Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 08:35 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

I call a street car anything that runs pump gas, mostly stock interior, can be driven in stop and go. A cage may be an incovience to some but it doesn't bother others, slicks don't hamper my ability to drive the car on the street. I wouldn't drive it in the rain no matter what tire it's on. That's why I have a daily.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:44 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

In my opinion there's some basic things that make it a street car. Things people like to argue about like cage, tires, exhaust etc all comes down to preference.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Heater
Everybody has a difference of opinion as to what a street car is. I've seen too many people have too many different opinions and everybody thinks their opinion is right.

This discussion will just run in circles.
I agree. I threw this out yesterday purely for discussion. It's just my thought.

Originally Posted by sw07gt
I call a street car anything that runs pump gas, mostly stock interior, can be driven in stop and go. A cage may be an incovience to some but it doesn't bother others, slicks don't hamper my ability to drive the car on the street. I wouldn't drive it in the rain no matter what tire it's on. That's why I have a daily.
Pretty good definition. Not much different honestly. To me if it would be a pain to DD in a pinch for week, it'd be borderline.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:08 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Sounds good to me except for the stall thing. I hate autos.

I don't have the fastest street car.....but I do have a nice decently quick go anywhere type of car. What I find funny is people like you and a few others that try to discredit my mods. Then when I post of vid of the car in traffic all I hear is crickets.......lmao. Is there a cricket smiley?

Those guys are idiots for the most part. Spend $30g's on their hotrods and then ride around in a $500 clunker and brag about there junk as it sets at home.

500whp can be done easily n/a with a bolt-on ls7. That would easy to drive. There are a few that has made 600whp with nice manners. I think I can make well over 600whp and still be very streetable and get decent mpg. Won't happen for a while though.

A cage is the start of being a racecar. They make it hard to even vacuum the car.
A rocker to me is not a bolt on since opening an valve cover. And a stall is no different then doing a clutch.

And a cage is to be legal. I have ran at plenty of tracks that will boot you for running 11.47 without a cage.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

i have to laugh at the judgement on this site that constitutes a race car. My 55 year old buddy has a c2 that he has owned his whole life. Has every factory creature comfort. It has a 383 ls6 motor and a 67mm turbo. It has ported ls6 heads and a stock ls6 cam/intake/tb. It also has a cage he built to the car. Barely even know its there. The car is dead silent and traps over 140mph. It gets 28mpg cruising at 65mph. He takes it out every weekend with his wife to a fancy restaurant. It is on factory c2 wheels AND factory c2 tires. He has been featured in quite a bit of magazines for running well into the 10s...almost into the 9s... on a street tire. And no not a DR... a factory all season tire on never anything but 93 octane. Hell its his nice weather daily driver.

Yet according to this site... its a race car and not a street car. Because it has a cage.

Give me a break...
Old 11-10-2013, 09:23 AM
Staging Lane

I drive my 1kwhp car to work twice a week 40 miles one way in stop & go traffic. But since I have hoosiers, its racecar?

radio,AC, etc...
Old 11-10-2013, 09:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cwarta
505/490 thrue stock heads , not to shabby. Made 400rwtq by 2700 lol

Great power... now get that thing on a scale. Its gotta be heavy lol
Old 11-10-2013, 09:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Camper
I drive my 1kwhp car to work twice a week 40 miles one way in stop & go traffic. But since I have hoosiers, its racecar?

radio,AC, etc...
Hell Im on a DR... but race car because RainX.

Lol people can call it whatever they want. But at the end of the day... when i have to drive a long distance..... i drive the Boss because its more comfortable and better on gas then my 6 cylinder daily driver.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:25 AM
10 Second Club

radio,AC, etc...
Yep....
Old 11-10-2013, 09:26 AM
Staging Lane

honestly im not sure why we all argue with this idiot Hio.. its his way of discrediting anything faster than him..
Old 11-10-2013, 09:30 AM
10 Second Club

honestly im not sure why we all argue with this idiot Hio.. its his way of discrediting anything faster than him..
Your not fast then him. You have yet to post any ET/trap, and you didn't do it after you trailored to the track, then drove it around to be just like it was on the street, with only 93, on all season tires, an extra 300lbs in it, and it wasn't on a tuesday in july in 2009.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:40 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
The faster you go the harder it is to keep a real street car.

As far as the civics go....their all junk.
Not 100% true. Maybe for an NA car, but turbo cars can adjust on the fly how much boost will be used via the boost controller. On top of that most turbo cars are very mild until you go wot. My car is super easy to drive.

Originally Posted by Heater
The faster you go, the less you care about what slower people say.
So true it almost hurts
Originally Posted by 427zm
I don't really care honestly. As I stated earlier in post a while back, what you do to your car, is what you've done to it. To me, you start with a car you buy and mod it from there, however you want. A race is a race, someone wins and some one loses. You make your car what you want. I have defined a Racecar as I see it, if you differ, no biggie, I just don't want to get mine to that point.

What is a Racecar to you Ohio? Heater? sw07gt? It obviously different, so throw it out there. To me, it seems like for y'all, it has 4 tires that can roll on the street, it's a street car. What defines Racecar vs streetcar for y'all?

This has been quiet the hot topic
It's been a good debate.

Sooooo does e85 out of the pump qualify as racecar? I use my car all the time to pick up and drop off my kid at school, run to the store, do whatever. It's well capable of getting into the 9's on my next outing and when the ecutout is closed its quiet as stock. To me that is a street car. Plus the wife can drive it.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:40 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Your not fast then him. You have yet to post any ET/trap, and you didn't do it after you trailored to the track, then drove it around to be just like it was on the street, with only 93, on all season tires, an extra 300lbs in it, and it wasn't on a tuesday in july in 2009.
I almost forgot.. you're right, im disqualified.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:45 AM
On The Tree

To me, he is amusing.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:48 AM
9 Second Club

I'll give Hio credit I that he's running a very mild overall setup deep into the 11's. As much as he rubs people the wrong way he's finding a way to run quick without just throwing more power at it.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:50 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by willizm
I'll give Hio credit I that he's running a very mild overall setup deep into the 11's. As much as he rubs people the wrong way he's finding a way to run quick without just throwing more power at it.
thats a different subject though.. The guy comes flying into every thread like he's gods gift to the racing world discrediting everything out there.

Calls everything racecar, and then hes the first to ask for timeslips from street cars.. The guy just doesnt make any sense
Old 11-10-2013, 09:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

I taught a friend of mine how to drive a stick on my car... she had big *****...damn it! But she said it was easier learning on my car then it was her friends new stock honda. And she was on the bigs and littles...
Old 11-10-2013, 09:59 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats a different subject though.. The guy comes flying into every thread like he's gods gift to the racing world discrediting everything out there. Calls everything racecar, and then hes the first to ask for timeslips from street cars.. The guy just doesnt make any sense
Bogarts on Drag radials = street trim

His car doesn't have Air bags so

Racecar
Old 11-10-2013, 10:03 AM
9 Second Club

thats a different subject though.. The guy comes flying into every thread like he's gods gift to the racing world discrediting everything out there.

Calls everything racecar, and then hes the first to ask for timeslips from street cars.. The guy just doesnt make any sense
I can see that. I think he takes things way too seriously. Me on the other hand I treat everything including myself as one huge joke after all that is what life is, amirite? Hell look at my signature line. I'll make fun of myself way more than I will anyone else and ain't nobody safe from me gettin my lolz.

I have met and are friends with many people from this section. That's the biggest takeaway from this place is that it's not important on what's in your signature lines or the wins you have, but the people I know here in real life is what keeps me coming back here. /GayAssGroupHug
Old 11-10-2013, 10:08 AM
On The Tree

I love you Will (no homo).

Quick Reply: Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)