Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

72Elkytpi dont be fooled by his high trader ratings

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 08:15 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 72Elkytpi dont be fooled by his high trader ratings

I payed for the "caddy lifters" but was sent used stock lifters instead from 72Elkytpi aka
Richard Mark Wesson of
4300 Pinewood Rd.
Melbourne, FL 32934

Paypal info is bloodybrit2@yahoo.com

In this classified ad, that 72Elkytpi (Richard) tried to delete to cover his tracks so that I couldn't point him back to his false advertising. Luckily i got a moderator to reopen the thread, and the images he posted up were of real caddy lifters in post #4. I've added pictures and a screen shot of the ad at the bottom in case the link to the real ad eventually stops working or closed down again in years to come (you can tell by looking at the retaining clip on caddy lifters that they are different with only two pieces of wire from the retaining clip showing as opposed to three like the stock ones) but he sent me stock lifters in the same box pics of them are down below. He obviously didn't think i would notice the switch or didn't care because he leaves it up to paypal to decide and he knows as long as he sends something to my address and shows paypal it delivered they drop the claim. Paypal doesn't care if it wasn't as advertised I end up getting his junk and he gets away with my $$$ SO WATCH OUT FOR THAT! I just found out today that Richard did the same exact thing that he is doing to me to, cheby2, another forum member here in the past. Cheby2 lost for the same reasons mention above, check Richard's iTRADER ratings.
After checking them over as soon as i got them, proved that they were not as advertised. Here is a link posted by Brian Gruben at Scoggin Dickey (Actual Parts Dealer) to show what the caddy lifters look like compared to stock lifters https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ters-sdpc.html.

Even though I probably wont get my money back I'd at least like to clear my name for the negative feedback Richard left on me. I will leave negative feedback on him as well so everyone will know the story and i will link it to this thread.

Stock lifters are on the left in both pictures pulled from the link above

These are the junk used ones with metal shavings in them he sent me

and here are pictures of what 72Elkytpi aka Richard Wesson advertised and a screen shot of the ad

Last edited by Gonoma; 09-13-2010 at 07:58 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for posting this. I was considering making a purchase from him, but now I'm a bit concerned about doing so, and will pursue other sellers. I appreciate the info.

Brad
Old 09-17-2010, 06:17 PM
On The Tree

He is correct I mixed up the lifters and made a mistake, while I had them out of the box wiping them down. I worked a double shift at work and was quite tired when I packaged them up. I didnt realize the mistake until after all this crap between us happened. Hopefully Nineball can fix this as I have emailed him as the moderator to look into cleaning some of this up. Thanks for looking and hopefully I can earn back trust after being on here for almost 5 years and enjoy this forum with the helpful tech discussions.

I deleted the post but left it up as closed so we can all see it and to show that I made the mistake in sending the wrong lifters.

The moderator didnt have to do anything and its still up.

Here's the link and you can see its closed by me not locked by a moderator.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-...s-rockers.html

Rich Wesson
Old 09-17-2010, 09:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My concern is why did the new caddy lifters get taken out of the box in the first place? They were indeed new right? I can understand opening the box to take pictures, but taking them out and putting stock lifters back into it "by mistake" just seems odd. What become of the caddy lifters anyways? Lastly, perhaps the most important question of all, and the one that we'll never know because it can't really be answered... if the purchaser of these lifters had not figured out he received the wrong lifters, would you, Rich, have been honest after figuring out your mistake and told him about it??

I realize it's about $175, which isn't a ton of money as far as automotive stuff goes, but nobody wants to lose $175. Plus I think it's a good thing this was made public because something like this could be done with all sorts of stuff, a block, a camshaft, hell even some heads. If the purchaser of the product doesn't know the difference or can't figure out the difference between a quality part and a part that looks a lot like a quality part (fortunatley Gonoma did notice) it wouldn't be hard for someone to get burnt. Sucks.

Hope all of this gets squared away.

Brad

Last edited by edwardzracing; 09-17-2010 at 09:24 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 72Elkytpi
...I deleted the post but left it up as closed so we can all see it and to show that I made the mistake in sending the wrong lifters.

The moderator didnt have to do anything and its still up.

Here's the link and you can see its closed by me not locked by a moderator.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/negative-...s-rockers.html

Rich Wesson
thats funny because nhra-trans-am who is a moderator told me he opened the thread back up when i messaged him. Unless you are in fact nhra-trans-am which i doubt I just caught you in another lie Rich and for the whole forum to see so dont go back and try to edit that post above. you should probably quit before you dig the hole any deeper

SEE

\/\/\/\/\/\/

Originally Posted by nhra-trans-am
Originally Posted by Gonoma
I need to report a guy to you 72Elkytpi
he was suppose to sell me some caddy lifters which he had pictures showing that he had them but ended up sending me used stock lifters and said he wouldn't refund my money. He deleted the ad he had up in the classifieds and left negative feedback on my itrader rating. What can i do about this guy so nobody else gets cheated by him?
I would start by filing a claim with Paypal if you paid that way. I reopened the thread in case you need that when you are filing a claim
https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...s-rockers.html

I would also create a thread in the negative feedback section to let other users know about him.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/negative-trader-feedback-48/

Last edited by Gonoma; 09-17-2010 at 09:28 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:46 PM
Launching!

and I agree with you brad. Its hard for me to see how somebody could take (16) caddy lifters out of a box to wipe down and "check" for what reason ill never know. Then manage to somehow stick (16) screwed up STOCK lifters that were supposedly "check" and wiped down into that same exact box. Its not even like some of them were mix matched with some caddy and some stock lifters. They were all 16 unusable stock lifters.

As you can see as i pointed out above this guy can not be trusted and everyone should put that into consideration when you're if you are going to buy something from him.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:13 PM
Teching In

Sorry Rich , I've got to call BS on this one , sounds like you dealing finally caught up to you and you're trying to do some major damage control here ! That dog don't hunt !

Guys , this guy did did something VERY simular to me with some QA1 coilovers back in 09 , so now I'm going to do what I should have done then , tell everyone who will listen ! Look for my thread shortly !
Old 09-18-2010, 11:13 AM
On The Tree

well I did leave it posted up as there are 2 options, delete message or leave message. But thats fine that you contacted the moderator. Here is my initial issue with this sale, before all this back and forth and 3 guys jumping in to have some fun at anothers expense.

I shipped parts to Dan and they arrive on Sept 11, same day I get this email from paypal that you tried to say I broke into your paypal and made "unauthorized access to his PayPal account" What I am to think with an email like this. Please explain this one away!!

Subject: PayPal Notification: Temporary Hold Pending Investigation (Routing Code: C840-L001-Q410-T3325)
To: "RICHARD WESSON" <bloodybrit2@yahoo.com>
Date: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 4:27 PM

Hello RICHARD WESSON,

Recently, PayPal received a notification from a user regarding unauthorized access to his PayPal account. As a result, one of the payments credited to your PayPal account has been placed in a temporary hold while we investigate the claim. PayPal constantly monitors transactions for unauthorized use of accounts in order to maintain the safety of our users.

The details of this transaction are as follows:

Transaction Date: Sep 6, 2010
Transaction Amount: $150.00 USD
Buyer's Email: DANTHEMANisnumber1@rock.com

If you have already shipped goods related to this transaction, you may be covered under PayPal's Seller Protection Policy. Please provide PayPal with the following information:
Old 09-18-2010, 05:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

@72
The thing is, if all is well and good and you realized you made a mistake on what you sent him, why would you leave him a negative feedback? He opened a case because he didn't get what you were selling right? The feedback you left him is unwarranted and makes you look a real winner
Old 09-18-2010, 09:11 PM
Launching!

If you agree Rich that you sent the wrong lifters then where are the ones i paid for???

also the reason I opened the claim as an unauthorized claim is because the way i sent the money it was the only way i could open one in hopes of getting my money back. So i did what i had to do. You can look at any of the other 6 purchases I've made after only being on here for 6-7 months and see I've bought items anywhere from $300-$600 and never tried to take those guys money because they sent what they were suppose to

Last edited by Gonoma; 09-18-2010 at 09:18 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Did you ever get the right lifters? Update?
Old 10-13-2010, 06:53 AM
Launching!

Nope never heard anything else out of him about them he sent me half my money back and told me he would send the other half if i took down this negative feedback on him and sent those crappy lifters he sent me back to him. I didn't trust the guy for obvious reasons and figured as soon as i took this thread down I'd never hear anything else out of him or my money.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:28 AM
Launching!

Just bumping this up to help warn people
Old 12-01-2010, 01:53 PM
Launching!

UPDATE:

I received this form Richard this morning

cadillac lifters bought by Duntov1967 and he can vouche for my character, thanks for ruining a great feedback, this all could have been avoided, have a merry christmas
Rich

So apparently he was holding onto them and ended up selling them to someone else and still blames me for the bad feedback for him not sending what he advertised. It took forever before he admitted that he sent the wrong ones and even then he never offered to send me the right ones. So I'm out half my money ($75) and he just sold the lifters to someone else to make extra profit.

AVOID THIS GUY AT ALL COSTS!
Old 12-01-2010, 02:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow. Definitely sounds like a total douchebag. Sounds like he sent you that just to spite you, for the purpose of being an ******* and nothing else.
Unless they were a different set. But he still screwed you over regardless.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:22 PM
Teching In

Whats sad is he will still be on here with stuff for sale. Nothing will be done about it.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:06 AM
On The Tree

I am not here to judge the buyer or seller on this matter. It appears to me that some excess testosterone was in play all around. Go figure........ car guys with testosterone, LOL.

I purchased a 6.0 crate block from this seller (Rich) and paid via PayPal. BTW, I read this thread before making the purchase. A few days later I went to pick up the block at his house. While I was there, I saw more items that I needed for my build but hadn't taken any serious cash with me because I hadn't planned on buying anything else. I ended up wanting the caddy lifters, engine covers, 6.125" rods, etc. He just handed them all over to me and said send me a PayPal payment later. Wow, how many people would do that?

Rich isn't some punk kid. He has a engineering degree, works at one of the largest high tech companies in the world, has tons of expensive cars and trucks, owns many acres with a working horse stable business, big house and a cool 'stang with an LS stroker. He has absolutely no reason to rip someone off for a lousy $150. Yes, there was probably some confusion but this situation is ridiculous to have been escalated to this level. It kinda reminds me of the court case about a trash pile in the Alice's Restaurant song. LOL. If you younger guys haven't heard the song, do so, it is hilarious.

My guess is that if everyone involved was at a bar drinking together, there would be a lot of laughter over this. Time to get on with life.

Last edited by Duntov1967; 12-03-2010 at 09:13 AM.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:54 AM
11 Second Club

But still, if the seller did not send the buyer the correct caddy lifters after the mistake was realized. Then that is bad on the seller. The Seller should have sent him the correct lifters and asked the buyer to send back the wrong ones once he receives the correct ones. And the seller holding out is not cool.
Things like this make me not want buy things off here. So far I have been very lucky.
What ever came about with a paypal dispute?
Old 12-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Staging Lane

He still screwed guy over. Basically those caddy lifters you have are stolen property.......
Old 12-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Launching!

I caught him in several lies during the whole dispute. THAT is enough for me to not trust him. This thread is here simply warn people of some of his past dealings with people. What people choose to do from there is up to them if they want to deal with him. You can lead a horse to water...but you can't make them drink.

As I said before. I sent Richard a PM (before I even posted this thread) with the pictures that I posted above of the ones he sent and the ones he advertised and pointed out the differences but he wouldn't admit that they were the wrong lifters until way after i posted this thread.

And i don't see how him having all that **** makes him trustworthy. Donald Trump has a bunch of buildings and what not tied up but he doesn't have the actual money to pay bills. That is why he has gone bankrupt before. The same thing could just as easily apply for Rich. After all he claimed he lost his job and that was the reason he was selling all the stuff including the caddy lifters back when I purchased from him. So obviously he needed cash and what better way to make cash then by pretending to sell one thing and send another thing of lesser value. Then still have the more expensive item to resale again to some one like you. The thing is that I caught on to his game and made it open so everyone can see what to watch out for. Its not like I was the only person he did it to either. History has been known to repeat itself just like it did with me and cheby2

I also like how you read this thread before you purchased anything from him and knew that I had an issue still unresolved with the caddy lifters and you still bought them from him.

I refuse to let it go though because he got the better end out of the deal even though he sent me half the money back. If I was someone that was making all this up I don't think that it would be worth the time to posting here because obviously im not going to get the lifters I paid for back, and I probably wont get the other half of my money back either. So all I can do is keep warning people about him so they don't get hustled by him too. Its the only logical way that I feel like I can get my $75 worth back.

Quick Reply: 72Elkytpi dont be fooled by his high trader ratings