Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mach at the track

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 09:53 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and autocock if anyone has **** stds you do cause everyone in here rips ur *** up.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:20 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
and autocock if anyone has **** stds you do cause everyone in here rips ur *** up.
Wrong. That may be what you would like to do but that would make hio Jelaous
Old 04-21-2013, 10:21 PM
Banned

god what a bunch of morons. i nor hiho ever said the motor wasnt stock. he used the kb or whipple as an example that heaters car isnt stock. at the same time heater never said it WAS stock. he just named alot that is still stock. then morons get ahold of it that cant read and twist it into a mess
His car is still stock.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Snickers
People who have "12 sec club" above their avitar...
Troll away... **** is slow as **** and an fbody... Not much you can say to be honest. Lol
Old 04-21-2013, 10:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Why do you hate QTPs? Should be more than enough tire for the track. Or do you mean on the street?
Both
The MT grabbed hard on the street but I guess u have to give somewhere. No life on the MT. The QTP lasted *** long as time but didnt grab as hard on street or strip but damn they lasted a few years...
Old 04-21-2013, 10:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by hugger1975
Both
The MT grabbed hard on the street but I guess u have to give somewhere. No life on the MT. The QTP lasted *** long as time but didnt grab as hard on street or strip but damn they lasted a few years...
I've always thought bias ply sucked on the street over radials. The Hoosiers I have now are the only ones I've ever ran. But man are they awesome on the track.

List of tires I've run and my thoughts on the street

BFG DRs I: Were too soft and never hooked. Just made pretty black marks
MT DRs:
BFG DRs II: Meh, not too bad
Nitto DRs: Got a love/hate with them. When they are new they are great. But after a year or so of being out in the weather they start to suck.

I had a pair of Hoosier DRs for about 4 days but never tried them. Ended up flipping them and tires for a $400 gain over what I paid.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:05 AM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

^hmmmm

I havnt tried nittos since i was stock so i dont even remember if i like them....lol
I keep hearing they will last a little longer though.
MT were the best I ever ran but the wife is gona stab me if i need to drop 450 every summer.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:43 AM
On The Tree

My blower has been upgraded to a Ford Racing supercharger, and it has full exhaust with a boost-a-pump...unless you want to get real sticky tacky and start counting lowering springs and a MGW shifter..oh and a BillitFlow rear end brace.

You see it at the track like you see it on the street, with the exception of the rear tires and the spare tire and jack removed. My car has less mods and more street driven than any of these hacks in here trying to put down other peoples cars.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:24 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
You talkin to me??
Yeah. I had a twin disk in my Evo that was a 7.25" and weighed less than 20lbs with the flywheel. It took some getting used to, but I could slam the **** out of the gears in it... especially with the hydraulic throw out bearing.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:48 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Heater
My blower has been upgraded to a Ford Racing supercharger, and it has full exhaust with a boost-a-pump...unless you want to get real sticky tacky and start counting lowering springs and a MGW shifter..oh and a BillitFlow rear end brace.

You see it at the track like you see it on the street, with the exception of the rear tires and the spare tire and jack removed. My car has less mods and more street driven than any of these hacks in here trying to put down other peoples cars.
A ******* rear end brace!!!!! RACECAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR
Old 04-22-2013, 06:02 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
Troll away... **** is slow as **** and an fbody... Not much you can say to be honest. Lol

I can't trying to troll on this site is like trying to divide by zero!
Old 04-22-2013, 06:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So if I had a garage, and I buy a brand new Vette, Camaro, Mustang, etc. Always keep it garaged because it is my toy and I only take it out on nice days or days when I have a friendly meet or something when the weather is nice. Don't take it to the track because I just like cruising and doing the occasional race on the street. When I play around, it doesn't hook on the street - so I decide to ditch the tires on it for drag radials, on the stock wheels. The car is completely stock, btw.

Now I have a racecar?

Old 04-22-2013, 07:00 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Snickers
I can't trying to troll on this site is like trying to divide by zero!
2SSARME divides by zero in here daily... It's how automach was born.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:10 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
2SSARME divides by zero in here daily... It's how automach was born.

2SSARME is in a league of his own and I don't even know where automach is at
Old 04-22-2013, 07:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by automach1
Hate to disappoint but a b-headed cobra can run well with the right parts n/a.
it CAN run decent. yes it can. the point that was being made, is the b head cant compete on motor with c heads that stoppy runs.

H/C/I on pump gas can make 385rwhp with little torque. thats an all out effort, and hardly worth it.

i will never dyno the turbo without boost, but it is likely in the 280-290rwhp range. not much to brag about.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:40 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

who are you refering to as hacks? and ford racing doesnt make it stock. stock is stock. would you call a 302 with z cam and z303 heads stock? so stop feeling butt hurt noone in here has a STOCK car
Old 04-22-2013, 07:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 450 Likes on 355 Posts

I don't know about the mileage man....I have 115k on mine. 80k on the ls6. I don't consider any engine running at more atmosphere's stock. So now you needed to upgrade your fuel system to handle the extra boost......and after all the making fun of the 10bolt the ford guys do you braced yours up to live........oooohhhh the irony. So you run it like you do on the street....except w/o slicks

car runs good Heater.....just givin you ****.

I probably have the most mods to my car and near the least on my engine.
Originally Posted by dsmfan95
Yeah. I had a twin disk in my Evo that was a 7.25" and weighed less than 20lbs with the flywheel. It took some getting used to, but I could slam the **** out of the gears in it... especially with the hydraulic throw out bearing.
Mine weighs 17#
Old 04-22-2013, 07:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 450 Likes on 355 Posts

who are you refering to as hacks? and ford racing doesnt make it stock. stock is stock. would you call a 302 with z cam and z303 heads stock? so stop feeling butt hurt noone in here has a STOCK car
Yeah bitches!!!!!!!!!!

Can you imagine either if our cars running with just the added boost?? Heat is probably running 16-18lbs. That would put us @ 8-10lbs...damn, even if it's only 6-8lbs it's still damn.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:55 AM
On The Tree

I never said it was stock, I just said that I had a upgraded Ford Racing blower. You don't think that what you just said wasn't butt hurt?

I don't know about the mileage man....I have 115k on mine. 80k on the ls6. I don't consider any engine running at more atmosphere's stock. So now you needed to upgrade your fuel system to handle the extra boost......and after all the making fun of the 10bolt the ford guys do you braced yours up to live........oooohhhh the irony. So you run it like you do on the street....except w/o slicks

car runs good Heater.....just givin you ****.

I probably have the most mods to my car and near the least on my engine.

Mine weighs 17#

The car had the brace on it when I bought it, so it is what it is.

LoL, my car goes against about all you believe in I think.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:57 AM
On The Tree

Yeah bitches!!!!!!!!!!

Can you imagine either if our cars running with just the added boost?? Heat is probably running 16-18lbs. That would put us @ 8-10lbs...damn, even if it's only 6-8lbs it's still damn.

Better yet, imagine what my car would run at your weight and all your low rotational mass tricks?

Quick Reply: Mach at the track