Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Mustang Drivers are IDIOTS at times

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 01:20 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mustang Drivers are IDIOTS at times

Today I was test driving a customers car that I had just completed a head and cam package in. I drove it up I5 north 3 exits and then south 4 exits and back to the shop. On the way back, I buzzed past a late model Rustang Cobra, you know one them things with a blower in it. The car I was driving was a 97 LS1 C5 which made a bit over 400 to the wheels. I took the 78th street exit and headed north on HWY 99 to my shop, the Rustang follows me up HWY 99 just north of 78th street, this IDIOT makes a conscious effort to get beside me on my left, drops a gear, and hammers the throttle. He gets sideways burning off his tires, while all the time he is doing this he is staring at me, who is stuck behind 6 cars in front of me.

What he doesn't see (because hes staring at me) is the Washington State Trooper pulling out of the Exxon gas station directly across the street from where he's frying his tires. Mind you I am going about 25 MPH due to traffic in front of me, this guy intentionally waited for traffic to clear in front of him in his lane so that he can do this. The State Trooper homes in on his tires frying on the street and is on him like a spider seeing fresh meat wiggling in his web. I was LMAO as the trooper blasted in behind him, with his lights going and siren blasting away, that made my day! I hope he got a reckless driving ticket over this one!
Old 09-07-2007, 01:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tjwong
Today I was test driving a customers car that I had just completed a head and cam package in. I drove it up I5 north 3 exits and then south 4 exits and back to the shop. On the way back, I buzzed past a late model Rustang Cobra, you know one them things with a blower in it. The car I was driving was a 97 LS1 C5 which made a bit over 400 to the wheels. I took the 78th street exit and headed north on HWY 99 to my shop, the Rustang follows me up HWY 99 just north of 78th street, this IDIOT makes a conscious effort to get beside me on my left, drops a gear, and hammers the throttle. He gets sideways burning off his tires, while all the time he is doing this he is staring at me, who is stuck behind 6 cars in front of me.

What he doesn't see (because hes staring at me) is the Washington State Trooper pulling out of the Exxon gas station directly across the street from where he's frying his tires. Mind you I am going about 25 MPH due to traffic in front of me, this guy intentionally waited for traffic to clear in front of him in his lane so that he can do this. The State Trooper homes in on his tires frying on the street and is on him like a spider seeing fresh meat wiggling in his web. I was LMAO as the trooper blasted in behind him, with his lights going and siren blasting away, that made my day! I hope he got a reckless driving ticket over this one!
Why brand an entire generation of cars just because one idiot got behind the wheel of one? I'm sure the Mullet world has had their share of redneck LT1 race car drivers that won't realize their retardation. **** happens and that is why you take it to the track and not the street.

Marty
Old 09-07-2007, 07:45 AM
Teching In

I have a lot of respect for Mustangs since they (like Camaros, Corvettes, etc.), have a long history as part of the American "muscle car" mystique. I DO NOT, however, have any respect for the few idiots who tarnish the respectable names of these cars by being egotistically reckless on the roadways.

That loser in the 'Stang certainly got what he deserved
Old 09-07-2007, 09:27 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NOSZ28
I have a lot of respect for Mustangs since they (like Camaros, Corvettes, etc.), have a long history as part of the American "muscle car" mystique. I DO NOT, however, have any respect for the few idiots who tarnish the respectable names of these cars by being egotistically reckless on the roadways.

That loser in the 'Stang certainly got what he deserved

I completely agree...........there are idiots in all makes/models of cars

There is a time and a place for everything...........a sideways smoke show in a pack of cars goin 25 mph is not a bright idea........

i did run into a Terminator Mustang on my way up north to my parents several weeks back and we happened to have a wide open i5 in front of us so we had some fun........

we pulled pretty much even on the couple runs we made which kind of surprised me cuz MM&FF got a 12.4 in the 1/4 mile out of a stock Terminator with sticky tires........
Old 09-07-2007, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

That's pretty bad Tom, I've had people do that to me and I just say wtf? I've even had a big 4x4 truck rev at me I just wave and keep driving. It's not worth the ticket.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:34 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Mr.MartyStone
Why brand an entire generation of cars just because one idiot got behind the wheel of one? I'm sure the Mullet world has had their share of redneck LT1 race car drivers that won't realize their retardation. **** happens and that is why you take it to the track and not the street.

Marty
True enough........when I was still working (a billion years ago) there was this one Saturday night, around midnight, my partner & I were sitting in the #1 lane at a big, well lit intersection, waiting on the red light. In the left turn lane (on our left, about 3 feet from our driver's door) a black LT1 Formula pulls up. We hear the guy gunning his motor and inching forward and we figured that since we were in a fully marked black & white that he was just being a smart ***. But NOOOOO.....soon as the arrow went green, he floored it, lurched out into the middle of the intersection and proceeded to pull as many 360's as he could.......I lost count after 8. There was enough smoke that you could barely see the Formie......he tore off out of there after he was done and apparently **** his pants 15 seconds later when we lit him up. He said he had NO IDEA that we were there, asked where we were hiding, etc. I just smiled and said, "we were about 3 feet away from you at the same light." He got a big fat ticket, lost his car (impounded due to a suspended license) and had a mess in his shorts to clean up after it was all done.

There are morons behind the wheel of every make, model and color of car.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Rottluver
True enough........when I was still working (a billion years ago) there was this one Saturday night, around midnight, my partner & I were sitting in the #1 lane at a big, well lit intersection, waiting on the red light. In the left turn lane (on our left, about 3 feet from our driver's door) a black LT1 Formula pulls up. We hear the guy gunning his motor and inching forward and we figured that since we were in a fully marked black & white that he was just being a smart ***. But NOOOOO.....soon as the arrow went green, he floored it, lurched out into the middle of the intersection and proceeded to pull as many 360's as he could.......I lost count after 8. There was enough smoke that you could barely see the Formie......he tore off out of there after he was done and apparently **** his pants 15 seconds later when we lit him up. He said he had NO IDEA that we were there, asked where we were hiding, etc. I just smiled and said, "we were about 3 feet away from you at the same light." He got a big fat ticket, lost his car (impounded due to a suspended license) and had a mess in his shorts to clean up after it was all done.

that is absolutely hilarious!
Old 09-07-2007, 01:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rottluver

i didn't you were a copper rottluver, lol. well i guess i can't tell any street racing stories now
but yes stupidity is everywhere, i know i've done alot of stupid **** before. but never donuts in front of the law

brody
Old 09-07-2007, 01:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by XLR8N
i didn't you were a copper rottluver, lol. well i guess i can't tell any street racing stories now
but yes stupidity is everywhere, i know i've done alot of stupid **** before. but never donuts in front of the law

brody
A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away......

And you can tell any stories ya want, I am no fan of street racing but what others do is their business.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:41 PM
FormerVendor

I guess the title should have been : Idiot in a Mustang! I too like and respect the old and venerable Mustang, I even wanted one when I was in high school like every other kid. But I ended up with something even better, thanks to my dad, at 17 I got a 1969 1/2 Dodge Super Bee in Forest Green with the 440+6 (six pak) with a D60 and hemi 4 speed gear box, and it was equipped with Chryslers super Trak-Pak as it was known in those days! Can you imagine a 17 year old kid with a car like that!
Old 09-07-2007, 01:55 PM
10 Second Club

That's some funny **** Tom!

I had a guy in a Dodge Stealth (twin turbo version) do something similar to me on the way home from Bremerton one Saturday. We still had the CCC numbers on the car, and had gotten off in town to get a soda. So there we sit at a light with a cop directly behind us waiting for it to turn green (& figuring I was going to get pulled over) when up pulls this moron.

The first thing he does is throw a rev at me. I looked over at him & laughed thinking you're kidding right. I checked the rear view to make sure & yep, the cop was still there. I mean the Stealth drove past him to pull next to me, so he HAD to have seen him, right?

Anyway, the light turns green & WAAAAAA, pop, SQUEEEEAAAALLLL off the Stealth goes with tires smoking. I instinctively pulled over to the right as I inched away from the stop light to let the cop by as he was turning his lights & siren on in pursuit of said idiot. The wife was laughing her *** off.....
Old 09-07-2007, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

One day I pulled up to a stop light and there was some highway patrolman sitting there. So I get on the brake and gas to let the engine rev up and away I went. I took the copper out of the hole no problem. Then I slowed down and he went on by waving. Oh yeah, the copper was my dad
Old 09-07-2007, 05:01 PM
12 Second Club

I loved pulling up next to officers I knew in my old thunderbird and revvin at em, they'd laugh and say "it'd be no contest you know these things are slow"

Quick Reply: Mustang Drivers are IDIOTS at times