Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

H/C fox body vs. my 02 Z

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 06:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default H/C fox body vs. my 02 Z

so cruisin around tonight i see this silver fox body mustang that was talkin **** about him being the fastest car in town .

anyway, we stop to talk, and he asked what i had done to my camaro. i said that i just had bolt ons nothing big. and he replied "Oh, nevermind then" as if he already knew he was going to win. so i was just like whatever. and i asked him what he had done and he said it was bored over and doing the run around not telling me what was done.

so after a minute of talking more i ask him to race and he said sure. so we go to the local spot. and on 3 honks we go. he gets the jump and gets about 1.5 lengths. but through 2nd i was already realing him in. and at the middle of 3rd i pass him and by 120 i put atleast a bus on him.

so after we race we stop to talk and he immediately says. " what do you got bolted on that thing, and ****** turbo?!" i just start laughing and said no just headers and exhaust intake. he couldnt believe it and then said that he missed 4th and started saying if he had a 6 speed it wouldve been closer cuz i have the extra gear. then i told him i didnt even go into 5th and he just said "oh". and i asked him what he had done and he didnt know cuz he bought it from an auction but he knew it was bored and it had trick flow heads. but didnt know how big the heads were.

so all in all, i had fun and got the W so it was a good day lol
Old 05-28-2009, 07:00 PM
Launching!

haha NICE kill, theres a stock M5 fox running around here with a 150 shot, and drag radials thats been kicking everyones ***, i wanna run him haha
Old 05-28-2009, 09:14 PM
Launching!

lol gotta love ignorant ******** that think their cars are the ****... way to shut him up.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a guy i go to school with has like an 85 roll cage, dr's, 5spd, 33x cubic inches, 530lift cam, says he runs a 12.8, i wanna run him, but i gotta wait till i get my drill mod done.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by violent_celerity
lol gotta love ignorant ******** that think their cars are the ****... way to shut him up.
after the race i couldnt help but have a grin ear to ear. he was pretty much speachless lol.

but to be honest i didnt think i was gonna take him it sounded pretty good but what 5.0 doesnt with a set of flowmasters lol
Old 05-28-2009, 10:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by benji's_z28
after the race i couldnt help but have a grin ear to ear. he was pretty much speachless lol.

but to be honest i didnt think i was gonna take him it sounded pretty good but what 5.0 doesnt with a set of flowmasters lol
lol, yea, flowmasters do sound good, thats about all they do.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:04 AM
Launching!

Good kill ,but their is no way you would pull bus lengths or at all on a h/c 302 much less 306.with the mods you listed you pulled a bus length on a bolt on fox which is totally believable.
Originally Posted by benji's_z28
so cruisin around tonight i see this silver fox body mustang that was talkin **** about him being the fastest car in town .

anyway, we stop to talk, and he asked what i had done to my camaro. i said that i just had bolt ons nothing big. and he replied "Oh, nevermind then" as if he already knew he was going to win. so i was just like whatever. and i asked him what he had done and he said it was bored over and doing the run around not telling me what was done.

so after a minute of talking more i ask him to race and he said sure. so we go to the local spot. and on 3 honks we go. he gets the jump and gets about 1.5 lengths. but through 2nd i was already realing him in. and at the middle of 3rd i pass him and by 120 i put atleast a bus on him.

so after we race we stop to talk and he immediately says. " what do you got bolted on that thing, and ****** turbo?!" i just start laughing and said no just headers and exhaust intake. he couldnt believe it and then said that he missed 4th and started saying if he had a 6 speed it wouldve been closer cuz i have the extra gear. then i told him i didnt even go into 5th and he just said "oh". and i asked him what he had done and he didnt know cuz he bought it from an auction but he knew it was bored and it had trick flow heads. but didnt know how big the heads were.

so all in all, i had fun and got the W so it was a good day lol
Old 05-29-2009, 10:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice kill, OP. Funny that he actually has no idea what's done to the car, yet he was so confident.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:42 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by kennyxg
Good kill ,but their is no way you would pull bus lengths or at all on a h/c 302 much less 306.with the mods you listed you pulled a bus length on a bolt on fox which is totally believable.
by 120 i had AT LEAST A bus on him not saying i had 2 or 3 busses but ONE. that is also kinda guessing im saying that measurement of length because i could see him in my rear mirror and he had plenty of space to get in the same lane i was in.

sorry i didnt mean to make it sound as if i put 3 busses on him. but yes a bolt on 302 that would be the case.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:52 PM
Staging Lane

I say good kill...his fault for not knowing what is done to his own car.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:07 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by firechicken76
a guy i go to school with has like an 85 roll cage, dr's, 5spd, 33x cubic inches, 530lift cam, says he runs a 12.8, i wanna run him, but i gotta wait till i get my drill mod done.
******* weak if he is 33x cam'd and dr and only running 12.8.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
******* weak if he is 33x cam'd and dr and only running 12.8.
i dunno, his is fuel injected, maybe he has a restriction somewhere?

my other friend has a 1990, 351w, 500 lift cam, weiand intake, holly carb, headers, heavily ported gt40 heads, roller rockers, a roll cage and drag radials.

we raced and he beat me by 1 length, (i didnt have drag radials though) I think hes running a low to mid 12 like me.