Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mach at the track

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 11:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
This place would be a lot better off if people like you would stfu. More evidence of you not knowing wtf your talking about.

I like it better. I must like it because it's been that way for over 6 years. If you can't drive a stick then you need the syncro'nannies........if you can then you don't.
And there you go.

How can you honestly wonder why no one takes you seriously on here? Face palm was made for you.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:55 AM
10 Second Club

Received 450 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
And there you go.

How can you honestly wonder why no one takes you seriously on here? Face palm was made for you.
WTF are you talking about? That's just the way it is. syncro's make it easier to drive.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

more bs I see. Liberty did mine.
So why does Brad at Liberty and Bob at Hanlon them tell me Faceplated trans was harder on the gears than normal and normal driving is hard on the gears over a normal trans? Thus why it is 99.9% used as a racing trans.

Man you are awesome! Always taking the laws of physics and turning them on their head.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

WTF are you talking about? That's just the way it is. syncro's make it easier to drive.
Faceplated trans goes into gear 10x's easier than a syncroed trans. That's kinda the point of it idiot.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:03 PM
***Repost Police***

You have to rev match your down shifts.....which as far as I'm concerned if you can't do that you can't drive a stick. Example: In the gf vs bf vid....the guy in the c6 can't drive a stick. Driving a stick takes foot work too. I rev match sycro'd trans on the downshift too, it's smoother that way on the down shift.
Oh, you mean this one?

Old 04-20-2013, 12:08 PM
10 Second Club

So why does Brad at Liberty and Bob at Hanlon them tell me Faceplated trans was harder on the gears than normal and normal driving is hard on the gears over a normal trans? Thus why it is 99.9% used as a racing trans.

Man you are awesome! Always taking the laws of physics and turning them on their head.
I've seen gears ground up with syncro's. They're telling you that because they basically don't want you street driving it. Just like they tell you to use the clutch. Because they know idiots like yourself will go out there and yank on the gear lever at wot then give them grief on why it broke. Now when I bust 3rd gear fp the gear it's self was fine. They turned 3rd gear fp off and put a new fp on it. If it would've messed up a 3rd gear that was syncro'd then 3rd gear would have to be replaced because the sycro is made onto the gear. You see the difference? Probably not.
Faceplated trans goes into gear 10x's easier than a syncroed trans. That's kinda the point of it idiot.
Then fp yours and stop whining about mine......do it....stop being a bitch. You really don't know wtf your talking about on this.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:10 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Oh, you mean this one?

maybe it was the 240....but one of them was not rev matching. You could here that plain as day.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

LOL I had a faceplated trans and did plenty of looking into them. And I talked to Brad about how you shift by lifting slightly between gears as if you were on a bike shifting without the clutch and he said that it didn't matter. It would increase the wear on the transmission.

But I guess he was just saying that and it isn't true, right Hiho?
Old 04-20-2013, 12:22 PM
10 Second Club

There is no doubt it will increase the wear. But if you use the clutch and wot shift it then your increasing the wear on the clutch also. Go start your car.....your increasing the wear.

Something is gonna wear. Choose what you want to wear. Put you syncro'd gearbox in gear......you just wore the syncro. I have been running this trans for years......but your gonna tell me how it wears now.

Point is they don't want people shifting like I do. I've had my fp'd t56 apart. I know what the **** looks like and how it was wearing. Right now I have a wore 6th gear syncro......you see it wears also.

Power shift your 3650....tell me that don't wear it.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 04-20-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:33 PM
11 Second Club

Hiho I'm on my phone so its kinda hard to follow but are u saying thst u shift your tranny at wot without the use uf the clutch? U just yank it out and then in gear?
Old 04-20-2013, 12:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Faceplated trans has a tremendous shock to the gears due to the massive gap between the teeth. A synchroed trans is much smoother. Thus why one is a racing transmission and one is a street transmission. Is there any performance car that comes with a faceplated trans for the factory? You sir, basically have a race car. I have a lightly bolt on stock Mustang.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:35 PM
On The Tree

Years ago a friend of mine had a face plated transmission in his DD. He was told that it wasn't recommended for a street car driven a lot because it was harder on the transmission. He ended up having to pull the transmission out and having it gone through about once a year. The third year he pulled it out, he put a automatic in the car.

I didn't care for it on the street, but it was pure sex on the drag strip, it sounded like a automatic and pulled hard as hell on the big end.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

ill chime in here on my own experience with close friends and the local speed shop (also a friend). I cant speak of daily driving...but i can say this.... my buddies liberty built faceplated t-5 was in his fox for 10 years before finally needing to be taken apart. His car runs consistant 11.0-11.1 at 121-122 out of his na 306.

There is no doubt a faceplated trans is leaps and bounds stronger and WILL last longer before needing a rebuild then a synchrod trans. However.... i wouldnt say they are by any means EASIER to drive then a synchrod trans and are definately "race" inspired....but.... isnt every single thing we do to the car "race" inspired.

As far as synchrod trans work in the racing world. I dont know of any good drivers who have gotten a well built trans to last longer then a few months without needing a rebuild (bad synchros). And im talking built T-56s in bolt on f bodies not lasting....
Old 04-20-2013, 04:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

This thread will be on the top the next time I make a "what the Mach ran" thread. Only next one will be 1/4 so no bitching.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:16 PM
On The Tree

Wonder if it will go this many pages a 2nd time?
Old 04-20-2013, 05:50 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
Hiho I'm on my phone so its kinda hard to follow but are u saying thst u shift your tranny at wot without the use uf the clutch? U just yank it out and then in gear?
I shift it w/o the clutch.....no I don't just yank it. I breathe the throttle and pull the gear. It's very smooth when you get your timing down. Once I put my ign cut on it will be even smoother and I will not lift at all.
Faceplated trans has a tremendous shock to the gears due to the massive gap between the teeth. A synchroed trans is much smoother. Thus why one is a racing transmission and one is a street transmission. Is there any performance car that comes with a faceplated trans for the factory? You sir, basically have a race car. I have a lightly bolt on stock Mustang.
The dogs take the abuse not the gear nit wit.

Slicks =racecar.....period

So your saying old 3/4 ton and 1 ton trucks are race cars?? Tractor trailer trucks are race cars??? A lot of those use to not have synchronized trans. A lot of old british cars didn't either.....all race cars

Are there any street cars that come from the factory with slicks?? You sir basically have a race car.
Originally Posted by Heater
Years ago a friend of mine had a face plated transmission in his DD. He was told that it wasn't recommended for a street car driven a lot because it was harder on the transmission. He ended up having to pull the transmission out and having it gone through about once a year. The third year he pulled it out, he put a automatic in the car.

I didn't care for it on the street, but it was pure sex on the drag strip, it sounded like a automatic and pulled hard as hell on the big end.
Mine has held up great. I busted a 3rd gear dog off a couple years ago but that was my own fault. I was talking on the phone and practicing running the car a bit before I took it to the track....I messed up. Then I finished it off at the track.

Don't get a pro shifted trans confused with faceplating. The pro shifted stuff that liberty used to do required alot a maintenance. I've been running this trans for 6+ years with only 1 mess up. Pretty damn good in my book. It has outlasted my previous syncroed t56's.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:51 PM
10 Second Club

This thread will be on the top the next time I make a "what the Mach ran" thread. Only next one will be 1/4 so no bitching.
You mean no bullshit numbers like you tried to post and I called you out on.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

I hope it's complete **** DA so everyone can bitch about how DA corrections are only used for NHRA racing and the times aren't real.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

^ which is why i try to run in 0-1000+ da. Anything into the negatives is always discredited and anything too positive can effective your times enough for people to again, discredit them.

As far as the above guys arguing about what defines a race car vs a street car...... knock it off.

You have literally beaten, stomped on, driven over, backed up over, meat grinded, and burned the dead horse to ash....Enough is enough

Can you drive it on the street? Do you drive it on the street? Is it registerable?....if all three are yes... then its a ******* street car. End of argument!!
Old 04-20-2013, 06:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by evangto87
^ which is why i try to run in 0-1000+ da. Anything into the negatives is always discredited and anything too positive can effective your times enough for people to again, discredit them.

As far as the above guys arguing about what defines a race car vs a street car...... knock it off.

You have literally beaten, stomped on, driven over, backed up over, meat grinded, and burned the dead horse to ash....Enough is enough

Can you drive it on the street? Do you drive it on the street? Is it registerable?....if all three are yes... then its a ******* street car. End of argument!!
I run slicks.. Switch them off when I am daily driving the car... Would be stupid to put senseless wear on 400+ dollar tires..

Quick Reply: Mach at the track