Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Orygun guys?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 05:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=02sslayer;12353408]
Originally Posted by zlicious94

that would be a sick setup idk i cant make up my mind though. are u gonna build your car or get a vette?
Na, no build this year, but I do plan on some gears and spray for next year
Old 10-12-2009, 06:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6
LOL,, yeah it is very dynamic. I haven't even mentioned front/back shock settings and how they can dramatically affect launch/traction. There's alot more to it than most people realize (myself included since I'm still learning), not to mention that automatics react completely different than 6sp cars. There's not a lot of info readily available for getting one our 4th gen 6-speeds to launch well at this power level. Most guys switch to an automatic before reaching 10's, but hey, I like a challenge.

UMI, Spohn and BMR all make rear sway bars specific to drag cars.

Mike
Mike what shocks are you running? I thought you said you were switching to the QA1's. If so what setting do you have them at? Also by the way your car sounds mean with those TD's on it. I havent heard it till the video.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by smokinponcho73
Mike what shocks are you running? I thought you said you were switching to the QA1's. If so what setting do you have them at? Also by the way your car sounds mean with those TD's on it. I havent heard it till the video.
Thanks, I get alot of compliments on the exhaust at the track lol.....

I have the Strange single adjustable coilovers in the front with 275# spring, and Competition Engineering 3-way adjustables in the back. Last night I had the fronts on 2, 3, and 4 playing with the settings. The best 60' was on setting 4 (zero being full loose on extension) and that was the 11.08 run. The rear shocks were on 70/30, which is the stiffest compression, and loosest extension.

Mike
Old 10-12-2009, 09:06 PM
TECH Regular

Mike - you will get there, but most likely not this year due to cold track and **** pour traction.

Got home around noon today, but had things to do and just now sitting down to the computer. I've been away from the computer for a week now and just trying to get caught up on everything. The front tire on the GSXR slid out from under me about 100 feet from the finish line. Luckily the bike fell on the left side and slid fro about 700 feet and never flipped. I hit the pavement at about 140 mph (ET slip shows 129.xx going through the traps sliding). All the safety gear worked great. My leathers, helmet, and everything is trashed. I only have road rash on my left palm and right elbow and a little skinned up spot on my beer belly. The only broken bones is a little toe on my left foot. I got up and was able to walk off the track. And I won the round against the camaro I was racing. I will try and get some pics up when time allows. Thanks for the concerns.

Oh BTW - this won't stop me from racing the bike. I've already started finding replacement parts and will have it ready to go by the beginning of next season. And also even with the bike sliding, I tripped the clocks at 9.60. Looking back at the incremental numbers and calculating it out, it would have gone 9.46
Old 10-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Staging Lane

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Roll-...item3c9e8dc37e

Eric this is the one I was telling you about... Mike I am new to this is this junk? someone told me I only needed a roll bar like the cop camaro's until 9.99? t/f? I just got the z in april and never drag raced until this july. I spent ten years mastering the "full contact" racing aka demolition derby... and now having a good time at Pir this Yr

Last edited by jsafe; 10-12-2009 at 09:45 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:06 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jsafe
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Roll-...item3c9e8dc37e

Eric this is the one I was telling you about... Mike I am new to this is this junk? someone told me I only needed a roll bar like the cop camaro's until 9.99? t/f? I just got the z in april and never drag raced until this july. I spent ten years mastering the "full contact" racing aka demolition derby... and now having a good time at Pir this Yr
I would go for the DOM myself and I don't know how well that hoop would fit in a 4th gen fbody. I'd look into a Competition Engineering, Wolfe Racecraft, Chris Alston or Art Morrison. They all offer nice tight fitting main hoops, and the last thing you want to do is be banging your helmet on the hoop all the time.

A 6 point rollbar will be good down to a 10.00. Anything quicker will require an 8 point rollcage with the front hoop.

Mike
Old 10-12-2009, 10:10 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rockin C Racing
Mike - you will get there, but most likely not this year due to cold track and **** pour traction.

Got home around noon today, but had things to do and just now sitting down to the computer. I've been away from the computer for a week now and just trying to get caught up on everything. The front tire on the GSXR slid out from under me about 100 feet from the finish line. Luckily the bike fell on the left side and slid fro about 700 feet and never flipped. I hit the pavement at about 140 mph (ET slip shows 129.xx going through the traps sliding). All the safety gear worked great. My leathers, helmet, and everything is trashed. I only have road rash on my left palm and right elbow and a little skinned up spot on my beer belly. The only broken bones is a little toe on my left foot. I got up and was able to walk off the track. And I won the round against the camaro I was racing. I will try and get some pics up when time allows. Thanks for the concerns.

Oh BTW - this won't stop me from racing the bike. I've already started finding replacement parts and will have it ready to go by the beginning of next season. And also even with the bike sliding, I tripped the clocks at 9.60. Looking back at the incremental numbers and calculating it out, it would have gone 9.46
Good to hear that you're ok. I bet not many people can say they have slid through the 1/4 mile traps at 130+ mph.

Mike
Old 10-12-2009, 10:43 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Rockin C Racing

Damn Cody, you are very lucky! Glad to hear you are OK.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:07 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks guys. I should have gone and bought a lotto ticket LOL
Old 10-14-2009, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

And he won by a beer belly... Lol.j/k well glad your ok Cody!! And yeah bro like they said get right back on the horse or you will never ride again!!!

And mike!! Looks like in one of the vids, the one right after the teal camaro looks like you brought the tires off the ground, idk maybe..boy but your right about all the stuff you have to do to make it run right. Sounds like your getting into all the small stuff now to make your car faster. Tedious stuff man!!

Phill! That's sick your going to do some spray this winter, what shot you going with and what brand??? Cause I'm going to do the same thing. Well still deciding on what to do, don't know if I can come up with 9gs for a new motor.

If I do go with a new motor it's fir sure going to be a iron block.!!!!
Old 10-14-2009, 08:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by tmoney223
And he won by a beer belly... Lol.j/k well glad your ok Cody!! And yeah bro like they said get right back on the horse or you will never ride again!!!

And mike!! Looks like in one of the vids, the one right after the teal camaro looks like you brought the tires off the ground, idk maybe..boy but your right about all the stuff you have to do to make it run right. Sounds like your getting into all the small stuff now to make your car faster. Tedious stuff man!!

Phill! That's sick your going to do some spray this winter, what shot you going with and what brand??? Cause I'm going to do the same thing. Well still deciding on what to do, don't know if I can come up with 9gs for a new motor.

If I do go with a new motor it's fir sure going to be a iron block.!!!!
This is the kit I decided on! Made for the lt1 so I know it will work great! Just gonna start on the 100 jets and go from there Always wanted n20 and its affordable compared to a stroker motor build lol!!!

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...roduct_id=2809
Old 10-14-2009, 11:01 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This is the kit I decided on! Made for the lt1 so I know it will work great! Just gonna start on the 100 jets and go from there Always wanted n20 and its affordable compared to a stroker motor build lol!!!

I can probably get you a deal on that kit, but you should be saving for a stroker anyway if your going to be spraying a lot
Old 10-14-2009, 11:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
I can probably get you a deal on that kit, but you should be saving for a stroker anyway if your going to be spraying a lot
Sweet let me know what ya can get it for! Thats why I want to spray it so maybe it will die then I have a good reason to build it. She just runs too good still to tear it apart! I figure a good summer of gettin sprayed should just about put it in its grave.....maybe! Seen some lt1's take some serious abuse!
Old 10-14-2009, 11:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sweet let me know what ya can get it for! Thats why I want to spray it so maybe it will die then I have a good reason to build it. She just runs too good still to tear it apart! I figure a good summer of gettin sprayed should just about put it in its grave.....maybe! Seen some lt1's take some serious abuse!
i know what u mean by not wanting to tear apart a perfectly good motor. i think it would be cool to do a ls2 402ci forged with an ms4 cam and big heads, but i would be perfectly happy with a bigger cam higher flowing heads and some 411 gears. **** thats all anyone really needs. i should just build a perfectly good ls1 and call it good ya know?
Old 10-14-2009, 11:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sick ride alert! But most guys would rather have an ls1 I know I know
http://portland.craigslist.org/grg/cto/1415222258.html
Old 10-15-2009, 09:32 PM
11 Second Club

true to my fashion...im gonna make another random post

got bored these last couple weeks....pat and tyler are a couple that have seen my car in person, but no one has seen everything ive been doing this winter.

heres a pic

More here:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/northwest-members/1017336-orygun-guys-107.html#post12370490
Old 10-16-2009, 12:56 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Fury_786

got bored these last couple weeks....pat and tyler are a couple that have seen my car in person, but no one has seen everything ive been doing this winter.

heres a pic

Wow I wish....very nice bro!
Old 10-16-2009, 02:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Fury_786 I think i have seen your car before, at walmart in salem. You should post up some more pictures on the other post on this NW section on the post about NW Car Pictures
Old 10-16-2009, 08:25 AM
Banned

You're blowing that bitch up next year for sure That's the $$$ kit...love that one.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:00 AM
On The Tree

hey what the hell is that lol? Is it a custom CAI? It looks sick bro!!! How tight is it with the bumper on??

Originally Posted by Fury_786

heres a pic

More here:

hey what the hell is that lol is it a custom CAI? It looks sick!!! And how tight is it from the bumper?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/northwest-members/1017336-orygun-guys-107.html#post12370490

Quick Reply: Orygun guys?