Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ran up against another '11 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 04:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by m_liel
If you guys like spending your time questioning peoples validity that's fine with me. I'm telling you though it's a lot more fun if you browse through tech sections sometime and learn a few things. Time spent more wisely!
You realize that posts made in here don't count so most of us have posted in the tech sections. I browse them frequently but its fun sometimes to just BS and watch some of the **** that gets said in here. Take for example RWHP doesn't mean REAR wheel horsepower, it means RAW wheel horsepower. According to one brilliant individual anyway. The Colts aren't going to the Super Bowl by the way. You heard it here first.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's nice to hear. I'm reading up over at SVTP and MustangForums all the time. I like to know about ALL makes and models. lol
When I joined this forum I was looking at Z28s to buy. I've actually found out more about Mustangs in here than a lot of other Mustang boards I've been in. SVTP is a good forum though.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:19 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Take for example RWHP doesn't mean REAR wheel horsepower, it means RAW wheel horsepower. According to one brilliant individual anyway.
I seen the quote. I hope he was joking. :/
Old 01-04-2011, 05:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ke^in
You are new here? If that's the case I can understand you feeling this way. However stopsign is a respected member here, and really has nothing to prove on here that he already hasn't.

PS. I am sure stopsign still has that slow SN95 GT he brags about.

You're chocking on it. He is a respected member to the Ford nutswingers with 2V's lol. I just think he's kinda funny and makes things more interesting around here.

Do any of you guys slamming on
Stop know ANYTHING about the cars he owns? Anything at all?

That's the first thing I'd find out before talking smack. And it's an easy find.
90's 5.0 making 400+rwhp and could actually keep up with an LS1. WOW Does that validate him? Well at least he actually has a quick car, not like the dude with the ford boat sailing around here.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:32 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by CyberGrey Z28

You're chocking on it. He is a respected member to the Ford nutswingers with 2V's lol. I just think he's kinda funny and makes things more interesting around here.
Yes, I crave the smell and feel of Stopsign's velvety ******* against my cherub-like cheek. It's simply breathtaking.

90's 5.0 making 400+rwhp and could actually keep up with an LS1. WOW Does that validate him?
Oh, I am sure his car could more than keep up with a LS1.
Well at least he actually has a quick car, not like the dude with the ford boat sailing around here.
Yes, I have a slow car. But I am not bragging that I have a fast one ;-)
Old 01-04-2011, 05:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, I crave the smell and feel of Stopsign's velvety ******* against my cherub-like cheek. It's simply breathtaking.
I lol'd. At least you have a good sense of humor
Old 01-04-2011, 05:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 916 BREDWNR
Was your mom gettin' it on with your uncle when she conceived you? Just wondering...

Oh, and make sure to put the towel on your lap before hand.
Darnit, he even warned me and I still had to change my pants at work. That bastard
Old 01-04-2011, 05:50 PM
Teching In

You realize that posts made in here don't count so most of us have posted in the tech sections. I browse them frequently but its fun sometimes to just BS and watch some of the **** that gets said in here. Take for example RWHP doesn't mean REAR wheel horsepower, it means RAW wheel horsepower. According to one brilliant individual anyway.
That raw-wheel horsepower comment is classic! That guy was dead serious too. Must be a Hawaii thing.

The Colts aren't going to the Super Bowl by the way. You heard it here first.
Yep. Will see about that.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

yep. Will see about that. :d
go pack go!
Old 01-04-2011, 05:54 PM
Teching In

Must be a "MOV" thing.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 01-04-2011, 07:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
go pack go!
Yes the Pack is no joke. Clay Mathews is a Beast! Eagles better be prepared.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Yes the Pack is no joke. Clay Mathews is a Beast! Eagles better be prepared.
its in his blood. dad and uncle being hall of famers. he has a lot to live up to.. and he is doing exactly that. taking his role and his family name seriously.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:47 AM
TECH Regular

Must be a "MOV" thing.
Oh honey, it's all over MIR too. *SNAP AND WALK AWAY*
Old 01-05-2011, 08:02 AM
TECH Regular

Figured this was appropriate for all the ford guys on ls1te.. I mean mustangwangsuckerstech.com

Old 01-05-2011, 10:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

In 2002 it was selling right along with the LS1 fbodies.

Ford already had a car that could compete with fbodies. The Cobra just over-did it.
Yeah the 4valves did ok if that's what you meant. Took them long enough too, didn't it?

Originally Posted by LT/LS Guy
Cut it out with the respected member crap. Most of the "respected" members i've ran across here at LS1Tech are the true gearheads that frequent the "Tech" sections doing the technical stuff. Guys like Pat G, Bret Bauer, Geoff @ EPS, Tony Mamo among several others come to mind. SRK is fun and games, take it easy will ya.

And BRDWNER That's a gorgeous Z0Sick!
x2 One is only a respected member if the majority of others respect said person, imo, and respect is not often earned in SR&K section (although sometimes it is). It's for BS and opinions people! It's funny when you're told to "hang around for awhile" or "he's a respected member on here so...." by people who were just told the same thing the week before lol. It doesn't matter if you're new, if you have an opinion that isn't trolling or whatever, share it!

Last edited by oddwraith; 01-05-2011 at 10:15 AM. Reason: speeling and clarifuncation
Old 01-05-2011, 10:15 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by oddwraith
Yeah the 4valves did ok if that's what you meant. Took them long enough too, didn't it?
Long enough? The 2k Cobra had 305 to 320hp. Or how about the Cobra R? Ford had a Mustang that was fast as, or faster than a LS1 fbody since about it's inception.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Long enough? The 2k Cobra had 305 to 320hp. Or how about the Cobra R? Ford had a Mustang that was fast as, or faster than a LS1 fbody since about it's inception.
Oh, we're going to bring in the Cobra R into this now too lol. The pre eaton cobras weren't quite there imo. A mach would edge them out, do you not agree? Not only that, the GT was supposed to be competion for fbodys, the cobra was back and forth with its purpose, but mostly to compensate for slow as GTs that sold well, to the mainstream population (how exciting) imo.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:18 AM
Launching!

Yeah the 4valves did ok if that's what you meant. Took them long enough too, didn't it?....
took em long enough, but m guessing the bean counters didnt really see a need to upgrade much when they were already sitting on the gold mine. I bet if GM upped the overall quality and design of the camaro then the sales (and thus competition) would have been closer to eachother.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:20 AM
TECH Regular

Oh, we're going to bring in the Cobra R into this now too lol.
I wasn't JUST talking about the Cobra R.

The pre eaton cobras weren't quite there imo. A mach would edge them out, do you not agree?
A Mach, and 2k Cobra and a LS1 would be a very close race. They are close enough to claim that Ford wasn't sitting on it's laurels.
Not only that, the GT was supposed to be competion for fbodys
Where did you get that from? Ford didn't follow GMs lineup plan. It still doesn't. The GT usually sold for less in both sticker, and off the lot than the Z28s and SSs did. The Mach1 was closer to what the Z28 and SSs cost. The Termi Cobra was a bit more, but it was also a lot faster. Ford offered an inexpensive sporty car (The GT) a peppier version (Mach1) and the all out beast (Cobra) GM didn't have a selection of the like unless you wanted to go V6. It's also why Ford sold and still sells more Mustangs than GM does Camaros.
the cobra was back and forth with its purpose, but mostly to compensate for slow as GTs that sold well, to the mainstream population (how exciting) imo.
So you were part of the Ford sales team at the time?

Last edited by Ke^in; 01-05-2011 at 10:25 AM.

Quick Reply: Ran up against another '11 5.0