Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

C6Z vs. 500hp Turbo S2k (vid)

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 09:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Killemall
First and foremost Wesman is my new hero...

Secondly Poopras suck and my stomache just churned as a few of you praised them and gasp even said you might purchase one someday..nsx and gtr I understand but I just can never grasp the supra...to each there own and I wouldnt pick on a retarded person so I wont pick on you...

now to be serious for a second..he he he..

The turbo civic pulling the slightly modded 467 rwhp Viper is pretty kool..

But in reality that Viper was desighned back in 2002..A stock 450 rwhp C6Z06 will still pull that Viper buy a car and a stock 2008 Viper will pull that Viper by 3 cars..

Not trying to this my gen3 Viper as I love it to def but trapping low 120's or maybe mid 120's with his few bolt ons isnt exactly stellar these days..

When the civic races a 2008 Viper with the stock 550 rwhp and 130 plus mph capabilties and beats it is the day they can exclaim Viper epic fail. As that will truly be impressive...Still much rather have the Viper but that would be somthing few cars have been able to do..

450 rwhp C6Z06's and 520 rwhp pullied and bolt on cobras haveing been whooping stock 450 rwhp 03-06 Viper srt10 A$$ for quite some time..

You gotta step it up a lil lightning Teg...

Find a 08 viper or ZR1 and show us all whats up
one of the fastest street cars i've seen in my life is a TT viper. walking BIKES is his pasttime.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheHitman
I like how you grouped Supras with Hondas. Despite your paranoid beliefs I'm on the original engine that came with my car and making over 3x more power. And Supras have all the parts built to hit over 160mph as bone stock they can hit 165 mph with ease and make 450whp with simple bolt-ons reliably. How about you do more research on the car you hate so much than talk **** and bench race, but whatever you own a Viper with 476 RAW Wheel Horsepower!
Obviously you didn't read his post. He had personal experience with the car and he didn't care for it.

A kid I went to school with had an '83 Supra with a 7MGTE swapped in, fully restored. Motor blew up 4 times over the course of having the car. Every day it had some new problem with it. He had well over $30,000 invested not including the purchase price. It made 440WHP at its pinnacle, then it blew up again. It also had horrible turbo lag, no power until 3500RPM, and it leaked oil like it was its job.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by noride
whoever groups supras and hondas is a crack smoker,the supra is a bitchen car,i would love to own a tt supra
MKIV would be my favorite - not just because it is a Fast and the Furious car lol I have actually rode in one

And agreed, lock this
Old 12-08-2010, 09:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

chris millers civic -2400lbs. 1200whp.

Propulsion
B18c1 (2.01 Liter)
Avid Racing engine mounts
NRG Tech 1200+ hp long block package
NRG Tech pistons
NRG Tech spec connecting rods by GRP
NRG Tech modified Honda oil pump
NRG Tech radiator
NRG Tech CNC cylinder head
NRG Tech liquid to air intercooler
NRG Tech exhaust manifold
NRG Tech downpipe
Tial 60mm wastegate
Custom Web camshafts
Modified Web rock arms
Ferrea valves
Ferrea valve springs
Ferrea retainers
Ferrea keepers
Bosch motor sports 413 fuel pumps
EFI wizard 1000cc injectors x 4
EFI wizard 2000cc injectors x 4
Wilson mainfolds intake manifold
Wilson mainfolds fuel rail
Wilson mainfolds 90mm throttle body
Kinsler Fuel Injection fuel lines
Kinsler Fuel Injection fuel filter
Kinsler Fuel Injection fuel pressure regulator
Precision turbo and engine gt4272r turbo
AEM boost controller
AEM series 2 engine management
AEM CDI ignition
Racepak V300 data logger
Racepak IQ3 logger dash
Driveshaft Shop differential
Driveshaft Shop axles
PPG gears
Spec Carbon twin disk clutch
Spec ultra pro light flywheel
Old 12-08-2010, 09:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by assasinator
chris millers civic -2400lbs. 1200whp.

MODS
If anyone calls this car a ricer or a pos they just need to drive off a cliff.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

it is decent power for a 4 cylinder. a lot of effort to be different. more than i would take. the same effort would have him running 6's in outlaw EFI 10.5.

the kid who installed my windows in the house races ricers. he is getting a straight cut gears tranny for it. 370whp i think he said. he will be quick, and chris can talk about his times and MPH. but 1200whp is not really very much power in the big sceme. not disrespecting.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
Obviously you didn't read his post. He had personal experience with the car and he didn't care for it.

A kid I went to school with had an '83 Supra with a 7MGTE swapped in, fully restored. Motor blew up 4 times over the course of having the car. Every day it had some new problem with it. He had well over $30,000 invested not including the purchase price. It made 440WHP at its pinnacle, then it blew up again. It also had horrible turbo lag, no power until 3500RPM, and it leaked oil like it was its job.
And I've had 3 friends who blew their motors on their C5 Z06s, one of them blew it twice. The guy who blew his motor up twice blew the first motor on a 150 shot and then on nitrous. And it sounds like this friend of your didn't know what he was doing at all and I guarantee he did his own work.

IBTL!!!
Old 12-08-2010, 09:56 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02

4 built motors and this kid couldn't fix an oil leak? Sounds like a good mechanic.

1200whp is not really very much power in the big sceme. not disrespecting.
1200whp in a <2400lb honda is very different than 1200whp in most domestics, where the cars typically have race weights of 800+lbs more.

At the end of the day it's a little FWD 4 banger trapping 181 (because he lifts at the end of the track, the car has more but he is not certified to go faster) so even though Hondas aren't my thing, i have a ton of respect for it.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Teching In

Vipers. suck

-

LOL...My dad has had two supras...the last one was a late 80's or early 90's mach what ever they are...It was built pretty good by the owner and over 400 rwhp way back in 92 when he owned it...

Fast car but it was an ugly import and the engine blew...

Mom currently has a Lexus s400 or what ever that one is that looks kinda like the supra and is like 300 HP from the 90's..

POS as well

Bad taste in my mouth....Go up to 10 random import racer owners...Id wager that 4 of them are on a second engine..Even my nsx had the engine replaced...

The ones that arent on their second engine had the engine completely built by professionals and at that point the 12 or 20 or 30 or 40K could have built a dodge minivan to be fast and halfway reliable....OR, they are smart and just running 50-100 rwhp over stock...

These guys makeing a 170 rwhp engine into a 450 rwhp engine off boost just kill me...Youve got a car desighned to hit 120 mph..Everything from the brakes and suspension ect, was ment just for that..

Now youve got a ticking time bomb...But even worse a 450 rwhp car at 2900 pounds that has an open differential with one 8.5 inch wide wheel spinning thats zooming up to 160 mph on the freeway and going in and out of lane due to stability issues and then unable to stop...

LS1 Fbody may not be the most expensive car...But everything on that car was desighned to be adequate up to 161 mph

Theirs a reason many oif us dont care for ricers. These are mine
Fixed.. But in truth Vipers do suck. Look at yours. It's been in the shop for about 2 months now for a bolt from the roller rocker falling into the engine. Installing a cam isn't going to magically raise your 2 low compression cylinders. Our buddy with the Roe Supercharged viper was always breaking down as well. And your past 2 vipers went straight into walls.. and the walls weren't even moving.

So from my perspective.. All the vipers I've encountered are very unreliable. Ticking time bombs. But then I realize.. that I am only accounting for 3 vipers out of all the vipers. In fact there are some monster TT Vipers running around in the 48 states that would eat everything here for lunch on a good dry day.

The supra on the other hand is a reliable car if you know how to treat it right. Do some research. If you bring up the fact that its a $40,000 pos.. then to each there own. I don't claim that the Supra is in the same league as a Viper. It's not. Stock vs stock. But it is a Japanese sports car that can do some pretty amazing things modded.

Now if you bring up stock vs stock.. of course the viper is better. Hell.. a twin turbo viper is no joke.. but neither is a modded supra. You can tell me that it takes less money to mod the viper to make those 7's.. but I'm willing to bet that they cost almost the same.

And lastly..

Now your stereotypical muscle car guy is the average know it all. I had a guy come up to me and my Z06 and ask me what my mods where. I told him and he laughed. Only to tell me that if only he had met me earlier.. he would have told me how to mod my Z properly. The guy drove a firehawk. Hey bud.. when you can afford your own Z.. you can mod it however your budget allows.. but please don't think that i'll listen to some guy that can't even afford one. Dude.. I built the car for myself. I build all the cars for myself. Yes there are other ways to do it better.. but in the end.. I'm satisfied with my builds on my Z and supra's. The end..
Old 12-08-2010, 10:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RSKY
I build all the cars for myself. Yes there are other ways to do it better.. but in the end.. I'm satisfied with my builds on my Z and supra's. The end..
Story of my life

And millers car is straight up ridiculous. If you know what it takes to get a car (Especially a 4 cyl, FWD) to run that quick/fast, you would understand. And its *only* a 67mm turbo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0wtoLuZnc4
Old 12-08-2010, 10:12 PM
***Repost Police***

it is decent power for a 4 cylinder. a lot of effort to be different. more than i would take. the same effort would have him running 6's in outlaw EFI 10.5.

the kid who installed my windows in the house races ricers. he is getting a straight cut gears tranny for it. 370whp i think he said. he will be quick, and chris can talk about his times and MPH. but 1200whp is not really very much power in the big sceme. not disrespecting.
And with the money it took you to buy/mod your new GT, you could be running 8s in several different cars... so? You didn't want to. Which is the point. It's still a 2,400lb 1,200whp car that traps 181mph lifting at the end of the track.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:15 AM
Launching!

typical rsponse from probally a redkneck who watched FandF too many times and never had time to get married or have kids and lives in a card board box in tenesee spending all his money to mod his supra to win by an inch or a mile...

Supra owners...JEEZE(j/k)

LOL.....I knew If I egged you on enough you would throw your 2 cents in..he he he...

Honest to God no BS here..Supra is the muscle car of Japanese cars...But is that somthing really so special????

Or is it just special because back then 280 at the REAR wheels on a Jap car was a big deal compared to the other 220 rwhp and below Japanese cars available?

Is 450 rwhp BPU really so special nowadays where any Cobra can do it with a pulley change or many cars have more than that stock..Or is it just special because back then in the mid 90's 450 rwhp BPU was amazing????

Is 550 rwhp with 10K really so special nowadays...Or can any supercharged new mustang or new camaro do it?

what about 650 rwhp with 17K????Is that so special? Or with 17K could you buy an stroked/forged kit with a supercharger and make the same power????

How about 22K for 800 rwhp???????

The point I will always make is that the supra isnt so much about the car as it was the cars capabilities....Those capabilities were mind blowing back in the mid 90's...

but these days you can put a 7K paxton on a stock Viper and make 700 rwhp on pump gas..

You can make 550 plus rwhp on most new sports cars with just a supercharger

At some point is it the car or the modifications that are impressive. I like Z06's and Vipers and GTR's because from a technical stand point they are built to do so many things incredibly. A great driver can take a stock Viper/Z06/GTR to a road course and just dominate other modded lesser cars. The supra would fall into the lesser car catergory...

It dosent have great looks though it is decent..Just a lil too plain and hence why so many people add body kits ect.

The interior isnt anything special and actually far too huge to be considered sporty

The stock power of 280 rwhp and 3550 pounds equates to 0-60 in 5.1 and 13.6's at 103 mph..Kool for early 90's but come on...That my 91 nsx's stock numbers and know one thought that was fast...

The handling is surprising better than many would expect. Very close to a 91 nsx and the C5 vette..Easily grouped with them handling wise in raw lap times even though just a smidgen slower...

But again as time moved forward the most disgusting LSx based car ever desighned the 2005 GTO can also handle just as well as the cars listed. So again nothing really their..

SO WHAT IS IT THAT MAKES PEOPLE BUY AN OLD TOYOTA FOR 17-22-26-30-35 even 40K for a pristine low low low milage 1998??????

HISTORY......Plain and simple. People are remembering how mind blowing the car was back in the mid 90's compared to foreighn or domestic....Sure stock for stock a 91 ZR1 or 92 Viper would just run away...But BPU to 450 rwhp and well now it's the supras turn. The ZR1 or Viper could no way in hell add as much power as easily as the Supra did back then for the same price..

The 370 rwhp 92 viper and 340 rwhp ZR1 would have their hands full to match that 450 rwhp..

hence a legend was born. The supra. Then almosty as if ethed in concrete the FandF franchise made this LEGEND very well known...

I myself didnt even get into cars till about 2001...You and I both know that I hardly knew what a supra was till you told me..I missed the faze were the supra was dominateing through the mid 90's...By the time I finally got to know about the car It was nearly as impressive anymore....

HISTORY is so important for us car enthusiast. The 1996 viper was the fastest regular production car available in the US with it's 11.9 at 121 mph 1/4 mile times. It quite simply shocked the world....It then dominated the 90's in the T-1 class..

Honestly the srt10 that came in 2003 in convertable form only survived because of this history/reputation. being a convertable it was constantly kicked off of 1/4 mile tracks and not alloowed to compete at road courses unless a roll bar was installed into the brand new 85K car....It acomplished very very little..

By just 2005 the FGT had kicked the srt10 Vipers a$$ and by 2006 the C6Z06 just dominated it in straight line performance..

So why did anyone even care about it..The History etched in their minds from 1996 where the Viper was untouchable..Even the mighty BPU supra of 450 rwhp that destroyed the 370 rwhp stock 92-95 Vipers can be seen on multiple youtube video's getting pulled by stock 1996 Vipers...

History/street cred is so important. But eighter you were a part of it or you wernt. Despite my father owning a supra I never followed them..

so now all I see is a 40K car..no differant than a 96 corvette

all I see is a weight of 3550 pounds no differant than a mustang

all I see is mid 13's at low 100's for trap speeds no differant than a 370Z

All I see is an exterior that to me looks about as good as a 3000GT...Good but not grabbing my soul

It's a very personal thing...I was paying attention when the GTS dominated. I was paying attention when the 2001 Z06 ran low 12's for 48K stock out of the box and proceeded to build a reputation as deserving as they come...

But I missed the boat on the legend known as the supra

The reputation however is their. I just never had a chance to fall in love with it...

The supra and GTR are the same in many ways. They both built reputations off of what they can be modded to do. Not so much what they do when stock. You will very rarely see a vid of a stock supra racing. As it would get beat by just about anything these days.

Same for the GTR..the few stock GTR vids Ive seen have had it beaten by not so fast cars such as the Gallardo and F430..handidly beaten by 1-3 car lengths.

But for every vid you can search to find of a stock supra/GTR raceing..Their are 100 more of a modded GTR or modded Supra walking away from the Gallardo/F430..

So much to the fact that you almost forget that the Supra is down right a slow OEM car by todays standards and that the GTR only trapps high teens..

But the street cred is already their..Ask any ricer and they will proudly exclaim that a GTR will destroy a Gallardo or F430..Every vid they have seen tells them this....Of course in those vids they hardly ever mention the GTR has pcm upgrade and bolt ons for 520 awhp. A full 100 awhp over stock

BUT the GTR has somthing the supra never did. A very hefty price tag and world class handling/suspension/brakes ect.

So I ask the question again. What are you paying for...Is it actually the mid 13 second 3550 pound OK looking supra??????? Or is it the mental image from the 90's of the body kitted supra with 650 rwhp that walked away from everything?????Or is it simply for the reputation that was built over time????

Again I never had the chance to fall in love with the car. So all I see is the alright looking 3550 pound mid 13 second car. Despite the reputation I now know about I cant even begin to truly appreciate it when their are currently 130 mph stock vipers and 132 mph stock ZR1's and even the new lambo and ferrari that just both ran 11.0's at 129 mph in the mags...Theirs just so much amazing machinery out their now that with the supra you eighter get it or you dont....

......I dont......

Our very own vid of you in your stock Z06 at 455 rwhp and me in my 457 rwhp srt10 viper with intake/roller rockers against this highly modded 600 rwhp supra is a great representation....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2rBiMEyI84

Their he is at 160 mph at 1/4 car ahead of mey Viper and a car behind your Z06..

Now rewind 8 years and the same 600 rwhp supra against a stock 345 rwhp C5Z06 and 420 rwhp GTS Viper with intake/roller rockers..

Viper gets pulled by 3 cars and the C5Z06 pulled by 7 cars..

rewind even more were that same 600 rwhp supra races a stock 335 ZR1 and a 1995 rt10 viper with intake/roller rockers at 380 rwhp..

Rt10 Is 6 cars behind and ZR1 is 8 cars behind the supra..

Thats what Im talking about! thats what reputation was built..

But all I see is how a stock Z06 pulled a supra with double its origional rwhp by a car length and how a SRT10 with intake/rockers lost by a fender..

As well the supra is so reliant on a great build and good driving..I seem to remember beating your 700 rwhp supra in a 4xx rwhp viper???? Or did I put a couple cars on you and shut down..or did I put a few cars on you and then you came back and ended up getting me by a car length...

It was a LONG time ago..And your build has changed since then but their is no denying that you just never really know what your gonna get with those cars...You got some at 550 rwhp running 10's and some at 700 rwhp running 11's and even a few at 900 plus rwhp running 12's...

Get everything right and they can be amazing..But it appears to be a gamble

We are both viewing the same thing but seeing it completely differantly

Last edited by Killemall; 12-09-2010 at 03:46 AM.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:18 AM
***Repost Police***

Jesus Christ, is typing in a regular understandable manner that hard? Outside of the fact that half the things you say are nonsense, the way you type is completely elementary.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:36 AM
Teching In

LoL Killemall. Everything that spews from your mouth (or keyboard I should say) is literally radioactive waste.

You could have just said:

I dont like supras. Supras are old. I dont like supras. Supras arent as good as vipers or z06s. Cobras with pulleys are fast. I dont like supras.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:59 AM
Launching!

found our old kill story. I think this was when I lost respect for the supra. As you told me your car was 700 rwhp on its lowest setting and my car was only 428 rwhp....I was expecting you to just flat out murder me..But heres what happenned

many moons ago back in 2006

My viper is a 99 rt10 with an air intake (smooth tubes) and no cats (straight pipes).....producing 428 rwhp and 473 rwt

My buddies supra is a 1000 rwhp beaste with 50 grand worth of modifications......

Out of sympathy he decided to run me on his lowest boost (18 psi) and on pump gas. At his lowest setting he is 550 rwhp.. ( stroked engine with racing heads and the works producing 300 HP at just the 3.4 engine)

(Now in all fairness to my self a few weeks ago he said his lowest boost setting was still 600-700 rwhp and that my weak 428 rwhp would have a chance ...but now after the race he says it was only 550ish) in his defense maybe on race gas it's still 600-700 rwhp on his lowest setting and 550 on pump gas......

Well we go at a 3 honk and I IMEDIATLY put 4-5 cars on him from the 70 mph roll hit..

I switch from second to third and hold my ground till we shut down at 125 mph with him 2-3 cars back..

He gives me the victory but says he started in third instead of 2nd...

fair enough but a wins a win...

We line up at 70 again and do the three beeps. Fairly confident that im gonna jump out on him i give him the jump..

see him move and im flooring it in second gear again. This time i put a good 2-3 cars on him and hold it their from 70-100 mph..Then around 100 mph he creeps up to me and by the time we shut down at 130 mph he has 2 cars on me..

well seems this time he started in second gear and I aknowledge his victory..

Then we slow back down to 55 mph for a final run. We both hit it simutaneosly and I once again put a few cars on him from 55-100 mph..But around 100 mph he's coming up at a good clip and puts two -three cars on me. But then he shifts gears and I come back up to within a car length of him..

At this time were doing 140-150 mph ( im nt sure beacuse i was well in two the 4500 rpm range of fourth gear, and traffic was aproaching fast..

so we both let off with him a car ahead but seeming as if i was about to over take him...

So we agreed to throw that race away and just say it was one to one...

Well this viper never ceases to amaze me. what i dont have in huge peak rwhp I do have in power under the curve an tourque that could seriously jump out a car or two against just about anything that has similar rwhp...

I give my friend lots of props for finally seeming like he's learning to drive that beaste. it's been an uphill battle for him but last night he was in the right gears and right rpm's and brake boosting with the best of them ( hey I know that all sounds elementary but when you ave 550 rwhp from a spooling turbo im sure it is quite a skill to master and take full advantage of verses me just hitting the throttle at any time in any rpm and having around 500 rwt at only 4000 rpm's...

Oh... for what it's worth to any non viper guys who are reading this post. A gen 2 viper with air intake and no cats like on mine usually run around 11.8 at 120 mph on regular street tires in the 1/4 mile..

i have no dea what the average regular street tire 550 rwhp supra runs.

But i know from a 70 mph roll these two are a great race!!!!!!!!!

I think being so let down is what gave me tha bad taste..I really wanted to see what a 700 rwhp car could do..it was at time time I learned about lag ect
Old 12-09-2010, 04:09 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
LoL Killemall. Everything that spews from your mouth (or keyboard I should say) is literally radioactive waste.

You could have just said:

I dont like supras. Supras are old. I dont like supras. Supras arent as good as vipers or z06s. Cobras with pulleys are fast. I dont like supras.
reguardless of what yyou post and rather you are right or not..I just cant take you seriously wih that civic picture...take it down and just say the specs...

-500 rwhp
-2800 pounds
-beats vipers
-black on black vehicle

that would make me take you much more seriously. You seem very knowledgable and like a great guy..Just after years of makeing fun of civics..Well Im brain washed to automatically degrade everything you say..

help a brother out yo take the pic down

That wo
Old 12-09-2010, 04:12 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Jesus Christ, is typing in a regular understandable manner that hard? Outside of the fact that half the things you say are nonsense, the way you type is completely elementary.
Yes your correct my dear watson..Elementary indeed
Old 12-09-2010, 04:16 AM
Launching!

I apoligize guys...RSKY and I have been haveing this discussion for quite a few years now...Little by little Im swaying his way and he mine..

Took me about 2 years to convince him that a 40K supra with 40K in mods that runs 9's is still no were near the same class as a Lamborguini..Finally one day he woke up and called me up and told me I was right..

So I apologize as really we are just typing what we always say to eachother
Old 12-09-2010, 04:27 AM
Teching In

That was a long time ago and I've gotten a little better as a driver. Want a rematch? Vids? No problem. Just let me know when your vipers done.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:10 AM
On The Tree

Blah Supra blah Supra blah.
Honest to God no BS here..Supra is the muscle car of Japanese cars...But is that somthing really so special????
Holy **** guy, I understand you hate Supras but damn you need to chill out. To some a Supra means a lot. It does to me, I don't need to brag about my car or about how fast it is or this or that or anything else because I know what it does. Its a car, its fast for me and I have fun with it. It performs well in what I want it to do and I've had very few problems with it. Many of the people that buy get it for that reason.

Bottom line up front, the Supra has proven to be the superior price per performance platform out of all Japanese Import cars. That alone plus the positive reputation its gained over the years in performance and reliability made that possible. Also the movie the Fast and the Furious Contributed to its rep as well as the limited numbers in the US (only sitting at about 6500 MKIV Supras currently). Thats it.

I understand you like Vipers, thats cool. I might own one someday.

Quick Reply: C6Z vs. 500hp Turbo S2k (vid)