Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Orygun guys?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 10:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I got on it today doing about 55- 125ish in 4th. Wow is all I have to say. spun a little then hooked and pulled till the shift light came on and I decided to let off. I see no reason I shouldnt be able to run low 11's with this setup.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zlicious94
My present is to finally put all the new parts that I have gathered over the last couple years but never had any $ to put em on. So the new I will have next year is: strano springs,bilstein shocks,motive 4.10's,new drilled-slotted rotors,and hawk hps pads!!! Should be like a whole new car for me! Oh 12.7@109 here I come lol!!
sounds like a good goal. im lookin to get in the low 11's by next summer with the future mods in my sig
Old 12-22-2009, 01:15 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6
Pretty cool man!! Did that come from a SC or a Pontiac? Should look right at home your V6 in the camaro.

Mike
Came out of a late model Pontiac GTP. Gonna be a neat setup, going to try to make mid 300's for power at the tires. Meaning mid 12's. Pretty fast for a six with a subwoofer and AC Biggest thing will be trying to fit an intercooler under the blower, going to have to hack up the cowl though for more height clearance (need 1 inch more). If I get it working, it'll be the first intercooled m90 veesix camaro in the country, or ever for that matter.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by musicman
Came out of a late model Pontiac GTP. Gonna be a neat setup, going to try to make mid 300's for power at the tires. Meaning mid 12's. Pretty fast for a six with a subwoofer and AC Biggest thing will be trying to fit an intercooler under the blower, going to have to hack up the cowl though for more height clearance (need 1 inch more). If I get it working, it'll be the first intercooled m90 veesix camaro in the country, or ever for that matter.
Dude, I love your project that thing is gonna be awsome!! Mid 12's is gonna take a serious 60ft time though! I make 341 to the rear and you see my time in sig with a 1.9 60ft, but good luck to ya musicman we should be a good race next year its gonna be a fun one again I can tell!!
Old 12-22-2009, 12:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by smokinponcho73
So I got on it today doing about 55- 125ish in 4th. Wow is all I have to say. spun a little then hooked and pulled till the shift light came on and I decided to let off. I see no reason I shouldnt be able to run low 11's with this setup.
Nice! I gotta get a ride in that thing man!! Sounds like its scary fast now!!
Old 12-22-2009, 12:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 02sslayer
sounds like a good goal. im lookin to get in the low 11's by next summer with the future mods in my sig
Daam bra your car is gonna be sick with all those mods! What the hell, you hit the lottery or something lol!? Hows winter treatin ya up north there?
Old 12-23-2009, 08:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by smokinponcho73
Of course you are going to spin with this weather outside Sounds fun man can't wait to check it out this Spring.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:04 PM
On The Tree

this is sick it sounds like everyones gonna be in the 12's or lower by spring summer! any one herd from ssteven? i think hes one here less than i am.. i am curious if he ever got around to putting that MS3 in .i know he talked about selling it. by spring im hoping to have a intake and bigger tb and a good tune on my car. my teacher is pumped to help me tune my car at school. HP tuners here we come!
Old 12-23-2009, 03:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zlicious94
Daam bra your car is gonna be sick with all those mods! What the hell, you hit the lottery or something lol!? Hows winter treatin ya up north there?
no dident hit the lottery lol, i just have really good credit and ill probly get a loan lol. well winter sucks it was about 8 degrees for a week or so now its just raining everyday like always. hows things goin in troutdale?
Old 12-24-2009, 12:23 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ls1whip
this is sick it sounds like everyones gonna be in the 12's or lower by spring summer! any one herd from ssteven? i think hes one here less than i am.. i am curious if he ever got around to putting that MS3 in .i know he talked about selling it. by spring im hoping to have a intake and bigger tb and a good tune on my car. my teacher is pumped to help me tune my car at school. HP tuners here we come!
What school?
Old 12-24-2009, 12:30 AM
Staging Lane

I'd like to see her when your done! Curious? you ever checked out firebirdv6.com? There have been quite a few builds like yours there. Ive seed a couple 3800's putting over 500hp to the wheels! good luck bro!
Old 12-24-2009, 01:41 AM
On The Tree

What school?
plane ol pcc the sylvania campus. theres like 5 fbodys at school mines the only ls car
Old 12-24-2009, 11:51 AM
Teching In

Wassup! Im still around, just layin low...the SS is in the garage collecting dust along with my 5.3 stg 2.5 heads and the MS3 but, I installed a QTP cutout 2 months ago! Work has been keeping me busy and not allowing me to have the time to get my parts installed. And I just bought my girl a Canon G11 for her gift... I wonder what i'll get???

Although, I may cruise the SS to church tonight!

Post some pics of the new rear end Poncho! Finally you get to launch that beast!

Merry Christmas Everybody!
Old 12-24-2009, 12:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, Merry Christmas everyone!! Hope everyone is safe and doing well.

It's good to see some people posting up again lol...

Brandon, don't forget to update your pcm's speedo calibration for the new gears. Going from 3.42 to 4.30 is a HUGE jump.

Santa is bringing my forged flattop pistons next week and I'm waiting for Blanco to get me some pricing on forged con-rods. The engine block should hopefully be heading to the machine shop in the next couple weeks. I've never assembled an entire LS engine before (replacing a rod/piston doesn't count lol....). Soooo, this should be a new treat for me and I'm looking forward to it.

I don't know if any of you guys are interested in this or not, but I'm going to try running in a heads-up racing group next season. It's called Heads Up Northwest and it's based out of Portland/Vancouver. They have a 10.50 index class that I'm going to try and compete in it next year. You get points for each race you qualify in, and then get a payout to winning class winners at the end of the season. Plus you get to race on a pro-tree and it's all heads-up racing. They have 6 race events in 2010, two of them are at PIR and the others are at Woodburn. If anyone else is interested in this, send me a PM and I'll get you more info.

Mike
Old 12-24-2009, 01:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SsSteven
Wassup! Im still around, just layin low...the SS is in the garage collecting dust along with my 5.3 stg 2.5 heads and the MS3 but, I installed a QTP cutout 2 months ago! Work has been keeping me busy and not allowing me to have the time to get my parts installed. And I just bought my girl a Canon G11 for her gift... I wonder what i'll get???

Post some pics of the new rear end Poncho! Finally you get to launch that beast!

What up!! Dam you give nice gifts. You got some nice parts there boy. Good to hear your doin well I keep saying we need to all hook up and kick it. We dont need our cars either lol!!
Merry xmas
Old 12-24-2009, 01:09 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Mikey where did you get your DS?
Old 12-24-2009, 01:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Hey Mikey where did you get your DS?
Driveshaft? I got that from Eric at Mid West Chassis. Best price I could find for a 3" chromoly shaft,,,, less than 300/shipped brand new in any length you need.

Mike
Old 12-24-2009, 02:26 PM
Banned

Merry Christmas fellas! My girlfriend bought me all kinds of good stuff so I can hit the streets/track hard next summer! Can't wait!
Old 12-24-2009, 11:00 PM
On The Tree

yeah buddy! nice dude thats things sounds mean i bet i am hoping to get enough cash to drop my 69 c10 and get cutouts for the ss i hope we all can chill sometime and drive through the tunnel on a cruise lol that be sooo sick!.. i got my *** handed to me a while back when a washington plated R32 skyline was in the tunnel that thiing was f&cking bad ***....black on black
Old 12-24-2009, 11:12 PM
Staging Lane

Damn I wish I was still able to work on my ride...or ever had a place to work on her lol! Happy holidays people, I hope I get to see some of these Fbodys around town when the weather is nice again

Quick Reply: Orygun guys?