Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Bolt on 5.0, beats 4th gen 427 stroker camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 03:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wasn't even aware the 5.0 can reach that kinda of power NA that's why I was asking you lol. Theirs a guy locally that has a boss with a tune and axle backs and it's pretty impressive the way it runs for the minimal mods it has. I defiantly want to see the new z28 in action.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Theblacknightls1
I wasn't even aware the 5.0 can reach that kinda of power NA that's why I was asking you lol. Theirs a guy locally that has a boss with a tune and axle backs and it's pretty impressive the way it runs for the minimal mods it has. I defiantly want to see the new z28 in action.
Technology is there... just a question of if the money is lol. Cams arent too pricey (in my eyes) considering what you would gain from a shelf set (45-55whp) but the extra 20whp you would gain from heads is where the loot comes into play.

If the Z28 keeps the same drivetrain that the other models have... it will likely make 10-15whp less then a C6Z06. Of course drivetrain can be fixed in the aftermarket.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
That is you and your *** **** buddies all the way. Done proved that on each one you in the past couple days.
I see you addressed almost none of my post

You didn't know what the **** you were talking about, the 429 was not a SOHC and it was produced in a car you could buy. Dumbshit.

Keep squirming in your chair, little buddy.

Now I see you're mad because Mike gave you examples that blew your mind
Old 02-25-2014, 09:01 PM
***Repost Police***

Just like Mike told me, little Dougy is just too stubborn to admit he's wrong. And he knows he's wrong.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

NA builds

Old 02-26-2014, 12:07 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Theblacknightls1
Ls7 is a beast and it is defiantly over the 5.0 Now would love to see the z28 go toe to toe with the boss
I would hope that for $30,000 more the Z28 would win.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:39 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Haha, I can't believe I've missed this. Hio is getting schooled. I agree with Marc, NA builds are gay.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:38 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by zz4camaro1980
So, who twists what? Hio, you are seriously delusional, but at least its entertaining.
if you guys can't see these guys twisting **** from every direction you should just give up at life.
Originally Posted by snake95
I see you addressed almost none of my post

You didn't know what the **** you were talking about, the 429 was not a SOHC and it was produced in a car you could buy. Dumbshit.

Keep squirming in your chair, little buddy.

Now I see you're mad because Mike gave you examples that blew your mind
I told you which one I meant but in your true fashion you just keep dragging it out.

I meant and already said the sohc engine, got my #'s confused as it is a 427. And no from my research it was never put in a "production" car. Thus meaning it had no rpo and was a over the counter engine.

Mike gave hypothetical builds with no real life examples. Then did not want me to use a airlid on a f-car compared to his full on fard performance parts build......nuff said.
Originally Posted by Poppacapp
I would hope that for $30,000 more the Z28 would win.
I think it's about 20k more. Wasn't a Boss ls like 55k? Besides the cheaper 1le will hand it to a Boss.
Originally Posted by sw07gt
Haha, I can't believe I've missed this. Hio is getting schooled. I agree with Marc, NA builds are gay.
Not at all on either.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:20 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I think it's about 20k more. Wasn't a Boss ls like 55k? Besides the cheaper 1le will hand it to a Boss.
2013 Boss 302 base price was about $42,000. Laguna Seca model was $50k.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:24 AM
TECH Addict

if you guys can't see these guys twisting **** from every direction you should just give up at life.
That's right... EVERYONE BUT HoHo is twisting... He's the VICTIM here... Don't want trouble... don't start trouble.

I meant and already said the sohc engine, got my #'s confused as it is a 427. And no from my research it was never put in a "production" car. Thus meaning it had no rpo and was a over the counter engine.
You mean SOHC, but didn 't know what the Hell you were talking about, so you screwed up... we know.

As for the production issues, I'm not gonna bother anymore aside from 2 things. #1, just because you can't find information, doesn't mean it isn't there. #2, you're the one who posed the OVER $24,000 LSX454 to us... Is THAT in a production automobile now, that the rest of the planet is not aware???

Mike gave hypothetical builds with no real life examples. Then did not want me to use a airlid on a f-car compared to his full on fard performance parts build......nuff said.
Mine was a real life example and made over 500rwhp.

More "don't know what I'm talking about" stuff... The Laguna Seca version was way up there. The Boss 302 was well under that price, more like 45k.

More over, the 1LE has NOTHING to do with the fact that another member said he's waiting to see the Z/28. and try to maintain a direction rather than going all over and confusing the **** out of yourself.

Not at all on either.
Of course not, because you just said so and without a doubt, you're stone cold and you know everything...

I do agree though, N/A builds aren't gay... They simply can't get the job done properly in heads up competition without spending far, far more money and using a stout foundation from the start... like a big block foundation.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:37 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by It'llrun
I looked very hard and the best I could truly verify was that NASCAR did say Ford had produced enough street drivers to meet the standard... Well, plus I found that there were 100 Thunderbolts, all of which were street legal back then, Of course, I was certainly of the mindset the T-bolt actually got a Wedge or Side Oiler, but it's not easy to tell what's what from back then because MUCH was not exactly straight forward documentation. There was also the Mercury Comet Cyclone. Aside from that, I know it's said to have gone into the Galaxie, which is what the T-bolt was if I remember correctly.

Now then... TASCA Ford did several installations over the years(probably still does) and those may have been their cars... On the other hand, I found absolute info claiming the T-bolt specifically, went to a fab shop after Ford built them including their engines, for roll cage work or the like... Again, I personally thought that got the Side Oiler. The Comet Cyclone... I can't get enough info.

I did just find a story about a drag racer and the guy in charge of factory supported motors at Ford... Fran something. According to that, the ended up with what raced in the A/FX class with a factory supplied Comet with a 427 SOHC... I know these cars existed, no question.

The only question is, how would we classify their sales... They were built and were sold, but basically nobody who bought one ever drove it on the street... They did get a factory VIN though, apparently. With that, we also know the engine was built STRICTLY for NASCAR, where it dominated until Chrysler threatened to do what it ultimately did... pull out, if NASCAR didn't ban the engine, which it did.

I've never bought one so... I have seen at least 1 at a car show. It was a Mercury and the guy had signs around it with various information. He definitely claimed that he bought it new in 1965, from a Mercury dealer and he was old enough and wealthy enough that it seemed to fit.
Thanks for your info.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Fyte mi Feggat
Old 02-26-2014, 08:48 AM
Launching!

That's right... EVERYONE BUT HoHo is twisting... He's the VICTIM here... Don't want trouble... don't start trouble.

You mean SOHC, but didn 't know what the Hell you were talking about, so you screwed up... we know.

As for the production issues, I'm not gonna bother anymore aside from 2 things. #1, just because you can't find information, doesn't mean it isn't there. #2, you're the one who posed the OVER $24,000 LSX454 to us... Is THAT in a production automobile now, that the rest of the planet is not aware???

Mine was a real life example and made over 500rwhp.

More "don't know what I'm talking about" stuff... The Laguna Seca version was way up there. The Boss 302 was well under that price, more like 45k.

More over, the 1LE has NOTHING to do with the fact that another member said he's waiting to see the Z/28. and try to maintain a direction rather than going all over and confusing the **** out of yourself.

Of course not, because you just said so and without a doubt, you're stone cold and you know everything...

I do agree though, N/A builds aren't gay... They simply can't get the job done properly in heads up competition without spending far, far more money and using a stout foundation from the start... like a big block foundation.
It's neat to see what people can do with NA builds, but they're ungodly expensive and they can't get the job done in heads up competition period. Forced Induction ftw.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

I told you which one I meant but in your true fashion you just keep dragging it out.

Not at all on either.
You could use the lid-the black wing. I just said you SHOULDN'T since we were using factory parts to prove that Ford could build a n/a motor with Ford parts. Hence me saying ported LPE heads was kind of silly since it wasn't really a GM design. Sure my examples I made up but they have been done many times by people and its easy to predict how much power they have,
Old 02-26-2014, 09:23 AM
TECH Addict

It's neat to see what people can do with NA builds, but they're ungodly expensive and they can't get the job done in heads up competition period. Forced Induction ftw.
In an overall sense, clearly..

Some class racing allows either and the BB foundations of over 500 cubes tend to do fairly well. Of course, the F.I entries are LIMITED in cubic inches, you're right... I didn't FULLY think that through.

Bottom line: When there are rules to what ya run, anything can be competitive, but when it's truly heads up, N//A will ALWAYS lose.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:33 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
Thanks for your info.
You're welcome! I only wish I could be more absolute with photo verification and perhaps VIN and total model info.

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
You could use the lid-the black wing. I just said you SHOULDN'T since we were using factory parts to prove that Ford could build a n/a motor with Ford parts. Hence me saying ported LPE heads was kind of silly since it wasn't really a GM design. Sure my examples I made up but they have been done many times by people and its easy to predict how much power they have,
Dude... You're gonna "rule" him out ...

There's what I was telling you earlier... He'll "twist" things and blame you(and everyone else) as if you're not bright enough to see it. Honestly, I do think he gets so caught up in his, "I'll make myself look like the winner somehow" mindset that he doesn't actually focus on the topic and instead spends his time trying to duck around any rules he didn't implement himself. His goal is clear: Remove ANY and ALL advantages you may have while not only retaining, but GAINING any and all he can in the process.

Left to him, even though you brought this up and told him EXACTLY what you'd use, he'll have it changed to you being limited to a 260 V8 with iron heads and a 2bbl vs the GM LSX454...
Old 02-26-2014, 09:38 AM
Launching!

In an overall sense, clearly..

Some class racing allows either and the BB foundations of over 500 cubes tend to do fairly well. Of course, the F.I entries are LIMITED in cubic inches, you're right... I didn't FULLY think that through.

Bottom line: When there are rules to what ya run, anything can be competitive, but when it's truly heads up, N//A will ALWAYS lose.
No I understood what you meant, unless the rules are written with the intention of making the NA cars competive they aren't. Even with the weight breaks and the more cubes, you can just make too much power FI.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:40 AM
TECH Addict

Is there a such thing as too much power???
Old 02-26-2014, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

At least in my mindset, they are pointless.

No point in spending $X on an aftermarket H/C/I build when I can have a few buddies (who have done quite a few kits) fab up a quality turbo kit for the same price.

Guy I sold my old nitrous kit to only paid $275 shipped. Find me a better deal for HP/$ ratio
Originally Posted by Cwarta
Fyte mi Feggat
You die!
Had a local guy do same build as I described above^^^^.. sold it and is now utilizing my buddy and said straight up one night, "Damnit, I would have ended up paying the same amount as I did my NA build just to do this in the first place versus losing money by selling the NA parts and switching later"
Old 02-26-2014, 11:10 AM
On The Tree

This thread has been been entertaining

Quick Reply: Bolt on 5.0, beats 4th gen 427 stroker camaro SS