Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ran up against another '11 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011 | 03:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

to the OP. here is the WS6 i killed. found it and talked to him...

OP your car is fast and cool. and coyote's are just a car. beatable. and you beat two of them, i think you'll beat a lot more in the future, BUT..... you will run into guys like me. not starting anything, just saying....

car stats: 2001 ws6, LID, borla cat-back, automatic. no tune. bought used in 2003 paid off
before he lifted, i had passed AND had plenty of space to pull in front of him to avoid traffic in my lane.

plans to put a new motor in it. i suggested a LS2 with mild cam and full bolt ons. he was thinking stock ls1 maybe ls6.

he said it was his brother racing me. i guess he didnt want to fess up, but hes a really nice guy, and he liked my car. car looks good in person imo. too dark to see inside.
Old 01-05-2011 | 03:43 PM
12 Second Club
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ke^in

I said the AVERAGE person doesn't. And they don't. Those of you that actually RACE these cars and care about such things are the minority.

That's like saying that the only reason the 98-02 F bodies were faster than a 2v was because it had more displacement!11
Again you do realize he said "this is a performance based website" meaning the majority of people here bought lsx powered cars is because they like fast cars?

I understand its tough getting walked by stock Accords everyday, but thats no need to come to tech and troll about Mustangs you dont own.
Old 01-05-2011 | 03:46 PM
12 Second Club
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by assasinator

OP your car is fast and cool. and coyote's are just a car. beatable. and you beat two of them, i think you'll beat a lot more in the future, BUT..... you will run into guys like me. not starting anything, just saying....

Like to pump your own tires up eh?
Old 01-05-2011 | 03:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ss1129

Like to pump your own tires up eh?
well, theres a lot of "2011GT's easily beat by bolt on fbods." its a counterpoint. ill say nothing else. not trying to **** anyone off.
Old 01-05-2011 | 03:52 PM
11 Second Club

car stats: 2001 ws6, LID, borla cat-back, automatic. no tune. bought used in 2003 paid off
before he lifted, i had passed AND had plenty of space to pull in front of him to avoid traffic in my lane.

plans to put a new motor in it. i suggested a LS2 with mild cam and full bolt ons. he was thinking stock ls1 maybe ls6.

he said it was his brother racing me. i guess he didnt want to fess up, but hes a really nice guy, and he liked my car. car looks good in person imo. too dark to see inside.
That ws6 is a billboard lol! If those are his only mods there not to significant!
Old 01-05-2011 | 03:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

OMFG! I'm glad he lost now
Old 01-05-2011 | 03:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hey, its you guys that were calling me a liar.
Old 01-05-2011 | 03:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hey, its you guys that were calling me a liar.
I don't think they called you a liar, they might of said you were full of ****. The jury is still out on that.
Old 01-05-2011 | 03:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ke^in
I said the AVERAGE person doesn't. And they don't. Those of you that actually RACE these cars and care about such things are the minority.
Smart people are the minority, what are you trying to say? That because a bunch of morons like a certain thing that if you don't follow the herd you're inferior?

Let me guess, you shop at Walmart for everything you need? Do you go there in your 6 banger Mustang too?
Old 01-05-2011 | 03:58 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by BODUKE
That ws6 is a billboard lol! If those are his only mods there not to significant!
And I think the point that some people are trying to get across is, the OP's mods aren't significant either. It's the same point that would be made if (for example) Kevin posted a kill of an i/h/e LT1 WS6, and then played it off like his car was actually faster. Everybody would say he beat the driver, and it would be the truth.
Old 01-05-2011 | 04:00 PM
12 Second Club
15 Year Member

Truth is I feel sorry for the MoneyCoUSA Trans-Am.
Old 01-05-2011 | 04:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Truth is I feel sorry for the MoneyCoUSA Trans-Am.
I will join you in that.
Old 01-05-2011 | 04:02 PM
***Repost Police***

I think everybody can jump on that train
Old 01-05-2011 | 04:04 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BODUKE
Ford made up for the displacement difference with the supercharger.
Bo exactly. That's my point. It doesn't matter how you make HP as long as it's reliable.
Old 01-05-2011 | 04:04 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I think everybody can jump on that train
LOL Agreed!
Old 01-05-2011 | 04:07 PM
TECH Regular

Again you do realize he said "this is a performance based website" meaning the majority of people here bought lsx powered cars is because they like fast cars?
No I fully understood what you were saying. It just wasn't relevant to what I was saying.
I understand its tough getting walked by stock Accords everyday
Yeah, that's happened.
Old 01-05-2011 | 04:09 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
Smart people are the minority, what are you trying to say? That because a bunch of morons like a certain thing that if you don't follow the herd you're inferior?
Wow project much? Not everyone does stoplight races. Not everyone takes their cars to the 1/4 track. Actually most people do not. So what is the advantage of having a car that is fractions of a second faster if you don't do those things? That's like buying a 8 string guitar and only using 6.
Let me guess, you shop at Walmart for everything you need? Do you go there in your 6 banger Mustang too?
No, my wife does. ;-) And I don't own a 6banger anything.
Old 01-05-2011 | 04:10 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
(for example) Kevin posted a kill of an i/h/e LT1 WS6, and then played it off like his car was actually faster. Everybody would say he beat the driver, and it would be the truth.
Damn straight it would. I doubt I have the skills to pull that one off. The other person would have to suck an awfully lot for that to happen.
Old 01-05-2011 | 04:11 PM
Teching In

This is SR&K Section of a performance oriented forum. If you wanna talk about the Mustangs awesome interior and daily driving comfort you should head over to the lounge at whatever Mustang fanboi forum you're a member of.

Your car might as well be a 6 banger.
Old 01-05-2011 | 04:13 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
This is SR&K Section of a performance oriented forum. If you wanna talk about the Mustangs awesome interior and daily driving comfort you should head over to the lounge at whatever Mustang fanboi forum you're a member of.

Your car might as well be a 6 banger.
Wow someone pee'd in your wheaties this morning. :-)

Quick Reply: Ran up against another '11 5.0