Old 05-09-2013, 11:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wait to see Hio' s response to that
Old 05-09-2013, 11:52 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Puck
The most important part of your ET is done in the first 60'. Stock class car's make **** for power but run single digits in the 1/4. Huge turbo cars can trap crazy high mph but still run bolt-on times. It all depends on the driver and how well the car is setup.

MPH is how much money you spent on your car, ET is how much time you spent on it .

^^^Drunken Epiphany. Time to copyright that ****.
lol i think it takes more $ to get my car to hook and cut some nice 60 foots then it does to MPH. I have less than $700 into my setup. I think even less than $600. Everything was bought new aswell. Just on tires id be looking at 300 without mounting etc.. and 1k ATLEAST on a budget rear. IMO it aint worth it, the rear that is.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Even if I had a shitty rear I wouldn't be scared to run my car for chance of being embarrassed. But hey, whatever.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:53 AM
10 Second Club

Received 429 Likes on 338 Posts

The most important part of your ET is done in the first 60'. Stock class car's make **** for power but run single digits in the 1/4. Huge turbo cars can trap crazy high mph but still run bolt-on times. It all depends on the driver and how well the car is setup.

MPH is how much money you spent on your car, ET is how much time you spent on it .

^^^Drunken Epiphany. Time to copyright that ****.
Not really. They both take time and money. Whoever said that was a idiot. It don't take much time or money to bolt a slick on your car. Try running 11.5's on a real/normal street tire and get back to me on that.

Originally Posted by Heater
Can't wait to see Hio' s response to that
How'd I do?
Originally Posted by adamantium
lol i think it takes more $ to get my car to hook and cut some nice 60 foots then it does to MPH. I have less than $700 into my setup. I think even less than $600. Everything was bought new aswell. Just on tires id be looking at 300 without mounting etc.. and 1k ATLEAST on a budget rear. IMO it aint worth it, the rear that is.
1k won't touch a used rear. Hell I made my own and to finish it I need 1k in parts. I ended up buying a used fab 9 last year about this time.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:00 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Try running 11.5's on a real/normal street tire and get back to me on that.
I tried it... but I think I'm missing something.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:24 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Not really. They both take time and money. Whoever said that was a idiot. It don't take much time or money to bolt a slick on your car. Try running 11.5's on a real/normal street tire and get back to me on that.
I ran 11.7s with a 1.5x 60' on a BFG DR that I daily drove to work and back every day. Surely that is a "real" street tire.

It's a lot more then just bolting on a slick. Wasn't scared of the glass 10-bolt either .

FWIW in low powered cars like the ones being talked about, a slick will slow you down in the 1/4 compared to a properly set up DR.
Attached Thumbnails Mach at the track-fullumisuspension.jpg  
Old 05-10-2013, 08:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
Magic fairy dust and unicorn ****!
Old 05-10-2013, 08:28 AM
On The Tree

For Hio, since he thinks that mod motors are so weak.

The valve covers have never been off the winning Cobra in the first race in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdKPK...outu.be&t=5m1s
Old 05-10-2013, 08:37 AM
***Repost Police***

The valve covers have never been off the winning Cobra in the first race in the video.

inb4 junkyard 5.3 and LQ
Old 05-10-2013, 08:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Mod motors are so weak they've been faster than LSxs!
Old 05-10-2013, 09:35 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Guitar
Yeah I need another 100 gallons of unicorn **** I think.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:58 AM
10 Second Club

Practice
I ran 11.7s with a 1.5x 60' on a BFG DR that I daily drove to work and back every day. Surely that is a "real" street tire.

It's a lot more then just bolting on a slick. Wasn't scared of the glass 10-bolt either .

FWIW in low powered cars like the ones being talked about, a slick will slow you down in the 1/4 compared to a properly set up DR.
By real street tire I mean a normal tire.....no dr......everyday normal tire.....not look at me I dd on my dr. A slick will not slow you down. Look around. Most record cars are on slicks. If slicks slowed you down then the record cars would not be on slicks.
You should try it.......cause what your doin ain't ******* working.

Your not ever gonna change my mind posting race car ****.
Originally Posted by Irunelevens
inb4 junkyard 5.3 and LQ
Is it not true??? If your gonna preach strength of mod motors then they should for sure out do a ls pick up truck engine.
Mod motors are so weak they've been faster than LSxs!
Good....go trade your ls car off on a modular mustang. Your embarrassing us ls guys with your sub-par performance.
Yeah I need another 100 gallons of unicorn **** I think.
Try smearing donkey nut juice on yourself.....it will for sure make you wanna leave where your at quicker.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Slicks do create more drag than a dr, Hio. Assuming a car is dead hooking on a DR, putting a slick on that same car can/will indeed bring down the trap speed. Most run a slick if a DR isn't cutting it anymore.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Slicks do slow down low hp cars. I just don't care to add the abuse the dr would bring. Ill find that 11 second slip somewhere else.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by GtoSpd
Slicks do create more drag than a dr, Hio. Assuming a car is dead hooking on a DR, putting a slick on that same car can/will indeed bring down the trap speed. Most run a slick if a DR isn't cutting it anymore.
Exactly but that would mean my car is doing even more than it appears. And Hiho just won't accept that!!!!
Old 05-10-2013, 11:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Exactly but that would mean my car is doing even more than it appears. And Hiho just won't accept that!!!!
I'm guessing you wouldn't pull as good of a 60' on DRs. You might trap 1-2 mph higher, but I'm skeptical as to whether or not you'd be able to launch as hard.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:37 PM
On The Tree

I was trying to show you that tuning was everything on the Terminator engines. That car has a stock Terminator motor with a 4.0 Whipple and has been running in the 8's since last year.

The guy that owns the car is from WV, and so I would guess that his tuner is from somewhere in the neighboring states.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'm guessing you wouldn't pull as good of a 60' on DRs. You might trap 1-2 mph higher, but I'm skeptical as to whether or not you'd be able to launch as hard.
I think I would. The ones I ran on were worn out ones I got off Craigslist. Owner said he put 50 passes or more on them. Ill shoot some pics today. I actually might pick me up some new DRs and try them out on the track.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:15 PM
10 Second Club

Slicks do slow down low hp cars. I just don't care to add the abuse the dr would bring. Ill find that 11 second slip somewhere else.
You keep computing those times.....I'm sure you'll get there......lmao
I accept that you were skeered to run on a dr for a good comparison.
Stoppy don't like mph. He has said before that I waste mph.....lmao
I was trying to show you that tuning was everything on the Terminator engines. That car has a stock Terminator motor with a 4.0 Whipple and has been running in the 8's since last year.

The guy that owns the car is from WV, and so I would guess that his tuner is from somewhere in the neighboring states.
I think tuning for any boosted engine is everything. With race gas, as I'm the the 8sec one was on tuning becomes less important. It's basically not gonna knock but it could lean out. The thing I don't like about the modulars is in general their weak. 450whp is pushing the limits. The termi motors are finicky at best. No hot lapping, no 5th gear pulls, run 1 qt over on oil......all this is voodoo **** you read to keep them alive. In the end know one really knows why some live and some don't.

N/a power....forgetaboutit......not w/o a major build and even then it's gotta be a real good combo just to get to my bolt-on ls6 power.

That's the **** that keep me liking ls and sbc's in general. You can go to the junkyard and pick out some **** and get yourself a decent engine w/o any fancy internals. It's not that I don't like the ford's....it's just the way it is.

Can you imagine guys picking out a run of the mill mod motor out of a truck at a junk yard???.....and trying to make 600 or 800rwhp with it???....lol Even you ford guys know better than that ****. The new 5.0's was a giant leap for ford. I like those alot. Do I think they're better???...not really. I think they have just caught up. And the reality they are still behind just because the displacement just can't get there.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:22 PM
Banned

You keep computing those times.....I'm sure you'll get there......lmao

I accept that you were skeered to run on a dr for a good comparison.

Stoppy don't like mph. He has said before that I waste mph.....lmao

I think tuning for any boosted engine is everything. With race gas, as I'm the the 8sec one was on tuning becomes less important. It's basically not gonna knock but it could lean out. The thing I don't like about the modulars is in general their weak. 450whp is pushing the limits. The termi motors are finicky at best. No hot lapping, no 5th gear pulls, run 1 qt over on oil......all this is voodoo **** you read to keep them alive. In the end know one really knows why some live and some don't.

N/a power....forgetaboutit......not w/o a major build and even then it's gotta be a real good combo just to get to my bolt-on ls6 power.

That's the **** that keep me liking ls and sbc's in general. You can go to the junkyard and pick out some **** and get yourself a decent engine w/o any fancy internals. It's not that I don't like the ford's....it's just the way it is.

Can you imagine guys picking out a run of the mill mod motor out of a truck at a junk yard???.....and trying to make 600 or 800rwhp with it???....lol Even you ford guys know better than that ****. The new 5.0's was a giant leap for ford. I like those alot. Do I think they're better???...not really. I think they have just caught up. And the reality they are still behind just because the displacement just can't get there.
If the ls is so much better at holding power then why is in not making the power that the 4.6 4v has made with a stock block, crank etc...?

Quick Reply: Mach at the track