Beat to a pulp for trying to Steal a Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up Beat to a pulp for trying to Steal a Camaro

Suspect in car prowl in critical condition

10:25 AM PDT on Wednesday, May 11, 2005

GRAHAM, Wash. - A suspected car prowler was in critical condition Wednesday after he was caught trying to take a 1967 Camaro.

Pierce County sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer said the owner fought with the suspect and a neighbor saw what was going on and hit him with a hockey stick.

"It was their car, they were protecting their property. We're just happy that the suspect didn't have a gun and nobody else got hurt," said Det. Ed Troyer.

"At this point our suspect is in critical condition. We'll have to find out later what caused that, but also if he does survive this he's going to end up being put into custody for his actions."

Deputies believe there may have been more people involved in the attempted car theft.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He got what he deserved, they said on tv that he has a long history of car thefts, id thefts and robberies. He was supposed to be in court today for possession of a stolen car and mail...I guess he won't be doing that for a while now, if he lives through this...
Old 05-11-2005, 02:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good for them! I'm glad the owner and the neighbor were able show that car thief what's up... the thief should count himself lucky when he recovers, because if it were my car he were trying to steal, he'd have gotten hit with a lot worse than a hockey stick.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh, they beat the crap out of him, the cops had to do CPR on him when they got there. That's why he's in Critical condition now and I'm guessing that if he lives through this, he'll think twice about trying to steal someones car.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Aaahhh so nice to see justice being dished out as it was intended.

Now who leaves a '67 Camaro outside where a thief can get to it?
Old 05-11-2005, 04:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Your post title scared me Steph, I thought maybe you ment my car and you and Ellis went to town on some guy, lol, just kidding.

Thats a great story, finally some justice
Old 05-11-2005, 04:57 PM
10 Second Club

Can't blame them. I know I'd do the same if they tried to steal our TA!!!
Old 05-11-2005, 05:07 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

**** yes!! Scumbag got what he deserved!
Old 05-11-2005, 05:21 PM
TECH Addict

I'd be real surprised if something doesn't come back on the owners based on the severity of the beating. Critical condition means they went well beyond an *** beating and it won't take a lawyer long to get on it.

Sad thing is that as much as I feel they were warranted to dish out the beating, there is a limit as to what is deserved. I try to keep in mind that I would set the goal of beating someone to submission and ease of detainment... not death.
Old 05-11-2005, 05:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah thats what I'm afraid of, although it kind of varies state to state, a friend of mine in high school was doing a prank and got shot at a furniture store (he was trying to borrow the sign/mascot) the owner didn't face charges.

When I first moved to portland someone shot a guy breaking into his El camino and didn't face charges. Both shooting were fatal. Both kind of suprised me.

Although if you come on someones property and try to steal it in my mind you pretty much deserve what you get. On the flip side of that if its some 18 year old kid and is doing it as a prank\joyride its kinda bad that he pays with his life for one stupid mistake.
Old 05-11-2005, 05:44 PM
TECH Veteran

All I can say is that there are some crazy motherf'ers out there, so if I hear someone rummaging around in my garage at 2am in the morning, or my car alarm going off in my garage, or anything like that, I'm answering with maximum force... you don't know who it is out there in the dark. Sure, could be some 16 year old playing a prank, or it could be some hopped up crack head with a knife, or some gangbanger punk with a 9mm tucked in his waistband... you just never know.

I always would assume the worst and respond with the thought of not only defending my property, but also my life and the lives of my family. It's a harsh way to look at things, but there's harsh crap going down every day.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:52 PM
Launching!

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
All I can say is that there are some crazy motherf'ers out there, so if I hear someone rummaging around in my garage at 2am in the morning, or my car alarm going off in my garage, or anything like that, I'm answering with maximum force... you don't know who it is out there in the dark. Sure, could be some 16 year old playing a prank, or it could be some hopped up crack head with a knife, or some gangbanger punk with a 9mm tucked in his waistband... you just never know.

I always would assume the worst and respond with the thought of not only defending my property, but also my life and the lives of my family. It's a harsh way to look at things, but there's harsh crap going down every day.

HHMMMM...Welcome to my world!
Old 05-11-2005, 07:00 PM
Tech Addict

I've got 2 choices to inflict substantial damage in a situation like that. Neither will be pretty for the perp messing with my car or other property.

That POS is lucky he's alive. They could have easily popped a cap in his sorry ***.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:37 PM
Tech Addict

Yep prob a lawsuite will be involved. It always gets turned around, the bad guy prob will get something out of this.
Old 05-11-2005, 08:26 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Todd2001SS
Yep prob a lawsuite will be involved. It always gets turned around, the bad guy prob will get something out of this.
Yeah, probably. KIRO just interviewed the perps bother out in front of the victims house. He was saying how his poor little brother didn't deserve that. It was what, his 4th car? Stupidity SHOULD BE painful!

Like Rick & Jason said, if he had been jacking my car, I'd most likely have popped him with my 357. I'm afraid that does more damage than a hockey stick. But I figure he's stealing something I've worked hard for, and on, and spent a LOT of my hard, honestly earned $ on. And too many punks pack now. So F him! And if his family wants to continue where he left off, that's fine too. I grew up on the street. I can go there.....time to chlorinate the gene pool.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You know shooting someone for stealing your horse was not that bad was it? My Horse is blue and cost ALOT!!

My Hope is they go real public and they do not charge them. sending a message so to speak

My FEAR is that they will charge them sending the oppisite message that it is ok to steal cars
Old 05-11-2005, 09:24 PM
TECH Addict

If I could have found the guy who stole my '71 Z28 back in the mid 80's I would have canceled his lease on life I think. I don't know if that would've been the right thing to do, but I'm pretty sure he would've had to have gotten very lucky to "only" be in critical condition. I'm both thrilled that this particular guy got what he deserved, and sorry for what I think is about to happen to the guys who gave it to him
Old 05-11-2005, 09:27 PM
TECH Veteran

If they can show that the guy with the hockey stick (I dunno why but it cracks me up) only hit the guy enough to get him down - or the stupid theif picked up something to beat them back then there is no chance **** for brains will win anything, even out of homeowners insurance. He can try but it will be yet another attemp of how much he needs to exit the gene pool. One can only hope his sympathtic brother will do the same and save us all our tax money from supporting these crack heads

Now if that had been me....um....it would be big news. If husband isn't home I don't play around and the Sheriff's out here know it. They would have carted the guy off in a body bag and I'd be going "ewwwwwwwwwww!!!! brains all over my shiny car!!!!!!!!! Wait, with all that Zaino it should just rinse off...."
Old 05-11-2005, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

They said the guy bit onto the car owners finger and wouldn't let go so the guy strangled him to get him to let go...then they said they thought he went to sleep because he was making snoring noises. Thats when the cops got there and took over...

I think it's about time a car thief got what they deserved instead of just a slap on the wrist.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Z ANGEL
They said the guy bit onto the car owners finger and wouldn't let go so the guy strangled him to get him to let go...then they said they thought he went to sleep because he was making snoring noises. Thats when the cops got there and took over...

I think it's about time a car thief got what they deserved instead of just a slap on the wrist.
Well, I was close....at least any attempt at a lawsuit will fall flat on its face.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:33 AM
TECH Veteran

On a similar note..............

Long time ago there was this thing in most (if not all) of the 50 States called the Fleeing Felon rule.......basically if someone was committing a violent felony (or had just committed it) you could shoot him/her as they ran away. 99% of all jurisdictions stopped "allowing" this to occur, but some places, California included, still have it on the books. In the City where I worked in, our County DA's still allowed for that law to be enforced, by civilians OR cops........many many many times we responded to liquor store robberies only to find the perp shot and/or dead from the clerk who used a store supplied gun. It was SOOOO nice, really cut down on robberies and violent crime in the places where it was "known" that they did this. It also cut down on chases, pursuits, etc because the bad guys knew if they ran, we shot at em anyway.

I think all places should reinstate that law.

Quick Reply: Beat to a pulp for trying to Steal a Camaro