Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mach at the track

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2013 | 06:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by adamantium
I guess, i mean its a 108 mph car. I don't really consider a lid catback untuned auto f-body to be anything out of this world. Especially the handicaps he had vs your car. But yeah for its league it does well.

On the street it would be a good run for most NA k-swap hondas around here.
I wouldn't waste my gas on a NA Honda on the street. Lets see some races your car has been in.
Old 05-31-2013 | 07:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Lets see some races your car has been in.
Old 05-31-2013 | 07:11 PM
Banned

I wouldn't waste my gas on a NA Honda on the street. Lets see some races your car has been in.
lmao i think he would be wasting his gas on you 12.0 with a 1.7 60 foot at 111.

http://www.jdmtube.com/video/714/K20...28-PBIR-Moroso

Don't worry about me, you should worry about beating NA bolt on honda times
Old 05-31-2013 | 07:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

lmao i think he would be wasting his gas on you 12.0 with a 1.7 60 foot at 111.

http://www.jdmtube.com/video/714/K20...28-PBIR-Moroso

Don't worry about me, you should worry about beating NA bolt on honda times
I'd be more than happy to run him.

So wheres some vids of your car running something?
Old 05-31-2013 | 07:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

You threw a rear in it, gear and tire and still 60 foot 1.9s? Dafuq. Grats on getting into the 12s i guess. Launch the car higher.
lmao goes to grab the shifter and grabs his slurpee instead. "Oh derp"
*****? He posted a picture of a slip on the internet, it doesn't take ***** to do that. Stop sack riding and look at the big picture here.

11 second slip? When did guitar run 11s?

Ill post up some times once i get some tires on my wheels.
Talks about other people running slower than he feels they should run. But has he ever ran HIS car before?

What do you want me to do pull a random slip out of my ***? The car hasn't seen a track since ive owned it. Its on street tires.
******* clown. I have $50 right here I will paypal you if you can go to the track in your pos and better Guitar's 12.6. Should be a damn walk in the park for you! You've got the whole drag racing at the track thing figured out.

Atleast Guitar actually runs his car instead of his **** sucker like you.
Old 05-31-2013 | 08:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Oh no he did-int!!!
Old 05-31-2013 | 08:37 PM
Teching In

Old 05-31-2013 | 08:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
Any action in our neck of the woods this weekend? I need a run!
Old 05-31-2013 | 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm gonna talk to RPM and see what he can do. I don't want to take it out myself. I'm tired of working on this car.

I'm down for some runs...
Old 05-31-2013 | 10:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Guitar
I'm gonna talk to RPM and see what he can do. I don't want to take it out myself. I'm tired of working on this car.

I'm down for some runs...
Use them if you want, but I HIGHlY recommend you not use them for your rear end work. They fubared a simple 3.73 gear change on my 10 bolt last year. Ended up paying this other guy to re-do it. They had the ring and pinion pushed together so tight it looked like someone took a grinder to the teeth.

I'm game too for some runs. I'm just hanging out all weekend...

Last edited by GtoSpd; 05-31-2013 at 10:52 PM.
Old 06-01-2013 | 12:06 AM
Banned

Talks about other people running slower than he feels they should run. But has he ever ran HIS car before?

******* clown. I have $50 right here I will paypal you if you can go to the track in your pos and better Guitar's 12.6. Should be a damn walk in the park for you! You've got the whole drag racing at the track thing figured out.

Aw look, i clearly struck a nerve .

Let us know when your out of bolt on Honda territory brah.

Ill post up my slips when i go.

Till then hold your breath.

I can say whatever the hell i want, its the beautiful thing about forums. People like you make it really entertaining.

I'd be more than happy to run him.

So wheres some vids of your car running something?
Good luck, that hatch actually went 11.9 a couple weeks back.

Like i said don't worry about me so much, just imagine ive never raced anyone
Old 06-01-2013 | 08:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

So I guess that means you are pussing out on getting $50 from me and running your car faster than Guitar's???
Old 06-01-2013 | 08:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GtoSpd
Use them if you want, but I HIGHlY recommend you not use them for your rear end work. They fubared a simple 3.73 gear change on my 10 bolt last year. Ended up paying this other guy to re-do it. They had the ring and pinion pushed together so tight it looked like someone took a grinder to the teeth.

I'm game too for some runs. I'm just hanging out all weekend...
Ryan setup the gears in my 9" and they are fine. So far they've been good to me for all my work so I'll use them until something goes bad.

Lmk.
Old 06-01-2013 | 09:04 AM
Launching!

This x 5,000.

That POS of his would probably only run 13s anyway.
Old 06-01-2013 | 09:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

everyone in here has valid points. Im like adam in the sense where i dont want to run at the track till i consider the car to be complete...till then ill have my fun on the street. At the same time he needs to understand that its not nearly as easy as the record boards and other people say. Hio doesnt just run that time off of luck and chance. His car is beyond dialed in and so is he. Guitar on the other hand is just learning his car.

Heres a good example of having to learn your car and the track. My first track pass in my AUTOMATIC GTO was a 14.7 at 105. Full exhaust, afr heads, stock cam, air intake. ******* horrifying... but the car was strong on the street for what it was. I added a cam/tires/converter.. and went 12.2 at 114. Mediocre at best. By the time i learned cars and the track and getting experience in the hobby. I ended up going back to the track with a bone stock junk yard 6.0 iron motor with roughly 60-80whp less and the same weight car. I managed a 12.1 at 114. By then i had learned all i needed to know about cars/track and figured it was time to make the power again. I built another motor. Made 443whp weighing 3630 race weight that day and went 11.4 at 120 on street tires with 7-8psi in them. On just a DR with normal tire pressure... i expected 11.0-11.1 at 122-123 out of it.

Summing it up real quick

inexperience H/C GTO on DRs on 25psi - 12.2 at 114
experience h/c GTO on street tires on 8psi - 11.4 at 120

Both setups ran the same heads, exhaust, weight.....the faster setup only made 20whp more...

And all of this was in a car with an auto...let alone a stick...
Old 06-01-2013 | 10:12 AM
Banned

So I guess that means you are pussing out on getting $50 from me and running your car faster than Guitar's???
Save your money. Maybe buy some sportsman upfront so you wont make excuses about that. Till then consider me slow, doesn't make a difference to me

Originally Posted by evangto87
everyone in here has valid points. Im like adam in the sense where i dont want to run at the track till i consider the car to be complete...till then ill have my fun on the street. At the same time he needs to understand that its not nearly as easy as the record boards and other people say. Hio doesnt just run that time off of luck and chance. His car is beyond dialed in and so is he. Guitar on the other hand is just learning his car.

Heres a good example of having to learn your car and the track. My first track pass in my AUTOMATIC GTO was a 14.7 at 105. Full exhaust, afr heads, stock cam, air intake. ******* horrifying... but the car was strong on the street for what it was. I added a cam/tires/converter.. and went 12.2 at 114. Mediocre at best. By the time i learned cars and the track and getting experience in the hobby. I ended up going back to the track with a bone stock junk yard 6.0 iron motor with roughly 60-80whp less and the same weight car. I managed a 12.1 at 114. By then i had learned all i needed to know about cars/track and figured it was time to make the power again. I built another motor. Made 443whp weighing 3630 race weight that day and went 11.4 at 120 on street tires with 7-8psi in them. On just a DR with normal tire pressure... i expected 11.0-11.1 at 122-123 out of it.

Summing it up real quick

Both setups ran the same heads, exhaust, weight.....the faster setup only made 20whp more...

I agree, im not going to go drive for 2 hours waste gas/time to go and run 13s or some **** on street tires. Im not proving **** by doing that, especially in this ******* heat. Not like itll make a difference anyways my car runs the way it runs on the street, track times or squeezing ET out of it is not going to change thing, thats just for E bragging rights. Which honestly no one on here phases me enough to actually go to the track and shut them up.
Old 06-01-2013 | 10:14 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by evangto87

Summing it up real quick

8psi??? Is that not dangerous? I have always heard that street tires actually get better traction by design near their rated pressure.. something about the tire cupping in the center with low pressure.?? School me cause I want's tah know.
Old 06-01-2013 | 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Which honestly no one on here phases me enough to actually go to the track and shut them up.
Reply on the BS thread and tell me what parts you're buying you derp...
Old 06-01-2013 | 10:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Reply on the BS thread and tell me what parts you're buying you derp...
Probably getting some derps from automach, he usually has alot in stock and for the low.
Old 06-01-2013 | 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Probably getting some derps from automach, he usually has alot in stock and for the low.
Thankfully he has lots of derps in stock

Quick Reply: Mach at the track