Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 04:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wooddaniel
It gets to the mid 100s in Cuba but the humidity is the worst part, it's awful here. Makes it feel so much hotter than it is.
Cuba... ****... You're only a 125 miles from us. Swim over and I'll buy the first few rounds.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:07 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OVA1
Cuba... ****... You're only a 125 miles from us. Swim over and I'll buy the first few rounds.
Anyone know if Castro is still in power in Cuba? He was sick some time ago but I never heard if he got better or not.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
Anyone know if Castro is still in power in Cuba? He was sick some time ago but I never heard if he got better or not.

Last I heard, he had turned the power over to his brother.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:59 PM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Got my motor back. Junkyard junk.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:28 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

finally finished with fuel system and all....

Old 11-12-2013, 07:36 PM
Launching!

Looks killer.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:59 PM
Launching!

Want to work on the car but the big game is on? Wireless cable boxes Ftw. Go cats!!

Old 11-12-2013, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by snake95
I'm the world's biggest pansy
We already know.
Originally Posted by Irunelevens
In other news, I'm finally starting to seriously look into what car to get next. Decided on new, and the three I'm down to are the Civic Si (sedan, most likely), Mustang V6, and the Focus ST. I drove the Civic over the weekend, and the Mustang and Focus today. While I like the interior of the Civic the best (Focus a close second), and I'm more confident in the Civic in the long run as far as reliability is concerned... damn that Focus ST made me smile as soon as I stepped on the gas. It's not "fast," but there's very little turbo lag, and that fancy electronic diff really helps with torque steer. The Civic's shifter was undoubtedly better, and the steering wheel is fantastic; but the Focus' shifter was pretty good, and the steering wheel was also great. The Mustang is undoubtedly the quickest car of the group by a fair margin, but in the price range I'm looking at the interior would be by far the worst of the group. Not lacking in features, just not as good as the others overall. And I just don't know if I could drive a V6 Mustang, for the simple fact that the way it sounds does not match the way it looks. It's sad, but I'd like it more if it weren't a Mustang, cuz it's definitely a lot of car for $20k. Thoughts?
How much would you consider modding each car? If minimal, rock the ST with light bolt-ons/tune. People would give you smack for a V6 Mustang, but the fact of the matter is that they would give many LT1's a run for their money. The V6 Stangs have definitely come a long way in performance.

Unless if you turbo the Civic, no care. You live in Texas, so you could get away with driving a RWD car all year. I on the other hand need my truck as a winter beater and refuse to drive my next toy in the snow.
Originally Posted by StealthFRC

Looks slow, and by slow I mean badass and sexy
Old 11-12-2013, 09:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 448 Likes on 354 Posts

Got my fab 9 in yesterday. It makes some gear whine. I figured it would when I seen it had richmond gears in it. Pattern looked good but I've a good pattern on Richmond's before and they made noise. I didn't set it up. What you get with used parts I guess. It took some clearanceing to get it in for as low as my car sits. I had to readjust my exhaust and it's hit something so I'll have to get back under it to check it out. Nothing to terrible.....just not quite perfect.

On a side note it seems to put the power down pretty well even in on a cool 40's night. If I can get the exhaust thing clearanced I may be able to make it to the track. I don't want anything banging around to give it false knock.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:53 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
How much would you consider modding each car? If minimal, rock the ST with light bolt-ons/tune. People would give you smack for a V6 Mustang, but the fact of the matter is that they would give many LT1's a run for their money. The V6 Stangs have definitely come a long way in performance.

Unless if you turbo the Civic, no care. You live in Texas, so you could get away with driving a RWD car all year. I on the other hand need my truck as a winter beater and refuse to drive my next toy in the snow.
I was surprised that nobody had responded to my post yet. Honestly, anything I get right now would stay stock for a while, and then bolt-on/tune would be the most I would do. When I want a toy in the future, I'll buy a toy. The Civic is damn near as fast as the Focus, and like I said the quality difference (though very small now) is still perceptible. As far as the Mustang goes, some of the dealerships around here are doing some ridiculous deals on them now; base interior package/ FP6 appearance package (18" wheels, quarter-window covers) cars for $19k flat, add HIDs and Bluetooth and it's $20k flat. And like I said, that's a lot of car for $20k. I feel like I should probably consider the Mustang more seriously than I do, but honestly I think I would enjoy owning either of the others more (even though they are slower and FWD). I also feel like I'd be stupid to NOT buy the ST, but that I may end up wishing I had bought the Si instead. There's a Honda dealer and a Ford dealer a couple miles apart close by, so I think this weekend I think I'm gonna go down and drive one of them over to the other dealership to compare them directly.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was surprised that nobody had responded to my post yet. Honestly, anything I get right now would stay stock for a while, and then bolt-on/tune would be the most I would do. When I want a toy in the future, I'll buy a toy. The Civic is damn near as fast as the Focus, and like I said the quality difference (though very small now) is still perceptible. As far as the Mustang goes, some of the dealerships around here are doing some ridiculous deals on them now; base interior package/ FP6 appearance package (18" wheels, quarter-window covers) cars for $19k flat, add HIDs and Bluetooth and it's $20k flat. And like I said, that's a lot of car for $20k. I feel like I should probably consider the Mustang more seriously than I do, but honestly I think I would enjoy owning either of the others more (even though they are slower and FWD). I also feel like I'd be stupid to NOT buy the ST, but that I may end up wishing I had bought the Si instead. There's a Honda dealer and a Ford dealer a couple miles apart close by, so I think this weekend I think I'm gonna go down and drive one of them over to the other dealership to compare them directly.
I still think ST for sure! Car that starts with a turbo from the factory is awesome.

There is a reason I'm considering the new F-150 Tremor as a next tow mobile
Old 11-12-2013, 10:08 PM
***Repost Police***

Thankfully it's looking like there are no mechanical issues with them as of yet, just some small TSBs and recalls. Most of them with the MyFordTouch system, which I wouldn't be getting in the first place.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:08 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

I watched an ST click off some damn impressive times. It was hot out (2900DA iirc)

Old 11-12-2013, 10:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thankfully it's looking like there are no mechanical issues with them as of yet, just some small TSBs and recalls. Most of them with the MyFordTouch system, which I wouldn't be getting in the first place.
Still think you should just buy a 5.0 Coyote with 3.73s and call it a day. Many lightly used ones out there for a reasonable price. And if budget was a concern, most 2011+ vehicles qualify for 72mo loans. Loans ya know, the 'Merican way.

Mustang>Civic>Focus looks wise to me though. The Focus looks uglier than sin. Different strokes for different folks though
Old 11-12-2013, 10:18 PM
***Repost Police***

Also a consideration. But still more than I'm looking to spend right now. Like I said, when I want a toy (which will either be an S2000, a T/A, or an SN95 GT I'm sure) I'll get a toy. I don't want to get less of a Mustang than I want; after my '98 GT I told myself I wouldn't get another one unless it was a Cobra. Then I got the '01 GT. Which was a great car, but still. Even if it is just as fast as the '01, I just don't think I could get a V6.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 78 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Got my fab 9 in yesterday. It makes some gear whine. I figured it would when I seen it had richmond gears in it. Pattern looked good but I've a good pattern on Richmond's before and they made noise. I didn't set it up. What you get with used parts I guess. It took some clearanceing to get it in for as low as my car sits. I had to readjust my exhaust and it's hit something so I'll have to get back under it to check it out. Nothing to terrible.....just not quite perfect.

On a side note it seems to put the power down pretty well even in on a cool 40's night. If I can get the exhaust thing clearanced I may be able to make it to the track. I don't want anything banging around to give it false knock.
Definitely should take it out to the track!
Old 11-12-2013, 10:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HioSSilver

Now you can throw some slicks on that thing and launch the **** out of it.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 78 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Now you know that's not going to happen!
Old 11-12-2013, 10:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 448 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Originally Posted by FinalCam
Now you know that's not going to happen!
Final is right. I'll just launch it on the dr as best I can. Slick time don't interest me in the slightest. I'd be more interested in what it could run on my 18's these days. I bet it could do a 11.2 on them with decent track prep.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by StealthFRC

Nice work! Need some vids!

Quick Reply: Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)