Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Bolt on 5.0, beats 4th gen 427 stroker camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 05:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
Nice wipers! REAL PURPOSE BUILT cars dont have those.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by automach1
Originally Posted by "MAC"
Islander033 automach is trying to compare an engine that is clearly superior to a different one so i did the same back to him and he didn't like it.

It was kinda like (to me comparing a mustang GT500 to a base model 4th gen SS) he wants to compare the 5.4 NA vs LS1 NA. If the 5th Gens never came out i would have stayed out of it but bc they are out the 5.4 needs to be compared to the GM engine that makes similar power aka either the LS3 or LS7 (idk how much the 5.4Lmakes NA stock)

Auto said the 5.4L makes 650+ NA so i asked him do you think the LS3 or LS7 can't do it. He replied saying well gm needed more cubes.... as if ford didn't need the other .8 cubes to get that same goal.

Yes i have compared vehicles wrongly in the past i admit that but im asking him to compare equally engines and auto runs and hides away or just says mad mad mad lol. Then i used his logic and compared the 572 to the 5.4L and yet he still has nothing to say lol

Hope i cleared things up if not f' it lol
You are clueless.
Please explain then...
Old 03-02-2014, 06:04 PM
On The Tree

LoL, two peas in a pod.

As soon as I put wipers back on my car, the father and son team would cry about something else about my race car.

That's why I didn't want to say anything about my race car Nathan, I knew that you would pick it apart just to make you and your Daddy look better.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

The retard duo in here, preaching as usual.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by islander033
Originally Posted by "MAC"
Islander033 automach is trying to compare an engine that is clearly superior to a different one so i did the same back to him and he didn't like it.

It was kinda like (to me comparing a mustang GT500 to a base model 4th gen SS) he wants to compare the 5.4 NA vs LS1 NA. If the 5th Gens never came out i would have stayed out of it but bc they are out the 5.4 needs to be compared to the GM engine that makes similar power aka either the LS3 or LS7 (idk how much the 5.4Lmakes NA stock)

Auto said the 5.4L makes 650+ NA so i asked him do you think the LS3 or LS7 can't do it. He replied saying well gm needed more cubes.... as if ford didn't need the other .8 cubes to get that same goal.

Yes i have compared vehicles wrongly in the past i admit that but im asking him to compare equally engines and auto runs and hides away or just says mad mad mad lol. Then i used his logic and compared the 572 to the 5.4L and yet he still has nothing to say lol

Hope i cleared things up if not f' it lol
YA, but big red hammer fire says that cubes don't count. Only the number of moving parts and outside diameter does. lol
Lol not me man i see what everyone is saying tho. Like i said Ford uses a different approach thats perfectly fine! Most top dollar cars have ohc engines so i see why they decided to go that route. And like itllrun, irun11s, etc... have said they can rev higher than a ohv engine thus the ohc engines able to make more power with less cubes. If Ford wants to they could make a ohv engine with just as much power as what Chevy offers real question is why would they? The mustangs are selling just fine just like the camaro is selling just fine no changes needed honestly. But with the coming new models i expect both to sell a lot more than they have been selling
Old 03-02-2014, 06:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
Because he uses a radial on the street and track! Thats alot different than putting on a slick or bias ply then pulling them off to drive home. Or pulling them off when you get home.
You can race on the street with a "slick" derp. Same concept as hio races with it and takes it off for dd status. He doesn't dd the car on the same tires/wheels as he tracks the car therefore racecar.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Alright im bored and browsing, so sorry late to the game ladies but Ill leave this here:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...r-346ci-n.html
Although Im not sure the point of limiting displacement considering how much bigger/heaver the mod motor is. If you want an apples to apples comparison then compare it to a big block considering its the same size/weight. There is no downside in adding displacement to the LSx, so why not do it?
Just in case you mustang fanboys forgot...

"Run what ya brung" stop crying about displacement, its totally irreverent.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:32 PM
***Repost Police***

Surprise, the same picture making its monthly rounds.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:34 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
I agreed with the first part.

How the **** do you compare engines if displacement don't matter?

PS. pic is linked from Hio's photobucket....what up wit dat?
Old 03-02-2014, 06:39 PM
***Repost Police***

Doug took the picture.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:43 PM
11 Second Club

Alright im bored and browsing, so sorry late to the game ladies but Ill leave this here:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...r-346ci-n.html
Although Im not sure the point of limiting displacement considering how much bigger/heaver the mod motor is. If you want an apples to apples comparison then compare it to a big block considering its the same size/weight. There is no downside in adding displacement to the LSx, so why not do it?
Just in case you mustang fanboys forgot...

OH - MY - GAAAAHHHHWD!

I see the engine on the right and the FIRST thing that crossed my mind was: "Rube Goldberg ... I didn't realize he was working for Ford."

The second was: "Freightliner".

The third was: "Why?".

Fourth: How far apart would the front tires need to be to shoe-horn that monstrosity into an F-Body (Clearly the question is academic, as the third question covers the practical aspects).

Last edited by OVA1; 03-02-2014 at 06:48 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:46 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Heater
LoL, two peas in a pod.

As soon as I put wipers back on my car, the father and son team would cry about something else about my race car.

That's why I didn't want to say anything about my race car Nathan, I knew that you would pick it apart just to make you and your Daddy look better.
kevin, you were picking his car apart. Aside from heat and wipers your car is closer than alot of ppls. You pick his apart when yours has senseless **** removed.I mean how much is it really gonna slow you down to have wipers and heat. < 1. Ive stuck up for you before with him. But why pick his apart if you have similar **** going on? And its hard to pick a race car apart for being a race car. You asked me if I thought it was a street car. And I described how its not. Like I said its closer than many others.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Surprise, the same picture making its monthly rounds.
Truth hurts...

Originally Posted by islander033
I agreed with the first part.

How the **** do you compare engines if displacement don't matter?

PS. pic is linked from Hio's photobucket....what up wit dat?
Weight, physical size and power/torque?
If you are building an engine which is more important, weight/size or displacement? Would you not want the smaller/lighter engine regardless of displacement?
Old 03-02-2014, 06:52 PM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Everyone's definition of a street car is different, Hio's is just retarded.
***Repost Police***

If they're both going into cars where they will fit with no problem, the physical dimensions don't mean nearly as much as you make it seem. If I was picking an engine to swap into a car with limited engine bay space (S2000, FD RX7, etc), then of course I would probably do some sort of LSx engine. But whining about the mod motor being physically larger is a silly argument when we're talking about how efficiently an engine coverts the air/fuel being injected into horsepower.
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Just wanted to make it clear that you do not dd the car on the same wheels you drive it at the track with. Once again making you a hypocrite.
LOL.......How are you making this clear? I already said I dd on all the wheels. My stock 17" SS wheels in the winter. Why would I drive my drag pack in the snow? I don't drive my 18's in the winter either. If you knew anything about tires you would know that a soft compound tire like the r-compounds on my 18's get hard in the cold. Why would I want to waste a tire like that? In the winter the 17's actually perform better anyway. The 18's are my fave overall. In the good weather I switch between the drag pack and the 18's. The drag pack will be on for weeks at a time.....so will the 18's

So how am I a hypocrite? You yak so much and know so little.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:53 PM
Teching In

Doug took the picture.
It looks the same in person. The ls outer deminsions are pretty small. They are shorter than a sbc. The ford 4v motors are huge to look at. makes you wonder how 281 got that big.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:55 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

...Weight, physical size and power/torque...
I have no problems agreeing with that ^^^ as long as displacement is included in the formula.

Y'all are gonna be some cryin *** babies once GM converts to DOHC. lol
Old 03-02-2014, 06:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Heater
LoL, two peas in a pod.

Looks like there are 3 peas in your pod. How do you feel being that closely associated with autostupid?
Originally Posted by snake95
The retard duo in here, preaching as usual.
You can race on the street with a "slick" derp. Same concept as hio races with it and takes it off for dd status. He doesn't dd the car on the same tires/wheels as he tracks the car therefore racecar.
Not really......As I said I do dd it on them. So stop making **** up. BTW......I even drive my drag pak in the rain. Try that with your slick.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:59 PM
Teching In

If they're both going into cars where they will fit with no problem, the physical dimensions don't mean nearly as much as you make it seem. If I was picking an engine to swap into a car with limited engine bay space (S2000, FD RX7, etc), then of course I would probably do some sort of LSx engine. But whining about the mod motor being physically larger is a silly argument when we're talking about how efficiently an engine coverts the air/fuel being injected into horsepower.
it matters in a notch!!! Hios is like driving a 460 car lol. They are *** light to begin with.in the long run you can make either hook. But under normal driving the handling sucks! But I could care less about handling is why that exact engine was picked.

Quick Reply: Bolt on 5.0, beats 4th gen 427 stroker camaro SS