Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Looking for a gmmg car!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 07:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZL1 #14
How much for the Lingenfelter Camaro car, also can you tell me what are the sizes and make of the rims on the car they are very nice.

I would take 23,000 for the Lingenfelter. It is a 6sp. with Hotchkis springs and rear lower control arms. I also have a Spec 3+ clutch that hasn't been installed yet. The dyno sheet says that it is pushing 414 hp &386tq to the rear.
The wheels are from Wheel Max. They are AZA's. 18x8.5 and 18x9.5. 255/40 and 295/35 Toyo Prox1.

Thanks for asking and thanks for the comments!!

Sorry for using the thread, and best of luck on the search for a car that is!
Old 12-10-2007, 07:54 PM
Launching!

The two teens-one a picture collector,the other a conspiracy theorist, writhed in mirth at their ability to engage the unsuspecting gallery..
Old 12-10-2007, 10:01 PM
Staging Lane

alright the people who own the cars are saying the engines were swaped. That means the engines were swaped. they wouldn't lie about that. this is a dumb argument! anyway i hope you find the car your looking for. they are neet machines.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:31 AM
NEW
Staging Lane

Camarosss

You are one stupid m..... f......, coming in here and demanding proof, as if someone here is to step up, and please you.. you are one low life, ignorant, dumb a** wanna be.

You have no idea, or clue what have went down with this cars, and you will never get it, or one either, which is just as good, because there is nothing worse than having people that dont know ****, owning the good cars,

Go suck on your thumb, and find someplace else to play keyboard wars,

I'm stupid too, wasting my time getting p***** off, and reading your dumb posts.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:56 AM
Staging Lane

Default Pissed Off

Well camarosss you have pissed off some people with your replies. I appreciate all the help im just looking to find a car for a pretty good price .If there are any left ?If not i will wait for a new big horsepower camaro i hope?IF any one finds anything let me know its been fun. My email is on one of my posts. thanks be cool!!!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2007, 07:21 AM
On The Tree

Default berger GMMG for sale

Ok SPEEDTOYZ here is one for you just listed on ebay item # 260192509998 check it out I may buy it if you dont
Old 12-11-2007, 07:29 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02_Phase2_ZL1
Maybe hand shakes don't mean anything to you.................they do to me.

I don't need proof. You are the only one asking for proof. It doesn't matter to me anyway because again....................mine isn't for sale. I'm sure if I wanted to sell it I could and could get more than what I paid for it however, I'm happy with it and don't want to sell it.

Maybe one day you will get to a place in your life where you understand.
You'll need proof if you do deside to sell it.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:43 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NEW
Camarosss

You are one stupid m..... f......, coming in here and demanding proof, as if someone here is to step up, and please you.. you are one low life, ignorant, dumb a** wanna be.

You have no idea, or clue what have went down with this cars, and you will never get it, or one either, which is just as good, because there is nothing worse than having people that dont know ****, owning the good cars,

Go suck on your thumb, and find someplace else to play keyboard wars,

I'm stupid too, wasting my time getting p***** off, and reading your dumb posts.
I must not be that ignorant you or anybody else on this forum can give me a straight answer or pictured proof about the ZL phase 1 and 2s. It does'nt take a rocket scientist to read a part #. Apparrently I've brought up a touchy subject or you and the other guys would'nt be getting so pissed off.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Looking for a gmmg car!!!!!

Well said NEW.........................never have seen you this worked up. I do agree with what you have said and feel the other GMMG owners here do too.

I have no doubts about my car and I know that neither do any of the other GMMG owners. We know what we have and if this guy doesn't, who cares..........
Old 12-11-2007, 08:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by speedtoyz1
Thanks please do i have had a few emails on some other cars forsale.Im starting to get some action now
Jordan has already responded to you (SSLTFOUR) on this forum board. His #7 D.E. Camaro was the one I was thinking of but I didn't know whether or not he had definitely decided to sell it yet so I didn't want to say who it was until I knew for sure.

......................And who knows.................if Jordan decides to sell his Berger Chevrolet/GMMG/Dale Earnhardt Intimidator, he might even throw in a Berger Chevrolet/GMMG custom made neon clock with it.................
Old 12-11-2007, 08:22 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For anyone wanting "proof".. Besides the THOUSANDS of pictures Matt has taken over the years of almost every conversion done... Put your ZL1 on a lift... Shine a flashlight on the rear driver side of the block. Stock untouched GM blocks will have a laser dot Vin # etched into the block. All GMMG cars will have a crate GM LS6 block with no VIN here. It will be hand stamped by either Matt Murphy or Mike Carnahan with the vehicle VIN. This is the most obvious PROOF without tearing apart your cars.

Also CamaroSS, feel free to stop by Billy Graham F Body Salvage in Alabama. he bought 75% of the engines from Matt after the conversions. He should still have about 50 or 60 crates out at his place marked with the original ZL1 # and the original VINs on the side of the LS1 Blocks....

If you can convince Matt, Im sure he would be willing to show you his invoices from GM being the largest purchaser of LS6 Longblocks AND C5R Race Blocks in the country during the build of the ZL1s.

Just because one doesnt know the facts, does not mean they do not exist

JD, Nils, everyone else you should all be ahsamed to let someone get you so worked up with so little knowledge of your investments... You know there are going to be haters out there
Old 12-11-2007, 08:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks Ron for stepping in ! ! ! ! As I said earlier in the thread................I had absolutely no doubt. Have known you, Mike and Matt for just too long to doubt anything about any of you, your businesses, your integrity, your reputations, my car or any of the other GMMG cars, etc.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by camarosss
Not claiming to be a expert on anything. I don't care who owns what. What I'm trying to figure out is..... was there really a engine change in the phase 2 cars from the factory installed engine when clearly the ls1 and ls6 is the same block. And why is a Berger, Tom Henry,ect. ect. is less of a car than a ZL. These cars got the same treatment as the ZL. If theres a phase 3 Berger and a phase 3 ZL (both with a upgrade from a stage 1 or 2) sitting beside each other, why is the ZL worth more? It does'nt make sence to me.
The "Phase 1 & Phase 2" packages for the Berger, Tom Henry and Hot Rods are completely different that the later year offerings . . . and they both use the stock engine . . .

You have to remember the Berger SS started in 2000! It was the first of the modern dealer modified cars . . . then the other offerings came to be . . .

In 2001 General Motors had a Garnet Red prototype ZL1 built (it is now Lemans Blue). Taking off the shelf parts from Z06 and installing them on a Camaro . . . meaning AN ENGINE SWAP to a LS6, Z06 Corvette brakes. . . etc . . .

The interest in this car sparked intrest in building them. So to pull off the ZL1 program GM made the B4C police package availalble to the public. All ZL1 are hardtop B4C's. Then GMMG made the offerings . . . "Phase 1" was a 400 hp LS6 engine swap. Whether you care to believe it or not they did . . . EVERY SINGLE ZL1 got a engine replacement . ALL OF THEM. "Phase 2" was a head cam package. and "Phase 3" is the C5R 427 . . .

I do not understand why this is so difficult to comprehend or accept. . . .

Ron, yes we all do get passionate about our cars, and that passion can get the better of us. You should be proud that we take the cars you wrenched on seriously.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:48 AM
On The Tree

Default Gmmg

This camarosss is a nut job, Matt Murphy and his company are the most honest and courteous people to deal with. I have two GMMG cars (more on the way) and would never question any of their work. This guy is just mess'in with us, nobody is that ignorant to be making these accusations Matt has pumped out over 500 GMMG cars, end of story...........
Old 12-11-2007, 09:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ZL1 #14
This camarosss is a nut job, Matt Murphy and his company are the most honest and courteous people to deal with. I have two GMMG cars (more on the way) and would never question any of their work. This guy is just mess'in with us, nobody is that ignorant to be making these accusations Matt has pumped out over 500 GMMG cars, end of story...........
As I have said earlier in this thread AND MORE THAN ONCE, I have the utmost respect for Matt Murphy, Ron Gowin and Mike Carahan.

........................and Doug...............I agree with everything you said.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:59 AM
Staging Lane

Hey J.D., I may end up selling the Intimidator, but the clock stays with me!!!!!!! You know how hard they are to come by? Maybe I can convince you to autograph it. I have a feeling they will be worth quite a bit in the future! My question to you is this: is the clock face original or did you put in an over the counter "crate" face plate?
Old 12-11-2007, 10:13 AM
Launching!

Jordan,you part with that old num seven and it will haunt you till your end of days!!

Look at it this way-
David Hamburger or Dale Earnhardt
One car has an extra 30 hp that cost 18k..
The other a signed car from(arguably) the most successful Chevrolet racer/dealer in history..

Don't get me wrong the LT4 is a rare waay cool ride,but the full story and mystique surrounding the Intimidator program has yet to be told.If and when Matt decdides to discuss that they will become infinitely more collectible imho.

Old 12-11-2007, 11:08 AM
NEW
Staging Lane

All...

Yeah, i got worked up all right..... i rarely post, CAMAROSSS and his kind is the major reason why....

Think about all the server room that would be in surplus if morons stayed of the internet, and if people thought twice before they posted just about anything they can come up with..

Nahhhh, as Ron says, there is haters everywhere, CAMAROSSS would have gotten much further by using the search button, and/or beeing open minded asking the right questions, looking for the answers, instead of belieiving, the right place for that is in the church, on sundays,.

Move on guys, get the thread starter a GMMG car...
Old 12-11-2007, 11:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SSLTFOUR
Hey J.D., I may end up selling the Intimidator, but the clock stays with me!!!!!!! You know how hard they are to come by? Maybe I can convince you to autograph it. I have a feeling they will be worth quite a bit in the future! My question to you is this: is the clock face original or did you put in an over the counter "crate" face plate?
Jordan......................you're one funny guy ! ! ! ! !

No............the clock face is not the original. I did install a custom made "crate" face on it.

Old 12-11-2007, 11:25 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance
For anyone wanting "proof".. Besides the THOUSANDS of pictures Matt has taken over the years of almost every conversion done... Put your ZL1 on a lift... Shine a flashlight on the rear driver side of the block. Stock untouched GM blocks will have a laser dot Vin # etched into the block. All GMMG cars will have a crate GM LS6 block with no VIN here. It will be hand stamped by either Matt Murphy or Mike Carnahan with the vehicle VIN. This is the most obvious PROOF without tearing apart your cars.

Also CamaroSS, feel free to stop by Billy Graham F Body Salvage in Alabama. he bought 75% of the engines from Matt after the conversions. He should still have about 50 or 60 crates out at his place marked with the original ZL1 # and the original VINs on the side of the LS1 Blocks....

If you can convince Matt, Im sure he would be willing to show you his invoices from GM being the largest purchaser of LS6 Longblocks AND C5R Race Blocks in the country during the build of the ZL1s.

Just because one doesnt know the facts, does not mean they do not exist

JD, Nils, everyone else you should all be ahsamed to let someone get you so worked up with so little knowledge of your investments... You know there are going to be haters out there
OK Ron, If I go to my local dealer and order a LS1 and a LS6, I'll be getting two totally different blocks. And can you tell me the difference? Other than numbers, because the part #s are the same. And I know opinions are like A- HOLES everybody has one but, I think by changing the originality of these cars (from different phases) could hurt the future sales of these cars. I have a chance to buy a ZL phase 2 car that has been upgraded to a 3 but Matt wanted $8,000 more dollars for the phase 2 engine that he already paid for when he bought the car new. Now the engine is gone. What does he do with these engines, do they go into another ZL? I now this probally does'nt matter to the precent owners but it's something to think about. If you had a chance to buy an original '69 ZL with the original 427 for x amount of dollars, would you pay the same for one that does'nt have the original 427? And thanks for the info. I want one of these cars but don't want to make a $100,000 mistake. I'm to the point now that this is the only other thing I want other than a DH.

Quick Reply: Looking for a gmmg car!!!!!