Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How much is it to faceplate a t56?
Old 04-20-2013, 11:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
This is a quote directly from Liberty's site:

"Pro shifting and face plating does NOT make your transmission clutchless. The

shock load of shifting without the clutch will cause severe damage to your transmission"

http://www.libertysgears.com/faceplate-proshift.htm

You're doing it wrong. But what does liberty know. Clearly they don't know as much as you.

EDIT: so lets take a re-cap of things that you think are right when the consensus says you're wrong:

-Slicks make a car a drag car
-A quote in stoppys's sig thats funny as hell "that mustang's suspension is not working, he clearly had to add some weight to keep the front down"
-FP'ing is easier on the gears than a sycnrod tranny
- 3.73 vs 4.10 argument when EVERYONE in the LSx world lowered their ET with 4.10's
- Suspension: AS vs squatting. Cars all the time with too much AS lift the rear tires all the time
- You picked up 6mph with ram air

But yet us mustang guys are always wrong???? Come on hiho...You can't be this ignorant. It's almost like youre saying this on purpose to get under our skin. U F'n with us?

LoL, nice job keeping tabs.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:56 PM
Banned

lol @ a slick

Old 04-20-2013, 11:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So let me get this straight.. Hiho has a stick, but basically shifts it manually like you would a TH350 or any other automatic.. just pulls/pushes it and goes?

That can't be good, can it??
Old 04-21-2013, 12:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

shock load of shifting without the clutch will cause severe damage to your transmission"

You're doing it wrong. But what does liberty know. Clearly they don't know as much as you.

EDIT: so lets take a re-cap of things that you think are right when the consensus says you're wrong:

-A quote in stoppys's sig thats funny as hell "that mustang's suspension is not working, he clearly had to add some weight to keep the front down"
- 3.73 vs 4.10 argument when EVERYONE in the LSx world lowered their ET with 4.10's
- Suspension: AS vs squatting. Cars all the time with too much AS lift the rear tires all the time

But yet us mustang guys are always wrong???? Come on hiho...You can't be this ignorant. It's almost like youre saying this on purpose to get under our skin. U F'n with us?
Lol! +1

Putting a drag tire on at the dragstrip and a street tire on for the street = racecar.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ZNix
I wonder how slicks work on the street.. Think I could get a decent launch against you Evan?

Zack
Like ****, they pick up every pebble and grain of sand and toss it under your car so it sounds like rain on a tin roof and nicks the paint under the bumper.

Old 04-21-2013, 12:14 AM
On The Tree

So that is why everybody calls my Cobra a race car...now I know
Old 04-21-2013, 01:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
What does proper weight reduction have to do with streetability?????....oooh that's right.....NOTHING
What do my 325 DRs have to do with streetability? NOTHING.

I have drove my car EVERY single day the past several weeks. It is my DAILY DRIVER right now. I probably habe drove it more than you have drove your car.

I have been caught in the rain 4 times (1 downpour)... And guess what? It didn't hydroplane/spin/etc... How I drove didn't change the least bit. From stop and go traffic to 60+ mph.

Like someone else said... It would be dangerous to have my car with regular street tires.. I would be sideways at 60MPH.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 429 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
You're butt hurt you can't cause your pos would fall apart.
According to you slicks are easier on parts.....and you still need to reinforce that shitty chassis you have.
Originally Posted by Snickers
Even on the track?
Even on the track.

What's your point?
Yep slicks = race car
Yep, when a car is damn near dragging the rear bumper for a 1/8 mile it needs work.
Yep 4.10's suck in these cars. I should know......I've had or friends have had all gears that fit a 10bolt. You have lots of experience with these cars though
I explained to you the guy had to much bite in his car. But for some reason you don't want to believe me.
Explain where you come up with picking up 6mph with a ram air....I mean I can see you being a little jealous of complete cars molly whoppin your gutted car's trap but come on......that's a little extreme

Here ya go....I'm so full of ****.

Originally Posted by Turbo2vGT
Explain.
Why go to the track with your STREET car and put Race car tires on it? To me part of fooling with STREET cars is know how they run in STREET form. Guys like stoppy that apparently can't get it done on a STREET tire use the slick as a crutch for his shitty car.

Take your and my et/mph. Look very similar on paper......but in reality I did it in street trim....you didn't.
Originally Posted by ZNix
Guess I'm a moron .
Maybe so......need more details though
Originally Posted by adamantium
How much is it to faceplate a t56?
back when I did mine it was about $1200.
Originally Posted by 92builtbird
So let me get this straight.. Hiho has a stick, but basically shifts it manually like you would a TH350 or any other automatic.. just pulls/pushes it and goes?

That can't be good, can it??
Refer to vid
Originally Posted by Puck
Like ****, they pick up every pebble and grain of sand and toss it under your car so it sounds like rain on a tin roof and nicks the paint under the bumper.

They handle like absolute **** also. I run r-compound rr tires in the summer. They pick up lots of **** also.
Originally Posted by lemons12
What do my 325 DRs have to do with streetability? NOTHING.

I have drove my car EVERY single day the past several weeks. It is my DAILY DRIVER right now. I probably habe drove it more than you have drove your car.

I have been caught in the rain 4 times (1 downpour)... And guess what? It didn't hydroplane/spin/etc... How I drove didn't change the least bit. From stop and go traffic to 60+ mph.

Like someone else said... It would be dangerous to have my car with regular street tires.. I would be sideways at 60MPH.
Why are you butt hurt? Who said anything bad about your dr? What dr's do you run anyway?
Old 04-21-2013, 08:20 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by adamantium
RIGHT....lol But Stoppy needs a slick to hook that Mach
Old 04-21-2013, 08:24 AM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I like how us spelled "threw" wrong in the vid
Old 04-21-2013, 08:49 AM
Teching In

I've never ran a slick on a street car myself, but I have ran a bias ply. IMO in stick shift/IRS cars, there is no other option. In an auto setup it's personal preference I guess. I'm going to run radials myself, but that's just me. Just curious, do you run DR's on the back of your car or are you one of those **** nuggets that go out and mess up the track for the rest of us with your BFG KDWs and crap?
Old 04-21-2013, 09:26 AM
On The Tree

Wow, just wow
Old 04-21-2013, 09:59 AM
Teching In

Take your and my et/mph. Look very similar on paper......but in reality I did it in street trim....you didn't.
Sure I did. I drove it there, I drove it back. I had full size rims and tires on the front (drove with them on there, not skinnies), full weight car not cut to bits and pieces. So my car is a race car because I put a set of slicks on it to get traction because my 17" radials with 40 series sidewalls wouldn't hook for anything? Isn't the point of going to the track is to get your best time? You're half retarded and the **** you spew on here means nothing to me anymore.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Why go to the track with your STREET car and put Race car tires on it? To me part of fooling with STREET cars is know how they run in STREET form. Guys like stoppy that apparently can't get it done on a STREET tire use the slick as a crutch for his shitty car.
That's your opinion. They are not "race car tires" as you put it. They are racing tires. Why wouldn't you put racing tires on your car when you are going to the racing track?

And if you know so much more about it then why can't your pile-o-**** out 60' my car? 1.7 60' That's cute
Old 04-21-2013, 10:25 AM
TECH Resident

Wow 73 pages. Stopsign good times. Everyone else carry on
Old 04-21-2013, 11:40 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by hugger1975
I like how us spelled "threw" wrong in the vid
Threw....through sonds the same don't really matter to me. But if you're gonna make fun of me about something like that you should get your own post right first.
Originally Posted by Turbo2vGT
Sure I did. I drove it there, I drove it back. I had full size rims and tires on the front (drove with them on there, not skinnies), full weight car not cut to bits and pieces. So my car is a race car because I put a set of slicks on it to get traction because my 17" radials with 40 series sidewalls wouldn't hook for anything? Isn't the point of going to the track is to get your best time? You're half retarded and the **** you spew on here means nothing to me anymore.
It really reflects how your street car performs on the street. Point of going to the track to me is to see how my car does in street form. I know it would go faster on slicks. But since I don't drive around on slicks it doesn't really matter.
Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
That's your opinion. They are not "race car tires" as you put it. They are racing tires. Why wouldn't you put racing tires on your car when you are going to the racing track?

And if you know so much more about it then why can't your pile-o-**** out 60' my car? 1.7 60' That's cute
So does anyone one here only race for 60'. I would like a show of hands. Race car tires.

How bout this....What was your best 60' on your nitto's? We both owned a set of those. That would be a great comparison.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:04 PM
***Repost Police***

Brb, gonna unfasten my seatbelt and look completely away from the road for an extended amount of time

But seriously, that thing bangs through the gears pretty hard.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:08 PM
Teching In

Yep, you're one of them guys.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

So does anyone one here only race for 60'. I would like a show of hands. Race car tires.

How bout this....What was your best 60' on your nitto's? We both owned a set of those. That would be a great comparison.
I've never ran my street tires on the drag strip. I run my drag tires on the drag strip and my street tires on the street. See how that works?

Quick Reply: Mach at the track