the intercooler in the same place most of the rotary guys put them. Nick's car has the radiator ~6" forward, and the intercooler as far into the bumper as it will fit. On Nick's car, the radiator AND intercooler are literally inside the front bumper.

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
He said he only wanted a 1/4 mile. I know he doesn't want to blow this money that he has aquired, so i'm sure he probably has somebody investigating the legality and fine points of this. And, Its NOT the same guy that wanted a high end stealership.
1/4 mile total, or 1/4 mile + shutdown? I guess what I was saying is I hope it's a 1/4 mile track, not an 1/8 mile track. I'll come watch an 1/8 mile, but I have no desire to race one.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:48 PM
Teching In

1/4 mile + shutdown.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:21 PM
12 Second Club

Any inputs on if this is good or not. Personally I can't tell from the diagrams they give you

Old 07-02-2010, 06:49 PM
Staging Lane

Looks like pinion should move towards the front a little.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:53 PM
10 Second Club

Car's tuned NA. Made 520/470. Big problems with the nitrous wiring. Mike McFarland and Nate did all the wiring and we were all pretty confident it was good-to-go. Nope. Lots of underhood thrashing and jumpers later, it worked. Problem #1 band-aided. Big numbers? Nope. Only picked up 140 on the jets that should have yielded 225 with an AFR around 12.0. Run started good, then the AFR just fell off the cliff down to 10.0 by the end. Bottle pressure was 950 and constant. Only thing left is the nitrous filter. We didn't have time to check it at the dyno because we made our last pull at 5 o'clock straight up.

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!