Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Witnessed: GTO vs 11 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 11:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gotta love how i make a point and everyone changes their attack. Still waiting for logical responses to the post i made a page ago, here ill post it again as seeing most of you dont know what a logical post is as much as i can tell by yours.

For one i wont attack you like i did them because look at the manner you used. I know how those "list" are. I don't put any faith in the internet list because people manipulate anything they can, im sure you know this but i have never seen with my own eyes a bone stock gto run better than a mid 13. I have seen with my own eyes a brand new showroom stock 5.0 go 13.0 in terrible DA and magazines have ran them 12.7 now even at that the original argument wasn't about the fastest it was about a 5.0 get slayed by a bone stock GTO by a non professional driver on the street, i hope this is getting into perspective. Now with what the people here are saying about magazine drivers is that they suck terribly and cars are always way faster, so now we have a magazine driven 12.7 car that is way faster when a pro drives it like our board member here, so does this make a bone stock 5.0 a low 12 sec car stock? Because if thats the case it really is a slaughter for even the fastest and not the average GTO like we originally started with. Im not attacking you at all just making the points i have refrained from making because the others decide to be moronic in their approach. Oh and the interior started as a jab for fun at the fan boys just to get under their skin LOL. Now once again im far from a fan boy of any make because i am into ls performance and ford and mopar as i try to explore them all and was searching for a ls car before i bought the stang and could have bought a Z06 but the insurance was way too high for me. I bought the stang only because i knew simple bolt on makes a low 13 to high 12 sec car and i couldn't find a t/a or camaro that i liked the price of. Jason's SRT8 impressed me alot for it being so big and heavy and the looks of the front of the car are also impressive , i have seen the inside many times but never got around to riding in it because we were always busy or got sidetracked but i have seen it at the track and it was impressive for a big car like that with a cai, handheld to run high 12s on stock wheels and tires.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:31 AM
***Repost Police***

Not sure what kind of responses you are looking for... everyone who does even a little research know that LS2 GTOs put down the kind of performance that was reserved for the best LS1 F-bodies; low-mid 13s, with some breaking into the 12s. They regularly trap 108mph+.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by headed-ws6
I would retract this statement as there are plenty of automatic fbodys putting done 500+ hp through these little junk rearends numbers your almighty rearend wish it could see.

his "junk" rear end is 8.8" with 31spline axles and heavy duty. 1.5-1.6 60' times are good. the 2011GT lift the front tires with that rear end. lots if 10 second cars with that rear end.

im not bagging on f0bod rear ends, but they blow all the time.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:53 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BubbaRATM
Point is the mustang has not been.
It should have been. If fact you could actually say it was.

Unless you really want to admit the Mustang II was a real Mustang.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tigertales
It should have been. If fact you could actually say it was.

Unless you really want to admit the Mustang II was a real Mustang.
the mustang II was terrible but still a mustang.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:39 PM
TECH Regular

my rear wont break with what i have done, its not that weak junk 7.5 LOL

you wish your GMs came with a good rearend like mine did
I would rather have the better motor then the better rear
Old 09-20-2010, 05:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jetaws6
I would rather have the better motor then the better rear
then buy the ls car and put a 9 inch in and have the best of both LOL
Old 09-20-2010, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

just because it is weak junk doesn't mean it wont do it for a bit, but you and every other f body owner on this board knows the 7.5 is junk and much power over stock and its time to spend $2500 for a 12 bolt.
I have a lot more power than stock and you with bolt ons/spray(best time is 12oh with MTs-full weight with jack,spare and all sway bars on). They live for a while on an auto-they are weak though. But I would rather have that rear that a 3valve 4.6 in my engine bay
Old 09-20-2010, 06:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
I have a lot more power than stock and you with bolt ons/spray(best time is 12oh with MTs-full weight with jack,spare and all sway bars on). They live for a while on an auto-they are weak though. But I would rather have that rear that a 3valve 4.6 in my engine bay
not going to lie i am confused on this post a little , are you asking what my best time is < I have a lot more power than stock and you with bolt ons/spray(best time is 12oh with MTs-full weight with jack,spare and all sway bars on)> ?? but yes i have done no weight reduction to my car at all, i pulled the spare and jack and rear seat out one day and the et was no different so its back in.

next was this part <They live for a while on an auto-they are weak though. But I would rather have that rear that a 3valve 4.6 in my engine bay> were you saying my rear diff is weak or the f body 7.5? and i would rather have an ls engine also , they make great power and are easy to mod, mo mod motor is a PITA!
Old 09-20-2010, 07:02 PM
Staging Lane

since magazine times are what we go off of.....

I do like this one...

Old 09-20-2010, 07:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stupid really does multiply on here..

Another jackass that can't read or just isn't capable?

Didn't they stop making the GTO? Not once but twice now LOL. OH yes they did... OH and my heap is yes still being produced. You really are stupid enough to come in here bashing my car when this thread isn't even about my car..... So now for someone to make a comment or valid argument they need not have knowledge but own the car in question? Go take your stupid imbread *** somewhere where people care to listen to your pointless bullshit.

Unlike you my car wasn't discontinued it was upgraded and the 300hp v6 is pretty cool and no it doesn't bother me that it has the same power as my STOCK mustang.

If you insist on making a point please do as all you have done is show exactly how dumb you really are.

Oh by the way genius what does my car run since you know im in the bolt on ls2 gto times?
Old 09-20-2010, 07:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by najaf4life
since magazine times are what we go off of.....

I do like this one...

that is great but the only problem is that,........well its not a GTO!
Old 09-20-2010, 07:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CoolAid
i bet it took you all day to create that **** too LOL
Old 09-20-2010, 07:47 PM
Staging Lane

that is great but the only problem is that,........well its not a GTO!
damn..... I didn't know that....

just showing that anything can happen.....
Old 09-20-2010, 07:59 PM
Teching In

damn..... I didn't know that....

just showing that anything can happen.....

Tim Tosto from st louis had a 2002 that went 12.88 bone stock also , whats your point? That is not a gto and Tim IS a world class driver unlike most of the board members that like to just talk **** on the webz. He held the n/a world record in the f body until Alan Futral broke it.

care to throw more camaro facts into a GTO spat?
Old 09-20-2010, 08:11 PM
Staging Lane

Tim Tosto from st louis had a 2002 that went 12.88 bone stock also , whats your point? That is not a gto and Tim IS a world class driver unlike most of the board members that like to just talk **** on the webz. He held the n/a world record in the f body until Alan Futral broke it.

care to throw more camaro facts into a GTO spat?
okay.. once again... showing anything can happen... a car can run great... or a car can runny like crap.... if you race a car that runs like either one... it does not mean that all of them run the same way....
Old 09-20-2010, 08:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey Bubba, I went 12.8 @ 110 mph in my stock 01 WS6 and Im not anywhere near a worldclass driver.

And did I mention the fastest time for a GTO as being 12.6? I cant rememeber if I did or not.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:21 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
Hey Bubba, I went 12.8 @ 110 mph in my stock 01 WS6 and Im not anywhere near a worldclass driver.

And did I mention the fastest time for a GTO as being 12.6? I cant rememeber if I did or not.
no way you went that fast.... because your not a world class driver....

no way in hell can someone that is not a famous driver can you get a car to go that fast....

Old 09-20-2010, 08:26 PM
Teching In

okay.. once again... showing anything can happen... a car can run great... or a car can runny like crap.... if you race a car that runs like either one... it does not mean that all of them run the same way....
never said they would all run like **** and i know there are some that run a little better than others but were not talking about the handfull of camaros that broke into 12,80 and 90s stock were talking about a heavier car doing the same with less power to weight ratio.

Originally Posted by necrocannibal

and you didn't hold the n/a world record in a 6 speed either...........
Old 09-20-2010, 08:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

and you didn't hold the n/a world record in a 6 speed either...........
Didnt claim to but it would have drug your *** down the road. Now my GTO would make you look like a 4 cylinder.

Quick Reply: Witnessed: GTO vs 11 5.0