Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by "MAC"
Hopefully you will too
This aint my first rodeo
Old 03-04-2014, 07:37 AM
On The Tree

^^Yeah,but being the clown in the barrel doesn't count.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:15 AM
10 Second Club

Received 434 Likes on 341 Posts

^^^^^lol

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
You don't think a bolt-on/geared/stalled/suspension Mach 1 with a built transmission and a few pounds off the front could run in the 11s? Because that's the same motor that's in the Aviator. The 5.4 out of the Navigator has a little more power and a lot more torque...
Sure....the difference is the way they get there. A mach has to leave really really hard to have a shot.
Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
The navigator dohc is a stout piece for a pos mod motor. it would be close if it was in a fox. Can't wait to get mine wrapped up. Want to see how fast it will go bolt on. 10s on spray will be easy if it runs any where near what it should on boltons.
Cool......keep your eyes open for one. If I can find a 66 fastback after I sell the notch in decent shape then I'll put one it it. Are they cheap?
Old 03-04-2014, 08:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by automach1
Originally Posted by "MAC"
Hopefully you will too
This aint my first rodeo
Proof?
Old 03-04-2014, 09:05 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hiossilver
^^^^^lol

sure....the difference is the way they get there. A mach has to leave really really hard to have a shot.

Cool......keep your eyes open for one. If i can find a 66 fastback after i sell the notch in decent shape then i'll put one it it. Are they cheap?
12-1500.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:39 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Yes.....but it ran those times stock. I did a cold air intake, udp and a mild tune and it ran the same......but it had 33x12.5 / 17 wheels tires on it.

For starters e85 is not "pump" gas. Secondly stop trying to give the 5.4 a crutch to stand on because you know it won't make as much on pump. I have a very good understanding of what modulars can do. Look around at the guys yakkin on this site.......NONE of them has a n/a modular except for Bitemark.......and he's planning on goin forced induction. Does that tell you anything?

Nothing....the 5.4 get's it's *** handed to it there too.

LOL.....keep dreamin. Maybe we should do a comparison like those "Forum Wars". You would get soundly thrashed.

LOL @ little man ****. You would break down just trying to carry one of my nuts you **** ant.

LOL.....so now your built old motor is goin to out et my bolt-on ls6.....lmao. I thought is was about mph to you? Well we both know it was not goin to do either as long as your dumbass owned it.

Dude everyone knows your slip and vid do not match up......give it up. Even the ford guys know it.

You see guys this is why the ls is a better engine. In case you haven't noticed all of the furd guys have a hard on for a little bolt-on ls6. Yet none of them have anything n/a or on the stock charger that can run with it

Well heaters none ford mustang can out run run it......but I'm talking actual ford stuff.

Here's a link to a pick'em up truck bolt-on engine in e 4th gen
https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...8-hardtop.html

Does anyone here think they can go to a junk yard......pluck a 5.4 out of a 4x4 truck and run the # this guy did?
Weird considering my car has gone quicker and faster than yours

But I don't drive my cobra in the rain so it doesn't count according to you lmfao

Poor Hio
Old 03-04-2014, 12:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

For starters e85 is not "pump" gas. Secondly stop trying to give the 5.4 a crutch to stand on because you know it won't make as much on pump. I have a very good understanding of what modulars can do. Look around at the guys yakkin on this site.......NONE of them has a n/a modular except for Bitemark.......and he's planning on goin forced induction. Does that tell you anything?
E85 is considered pump gas at nearly half the stations around me. You're definition of it doesn't set a single standard. If you're understanding of what modulars can do n/a is based off this site then you don't know jack. All that tells me is what I already know, it's very very expensive to get a modular to make bigger power n/a, much more expensive than the LSx. Obviously people boost their motors to get a desired power simply because it cost less, makes all the sense in the world but doesn't mean they aren't capable to make big power n/a either, because they can. Please quite arguing, your lack of knowledge isn't going to change my mind on what I know and have seen.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:43 PM
TECH Resident

The navigator dohc is a stout piece for a pos mod motor. it would be close if it was in a fox. Can't wait to get mine wrapped up. Want to see how fast it will go bolt on. 10s on spray will be easy if it runs any where near what it should on boltons.
Here's one thing that "pos" 5.4L can do. 6.04 @ 246 1/4 mile using a stock sleeved block and stock ported heads. Before some of you twist **** up, the only point here is that's one strong *** engine block, for being a "pos".

http://www.dragzine.com/news/team-mm...4-and-246-mph/
Old 03-04-2014, 12:49 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
E85 is considered pump gas at nearly half the stations around me. You're definition of it doesn't set a single standard. If you're understanding of what modulars can do n/a is based off this site then you don't know jack. All that tells me is what I already know, it's very very expensive to get a modular to make bigger power n/a, much more expensive than the LSx. Obviously people boost their motors to get a desired power simply because it cost less, makes all the sense in the world but doesn't mean they aren't capable to make big power n/a either, because they can. Please quite arguing, your lack of knowledge isn't going to change my mind on what I know and have seen.
Pump gas drags........do you know what gas they run?

I'll give you hint.......it's not called e85 drags.

actually I went to the corral and snooped around. My bolt on ls6 makes their top 20 for power. Where do you think I stand on this site for n\a power? Does anymore need to be said?

With enough money anything can be made to make power. It's engines that do it willingly and realitivly chep that become great and popular. Boosting **** is pretty expensive all on it's own.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:53 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
Here's one thing that "pos" 5.4L can do. 6.04 @ 246 1/4 mile using a stock sleeved block and stock ported heads. Before some of you twist **** up, the only point here is that's one strong *** engine block, for being a "pos".

http://www.dragzine.com/news/team-mm...4-and-246-mph/
Ftw.......stock block...........oh but with sleeves. .......hhhhmmmmm.....Wouldn't be not stock? Awesome point.

if they are so great sell your **** and buy one. It really is that easy. Show me........put YOUR money where your mouth is.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:14 PM
TECH Resident

Ftw.......stock block...........oh but with sleeves. .......hhhhmmmmm.....Wouldn't be not stock? Awesome point.

if they are so great sell your **** and buy one. It really is that easy. Show me........put YOUR money where your mouth is.
Why that chapped your *** is beyond me. It's a factory block with aftermarket sleeves. If I seen ANY sleeved factory block do that, all I would say is it's pretty badass, no matter the make. The reasons that upset you are fricking hilarious.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:35 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Lawhead
Weird considering my car has gone quicker and faster than yours

But I don't drive my cobra in the rain so it doesn't count according to you lmfao

Poor Hio
Law -only quoted you cause you quoted Hihoe and I saw my name.

I have a very good understanding of what modulars can do. Look around at the guys yakkin on this site.......NONE of them has a n/a modular except for Bitemark.......and he's planning on goin forced induction. Does that tell you anything?

Yes I do plan on going boosted. But since you appear to know why, then can you tell me?

With the setup that it has (low comp for n/a and blower cams) it will go low 11's with the worst modular 4v head ever made (came with the car btw). By switching to 03/04 style heads, I'd pick up another 2-3 tenths.

I know of 2 n/a 5.4 motors that went low 9's n/a. Can you show me the same for an LSx? Keep in mind my examples did it with less than 333 cubes. I haven't seen a 346 go low 9's n/a. All the ones I have seen are bigger.

You see guys this is why the ls is a better engine. In case you haven't noticed all of the furd guys have a hard on for a little bolt-on ls6.

Yeah bolt-on, FP T56, swiss cheese'd car gives us wood. Please don't flatter yourself. The guy with the vette with the same setup as you has gone over 7 tenths faster. I'd be livid if my car didn't run 10's with 130 traps...N/A, FI, electric powered, Fred Flinstone powered, whatever. Street car or not. That Supra excuse territory. Your car is more of a racecar than mine. Why does every car have to have OEM parts to gain your respect? So I take it you despise NHRA TF, FC, and Prostock?

Everyone would like you much better if you got off that pedestal that you think you have/deserve.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:00 PM
Teching In

Is he off the ignore list yet lol?
Old 03-04-2014, 02:13 PM
11 Second Club

Is he off the ignore list yet lol?
Never. lol. Now that I think about it, I just defeated the purpose of the ignore list.....sigh. I was brought down and beaten by experience.

-Mark
Old 03-04-2014, 02:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
Never. lol. Now that I think about it, I just defeated the purpose of the ignore list.....sigh. I was brought down and beaten by experience.

-Mark
Lol you beat me to it. I was about to ask its purpose lmfao
Old 03-04-2014, 02:19 PM
11 Second Club

Lol you beat me to it. I was about to ask its purpose lmfao
lol. Yeah that will be the last one I assure you.

-Mark
Old 03-04-2014, 05:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Like you just know the physical dimension of all these motors off the top of your head.
Doesn't take much to know a typical big block is smaller than a 4v mod motor...
As far as "convincing" people that I'm not some fanboy, I have no need for that. The intelligent and open-minded people on this forum, of whom there are many (though that number seems to be decreasing daily) know that if anything, I am a Corvette lover. The Ford OHC motors aren't exactly the pinnacle of swap-ability into other platforms, but they are still solid motors w/ good heads and strong blocks.
No one is disputing any of that. But you sure do put a lot of time in to argue for Ford over the littlest thing when you are "not a fanboy."

The cars that they were designed to go into hold them with no difficulty (though as mentioned, if you need to do top-end work it's probably easier to just pull the engine out). For swapping purposes, of course LSx engines are going to be a better choice...but since nine times out of ten we are talking about the motors in the cars they came in, that is not as big a deal as you make it out to be.
But in this case we are not, we are just talking about the engines themselves. Even it that wasn't the case the Ford powered production cars would have all around better performance with an LSx variant under their hood and thats the ironic thing about it. With all these Ford guys trying (failing) to bash the LSx, the fact of the matter is with it being lighter and smaller, even if the output were to be handicapped to match the Ford's power, the car would still be a better all around performer. THATS the beauty of it, and what Ive been saying all along about displacement not mattering.

Volumetric efficiency is very useful in the real world as far as technological progression is concerned.
So in other words when comparing APPLES TO APPLES, not different engines from different manufactures from different model years.
HOWEVER, there is still a huge hole in your logic: what if the manufacturer is not trying for all out peak power? (like a max effort build).
For example, the LS1 came out in '97 with ~350hp. Now do you honestly think thats all the engineers could get from it, and then suddenly in 2001 they discovered that with a bigger cam and better heads they could make 385hp? And then again in 2002 to make 405hp? Were talking engineers that design production engines for cars sold around the world, do they not know how engines make power? Or maybe, just maybe they had a power goal already set, and wanted the lightest, smallest yet cheapest way to get there? Either build a low cost, physically small and lightweight OHV engine to make 350hp, with extra cubes to spare (see low end torque, big power potential) or build a high strung 3.0-4.0L OHC engine comparable in size (yet heavier, and higher COG) and much more expensive and complex to make 350hp, with much less low end and little power potential left.

Working on volumetric efficiency is what produced OHC and OHV motors in the first place, and as the focus on emissions (which isn't just mpg, btw) grows you will see more companies working on developing smaller OHC-based/4V valvetrains.
Nothing wrong with that, however we are speaking specifically about V engines, inline engines certainly benefit from being OHC.

The cam-less "Free Valve" tech that Koenigsegg is working on seems really promising for engines moving forward in the coming 3-5 years. Personally, I'd love to see Ford develop an all-new OHC V8 that isn't based on the common bore-spacing/deck height design of the 4.6/5.4/5.0.
Yes, Ive been waiting on someone to make a "cam-less" engine, like a pneumatic valvetrain.

I would like to pose a question though; if bigger displacement is always better, and since the LS-based motors are all the same size, why do they have 4.8/5.3/6.0/6.2/7.0 variations? And that question is only partially smart-***, btw.
Cost, complexity and longevity I'd imagine. Plus heritage (7L "427" car).
Building the truck based 4.8L's as stout as possible within budget for truck duties, and the rest aimed more at performance, as you see each year growing displacement even if power doesn't go up you see the torque curve looking better.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:19 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

And people need to stop quoting autofag. It's funnier when I just see a blocked post.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by audacious nick
And people need to stop quoting autofag. It's funnier when I just see a blocked post.
I guess you can't handle it. How sad
Old 03-04-2014, 06:30 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by automach1
I guess you can't handle it. How sad
Nick can't handle the troof!

Quick Reply: Bolt on 5.0, beats 4th gen 427 stroker camaro SS