Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Jeremy Boudreau aka RippinZ121 Sold me junk

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 06:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeremy Boudreau aka RippinZ121 Sold me junk

I recently bought a complete AC system from a for sale thread that RippinZ121 had posted. I sent him several PM's asking if the AC system was completely assembled and he assured me that it was. When I received and opened the boxes (which had virtually no packing material in them) I was surprised that the boxes contained the disassembled heater core, but RippinZ121 told me in a later PM that this was the only way to ship it

There are numerous pieces that are cracked and a couple that even have holes on them. It is quite obvious that these pieces broke when the heater was removed from the car, it looks like they were pried on. All the wires and lines have been cut which means I have to buy all new wiring and tubbing. The compressor looks like its been sitting in a puddle of water for awhile, but RippinZ121 told me that's its rusty because it has been sitting on a shelf in his shed

This system is 100% useless to me, or probably anyone that needs the whole system. I have gone as far as offering to pay to ship these items back to RippinZ121 (which is above and beyond what I should have to do IMO) but he told me that he has no use for it and doesn't want it back.

I have been a member of this site for over 6 years and have bought/sold numerous items, and have 77 positive feedbacks with not one negative. It's obvious that I am not here to lie or jerk people around, you can ask anyone that I've done business with that. I've sold small items all the way up to motors and cars and if there was ever an issue I always made it right!

Just wanted to let anyone know that might be doing business with Jeremy Boudreau in the future, they might want to think twice.

I will post pics of all this stuff tomorrow when the lighting is better.

Thanks, Mike
Old 10-19-2010, 02:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a damned shame!!!

I've had nothing BUT flawless deal with you Mike, and would gladly do more again in the future buddy. Hpefully this guy gets his head on straight and refunds your money at the very LEAST.

Definitely one of the easiest and most straight up guys I have ever dealt with here y'all, DONT let this gripe tarnish Mike, he's not a *****. Well ok, maybe a *****, but not a douchebag that you should expect to have a hard time dealing with. Just busting yer ***** as usual Mike.

Hopefully this will get sorted out, i hate to even make a complaint for fear that nobody will deal with me because I had an HONEST gripe. I can guarantee you aint out of line, and it sounds like this tool knew what he was doing all along. Roadtrip?
Old 10-23-2010, 09:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

well....rippinz or jeremy is a really good friend of mine, and a part owner of our shop. He is a super honest person that goes to school full time, works his *** off and always ends up getting fucked! FIRST, i was one of the 4 people AT the shop preping his car for pinks. I first hand seen all of the ac come out also...lol the **** layed around the parts room next to my parts where ive kept over 16k worth of turbo **** and motors in....so not evin dust gets in there. Now he did move it to his house where he put it in his shed BUT it is by no means a old or dirty shed rather a small garage and only for a couple months max.

If you can, can you post up some of the pics of the parts and box it was shipped in? I know we clipped vaccume hose but nothing a connector could not fix! As far as the rusty compressor its aluminuim and they always look like **** unless you keep them clean.

If you could just post some pics and let me see them that would be great
Old 10-31-2010, 04:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ok first of all, you should not be posting my full name. It is not allowed and I do not want it on here. I would list it in my profile if that were the case. Hence, why we create screen names.

But anyways, I never said the system was completely assembled. I said it was all included but nowhere that it was all buttoned up. That would be insane to ship. It was hard enough as it is and ended up costing more then I quoted you. So I lost on that, PLUS that you did not include the 3% PayPal fee. Since you have "such a high trader rating" then obviously you have delt with PayPal quite a bit and should know to include the fee. However, I did not specifically ask for it so I am not going to b***h about it like you are b***hing about things that were not brought up. And as far as the packing goes, the big box with he compressor and everything was packed by the shipping department at my moms work. A professional business packed the items in so I can assure you that they were not just thrown together and damaged.

As far as the condition of the product goes, there were no holes. Cracks MIGHT have been possible if they were very slight but there was nothing at all that caught the eye and would be unacceptable. Everything was in 100% working order. ONLY the lines for the vaccum controls were clipped, but they were not destroyed. I could not reach everything so I clipped them right at the connector so there should still be PLENTY of room to take the old peice off and push on the remaining line. The compressor was rusty, yes. But it still works. It was not sitting in any type of puddle or any water. It is metal, take a f**king wire brush and clean it off. It is not my responsibility to make all of the parts show-room clean for you.

As far as "peices missing," you are reffering to the tiny screws that hold some of the plastic peices together. I did not take every scew off and put it in a cup to save. Between taking tiny screws off while this thing is still in the car, and vacuuming up the carpet, I did not have time to get a flashlight and spend an hour looking for a couple scews. They are just BASIC HARDWARE SCREWS that can be picked up at Menards for...I'd say about $3.00. You want to be technical about it, take the $9.00 that should have been included with PayPal and go buy them.

You got the package for a good deal anyway I dont know why you are complaining. You are over-reacting about petty BS. If you have such high standards for your USED PARTS then maybe you should ask for pictures and be a little more specific. This was a bad deal and I think we both should learn from it but dont try to ruin my reputation because you think you did not get a fair deal. How about we grow up and worry about thinks a little more important buddy.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:54 AM
Banned

I'd say Zspot got ripped from the start.. 300$ for an AC system that most guys freaking discard when upgrading? (300$ x 3% paypal fee = 9$)

And yeah that's BS if you payed THAT much for the system and it had cracks, missing hardware, wires cut, and rust. I would say Rippin should issue a partial refund at the very least.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Young camaro, put the bifocals on.

1.) It was sold for $200(shipped) not $300.
2.) If $200 is a rip-off that would be up to him to determine. He did not have to buy my parts.
3.) Again, as stated above, that cracks were not visible upon original shipment of the product.
4.) Are 15 3/8" screws that big of a deal? Really? (Everyone please comment. I am curious.)
5.) Im pretty sure even if the compressor was still on the car, it would be rusty. Never heard of Chicago winters with the salt? Let me inform: there is ALOT! You've never seen/sold a rusty exhaust system? Something that is also steel, and exposed to conditions?
Old 11-03-2010, 10:59 PM
Banned

You said yourself the 9$ should have been included with paypal, 3% of 300 is 9. So maybe you made a mistake sir. Bifocals? I'm 20.

Even so, 200$ is a rip off. That may be the buyers fault. Whatever.

Bottom line is - You made a killing. You sold him an AC system with cracks. Tubing is cut? Why did you cut the tubing? The missing hardware is no big deal but if it was properly removed from the car you wouldn't be missing any hardware (which it obviously wasn't, it was hacked out).

If it was sold as a complete system, and the tubing was hacked, that makes it an incomplete system. For 200$ you shouldn't have to go out and buy replacement tubing and hardware.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Young camaro
You said yourself the 9$ should have been included with paypal, 3% of 300 is 9. So maybe you made a mistake sir. Bifocals? I'm 20.

Even so, 200$ is a rip off. That may be the buyers fault. Whatever.

Bottom line is - You made a killing. You sold him an AC system with cracks. Tubing is cut? Why did you cut the tubing? The missing hardware is no big deal but if it was properly removed from the car you wouldn't be missing any hardware (which it obviously wasn't, it was hacked out).

If it was sold as a complete system, and the tubing was hacked, that makes it an incomplete system. For 200$ you shouldn't have to go out and buy replacement tubing and hardware.

I think you're missing the point. this product was sold used which right there basically says that it might not be 100% perfect. If I purchased this thing used as long as I could get it to run i would be set. If I had to buy a couple screws then so be it. If the buyer was extremely concerned then he should have asked for very detailed pics. Price has nothing to do with it and shouldn't be brought up. If its over priced so what... people try to get massive amounts for half there used parts. If the buyer didn't like it, nobody forced him to send the payment. Used part is a used part, If the unit didn't work then i would say its a completely different story.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

It appears we are also waiting on these pics of the massive cracks and completely rusted out unit.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry guys I have been out of town on business and offline during that time. I will have the picture's posted up tomorrow.

Just got home, so I will address some of the comments in this thread tomorrow.

Thanks, Mike Doyle (since you're so worried about full names).
Old 11-04-2010, 09:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok 1st off the reason I didn't ask for pictures was due to you saying it was complete (my fault on that, guess you can't trust anyone's word anymore). If the package was packed by a professional shipping department, someone should lose their job. One of the boxes contained 1, 2'x2' piece of bubble wrap and 1 small inflated fedex bag. The other box contained no packing material. I don't expect used items to be perfect, but I do however expect them to be serviceable as stated. There were more than vacuum lines cut, but I will show those problems in the pictures. As for you now complaining about your 3% paypal fee, get ******* real. I have more than 5 times the amount of transactions as you! If a paypal fee is negotiated and its stated before the deal is secured, so please let that one go. Honestly its not just the screws that makes me call this item incomplete (I could give a **** about the $3 it would cost me to replace them). Since you say this item is completely usable you should have no problem reselling the item which is why I don't understand why you won't do a refund and let me ship it back to you (even after I offered to pay return shipping). The pictures show cracked plastic, holes, and cuts wire's and you might say, "all you need is to buy something small to put it back together". However I shouldn't have to do any of that since you sold this to me as complete. Regardless of the price I paid, I did not get what you advertised/what I paid for. If there is nothing wrong with this stuff (as you say) refund my money, I will pay for return shipping and we can be done with this "misunderstanding". If you're a stand up guy like your buddy says, that should be more than fair to both of us. You can resell this item to someone else, since there is nothing wrong with it. Ball is in your court sir, time to do the right thing.

Mike
Old 11-04-2010, 09:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

First set
Attached Thumbnails Jeremy Boudreau aka RippinZ121 Sold me junk-100_3764.jpg   Jeremy Boudreau aka RippinZ121 Sold me junk-100_3769.jpg   Jeremy Boudreau aka RippinZ121 Sold me junk-100_3772.jpg   Jeremy Boudreau aka RippinZ121 Sold me junk-100_3773.jpg   Jeremy Boudreau aka RippinZ121 Sold me junk-100_3774.jpg  

Old 11-04-2010, 09:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

2nd set
Attached Thumbnails Jeremy Boudreau aka RippinZ121 Sold me junk-100_3775.jpg   Jeremy Boudreau aka RippinZ121 Sold me junk-100_3777.jpg   Jeremy Boudreau aka RippinZ121 Sold me junk-100_3778.jpg   Jeremy Boudreau aka RippinZ121 Sold me junk-100_3779.jpg   Jeremy Boudreau aka RippinZ121 Sold me junk-100_3781.jpg  

Old 11-04-2010, 09:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

3rd set
Attached Thumbnails Jeremy Boudreau aka RippinZ121 Sold me junk-100_3782.jpg   Jeremy Boudreau aka RippinZ121 Sold me junk-100_3787.jpg   Jeremy Boudreau aka RippinZ121 Sold me junk-100_3788.jpg   Jeremy Boudreau aka RippinZ121 Sold me junk-100_3789.jpg   Jeremy Boudreau aka RippinZ121 Sold me junk-100_3790.jpg  

Old 11-04-2010, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Final set
Attached Thumbnails Jeremy Boudreau aka RippinZ121 Sold me junk-100_3791.jpg   Jeremy Boudreau aka RippinZ121 Sold me junk-100_3792.jpg   Jeremy Boudreau aka RippinZ121 Sold me junk-100_3793.jpg  
Old 11-04-2010, 11:47 PM
Teching In

Pictures are worth a thousand words. You got screwed man.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That compressor does look pretty bad. I have mine from my car that has been sitting for 2 years and it doesn't look anywhere near that bad.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:20 AM
Teching In

Yeah I think you got the shaft. The clutch on that A/c compresor probably cycles well from all the rust, and it appears the front seal is leaking. Also a very nice busted heater box!
Old 11-07-2010, 06:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I wonder if ttranssam, Lambert695, or RippinZ121 will post in here now that the pics are up? Seems kinda strange how quick they were to come to their "friends" defense but now that the pics of this crap is out there, nothing from the peanut gallery. I guess I'm not surprised, but if they do chime in I'm sure they'll say that it wasn't that way before or something.

Last edited by zspot98; 11-07-2010 at 02:32 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dude you got shafted. Even if those pieces were not cracked when he shipped them and they broke on the way to you, it is still his responsibility. Those items belong to him until they get to your house and it is his responsibility to insure items if he doesn't want them to break during shipment. I would dispute it via paypal since he doesn't want cooperate. As of November 1st palpal covers message forum transactions.

Stephen

Quick Reply: Jeremy Boudreau aka RippinZ121 Sold me junk