Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mach at the track

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 05:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by automach1
Obviously the air may have been a little better or worse but results are results. He said it himself that even after along period between tracking the car it was still much faster with longtubes. Best I can do? lol It is real world results that come from a credible non bias source. So your mach mada 308std with boltons yet there are machs wit full boltons making 340+std. Yea let me tell you. Nothing outside of a xpipe will make power on a mach

I hope you are trolling. If not you are giving Morbid a run for his money on being the biggest dumbass in the S/S of MF.
My Mach made 317 with weld in flows, tune, and an ORX through 4.10s . It was the 3V that made 308. ....340 na with boltons, get a grip on reality. You can't be that stupid. So now Machs make the same power mod for mod as an LS1. Just stop it man, you are worse off than you realize.

And Morbid straight embarrassed your *** on MF. Thats why you can't stop talking about him, Crawfish.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

RPM said the car should be done for Sunday. Hoping I can get the tires mounted too (new fronts) because mine are showing cords and I'd rather not run them like that...
Old 05-22-2013, 05:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by m_liel
LMAO at this thread. How do you fellas earn a living arguing over the internet all day?!
I do it while I'm at my stops waiting for the forklift to come back, lol.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 429 Likes on 338 Posts

Actually that test car came optioned with the SLP Muffler/Center Mount Exhaust, which isn't worth much more than the stock muffler.
Did it? Must be a typo in the hp rating then. That car shoulda been rated at 335hp with that exhaust. My 99 SS was rated at 327 with that exhaust. They had a bump in power in 01/02.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:18 PM
Banned

Actually that test car came optioned with the SLP Muffler/Center Mount Exhaust, which isn't worth much more than the stock muffler.
Looks like the stock SS exhaust to me.

Old 05-22-2013, 05:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 429 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by adamantium

Sure is the stock exhaust. I thought it had the stock exhaust. I never seen a test where the SS had all the performance options on it from SLP. It's a shame too. I would love to have seen where the SLP optioned SS would've stood.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GtoSpd
My Mach made 317 with weld in flows, tune, and an ORX through 4.10s . It was the 3V that made 308. ....340 na with boltons, get a grip on reality. You can't be that stupid. So now Machs make the same power mod for mod as an LS1. Just stop it man, you are worse off than you realize.

And Morbid straight embarrassed your *** on MF. Thats why you can't stop talking about him, Crawfish.
317std? Can we get a dyno sheet of this? Actually the Bolton record is 35x std or 34x sae. Showing how dumb you really are I see

Morbid didn't own ****. He banned me when I got under his skin because of the constant truth bombs. He even stated at one point a converter even with lockup will not net any mph gains. Yet you yourself have seen mph gains with one hmmm seems like an intelligent man I tell ya
Old 05-22-2013, 05:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Depends on what your trying to do. 3.90's would be optimal for drag racing.....3.73. for street racing.

Same for the cobra 4.30s would be fine on the street but 4.56s would be optimum for the track.

It's no use adam.....he don't understand gearing. He's not bright enough to figure out that the cobra/mach actually has more gear until 3rd gear even with 3.27's. 3rd gear is about a wash with there being about .1 difference.
I understand morons. You are just to blind to see the big picture here. Regardless of the gear ratios of the t56 or 3650. When you add that much gear it is going to be a night day difference. Going from a 3.42- 3.90 is not as big as change as going from a 3.27 - 4.56 regardless of the gear ratios of the trans.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:37 PM
Banned

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...-mach-1-a.html
Old 05-22-2013, 05:38 PM
Banned

I understand morons. You are just to blind to see the big picture here. Regardless of the gear ratios of the t56 or 3650. When you add that much gear it is going to be a night day difference. Going from a 3.42- 3.90 is not as big as change as going from a 3.27 - 4.56 regardless of the gear ratios of the trans.
You clearly do not understand.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

317std? Can we get a dyno sheet of this? Actually the Bolton record is 35x std or 34x sae. Showing how dumb you really are I see

Morbid didn't own ****. He banned me when I got under his skin because of the constant truth bombs. He even stated at one point a converter even with lockup will not net any mph gains. Yet you yourself have seen mph gains with one hmmm seems like an intelligent man I tell ya
Std numbers on a dynojet. And yes, I'll post it as soon as I get off work.

Uhhh, yea he did. Over and over again. I'm talking he straight grudge fuked your *** while the entire MF S/S section laughed at you. Then StkJck permaband your trolling ***!

Just to be clear, you are telling myself and all the other members here that a bolt on Mach will dyno 340-350 Rwhp? Same as a bolt on LS1? Just want to make sure everyone understands what you're saying.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Guitar
RPM said the car should be done for Sunday. Hoping I can get the tires mounted too (new fronts) because mine are showing cords and I'd rather not run them like that...
Don't worry those tires won't come apart at only 108mph...
Old 05-22-2013, 07:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Sure is the stock exhaust. I thought it had the stock exhaust. I never seen a test where the SS had all the performance options on it from SLP. It's a shame too. I would love to have seen where the SLP optioned SS would've stood.
Did you guys even read the article? It clearly states:

"...it comes in the form of an SS spec 325-hp version of the Chevy's rumbling, grumbling, Vette-derived 5.7L LS1 V8; a factory installed ram-air style hood and cat-back center-outlet exhaust system which are supposed to be good for a few more ponies, though they didn't prove so on our test."

So either the editor is totally clueless or the car in pic wasn't the actual test car since it obviously doesn't have it.

Last edited by m_liel; 05-22-2013 at 07:22 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:32 PM
Banned

Did you guys even read the article? It clearly states:

"...it comes in the form of an SS spec 325-hp version of the Chevy's rumbling, grumbling, Vette-derived 5.7L LS1 V8; a factory installed ram-air style hood and cat-back center-outlet exhaust system which are supposed to be good for a few more ponies, though they didn't prove so on our test."

So either the editor is totally clueless or the car in pic wasn't the actual test car since it obviously doesn't have it.
Where did it say anything about the SLP package?

It just says "SS spec"
Old 05-22-2013, 07:39 PM
Teching In

Where did it say anything about the SLP package?

It just says "SS spec"
READ THE ARTICLE YOU POSTED! Everything I quoted is in there.

The only "power" options offered by SLP for the SS was exhaust (CME, Dual/Dual) and air lid (SLP or SLP/Donaldson blackwing). My '02 had the CME and blackwing.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:48 PM
Banned

You clearly do not understand.
Sure
Old 05-22-2013, 07:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GtoSpd
Std numbers on a dynojet. And yes, I'll post it as soon as I get off work.

Sure let's see those 317std numbers with k&n filter, xpipe, mufflers, tune

Uhhh, yea he did. Over and over again. I'm talking he straight grudge fuked your *** while the entire MF S/S section laughed at you. Then StkJck permaband your trolling ***!

Wrong. Btw this post is very homo like. Just saying. Not to mention you are getting fucked up in this current argument. Much worse then what you do to morbids *** in your down time

Just to be clear, you are telling myself and all the other members here that a bolt on Mach will dyno 340-350 Rwhp? Same as a bolt on LS1? Just want to make sure everyone understands what you're saying

I am saying that with full boltons they will make 340+std.

Waiting
Old 05-22-2013, 08:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Waiting
Sorry to keep you waiting sir. Some of have J-O-B's.

307/332...the 317 was the RWTQ on the S197 with some crap bolted to it. My bad, Crawfish. Uploading the graph fwiw. Pretty much further proves my point about your 350 RWHP Bolt-on Mach BS, lol
Attached Thumbnails Mach at the track-image.jpg  

Last edited by GtoSpd; 05-22-2013 at 08:13 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:09 PM
Banned

Autoderp, I read all that **** over on MF. Your *** got torn to PIECES. You got tossed like a rag doll over there, son. Are you really naive enough to think that EVERYONE is wrong and you're the only one who is right? I think you have one of the worst cases of Narcissistic personality disorder to ever go undocumented.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:12 PM
Banned

Sure
Thanks for proving me right. Next.

READ THE ARTICLE YOU POSTED! Everything I quoted is in there.

The only "power" options offered by SLP for the SS was exhaust (CME, Dual/Dual) and air lid (SLP or SLP/Donaldson blackwing). My '02 had the CME and blackwing.
Read it again, doesn't say anything about an SLP package. Just says "it packs more punch then a Z28." Probably GM attempting to sell the SS as having more HP then the actual Z28 basemodel. Besides that the car they used is in the pictures and stated in the text "You can order your 35th anniversary SS in coupe, T-Top coupe (our test car)". It does not have a SLP dual dual exhaust.

Quick Reply: Mach at the track