New Orleans Put the greasy talk here...PiMp

shreveport/bossier hang out!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hay someone say that got slp parts for sale !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-25-2009, 10:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Who else has a veriaty of parts like SLP? Granatelli is the closest as far as i know and they are good too but like i stated before i want "almost" everything to be the same brand on the car.

KOOKS..Performance exhaust
AFR.....Induction
MTI...?
flowtech...Performance exhaust
MSD....Performance ignition
SLP.... Exhaust, induction, ect
Old 03-25-2009, 10:10 PM
12 Second Club

Ehhh...see sig..
Old 03-25-2009, 10:11 PM
TECH Resident

I took my ported stock MAF off and put a SLP MAF on mine on the dyno and lost 12rwhp, then we put it on two other buddy's cars and it lost 8 on one and 12 on the other. Go figure

That was way back before tuning was possible. It was causing knock according to autotap
Old 03-25-2009, 10:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What about it?
Old 03-25-2009, 10:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok after reading all of 3 pages of stuff I've missed let's see if I can add my .02.

First, Steve the posts you quoted from dumbass was when he went one night at test and tune. The day he ran the 12.8 was on our first LS1 Tech race we ever put on and the track was actually VHT'd that day so everyone was hooking (even on street tires). He ran actually ran a 13.1 to start and after a few passes he worked his way down to the 12.8. Not long, and I'm talking maybe a week or two at most he traded the car in and was never on tech again. Believe me or not I know what I saw and was just as surprised with disbelief as you were when I told you that.

Chazz, it's good to have high hopes for your car, but seeing how you've never been on the track with that car I would say think a little higher on your times. Trust me, it's not the same on the track as it is on the street. That 6 speed car is gonna through your *** around on the inside and I'm not the only 6 speed guy that's gonna tell you that. It literally is the most fun you'll ever have wrestling.

Shane, I'm not dawging SLP, but I know as well as everyone else on here that it's overpriced for the most part. I woke up from my SLP dream when I saw that you had to buy the header install kit separate from the header WTF is that BS about? If that's what you want then by all means get it. I along with the other guys know what it's like to spend extra money only to find out it wasn't worth it when something cheaper will produce the same result. Basically, I'm just trying to look out for your wallet bro.

Chris A, I got tied up with family and yard work this weekend so I'm gonna catch up with you next week on the ET's so I can get the tubes in and get you your ET's back. I don't like to borrow stuff as it is and I've had them longer than I anticipated.

Back to Steve, I'm gonna stick to my original plan with the street tires next time we go. Although I didn't put all this money into the car to be fast on the street, but I am curious to know about what it would run in street trim. My goal for the car was to be a well built street car that I could run somewhere in the 11's at the strip and still drive it whereever and whenever I pleased. I have achieved that goal, but am a man of my word and the next time we go I will be on street tires and will be driving it to the track.

BTW, my above posts are JMHO about how I feel and nothing else. I like to help as much as possible and just wanted to throw my opinions and statements out there. Damn my fingers are tired lol.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:17 PM
11 Second Club

Josh whats the point of running the tubes?
Old 03-25-2009, 10:17 PM

Yea your right ... U know after all the money that goes in these cars you would think your getting closer to your goal but i guess that would make it to easy my freind... U guyz think i should see a big diffrnce putting these 3.73 gears??
Old 03-25-2009, 10:20 PM
11 Second Club

Looks like there will be a little grudge racing among friends on the 5th. I will see everyone there and hopefully I can put some power to the ground. Tires are in and mounted. Shocks and coilovers will be installed this weekend along with removing the front swaybar....
Old 03-25-2009, 10:21 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Chazz-SS
Yea your right ... U know after all the money that goes in these cars you would think your getting closer to your goal but i guess that would make it to easy my freind... U guyz think i should see a big diffrnce putting these 3.73 gears??
ehh...didnt you have 3.42's to begin with?
Old 03-25-2009, 10:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blue98Z
Shane, I'm not dawging SLP, but I know as well as everyone else on here that it's overpriced for the most part. I woke up from my SLP dream when I saw that you had to buy the header install kit separate from the header WTF is that BS about? If that's what you want then by all means get it. I along with the other guys know what it's like to spend extra money only to find out it wasn't worth it when something cheaper will produce the same result. Basically, I'm just trying to look out for your wallet bro.
I understand that, and thanks for looking out. Its just my preference and nothing else. Call it what you will but its just me. Im not looking to have everything on this car SLP before new years. It might take 5 years or even 10 but when its done ill be the one happy and thats what counts. As far as performing the same as other brand oh well. My car started out life as a formula (found out today) Not its basically a WS6 minus the vin. Wheels, hood, badges, and whatever else is in it. But when i say i have a WS6 TA whos gunna ? it?
Old 03-25-2009, 10:22 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BadAssBowties
What about it?
As in not one part on my car shares the brand name of another. And FWIW my MAF is GM stock off of a Pontiac GTO. By the way, visit slpshop.com and notice what site it forwards you to. You'll discover that 95% of their products are other name brands.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by taws6m6
Josh whats the point of running the tubes?
I have a hole in one of my ET's. The tire still has alot of tread left so, it was cheaper to buy the tube than a tire.

Originally Posted by Chazz-SS
You will feel a differnce, but 4.10's with the 6 speeds is the way to go. Neck snapping good time with 4.10's.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by cainsw
Mine made 329hp and 318 tq what a turd!
thats true.....on the dyno. one thing all auto guys must understand is auto cars arent dyno queens, that is unless you have a triple disc $1200 converter that you can lock on the dyno and while racing. the 3000+ posts i have arent just a coincidence. i have read and learned about every possible part imaginable and still continue to learn. that being said i have one of the highest IQs of "book" knowledge of prolly anyone in this section. what i dont have is the hands on experience and track experience that a lot of the other guys have. i still learn everyday about all kinds of stuff partaining to these cars. there is a wealth of knowledge here from some very experienced guys that have been doing this since before i even knew what the hell an LS1 was. in the end, everyone can do whatever the hell it is they want. but i have learned that no matter what brand name parts you have or whether you have a 6 speed, 4l60, 4l80, th350, a well thought out, well put together combination is what will always suceed in the end.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:28 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
thats true.....on the dyno. one thing all auto guys must understand is auto cars arent dyno queens, that is unless you have a triple disc $1200 converter that you can lock on the dyno and while racing. the 3000+ posts i have arent just a coincidence. i have read and learned about every possible part imaginable and still continue to learn. that being said i have one of the highest IQs of "book" knowledge of prolly anyone in this section. what i dont have is the hands on experience and track experience that a lot of the other guys have. i still learn everyday about all kinds of stuff partaining to these cars. there is a wealth of knowledge here from some very experienced guys that have been doing this since before i even knew what the hell an LS1 was. in the end, everyone can do whatever the hell it is they want. but i have learned that no matter what brand name parts you have or whether you have a 6 speed, 4l60, 4l80, th350, a well thought out, well put together combination is what will always suceed in the end.
+1
Old 03-25-2009, 10:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by blue98Z
I have a hole in one of my ET's. The tire still has alot of tread left so, it was cheaper to buy the tube than a tire.

You will feel a differnce, but 4.10's with the 6 speeds is the way to go. Neck snapping good time with 4.10's.
Or the 4.30's if you want to ruin a perfectly good set of streets
Old 03-25-2009, 10:30 PM
11 Second Club

You will feel a differnce, but 4.10's with the 6 speeds is the way to go. Neck snapping good time with 4.10's.[/QUOTE]

He has a stock 10bolt.... 4.10 would be a bad idea. he is putting down about 360 to the tires. In monroe, at that track.... HIS **** WOULD BREAK!
Old 03-25-2009, 10:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by nitrobusa
Looks like there will be a little grudge racing among friends on the 5th. I will see everyone there and hopefully I can put some power to the ground. Tires are in and mounted. Shocks and coilovers will be installed this weekend along with removing the front swaybar....
i dont even know this guy very well but you wanna know what works talk to him. i saw him baby his car off the line then rip a new Z06s ******* apart going down the strip. if i was the vette owner i would have been quite embarassed....all that motor and HP didnt mean ****.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
i dont even know this guy very well but you wanna know what works talk to him. i saw him baby his car off the line then rip a new Z06s ******* apart going down the strip. if i was the vette owner i would have been quite embarassed....all that motor and HP didnt mean ****.
You could do the same if you bought all my nitrous stuff.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Quick Reply: shreveport/bossier hang out!