Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mach at the track

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 02:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lemons12
False. I have said it so many times.. It only shows who is faster from the starting speed..
If that was true from 40mph car A trapping 105 would ALWAYS beat car B trapping 102... Fact: that doesn't always happen.

If you think roll racing is an indication of who makes more power or who has more top end you are WAY off. You haven't seen enough roll racing and know exactly what both cars et mph and dyno..
There is so much more that goes into it then that.

And i love auto x... But last time i checked they don't do wheelies... And wheelies are bad ***.
They are bad ***, but they don't exactly accomplish anything nor bring a win because of them.

And I agree, it doesn't always happen, but thats because other factors like gearing, aero, weight, and normally driver incompetence are involved.

You can, however, get a good idea of how a roll will end up based on trap. Car trapping 109mph will most likely kill a car trapping 100mph from a roll, even if for some reason, the 100mph trapping car runs 13.3 and the 109 runs 13.6

1-3mph difference isn't substantial enough to decide a run. Trap speed has been used forever along with weight as a general calculation to what horsepower the car might be making. It matters.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

But Stopsign is trapping within 3mph of many of these cars.. That could put him 1.5 lengths ahead 40-120. Don't tell me it couldn't, I've seen it too many times.

Sure 9mph is going to matter.. Don't get ridiculous with it.

Horsepower means nothing... But chances are a 600hp car is going to beat a 350hp car. That is stretching to try to make it false however. Its silly and shows how wrong everyone is.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Look, its Hiho's pet chiwawa. If I throw you a dog treat would you go away to another thread?

Put him on your ignore list, I promise you won't regret it
Old 04-14-2013, 03:28 PM
TECH Resident

But Stopsign is trapping within 3mph of many of these cars.. That could put him 1.5 lengths ahead 40-120. Don't tell me it couldn't, I've seen it too many times.

Sure 9mph is going to matter.. Don't get ridiculous with it.

Horsepower means nothing... But chances are a 600hp car is going to beat a 350hp car. That is stretching to try to make it false however. Its silly and shows how wrong everyone is.
ET doesn't necessarily mean its a faster car either. That relies heavily on suspension and driver. Seems you're doing the same thing you're claiming I am. Stretching it to make it false.

Trap counts. Car trapping 120 vs 125... You could safely assume the 125mph trapping car would be faster from a roll.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by odthetruth
ET doesn't necessarily mean its a faster car either.
So what does it mean? That it's a faster motor vehicle???
Old 04-14-2013, 04:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Et always means you have the quicker car.

Trap doesn't count... From 40 the 125 car might win, from 20 the 120 car might win.

It would be safe to ASSume but it doesn't always hold true.

And Kevin... People were staring at me in applebees i was laughing so hard. I saw it and thought the same thing. Good laugh for the day.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

My first thought was "wtf?"
Old 04-14-2013, 06:42 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is what i want to know.....

Stopsign runs 12.3@105... Random ls1 owner runs 13.2@109... Stopsign is 3 lengths ahead at 110mph/endow the quarter.

How the **** does that magically change on the street? Cars that trap higher at the track don't magically pull back faster on the street or magically hook better on the street.

If anything the quicker et car has even more advantage.. The car with more suspension and tire is at even more of an advantage on the street.
I tried explaining that before but it went over peoples heads and then ignored after short lived arguments.
Okay so if i slip the clutch on my car on wheels and DR at the track and cut like 1.9 60 foots or some **** and the mach cuts 1.5 poping the clutch close to redline your saying his car is going to leave the same on a normal street? LOL. Get real dude. he would have to slip the clutch too. Street racing is street racing, there a million variables.

A car that would win 1/4 mile at the track would also win 1/4 mile on the street.. O ****, Who woulda thunk it?
No.

Unless were talking about that queer *** roll racing.. Which is funny.. A car that would get a slower et and lose 1/4 mile would want that.

Funny how this works. We mostly all own rwd v8 American muscle.. Dig - 1/8 or 1/4. If you don't want that, stay the **** home.
Your a retard for thinking everyone on the planet sets there car up for one thing and one thing only. Your praying on other cars faults, thats all your doing. Thats like me saying your a ****** for just sitting there and letting your stalled auto do all the work. If you can't drive a stick stay the **** home phaggot.

And fwiw... At the track awd cars don't have the same advantage. I would rather rwd.
But an awd car will face **** you on the street. So what happens there track god number 2? How much weight does an ET hold then?

False. I have said it so many times.. It only shows who is faster from the starting speed..
If that was true from 40mph car A trapping 105 would ALWAYS beat car B trapping 102... Fact: that doesn't always happen.

If you think roll racing is an indication of who makes more power or who has more top end you are WAY off. You haven't seen enough roll racing and know exactly what both cars et mph and dyno..
There is so much more that goes into it then that.

And i love auto x... But last time i checked they don't do wheelies... And wheelies are bad ***.
Man people roll race to eliminate wheel spin or other issues its just faster car coming out on top. Have you ever roll raced? seriously, the faster car will always pull on every roll if traction is the same. Racing from the dig there are SO many variables that even a slow *** car will come out on top just if he gets a good launch going. Just cause your slow *** stalled auto can't roll race doesn't give you the right to call it gay.

Originally Posted by Heater
Put him on your ignore list, I promise you won't regret it

Lol this guy is butthurt

Last edited by adamantium; 04-14-2013 at 06:52 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by adamantium
Just cause your slow *** stalled auto can't roll race doesn't give you the right to call it gay.
You realize that... just nvm. Not worth it.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 92builtbird

1992 Firebird-Cammed l Stalled l Dumped
Old 04-14-2013, 06:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Okay so if i slip the clutch on my car on wheels and DR at the track and cut like 1.8 60 foots and the mach cuts 1.5 poping the clutch close to redline your saying his car is going to leave the same on a normal street? LOL. Get real dude. he would have to slip the clutch too. Street racing is street racing, there a million variables.
Who said anything about a normal street tire?
No.
So now cars that run a quicker ET at the track don't do the same on the street? Laws of physics change too I guess.
Your a retard for thinking everyone on the planet sets there car up for one thing and one thing only. Your praying on other cars faults, thats all your doing. Thats like me saying your a ****** for just sitting there and letting your stalled auto do all the work. If you can't drive a stick stay the **** home phaggot.
I'm preying on their faults? How is that? That be like me saying a manual is preying on my faults because it wants a roll against my stalled auto.

I'll out launch and out shift you in MY MANUAL car all day long, don't bring that **** to my porch. There is a reason I want to dig race even in my manual.
But an awd car will face **** you on the street. So what happens there track god number 2? How much weight does an ET hold then?
My lower ET car still has more of a chance than your higher ET car... So a lot.
Man people roll race to eliminate wheel spin or other issues its just faster car coming out on top. Have you ever roll raced? seriously, the faster car will always pull on every roll if traction is the same. Racing from the dig there are SO many variables that even a slow *** car will come out on top just if he gets a good launch going. Just cause your slow *** stalled auto can't roll race doesn't give you the right to call it gay.
People roll race because they don't have a properly setup car, can't launch, etc... If they could launch and had a properly setup car, they would want a dig.
My slow *** stalled auto? Yes, because you have a blazing fast manual.

Go on somewhere with your slow *** 13 second sub 110mph cars... The same "rules" that apply to those kind of cars don't apply to cars that can actually get out of their own way.
I mean, 'bro'.. Seriously?
02 l Formulal M6
LT's l 4" custom flowmaster y merge dumped l SLP lid l Potz ported TB l & more
My DD would walk you.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 92builtbird
I laffed.
Maybe you need to see who you were quoting?

The correct sig of the stalled auto -"Just cause your slow *** stalled auto can't roll race doesn't give you the right to call it gay."

TMS 370/LS3 l PTC l Nitro Dave l Weld Racing l PARacing l TSP
Old 04-14-2013, 07:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yup you missed the other two.. and my boat.

You're a young guy like me right? Are you still looking for a job? I know that was pretty high on your priority list.

You seem to talk a lot of **** for having a 13 second ride. And FYI, my turd gen isn't in the 13's like your shitbox.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

He is "schooling" me on street racing "facts".

I have had more races in a weeks time than he has done in his entire life. From 300Rwhp cars to 650+Rwhp cars/
Old 04-14-2013, 07:05 PM
Banned

Who said anything about a normal street tire?
Re read what i said.

So now cars that run a quicker ET at the track don't do the same on the street? Laws of physics change too I guess.
Not always.

I'm preying on their faults? How is that? That be like me saying a manual is preying on my faults because it wants a roll against my stalled auto.
What faults though, a stalled auto is superior bro right? It should beat a manual in every situation. I didn't say stalled autos prey on other cars faults i meant cars that are set up ONLY for dig racing, not all cars do that or are set up for that.

I'll out launch and out shift you in MY MANUAL car all day long, don't bring that **** to my porch. There is a reason I want to dig race even in my manual.
Great assumption, you haven't even seen me drive you derp.
My lower ET car still has more of a chance than your higher ET car... So a lot.
Holy **** id hope with an LS3 nitrous and cam or whatever else youd have youd beat a bolt on LS1. Derp.

People roll race because they don't have a properly setup car, can't launch, etc... If they could launch and had a properly setup car, they would want a dig.
No people roll race because they want a good run, and they want to be sure the faster car shows on top, i guess we should get all the fast 1000whp supras and vettes etc.. that were racing at tx2k to hit you up bro since your cars proper.

My slow *** stalled auto? Yes, because you have a blazing fast manual.

Go on somewhere with your slow *** 13 second sub 110mph cars... The same "rules" that apply to those kind of cars don't apply to cars that can actually get out of their own way.
I mean, 'bro'.. Seriously?
Cool video bro, your car rode the **** out. Was that 10 or 15 Mph? Blazing fast.

My DD would walk you.
Another awesome assumption

Last edited by adamantium; 04-14-2013 at 07:11 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:06 PM
Banned

The correct sig of the stalled auto -"Just cause your slow *** stalled auto can't roll race doesn't give you the right to call it gay."

TMS 370/LS3 l PTC l Nitro Dave l Weld Racing l PARacing l TSP
Okay?
Old 04-14-2013, 07:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Old 04-14-2013, 07:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

You are showing how much of a tool you really are. They are laughing at you.

I don't have to see you drive, I know my capabilities... There are a few in here that can attest to my abilities. How many times have people asked you to shift normal because they wanted to see how the race would go VS anyone else driving? I slow my shifts to make it a race.

Thanks for the invite.. But yes, I will be at the TX2k event next year.. I will also be at LSFest participating if you would like to see my slow auto in action.
Bring your manual and we can have some grudge racing.

That wasn't even 10mph, it just looks fast cause it is a stalled auto.

Yea but with normal street tires.. Yea but if we went from a roll where I don't spin.. Yea but if you didn't have lower gears... Yea but if you weighed more... Yea but if you didn't have such a big cam.

You are a little girl when it comes to racing and you are showing.

ANYBODY that has a car setup to do and can drive worth a damn wants a dig... How often you see people betting big money on 60mph roll races? Now how about some dig-1/8 or 1/4 runs. The "big dogs" dig race for a reason. Don't set your car up to be able to launch AND pull on the big end, stay the **** home.

I'm done with you.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Bout to get good. Glad I got rum and autocorrect
Old 04-14-2013, 07:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Okay?
You said, "Just cause your slow *** stalled auto can't roll race doesn't give you the right to call it gay."

I was making you aware that I make more power with my power adder than you make period. But I have the slow *** stalled auto car.

I roll race people so they have a chance of it being a race... And they usually still get skull fucked.

Quick Reply: Mach at the track