Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Orygun guys?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Its not Oregon its the U of O and Eugene and its alumni and such.. I love living in Oregon
I realize you meant U Of O...when I said, Oregon I meant "Oregon Ducks" guess I need to be more specific. Anyways, what is your beef with U OF O?
Old 12-09-2009, 11:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

since were on the topic of football, how bout the seahawks? they'er the best team in football in my opinion lol
Old 12-10-2009, 11:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Seattle who? Kinda a dud season for the seachickens Hey we all need to have a winter meeting somewhere for some cold beers and football or ufc?? Start throwin ideas out and we can do something!! Summer seems so far away im depressed
Old 12-10-2009, 01:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by smokinponcho73
hey mike thanks. I bought the 1350 didn't realize I did until now. you didnt have any issues with your ds hitting the tourque arm mount?
I didn't have any clearance issue with the stock torque arm. After I got the Spohn arm, I had to do a little grinding on the torque arm bracket to clear the Spohn mounting setup. I actually cutoff quite a bit of material off the Spohn bracket since that t/a had two different mounting holes. Looked like added weight IMO so off it went lol.....

Mike
Old 12-10-2009, 02:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zlicious94
Seattle who? Kinda a dud season for the seachickens Hey we all need to have a winter meeting somewhere for some cold beers and football or ufc?? Start throwin ideas out and we can do something!! Summer seems so far away im depressed
ya i was just kidding about the seahawks being a good team lol. the weather has actually been pretty good for a meeting its been really clear skies and all that, might wana do it in the afternooon so the ice can thaw. anyway if u wana meet up im down.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:23 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like Holmgren might be coming back though to run the show so things will turn around for them I think. Injuries didn't help this year but no one has fallen more then my Patriots
Old 12-12-2009, 11:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Its not Oregon its the U of O and Eugene and its alumni and such.. I love living in Oregon
No reply why?? Did you get beat up by some Frat guys or get kicked out for really liking the Beavers?
Old 12-12-2009, 05:55 PM
On The Tree

Who really cares about who likes who. Beavers got beat and that's that. just hope we can pull it off for the double OSU win!!!.. Hey chris are your the plugs u selling uridium?

Mike you decide on what motor your going with?

Phill, I saw you might pick up that LT1 block. What kind of plans you got turning in your head for it?

Brandon, I see your finally almost done with the rear end. that's going to be sick bro to finally get full throttle and feel all the power you have in that beast!! Just make sure u put some plastic down in the passenger seat for your girl..lol.. J/K bro
Old 12-13-2009, 12:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ya I almost have it done. The last thing is adjusting the torque arm. You were right Mike, the torque armm is probably the hardest part off the rear. the reason my yoke was hitting the t/a bracket is because i had it adjusted wrong.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by tmoney223
Who really cares about who likes who. Beavers got beat and that's that. just hope we can pull it off for the double OSU win!!!.. Hey chris are your the plugs u selling uridium?

Phill, I saw you might pick up that LT1 block. What kind of plans you got turning in your head for it?

Brandon, I see your finally almost done with the rear end. that's going to be sick bro to finally get full throttle and feel all the power you have in that beast!! Just make sure u put some plastic down in the passenger seat for your girl..lol.. J/K bro
Ya just want a 383 that runs low to mid 11's!
Old 12-13-2009, 07:51 PM
On The Tree

Ya just want a 383 that runs low to mid 11's!
Wow that would be bad ***... So how slow is it going to be? End of summer?or earlier.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Gonna be a couple years at least but it will be a monster! LT1's are making a comeback didnt ya hear lol
Old 12-14-2009, 09:13 AM
On The Tree

I like what people do with those lt1's, they've got a lot of potential. If I recall right, you can use regular old sbc parts on the inside right? A forged stroker rotating assembly isn't terribly expensive if that's the case.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by tmoney223

Since the old block is scrap metal, I think I've decided on a 372ci with forged rods and pistons. I've got an iron 6.0l LQ4 shortblock sitting in the garage right now. I'm just trying to plan out the most budget oriented way to go about building it without breaking the bank.

Have you started your head porting project yet?

Brandon, glad to hear you got it all figured out. How do you like those 4.30 gears on the street? LOL..... You're car's gonna be a beast next year man.

Mike
Old 12-14-2009, 02:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by musicman
I like what people do with those lt1's, they've got a lot of potential. If I recall right, you can use regular old sbc parts on the inside right? A forged stroker rotating assembly isn't terribly expensive if that's the case.
Ya your memory is correct! Im using a forged callies crank and h beam rods with some mahle pistons! Its not uncommon at all to see 450-500 rwhp lt1's now days especially with the head work a company called advanced induction does. They are mostly responsible for giving them a comeback!! The only diff really from a nice built ls1 is the stupid opti crap ignition Oh well. Its funny all the ls1 guys are all using iron blocks now lol
Old 12-14-2009, 02:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ya I almost have it done. The last thing is adjusting the torque arm. You were right Mike, the torque armm is probably the hardest part off the rear. the reason my yoke was hitting the t/a bracket is because i had it adjusted wrong.
Sounds like we gonna see some wheelies out of ya next summer!!!!!
Old 12-14-2009, 02:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6
Since the old block is scrap metal, I think I've decided on a 372ci with forged rods and pistons. I've got an iron 6.0l LQ4 shortblock sitting in the garage right now. I'm just trying to plan out the most budget oriented way to go about building it without breaking the bank.

Have you started your head porting project yet?

Brandon, glad to hear you got it all figured out. How do you like those 4.30 gears on the street? LOL..... You're car's gonna be a beast next year man.

Mike
Haven't quite got it done yet but I will soon I had a ton of pressure on the bottom torque arm mount of the housing. I pulled the bolt and the houseing twisted a good bit. now I am loosening stuff and trying to get it mounted strait. I am sure I will love the 4.30's though.
And phil I don't know if we will see any wheelies this year, If mike was running 11.0 at 125 and barely was able to lift it a little I dought I will be able to.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:54 PM
11 Second Club

Haven't quite got it done yet but I will soon I had a ton of pressure on the bottom torque arm mount of the housing. I pulled the bolt and the houseing twisted a good bit. now I am loosening stuff and trying to get it mounted strait. I am sure I will love the 4.30's though.
And phil I don't know if we will see any wheelies this year, If mike was running 11.0 at 125 and barely was able to lift it a little I dought I will be able to.
Yeah, now that I think back on it, that torque arm adapter thing was kind of a pain to get adjusted correctly. Once it's adjusted right, it's easy to work with after that. If I'm pulling the torque arm off, I just unbolt the two bolts that go through the heim joint mounts top/bottom.

The wheelies are all about the traction and track prep. I've seen cars that yank the fronts with alot less power and running quite a bit slower et's than I was. My problem was the hp/tire size ratio was way off. Having to dump the clutch and hit the tires that hard wasn't helping either. The 26 inch tall tires I was using just didn't have enough sidewall to aborb such a brutal hit off the line. Notice the sidewall in this vid almost completely collapsing. Not good for traction when the tire is bouncing off the track lol.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yqJAuRxs1o

Those 26-10.50's would do really well with an automatic car with 400-450rwhp. I'd like to step up to a 28-10.50, or 28-12.50 this year. If that's the case, I'll be going with 4.30 gears myself.

Hey Phil, do you have your rotating assembly already? If not, you might consider a nodular iron crank instead of a forged crank. If you plan to keep the rpm's under 6800, the nodular crank would save you quite a bit of cash and they'll still take alot of hp, even nitrous hits..... Just something to consider. When I had my LT1 I remember seeing alot of guys running the nodular cranks and banging out some very impressive numbers with them 650+rwhp...

Mike
Old 12-14-2009, 04:01 PM
Banned

Ya your memory is correct! Im using a forged callies crank and h beam rods with some mahle pistons! Its not uncommon at all to see 450-500 rwhp lt1's now days especially with the head work a company called advanced induction does. They are mostly responsible for giving them a comeback!! The only diff really from a nice built ls1 is the stupid opti crap ignition Oh well. Its funny all the ls1 guys are all using iron blocks now lol
Yea we offer a LT1 408 and people were having a hard time believing 525 to the wheels with it. But AI has some big claims so maybe wmore people will see the light.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Elliott's94Z
No reply why?? Did you get beat up by some Frat guys or get kicked out for really liking the Beavers?
LOL, well first of all I dont get beat up by frat boys I beat them down
Our house was the anti frat house and had bigger and better parties But that was a long time ago

Lets just say that I'm a Beaver fan and don't like the Ducks and we'll leave it at that. It's more of a social economic thing and like i said my wife is a Duck and so are her friends
Believe it or not I've hob nobbed with some of the big wig alums. Just not my cup of meat that's all.

Quick Reply: Orygun guys?