Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 06:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Killemall that first video you posted is a MODDED C6 vs a stock GTR
Old 12-14-2010, 06:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does anyone actually read Killemall's clusterfuck posts? I mean holy ****, how can you look at that abomination of a post, knowing it's going to be filled with all kinds of bench racing and massive NSX/Viper humping, and actually want to read that ****? Props to those of you that can, because that **** hurts my brain.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:32 PM
Launching!

And just pray a stock one dosent run into the new stock gallardo or stock ferrari. They both just went 11.0 at 129 mph 100% BONE STOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-14-2010, 06:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Killemall that first video you posted is a MODDED C6 vs a stock GTR
ii says Z06 in the title..Stock Z06 actually..But if that is just a bolt on LS3 as the camera car then thats even worse..LOL
Old 12-14-2010, 06:43 PM
Launching!

This is the vette vid in question..The title on youtube says stock Z06.....As well the second race against the black vette it appears to be a standard C6...While the red camera car most defiently sounds LS7 to me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O7Xf...ayer_embedded#!

reguardless rather a stock LS7 or bolt on LS3...that GTR showed just how slow they are from the factory
Old 12-14-2010, 07:17 PM
Launching!

posted by rsky

TheHitman
View Public Profile
Send a private message to TheHitman
Find More Posts by TheHitman
Add TheHitman to Your Contacts

Today, 08:09 AM #113
RSKY
Teching In

Trader Rating: 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraJZA80
No offense to RSKY, but he does not get out in his car often enough to maximize his cars potential. I do like your Supra though .

None taken! Good races guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killemall
Wes...Back off a lil brother and give the new supra owner a chance..he hasnt proven to be retarded yet...Lets use his hopefully unbiased knowledge to learn about the enemy.

There is no such thing as unbiased knowledge on LS1tech. Wesman is on of the most biased I believe. And you are Pretty biased as well when it comes to Vipers and NSX's. It's not wrong, just what an individual believes. Example below.

Quote:
Their is only one car I know of that can dyno higher than the supra and run lower 7's on the 6 speed at the quarter...And thats why I own it. the supra has acomplished a lot...But Im in agreeance with some..for 100K what car couldnt acomplish a lot...???

I'd say a viper couldn't accomplish a lot for 100k. When you put the price of the car plus the price of mods, You really can't do to much to the viper to make it much faster. In fact, how much does it take to make the $90k viper go into the low 7 second beast that makes more hp than the 1993-1998 supra? UGR says $95,000. So it takes almost $200,000 to make the Viper that fast huh? For that price it better wake you up with ********, and tell you your awesome everyday.
I know you told me you don't want to make your Viper Twin turbo'd, but you should at least know what it costs if your going to mention that the viper could be that 7 second, 1500 rwhp monster. It costs exactly a brand new viper.

The GTR while a great car, also costs money to make fast. Approximately $84k for a brand new GTR and to make the GTR go 9's? approximately 50k. So for Roughly $135k you could have a 9 second GTR that can be daily driven.
Awesome car performance wise.. But is it really the best bang for buck? I'd say a supra is.

Just making a point.

Quote:
A 1993 supra really sells for 17-25K depending on milage ect. Even a friend of mine with a 1000 rwhp supra says he will be lucky to get 45-50K if he sells it..

I said that and it was taken out of context. I said, If I were desperate for money and wanted to make a quick sale and dollar, I would be lucky to sell it for 45-50k. I could part it out and make more but I wouldn't want to. You just can't expect to make every cent you put into mods back. Just doesn't work that way. Besides, the auto market is like Real estate.. you have your ups and downs.

your forgetting somthing verty important....ne car runs low 13's out of the box..and one car runs high 10's out of the box

Just to get a stock supra to the 10.9 at 130 mph capabilities of the stock 2008 viper is no easy task.....And then you are only even...

Just my stock 400 rwhp 1999 viper gave 500 plus rwhp supras a good run..Imagine a stock 550 rwhp 2008 viper....

So while I get what yopu are saying..It cost big money to make anything run 7's....Assuming you can even achieave that before blowing up the car..how many problems have you ran into to still only run 12's in your supra.....I recently messed up a roller rocker just running mid 11's...

Now your talking about 7's????????

Just sayin...A stock car that can legitimatly run low 11's high 10's at 128-131 mph like a stock 2008 viper is worth it's weight in gold with a factory warranty....Thats what your paying for.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:19 PM
Teching In

NOOBINATOR...

Love the name BTW....But FERRARI/LAMBO..Not even mentioned in the same sentance...The Viper/NSX are both bonafied bottome of the barrel exotics..Theve got a just barely pricey enough MSRP of 83K and 87K (starting from the early 2000's mind you) respectively for the base models...Theve got the look at me Im somthing special looks ...Theve got the 1 off thing going for them. One has the largest production engine available for sale and the other was desighned by a famous F1 driver from the ground up and one of the first all aluminum vehicles built...But more importantly they both are VERY rare and in 15-20 year production runs only 20-25K were produced for each car...

But the biggest factor is the production numbers This is were I dont think the GTR can make it into the bottom of the barrel exotic catergory. There seems to be a lot of them. Ive seen more GTR's in the past 18 months than I have Vipers in my life...

So basically before you can even compare to an exotic lambo.ferrari..You have to atleaste be in a lower level exotic...Cant say the GTR is one
Uh, You do know the Supra is more rare than either the Viper or NSX. 6000 turbo charged versions imported to the US between 1993 to 1998.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:21 PM
***Repost Police***

God damn man, learn to format paragraph structures and organize your thoughts. Every post you make is a headache to read.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:59 PM
Teching In

your forgetting somthing very important....ne car runs low 13's out of the box..and one car runs high 10's out of the box

Just to get a stock supra to the 10.9 at 130 mph capabilities of the stock 2008 viper is no easy task.....And then you are only even...

Just my stock 400 rwhp 1999 viper gave 500 plus rwhp supras a good run..Imagine a stock 550 rwhp 2008 viper....

So while I get what yopu are saying..It cost big money to make anything run 7's....Assuming you can even achieave that before blowing up the car..how many problems have you ran into to still only run 12's in your supra.....I recently messed up a roller rocker just running mid 11's...

Now your talking about 7's????????

Just sayin...A stock car that can legitimatly run low 11's high 10's at 128-131 mph like a stock 2008 viper is worth it's weight in gold with a factory warranty....Thats what your paying for.

I didn't forget that. It's actually 2 cars that run high 10's out of the box. but can I drive that high 10? no. Just like you can't drive yours to a 10.. but then again, you don't have an 08 viper.

I've had a few issues with the supra, but it was never on the engine. It was on all the other parts that I didn't beef up, such as my driveshaft and clutch.

As far as Warranty is concerned.. as soon as I started modding my cars.. I figure I am voiding my warranty. Even on my 07 Z. If something brakes, I'm willing to pay out of pocket for it. That's just the name of the game.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:12 PM
Teching In

At the end of the day its still garbage made by Chrysler.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by noobinator
Killmall

What I said before as far as the GTR, lambo, GT3 are PERFORMANCE WISE stock for stock are in the same class and have close numbers 1/4mile, track etc...I said nothing comparing of price, production and style.

To Wesman read the info on the vid before you post up again "those aren't stock cars"

STOCK GTR VS STOCK GT3...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrd8VzfZzN8
At about 1:25 into the vid, the owner of Streetfire/GTR says that the GTR was built to be a porsche turbo beater. So where's the porsche turbo? And no, a GT3 isn't nearly as fast as a turbo.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RSKY
At about 1:25 into the vid, the owner of Streetfire/GTR says that the GTR was built to be a porsche turbo beater. So where's the porsche turbo? And no, a GT3 isn't nearly as fast as a turbo.
Agreed.

The new 911 Turbo will annihilate a GTR in every respect.

0-60 in 2.7 seconds, they are insane.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:41 PM
***Repost Police***

It did beat it around the 'Ring... just saying. OF COURSE I would rather have the Porsche, but that doesn't discount what the GT-R did.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:47 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
You're obviously a miserable and pathetic person seeing as you feel the need to call me out when I haven't done anything to you.
Are you describing yourself. Lol

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
I call everyone out, but if someone does it to me then it's no fair
So true, notice how Wesman picks and chooses what to respond to. If he has no strong argument he starts to insult in attempt to insert his superiority

Originally Posted by WSsick
Does anyone actually read Killemall's clusterfuck posts?
Hell No!! Not that i don't like the guy, but I came here to discuss not to read a literary novel. If I wanted to read a novel, I'd not be looking for meaningful, long, and thought out posts on a bs section about street racing.
I was just going to post the same thing btw.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
It did beat it around the 'Ring... just saying. OF COURSE I would rather have the Porsche, but that doesn't discount what the GT-R did.
I agree.. but it would have been the same day, same track, same conditions, and same driver. The ring is humongous and you can mess up at any point on the track. The smaller track that they were using would have reduced the room for error, and still let the vehicles show there capabilities with the swede!

If the GTR is indeed that much quicker, it will show regardless of who's driving. especially at a smaller track.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:04 PM
***Repost Police***

Well the GT-R was .2s slower than the 911 GT2 AND the Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 around Top Gear's test track with The Stig (Ben Collins) driving, so I'd say that's evidence enough that it'd be quicker than the regular 911 Turbo around the same track. Which is definitely a smaller track. It was also .2s ahead of the F430 Scuderia, and 2.7s faster than the Z06. But I guess maybe Top Gear is in on the scandal too and planned the whole thing...
Old 12-14-2010, 09:19 PM
Teching In

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZlGMX8G3B4

Just saying. In a straight line contest, it is a matter of horsepower. And compared to a new GT2 it will get walked. On the track, it might be a different story as you add new equations to the problem, turns, dips, straights. etc. But assuming since we are talking stock for stock.. and we don't have a track in hawaii.. on the streets, the GTR will get it's butt kicked.

But I doubt 3% of the people in the SR&K section have stock cars.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:57 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RSKY
Just saying. In a straight line contest, it is a matter of horsepower. And compared to a new GT2 it will get walked. On the track, it might be a different story as you add new equations to the problem, turns, dips, straights. etc. But assuming since we are talking stock for stock.. and we don't have a track in hawaii.. on the streets, the GTR will get it's butt kicked.

But I doubt 3% of the people in the SR&K section have stock cars.
For about the same total price as a new ZR1, a GT-R can be modified by AMS to be quite a bit faster, while still retaining a powertrain warranty.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...a_9/index.html
Old 12-15-2010, 03:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 1992TsiAWD
For about the same total price as a new ZR1, a GT-R can be modified by AMS to be quite a bit faster, while still retaining a powertrain warranty.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...a_9/index.html
for the price of a GT-R a mustang can be modded and be quite a bit faster.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/s...n-stock-engine!

http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1...in-the-quarter

that is an old line.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:07 AM
***Repost Police***

For the price of a new Mustang, blah blah blah

Quick Reply: C6Z vs. 500hp Turbo S2k (vid)