Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

C6Z vs. 500hp Turbo S2k (vid)

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 07:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr370z
Please don't get your idea of a Viper owner from this raw wheel horsepower tool.

Oh and for killemall's satisfaction, there were ~11,300 Supras sold in the US from 93-98, turbo and non-turbo making it a pretty rare car. I've seen maybe 2 in about a 10 mile radius from where I live that are driven on the street. I've heard stories about someone's got a shell but I don't really count that. However, I'm sure there are some places where there's quite a few.
Thanks for the info...So really on us soil the nsx is more rare as 10K nsx were imported.....Still want to here the Japanese production numbers though..That will tell the real story on how rare the supra is...
Old 12-15-2010, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

In the Des Moines metro and Ames area I know of maybe 3 total MKIV Supra's (one of which was sold to some kid in Missouri), I see Vipers everywhere (10+), and have seen maybe 8 NSX's in my day. Surprisingly I've only seen 3-4 C6Z's and C6's are relatively common in Central Iowa. This is just driving around

I guess it really does depend where you live how rare things are
Old 12-15-2010, 07:44 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BLWNV10
Naw I'm not defending the guy or anything. He called me out in another thread for no apparent reason so have at him for all I care.
We had a disagreement..Notrhing more..I love the viper...But im not gonna sugar coat anything....You came here and said 03-06 SRt10's could run 11.7 and 11.8 all day.....I disagreed and said no...They will run 12.0 at 121 mph all day and the good drivers in good weather will run 11.8-11.9..

The world record for a stock 03-06 SRT10 is only a not so fast 11.5 at 123 mph set by Speedfreak....the record with just a few bolt ons and street tires is on a 11.2 at 124 set by my good friend dragon rider...

I love the car..But we disagreed on it's capabilities. It is a VERY hard car to drag race...not knocking your car..if you ran an 11.6-7 or 11.8 at 123 mph stock then thats great...And you deserve respect as a driver..But thats in the top 10%...most run low 12's or maybe squeeze an 11.9 at 119-122 mph
Old 12-15-2010, 07:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WSsick
You really are stupider than I thought. Please, list some reasons why Vipers would win "with ease". Power isn't everything at those speeds. It's all about aero, rpms, and gearing on the big end. You act like the Viper is the end all of performance. ITS NOT. I would have a Ford GT for every reason imaginable before I had a Viper. The Viper is a shitty platform for the mile events it seems. Ford GTs and other are getting it done, and Vipers can't even make a full pass (your words). YOU ARE LETTING YOUR FANBOI STATUS GET IN THE WAY OF FACTUAL INFO.

You've really exposed yourself as a mega-fanboi and all around idiot. I guess you suffered some serious brain damage from all those times you smashed your Vipers into walls.

You want factual info

-6 speed 1/4 mil record holder (7's)
-Dominated T1 series through the 90's
-largest engine available in a production vehicle
-Ring production car record hold (verified 7.22's not a manufactuers estimate)
-pump gas dyno record holder
-supercharger dyno record holder
-TT dyno record holder
-600 rwhp with just bolt ons NA
-11.9 at 120 mph BACK IN 1996 united states fastest stock production vehicle
-beat the zr1 is several heads up comparisons from 0-150 mph (16.4 seconds)

I dont even have to say anymore. Anyone who follows sports car knows about the acomplishments of th Viper..

I was actually talking about its downfall...The 1 mile events. For a car tht has dominated everything else..it has done poorly in comparison to the supra and gallardo as of late. The FGT as well has acomplished more...

The stupid drivetrains just cant hold th Viper tourque when they are in the upper teens for rwhp and before they can even make a clean one mile pass th cars are beaking....

it sucks....Eventully someone will figure out somthing that works and the Viper will be a force to reckon with at the 1 mile events..but as of now I think the viper is only in the 220-230 mph range while the supra/gallardo and FGT are all 240 mph and above..

I havent looked it up in months but this is what I remember...

1 mile is quickly becoming the dominant race for exotics to prove how far they can be pushed and it sucks watching the viper fail
Old 12-15-2010, 08:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Killemall, and all others horrible at writing - please refer to this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3URlU5ClSM

Thank you!
Old 12-15-2010, 09:19 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by marc97taws6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3URlU5ClSM

Thank you!
Please stop with the kid ****. These guys are comparing actual facts and your tripping off grammar. WTF?

How bout contributing something valuable to the thread....
Old 12-15-2010, 09:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Please stop with the kid ****. These guys are comparing actual facts and your tripping off grammar. WTF?

Crashemall needs it. It is a valid post.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:32 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Killemall

-6 speed 1/4 mil record holder (7's) pretty sure the supra is .01 behind it, with more mph. that is down to the driver, not car.
-Dominated T1 series through the 90's NEVER HEARD OF T1
-largest engine available in a production vehicle DOESN'T MATTER AT ALL
-Ring production car record hold (verified 7.22's not a manufactuers estimate)SUCH A BIG TRACK TAKES THE DRIVER INTO ACCOUNT BIGGG TIME
-pump gas dyno record holder WHO GIVES A ****, BUT ADD PROOF
-supercharger dyno record holder WHO GIVES A ****, BUT ADD PROOF
-TT dyno record holder WHO GIVES A ****, BUT ADD PROOF
-600 rwhp with just bolt ons NA pointless, makes less hp/L than a c6z, so those extra cubes aren't so great (even though hp/L is ricer math)
-11.9 at 120 mph BACK IN 1996 united states fastest stock production vehicleCool? Is that supposed to mean something? It's a pointless fact. This is 2010.
-beat the zr1 is several heads up comparisons from 0-150 mph (16.4 seconds)MAGAZINE DRIVERS ARE ****. THEY CANNOT HANDLE THE MASSIVE TORUQE OF THE ZR1. The Vipers is much more tame in comparison.
See my repsonses in bold.

You are still a fucktard. No one is saying the Viper isn't impressive, but it's not the end all of performance. If you seriously think the Viper > all else, you are the biggest idiot on this site.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

The knowledge of other users to create posts that others can actually understand/not scratch their heads after is the best thing I can do to this thread, thank you.

I still believe the C6Z is one of the best performance values for this day and age but I still think that turbo S2k in the video is one bad machine that definitely deserves a lot of respect
Old 12-15-2010, 10:24 PM
Teching In

-TT dyno record holder

I dont even have to say anymore. Anyone who follows sports car knows about the acomplishments of th Viper..
Everything you have mentioned maybe true But how many viper owners are doing it? And handful? more than a handful? just like the supra.

It can make 1000 rwhp on a stock bottom. It can and has already gone in the 7's (only a handful) in the 1/4 and rips the texas mile as well.

It's an Icon really.

But none of those I have done.. as you've said many times.. none of those things you've done either. Your viper has done none of those except having the one of the largest engines in production.

I'm starting to think this is all the viper is to you..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nviB2...72D21&index=18
Old 12-15-2010, 11:25 PM
Launching!

LOL......Yes I enjoy getting so much for such a low price point...Im far froma baller but honestly for my money I feel I couldnt have done any better...

I was seriously thinking about selling my 03 srt10...I had a guy at 40K a few months ago but I punked out....My baby is just to nice for a lousy 40K in my mind..Despite if the KBB says its only worth 43K max....

I was gonna make 10K that I was gonna use towards a snake skin green 2008 coupe viper....But even so id still be financing another 50K after the 10K down for a car what most would think is the same thing I already have...

I get were your coming from but to me it gives me so much for so little..The C6Z does as well but I feel it falls short on the rarity/exotic side and this is very important for me....Not to everyone Im sure. But I love haveing a car that people crank their knecks over....

If that means Im like Peter in the tunnel..Then you are probally right Bro....Your probally right....
Old 12-15-2010, 11:42 PM
Teching In

hahaha.. at least your honest!
Old 12-16-2010, 01:50 AM
On The Tree

You want factual info

Wrong. SW still holds the 6 speed 1/4 mile at 7.91 @ 189 (Supra) to Garth Weaver's 7.98 @183 (Viper). Vipers hold the IRS record at 7.47 @190mph but not the 6 speed record.

As for the other stuff you posted I think BBCs have held the records for dynos for Superchargers, TT setups and pump gas setups.

That is all.

Last edited by TheHitman; 12-16-2010 at 02:04 AM.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:26 AM

We're 27 pages into this monstrosity, I don't think a few facts are going to save this one

Let me say again to the OP, though, awesome races!
Old 12-16-2010, 12:50 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
We're 27 pages into this monstrosity, I don't think a few facts are going to save this one

Let me say again to the OP, though, awesome races!
There was an OP in this thread? I thought this was just infinite bitching and bench racing??
Old 12-16-2010, 01:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by marc97taws6

Thank you!
cute pose next to your sweet whip
Old 12-16-2010, 02:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
cute pose next to your sweet whip
^^
Old 12-16-2010, 02:18 PM
Staging Lane

You want factual info

-TT dyno record holder
I didn't even realize our cars dominated like that! I mean, I knew they were ******' bad *** but dayummm...
Old 12-16-2010, 03:42 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by WSsick
There was an OP in this thread? I thought this was just infinite bitching and bench racing??
Please tell me that your sig is an actual frame from one of his races...
Old 12-16-2010, 03:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Please tell me that your sig is an actual frame from one of his races...
That it is!!!!

Quick Reply: C6Z vs. 500hp Turbo S2k (vid)