Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Orygun guys?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 11:21 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya he heard Todd was hung like a French fry or was it curly fry? I cant remember, There's a whole nother thread about it lol
Old 04-12-2011, 11:31 AM
Teching In

That's the dude...I thought Turk, Phil, and I were gonna have to put him down. LOL.

That girl he was chasin did look like a tweaker tho.

We shoulda took that pit they had.

Originally Posted by zlicious94
Yo guys!!! So tell me this ************ doesnt look familiar!!! They got that dude chasin the girls in the burger king parking lot for sex trafficing and assault with a weapon on those girls!!

http://www.pdxmugshots.com/mug/tony-nathan-pickens
Old 04-12-2011, 11:38 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smokinponcho73
What? How do you guys know him? Did he show up un-announced to one of todd's sex parties?

Originally Posted by Tyler_LS1
Ya he heard Todd was hung like a French fry or was it curly fry? I cant remember, There's a whole nother thread about it lol
That's an entirely different story lol

Originally Posted by SsSteven
That's the dude...I thought Turk, Phil, and I were gonna have to put him down. LOL.

That girl he was chasin did look like a tweaker tho.

We shoulda took that pit they had.
Yeah, I was ready to tackle that dude until that chic said he had a gun.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:26 PM
12 Second Club

Haha I know

Last edited by Tyler_LS1; 04-12-2011 at 12:53 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ls1whip
dude thats him!

ps tong i found quite a bit of aftermarket stuff non bmw for the e39 m5's dinan Acscnitzer remus and ishh are house hold names but there is quite abit of stuff out there i found 4 dif brands that have front brakes for the car, and suspension is your basic H&R koni and bilstein and kw i found some more odd ball smaller people that carry like sway bars and strut braces and that junk
theres plenty of brands for all the basic stuff but a lot of it is a big hit on quality - it's hard to justify bolting on the cheapest possible suspension you can find on a car like that. and then all the little pieces you need to replace while you're doing any kind of work on the car is 100% dealer only - the spring perches, bump stops, etc, almost all of it is special to the m5 as well.

t-stat is a 100 bucks in parts alone, 4 cam position sensors at ~60/piece - stuff like that. I don't really want to dissuade people from buying those cars, I truly loved mine, easily the best car i've ever owned for daily street duty, maintenance wasn't that bad on it from my perspective - though I didn't need to spend any money on mine becuase it already had full suspension on it (the koni yellow setup drove like stock over bumps but it was amazing tucked into a corner.)

Personally, when I buy one again (and I will) I'll keep it bone stock minus a suspension refresh, you just don't need anymore power on the street then what it has on tap and with the vanos it's basically a dinner plate of torque across the entire rev range.

turk - tether your phone to a laptop or something, it's the 21st century
Old 04-12-2011, 02:14 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tongboy
turk - tether your phone to a laptop or something, it's the 21st century
You lost me on this one....
Old 04-12-2011, 02:18 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by *02WS6TURK*
You lost me on this one....
He meant to say 02sslayer. Joe has been using his phone cause he doesn't have a computer
Old 04-12-2011, 04:53 PM
Staging Lane

oh, yeah, sorry, wrong guy
Old 04-12-2011, 05:46 PM
On The Tree

Well guys I put in the new slave got just about eveything bolted up. Went to put the shifter back to gethere and bent down to grab a socket and I notice fluid on the ground coming from the bellhousing and trans. Found out that the damn slave is bad!!!!!!! Now I'm taring it back apart to replace it again!!! What a ******* joke. The hardest part is getting that damn hydro line disconnected from the slave...REALLY GM??? Can you make it any worse??
Old 04-12-2011, 06:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If u think thats bad, try installing an ls6 oil pump!
Old 04-12-2011, 08:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1whip
i would never buy a VW or Audi ever, now there is a German car that is really a pain to work on and have lottsssss of problems its night and day working on a dub or Audi. Mercedes and Bmw have a better layout personally. I have worked on all 4 and benz and bmw may have lotsa bolts mabey they are over designed lol.
I've owned my 02' GTI VR6 since 2005 and haven't had too many issues considering I've owned it for 6 years now. I had an issue with the clutch/slave cylinder going out, but that was because the previous owner put in the wrong hyd fluid and it ate the seals. I replaced a CV joint on the driver side about 6 months ago, took about 2 hours start/finish. VW's aren't that bad to work on man. Ever tried changing the spark plugs or an optispark on an LT1 Fbody.... lol.

I think all German cars are basically notorious for electrical gremlins.

Mike
Old 04-12-2011, 09:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6
I've owned my 02' GTI VR6 since 2005 and haven't had too many issues considering I've owned it for 6 years now. I had an issue with the clutch/slave cylinder going out, but that was because the previous owner put in the wrong hyd fluid and it ate the seals. I replaced a CV joint on the driver side about 6 months ago, took about 2 hours start/finish. VW's aren't that bad to work on man. Ever tried changing the spark plugs or an optispark on an LT1 Fbody.... lol.

I think all German cars are basically notorious for electrical gremlins.

Mike

haha yeaahhhh im gonna run my buddy casey through that this weekend on his 95 transam lol...yeah i guess vw and audi's are not soo terrible i meen if you work on them enough some people love them i just have had bad luck with the ones i have worked on and mabey i am being a bit hard on them lol...

yeah tong i meen my goal for the car is pretty much done if i pick it up.. thats the main reason i want it because it is already slightly modified and i like the way it is if i where to pick it up i would probably do a good set of coil overs and sway bars and upgrade the front and rear brakes and thats it oh and a set of 19" BBS LM wheels they make re pops that are 1/2 the price, i am going to buy one soon if things pan out i may not even need to sell my camaro. I meen if some one wanted a M5 that had no idea how to work on cars and thin pockets this would no way be the car for them. but as it is im at a place where its a viable option and in no way a problem to work or get stuff for it i have been around cars enough i aint scurrrd when where you thinking about picking up another one?
Old 04-13-2011, 12:25 AM
On The Tree

Well I got everything put back together. I put it in first with the clutch all the way in and damn thing still won't disengage.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:06 AM
12 Second Club

Have Mikey rebuild it
Old 04-13-2011, 09:55 AM
On The Tree

Doesn't need to be re-built just need to take the shim out, I think.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:18 PM
On The Tree

Hey guys!!!
Well I got in the car today and bled it again and it works like BUTTER!!! HELL YEAH!! Smooth shifting in all gears and even reverse works alot better. Time to start railing again
Old 04-13-2011, 04:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well i have sent out numerous apps and resemes, and i got a call from brusco tug and barge. They wana give me an interview the first of next month. I hope i get to work there
Old 04-13-2011, 06:22 PM
Staging Lane

Any of you guys ever road raced the little "35 mile" stretch of highway 202 from highway 6 to Astoria?

Unreal stretch of road starting at the police station until getting to Astoria.

Tore my car up until I installed all the BMR and QA1 suspension!

Best stretch of challenging yet safe (no one there but Logging trucks) highway I have ever seen.

No potholes but very tricky with lots and lots of broken up road and sinkholes.
Tight,Tight hairpins followed by straightaway's then some very technical stuff.

I've run it eight or ten times now (ALWAYS JUST BELOW SPEED LIMIT)
Old 04-13-2011, 06:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ive driven that road dozens of times
Old 04-13-2011, 07:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 02sslayer
Ive driven that road dozens of times
I just found it last year, went back a bunch of times on a job I did in Astoria.

It's the best track 'ughmmm, Er "Road" I have found nearby.

Know of anything better within 75 miles?

Quick Reply: Orygun guys?