Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Bolt on 5.0, beats 4th gen 427 stroker camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blown383LS1
Until someone steps up and makes aftermarket heads for the 5.0 then the only comparison we have is H/C LS3 vs cam only 5.0. What does the average bolt on LS3 make these days?
huh? RGR...
Old 03-02-2014, 03:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

RGR uses the factory castings right?
Old 03-02-2014, 03:48 PM
Banned

Islander033 automach is trying to compare an engine that is clearly superior to a different one so i did the same back to him and he didn't like it.

It was kinda like (to me comparing a mustang GT500 to a base model 4th gen SS) he wants to compare the 5.4 NA vs LS1 NA. If the 5th Gens never came out i would have stayed out of it but bc they are out the 5.4 needs to be compared to the GM engine that makes similar power aka either the LS3 or LS7 (idk how much the 5.4Lmakes NA stock)

Auto said the 5.4L makes 650+ NA so i asked him do you think the LS3 or LS7 can't do it. He replied saying well gm needed more cubes.... as if ford didn't need the other .8 cubes to get that same goal.

Yes i have compared vehicles wrongly in the past i admit that but im asking him to compare equally engines and auto runs and hides away or just says mad mad mad lol. Then i used his logic and compared the 572 to the 5.4L and yet he still has nothing to say lol

Hope i cleared things up if not f' it lol
Old 03-02-2014, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

RGR uses the factory castings right?
yes but do you not consider ported cylinder heads by definition... a head?
Old 03-02-2014, 04:08 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by "MAC"
Islander033 automach is trying to compare an engine that is clearly superior to a different one so i did the same back to him and he didn't like it.

It was kinda like (to me comparing a mustang GT500 to a base model 4th gen SS) he wants to compare the 5.4 NA vs LS1 NA. If the 5th Gens never came out i would have stayed out of it but bc they are out the 5.4 needs to be compared to the GM engine that makes similar power aka either the LS3 or LS7 (idk how much the 5.4Lmakes NA stock)

Auto said the 5.4L makes 650+ NA so i asked him do you think the LS3 or LS7 can't do it. He replied saying well gm needed more cubes.... as if ford didn't need the other .8 cubes to get that same goal.

Yes i have compared vehicles wrongly in the past i admit that but im asking him to compare equally engines and auto runs and hides away or just says mad mad mad lol. Then i used his logic and compared the 572 to the 5.4L and yet he still has nothing to say lol

YA, but big red hammer fire says that cubes don't count. Only the number of moving parts and outside diameter does. lol
Old 03-02-2014, 04:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawhead
I didn't say anything about your dyno numbers for the 120312 time retard....

you stated "NOW" meaning RIGHT now and you didn't mention anything about your intake and said only thing not stock on the engine NOW is the springs and rockers......What does NOW have to do with that Dyno sheet that I've yet to mention a single number from.......Keep reaching though its fun to watch you squirm its been a while since I've toyed with you....

You were wrong it's okay to admit every once in a while no one will judge you any different you already made a name for yourself here....
My engine came with no intake.....what do I do??? Run it w/o one? By the bolt-on guide when stock is mentioned it is considered the longblock. Intakes can and have been considered a bolt on. Therefor the only thing not stock on my longblock is the rockers and springs.

You tried to blow it up to more than that several different ways and lost. You look stupid for trying to twist that into something it was not.
Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
Can we just get a hio haters b.s. thread so all the power adder ford crybabies can stay in their crib with blanky and bah bah?
OOOOOHHHHH can you imagine the tears that would flow in that thread.
Originally Posted by Heater
I wouldn't consider your purpose built car to be a DD.

I'm sure it's just as modded, if not more modded that the car you just called a race car.
any time a car gets a single mod its purpose built. If there was no purpose then it wouldn't me getting a modification. Even an air lid is for a purpose. Cant draw lines here.
******* heater on that one.....good job you sexy beast of a man.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
My engine came with no intake.....what do I do??? Run it w/o one? By the bolt-on guide when stock is mentioned it is considered the longblock. Intakes can and have been considered a bolt on. Therefor the only thing not stock on my longblock is the rockers and springs.

You tried to blow it up to more than that several different ways and lost. You look stupid for trying to twist that into something it was not.

OOOOOHHHHH can you imagine the tears that would flow in that thread.

******* heater on that one.....good job you sexy beast of a man.

That's about what I expect from a father and son team.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:23 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol. He was being a hypocrite.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:25 PM
Teching In

That's about what I expect from a father and team.
Cries no airbags when his own car came from the factory with none. Doesn't get much more hypocritical.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

**** so I buy a long block throw a Whipple on it and I guess I can tout around like you LMAO

Bro didn't come with a blower so I put a 3.4 on it !

You're such a joke lol
Old 03-02-2014, 04:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by evangto87
yes but do you not consider ported cylinder heads by definition... a head?
All I am saying is that slapping on a set of TFS 255's or other aftermarket heads to an LS3 and comparing it to a ported stock headed 5.0 is a little lopsided.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats fine... id be perfectly comfortable with a stock casting ported head. Will make more power then these guys would want to believe anyway
Old 03-02-2014, 04:43 PM
10 Second Club

everyone has thier opinion. His trans is easily streetable, have you drove it? Nope. The car is not swiss cheese even mike has stated that. The safety equipment you speak of didn't come factory in YOUR fox or my iroc so who gives a **** if they aren't in it?
UH OH....the notch has no air bag action. Do you think the furd guys will look down on that car for not having them? Errything before 1990 = race car for no air bag.
Guess since my 89 has no air bag, a stalled auto, and weight reduction its a purpose built race car lmfao. Heater tell me this. Whats a bolt on single cam 1989 100 hp honda hatchback with a face plated trans? Ding ding ding I bet its a RACE CAR.
******* race cars
I've driven a face plated transmission.

The people that face plate them will tell you when you have it done, that it's not recommended for street use.

So since it's a matter of opinion, then you would consider my Black Car a street car?
Terrible street car

If it has heat, Windows that work, wipers that work, and runs on pump gas. Or e85 thats local as in buying e85 and a hotdog from a station . Then yup. But yours doesnt have wipers. And no heat. So if it had those two and runs on pump then I sure would.
Originally Posted by automach1
Wipers make it a racecar lol
The lack of them do.
LoL, nice stipulations Hio Jr.
What else would you call a street car? Mines actually a dd.
Does your daddy dd his car on the same wheels/tires that he goes to the track on?
Sometimes I do. I have 3 sets of wheels/tires for the car. They all help it do different ****.
Wrong! He thinks e85 is race gas. I think if you have it in your town at a normal station (alot of places do) then its no different than pump. But wipers and heat are a must. He doesn't like cars without A/C. Mine has no A/C.. So no im no hio jr. We see alot of things different.
Pretty much
Originally Posted by big hammer
my bad. since you're friends with hio, I assumed that you're an old man too!
Someone has to bring him up right.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:50 PM
Teching In

Nice wipers! REAL PURPOSE BUILT cars dont have those.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:05 PM
10 Second Club

What does it have to do with anything? Seriously all of this my car runs the same on the street as it does the track etc.. Yet let me guess he swaps all of his **** around to make a pass at the track
I drive around on all my wheels.
Hell I have yet to see a h/c 5th gen camero run faster then a Bolton 5.0. Much less a h/c 5.0
Not really......rhino went 10.65 cam only 5th gen.
no he runs 16s in the winter, and runs drag radials and 18s both in the warm weather season. I stay on a drag radial year round.
17's in the winter. My stock SS wheels.

My 18's are my fave......goal is to run 10.5 @ 135+ on the 18's when the 7 goes in.
Originally Posted by audacious nick
Autofag runs 12s on the street and at the track!
lol....pretty much
Are aftermarket heads a huge improvement over stock LS3 heads?
Not really. A friend just built a circle track ls engine for a guy. They used gmpp ls3 cnc'd heads out of the box. Mildish .5xx cam and it made like 650hp on his engine dyno.
Until someone steps up and makes aftermarket heads for the 5.0 then the only comparison we have is H/C LS3 vs cam only 5.0. What does the average bolt on LS3 make these days?
A solid full bolt-on ls3 should make 450~whp.

The real kicker here is that the L99 may be the better engine.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:07 PM
10 Second Club

Nice wipers! REAL PURPOSE BUILT cars dont have those.
My wipers are slappin outta tempo as I listen to songs on the radio.

Notice the ac is on also.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:11 PM
10 Second Club

Lol. He was being a hypocrite.
Yes he was.
Cries no airbags when his own car came from the factory with none. Doesn't get much more hypocritical.
For sure
Originally Posted by Lawhead
**** so I buy a long block throw a Whipple on it and I guess I can tout around like you LMAO

Bro didn't come with a blower so I put a 3.4 on it !

You're such a joke lol
Just spit the truth at ya....figured you would not like it. You never do.

Now it done escalated from a intake to a complete blower set-up.......but I'm the joke. Grow up.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:41 PM
Banned

Just wanted to make it clear that you do not dd the car on the same wheels you drive it at the track with. Once again making you a hypocrite.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by "MAC"

You are clueless.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:53 PM
Teching In

Just wanted to make it clear that you do not dd the car on the same wheels you drive it at the track with. Once again making you a hypocrite.
Because he uses a radial on the street and track! Thats alot different than putting on a slick or bias ply then pulling them off to drive home. Or pulling them off when you get home.

Quick Reply: Bolt on 5.0, beats 4th gen 427 stroker camaro SS