Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Head/Cam Combo...

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 10:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Head/Cam Combo...

I have had my 99 T/A M6 about a month now and I am now ready to start modding... Im lookin to do my heads and cam to start... But dont know where to go from here, should I keep the stock heads and just have them ported or just buy a set of heads? I am thinking of going with a TSP MS3 cam and a either a Fast intake or a LS6 intake... Im just looking for the best set-up my plan is sticking to all motor for now... Like I said I dont know where to start any info would be appreciated.....
Old 11-17-2009, 10:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-ls1-o...anna-fast.html

Talk to some of the vendors, TSP like you mentioned.Also, you could get patrick g or predator z to spec you out a cam for your needs. As far as heads it all depends on your budged. You probably have 853 heads on it being a 99, so you could step up to ported 243 or 5.3 heads. Even more than that you could do trickflows,afr's, or masts, just depends on your budged. Keep in mind you are going to have to fork out for supporting mods to get the most of the combo
Old 11-17-2009, 10:23 PM
Teching In

Yeah as far as the budget there is not one I just want the best set-up and I want it done correctly.... Like I said just dont know where to begin dont know a lot about LS engines but Im tryin to learn... I came over from rustangs and have to say ill never go back.... Jdiddy thanks for the info was helpful...
Old 11-17-2009, 10:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This may be a dumb question: Did I see this car for sale on Dallas Craig's list?
Old 11-17-2009, 10:35 PM
Teching In

Lol Yeah I had it on there because I thought I was going to have to sell it to help out my parents get out out of a sticky situation but its lookin like Im not going to have to... I just got the car and its my dream car and it was killin me to put it for sale but you do what you gotta to help your fam....
Old 11-17-2009, 10:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99REDTRANSWS6
Yeah as far as the budget there is not one I just want the best set-up and I want it done correctly.... Like I said just dont know where to begin dont know a lot about LS engines but Im tryin to learn... I came over from rustangs and have to say ill never go back.... Jdiddy thanks for the info was helpful...
If I was going to do another car and money was not an object, the car would have full suspension, fast 92/92 trick flows, pat g cam, built t56 with a monster in it, midwest fab nine, 1 7/8 headers with true duals and cutouts and magnaflows, and some billet specialties and crush some folks. Of course you have to get odds and ends. rod bots, fuel pump, injectors, lid, etc.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

If you're going heads/cam and plan on spending time at the track, I'd start with a Midwest fab 9
Old 11-18-2009, 12:41 PM
11 Second Club

id say read ..do ur research..as far as cams and where u looking to make power matching that with ur gears . usually big cams work well with six speeds... heads flow numbers with intake ull be running .. things like that and come up with a good setup on ur own...
Old 11-19-2009, 12:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Haha, I'm glad you got to keep your ride. The tranny swap is what reminded me of the ad. I stalked Dallas Craig's List for about a month straight. I could've told you about every T/A on there. LOL. Good luck with the H/C!
Old 11-19-2009, 09:23 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nightmare23
id say read ..do ur research..as far as cams and where u looking to make power matching that with ur gears . usually big cams work well with six speeds... heads flow numbers with intake ull be running .. things like that and come up with a good setup on ur own...
Large cams can work very well with auto cars as well, you just have to run the correct combination of parts to make them work well!

For something like the MS3, you can run the PRC Stage 2.5 LS6 or 5.3L heads, and retain enough clearance that flycutting your pistons will not be necessary. Keep in mind you'll need extra gearing for a 6 speed car (preferably not in the stock 10 bolt since it's very weak) and a good clutch to hold the power, and in an auto car extra gearing and a higher RPM stall converter to get you into that tall powerband.

Let us know if you have any questions about your build. We'll be glad to help

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 11-19-2009, 09:04 PM
Teching In

I hontestly dont care which cam I get I just want the best heads/cam set-up for the best hp gains and best drivability....Ive been on the texas speed website and putting together the right combo dont know which LSA, if I need a new timing chain mine has a new one on it, push rod length just dont wanna pick the wrong parts... Im very iterested in the LS6 head/cam package just need a lil push in the right direction lol....
Old 11-19-2009, 09:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

---> vendors are here to assist you.