Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Future Value of Formula WS6

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 03:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Future Value of Formula WS6

I have a 97 Formula Ram Air WS6, posted in the forsale section but am having second thoughts.

How much do you think it will be worth in 20yrs in almost the same condition with less then 10k miles?
https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicles-sale-non-lsx-powered/676827-fs-ft-1997-formula-ram-air-ws6.html
Old 03-22-2007, 04:11 PM
12 Second Club

i would keep it. I think you could atleast twice that in 20 years. In 20 years there will be few still in existance.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:06 PM
Launching!

dude are u nuts?? if the car is even half of what u say it is with those miles its worth lke 6 or 7 grand right now more than your asking, but being one of the baddest rarest 4th gen birds to be givin wings id imagine its going to be worth some dough in the years to come, ESPECIALLY with the mileage territory your in!
Old 03-22-2007, 06:39 PM
Teching In

i will take $20,000 for my Formula WS6. 36,000 miles.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...3/ea3cfbcc.jpg
Old 03-23-2007, 08:30 AM
On The Tree

Keep your car dude.... that way you can stay in the 473 made club w/ me....

or, you could sell it to me,,, I think Red and Green would go good together...
Old 03-23-2007, 03:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by turbo86
Keep your car dude.... that way you can stay in the 473 made club w/ me....

or, you could sell it to me,,, I think Red and Green would go good together...

could be a xmas theme for you this year, I am really happy with the car just would like to see someone get some use for it. O well she will sit under her cover in the garage for now.

you have a very rare color ws6 too , only ever seen one green 96-97 one in my life
Old 03-23-2007, 08:37 PM
Launching!

now you seen 2
Attached Thumbnails Future Value of Formula WS6-ra44a.jpg  
Old 03-24-2007, 09:41 AM
Staging Lane

See my post, #14, in THIS section, on the 2002 Firehawk Convertible thread...
Old 03-25-2007, 06:24 PM
TECH Regular

Its a nice car but unfortunetly it won't be worth what others in this thread are stating. 3 things are killing this car now and will continue to hurt it. 1. auto, 2. 1SB no leather or radio controls, 3. LS1 cars. The cars with more HP will always be worth more hands down. The only LT1s that will be worth decent money will be the pace cars, the Hawks, and the SS.

You're probably having a hard time even getting within 2 grand of your asking price now I'd bet.

As I said nice car, but either sell or keep it for you're enjoyment and not as an investment.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:04 AM
Launching!

3 things are killing this car now and will continue to hurt it. 1. auto, 2. 1SB no leather or radio controls, 3. LS1 cars. The cars with more HP will always be worth more hands down. The only LT1s that will be worth decent money will be the pace cars, the Hawks, and the SS.

your a ******* moron so you tell me whats a ******* 9thousand mile ws6 formula lt1 go for? well your 69 is worthless becouse u have no leather and most LT1s have the power your 69 had in its day, do you have any idea how many 3 speed 69 camaros are considered collecters items? Your a complete retard, the dude is showing his 9000mile!!!!! ws6 FORMULA, one of the rarest 4th gens to ever roll off the showroom floor, and u have the nerve to say its worthless becouse of its tsripped down options? ALso since when are hawks LT1? i thought those were lt4? So with that in mind pase cars and SS's are the only lt1s to be worht something?? so where does that leave the WS6? ******* idiot, unless you acctually own a 4th gen dont respond to anything about a 4th gen, you own a 69 so just stick to your carbs and we will all be ok........

3. LS1 cars.
dude you are seriously ******* stupid, so becouse GM introduced the LS1 every firebird or camaro before will continue to hurt in value becouse of it? strange i can get an LS1 Z for 6 grand all day, My WS6 lt1 formula was 11k last year, the ws6 lt1 trans am i was going to buy before my formula 12k, the other WS6 lt1 formula i was going to buy before both of these 2 cars 9500, a special edition vehicle is a special edition vehicle and will always command top dollar. 13 thousand for a 9 thousand mile ANYTHNG is a deal but with that price and those miles i think something may be up........
Old 03-26-2007, 08:22 AM
Staging Lane

Curiously, a car (or anything else, for that matter) is ONLY "worth" what someone else will actually PAY for it...
Otherwise, it's an "opinion", and we ALL are entitled to those...
BTW, only 26 '97 Firehawks were built with LT4's, the rest were LT1's, like all '93-96...
Old 03-26-2007, 09:00 AM
On The Tree

Wow, hate to see other people tear down another mans car.... truth is, none of us can see into the future and know what will happen. My personal guess is this, that WS6 Formulas, which were only made if they were specailly ordered by a buyer from the dealership, will become a rare car in the coming years. Especially since no one really knows what they are and how many were made... basically, lots of people, including myself, will continue to put miles on them and mod them. This car, if it keeps the miles off and is not modded, will become special, and be sought after for its rare representation of this year F-body... like said above, value is only determined by what someone would pay for it.... Right now, I would give $12,500 for it,,, and only because it would cost me $500 to get it back to my house...

I personally enjoy the fact, that I own a rare option car that is unique, when compared to all the other F-body's running around...
Old 03-26-2007, 09:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your car will do nothing but appreciate in value. This will probably be the same as buying a 1970 Dodge Challenger with a Hemi. If you bought one new in 1970 with a Hemi, it cost $4500 bucks (most new cars then were $2500-$3500). Now look at the market for that car. I have seen it go for more than $500,000! I strongly feel the same about your low mileage Formula WS6. Take the small financial bite now by not selling it. Store it somewhere that will preserve it well, then bring it out to be sold on your 50th birthday and retire a rich man.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

13 thousand for a 9 thousand mile ANYTHNG is a deal but with that price and those miles i think something may be up........[/QUOTE]

I am the second owner , bought from my father on 5/30/06 with 8,500 miles on it. Please run a car fax on it, this will prove the milage, and everything else. As for the price, maybe i should get it appraised, maybe i am asking too little, but i did research around how much there going for in todays market and i think my asking price it fair.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by C5042081
13 thousand for a 9 thousand mile ANYTHNG is a deal but with that price and those miles i think something may be up........

I am the second owner , bought from my father on 5/30/06 with 8,500 miles on it. Please run a car fax on it, this will prove the milage, and everything else. As for the price, maybe i should get it appraised, maybe i am asking too little, but i did research around how much there going for in todays market and i think my asking price it fair.[/QUOTE]

I believe your asking price is fair, but again, in just another 10 years, you will get MUCH more for it. In 30 years, you will make a killing off of it. That is if you leave it stock and keep the miles off and keep it in good shape.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:25 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LT14MULAWS-6
3 things are killing this car now and will continue to hurt it. 1. auto, 2. 1SB no leather or radio controls, 3. LS1 cars. The cars with more HP will always be worth more hands down. The only LT1s that will be worth decent money will be the pace cars, the Hawks, and the SS.

your a ******* moron so you tell me whats a ******* 9thousand mile ws6 formula lt1 go for? well your 69 is worthless becouse u have no leather and most LT1s have the power your 69 had in its day, do you have any idea how many 3 speed 69 camaros are considered collecters items? Your a complete retard, the dude is showing his 9000mile!!!!! ws6 FORMULA, one of the rarest 4th gens to ever roll off the showroom floor, and u have the nerve to say its worthless becouse of its tsripped down options? ALso since when are hawks LT1? i thought those were lt4? So with that in mind pase cars and SS's are the only lt1s to be worht something?? so where does that leave the WS6? ******* idiot, unless you acctually own a 4th gen dont respond to anything about a 4th gen, you own a 69 so just stick to your carbs and we will all be ok........

dude you are seriously ******* stupid, so becouse GM introduced the LS1 every firebird or camaro before will continue to hurt in value becouse of it? strange i can get an LS1 Z for 6 grand all day, My WS6 lt1 formula was 11k last year, the ws6 lt1 trans am i was going to buy before my formula 12k, the other WS6 lt1 formula i was going to buy before both of these 2 cars 9500, a special edition vehicle is a special edition vehicle and will always command top dollar. 13 thousand for a 9 thousand mile ANYTHNG is a deal but with that price and those miles i think something may be up........

1. English, please oh please learn to use it properly. 1/2 of what you posted is incomprehensible.
2. If the car was worth $13,000 it would have been long gone by now. 5 years ago, yes this would be in high demand as ALL LS1 cars were upper teens. You can drive to Iowa right now and get a 97 6spd Camaro SS with ALL SLP options including the R1s (look it up) w/ 15k miles for $14,500. Which would the collector rather have?
3. Cars with options are ALWAYS worth more, unless they are the complete opposite such as COPO or 1LE.
4. Please do not attempt to speak anything about f-bodies when you don't even know that 1000 some Firehawks were built from 93-97 powered by LT1s.
5. I'm probably younger than you yet have still owned more f-bodies 3rd and 4th gen including some VERY rare cars. So again go read up and learn about 4th gens before you open your mouth and say something incorrect again.

As I said above before guy who feels cool when using **** in every sentence went on his tangent......its a VERY NICE car but nobody RIGHT NOW gives a **** about LT1s, which is a damn shame as they look 100x better than any 98-02.

Keep the car for you not as an investment.

Last edited by 69camaross; 03-26-2007 at 10:49 PM.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:35 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 69camaross

As I said above before guy who feels cool when using **** in every sentence went on his tangent......its a VERY NICE car but nobody RIGHT NOW gives a **** about LT1s, which is a damn shame as they look 100x better than any 98-02.

Keep the car for you not as an investment.
I have a problem with these 2 statements, because they are both a little over the top.

No one gives a **** about LT1s????????????? this is just an ignorant statement. I have owned 6 F-body's, 2 LS1s, 3 LT1s, and even 1 96 RS 3.8.... out of all them, my favorites in order: 97' WS6, 96 RS, 93 Z28 B4C, 99 Z28, 98 TA, 97 reg Formula..... not everyone cares about speed, but like you said, looks...

The car is not an investement.... based on what, are you able to see into the future....? The guy can keep the car for himself, enjoy it, take it to car shows, and later down the road, sell it for more than what he paid for it, at the very least he will never lose money....??? I'm sorry dude, you are not the one stop F-body authority.... I am not being a smart ***, just trying to make you realize your statements are a little over-bearing....

Last edited by turbo86; 03-27-2007 at 08:46 AM.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:42 AM
Staging Lane

Again, either drive it and enjoy it, and it's eventual value will be as it may, or sell it now and do what you like with the money.
If ROI is what you seek, the simplest way to ENSURE a really good return on your investment is to sell it now, and invest in other, wiser, worthier "things"...
JMHO...which is just one of millions...
Low production numbers, alone, ensure NOTHING. You will ALWAYS be at the mercy of the marketplace. EVENTUALLY, 1LE's and LT4's and convertibles and rare WS6's, and Firehawks, and SS's (and combinations of same) WILL be worth good money...EVENTUALLY. In the meantime: insurance, repairs, maintenance, upkeep, replacements, storage fees...ALL those things eat into your "return on investment"...
Enjoy it...or sell it...simple as that...
Old 03-27-2007, 12:07 PM
On The Tree

Nutshell: Do whatever makes you happy.

just wish I had the extra cash, I would buy this one and let it sit, and drive the crap out the one I have now.... both bases covered..... lol....
Old 03-27-2007, 01:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its all in the eye of the beholder man. u get the right person, and they will pay mega bucks...say, u get someone who it reminds them of a passed loved one, they may be willing to pay out the ***...take this to heart, bc it could happen to u.....my gpa had a lot of money and collected cars and left me the hawk, one of his best friends wanted it bc it reminded him of my gpa and kept making offers and more offers and more which reached 40k....now its a 93 with 9k orig miles....its stock....what would u pay for mine? probably not what he was trying to dish out. but money isnt an issue and i dont plan on parting with it, so....like i said, how much its worth is in the eye of the beholder

Quick Reply: Future Value of Formula WS6